Why Vishnu Sahasrnamam for Mercury?

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
vikram_ultimate
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Why Vishnu Sahasrnamam for Mercury?

Post by vikram_ultimate » 02 Nov 2012

Why is Vishnu Sahasranamam beneficial only for mercury,as far as I know when people talk about Vishnu as the sustainer of the Universe then Vishnu Sahasranamam should be beneficial for all the planets right?

KET

Re: Why Vishnu Sahasrnamam for Mercury?

Post by KET » 02 Nov 2012

You are Right. What Lord Krishna told Bhishma ( who gave Vishnu Sasranamam to the world)... whoever reciting Vishnusasranamam daily, the person will be benefited by Lord, Lord Vishnu. Care must be taken. those who recites Vishnusasranamam and other divine mantras, there should be no intake of non veg/ no alcohol etc.

For remedy related to Mercury, appeasing Lord Vishnu is more important. There are other stotrams/ mantras are available for Lord Vishnu, but Vishnsasranamam is the most sought one.

When there is Gho Hatya (slaughtering of Cows/ Killing of Cows for meat), stree Hatya ( Foeticide), Brahma Hatya .... are deadly sins, those who orders/ makes hatyas on the innocents will be punished severely in Hell.

When Parvati devi enquired with Lord Shiva, how one can atleast to some degree get relief from this doshas, Lord Shiva said, Chanting of Vishnusasramam and Om Namah Shiva ya Namah. can get take care of .
Last edited by KET on 03 Nov 2012, edited 1 time in total.

vikram_ultimate
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yeah you are right too,
Lord shiva has said if people find it difficult to chant all the names then "Sri Rama Rameti...... is sufficient :)

howzat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by howzat » 02 Nov 2012

dear ultimate,

you are correct. one mythology is here for that. i will tell you ok - see read -

Budha no, his father was Chandra and mother is Tara. Tara is actually Jupiters wife. Chandra was going for tution class to Gurus house. there he saw his teachers wife. Chandra is handsome fellow. white and handsome. Tara is hot number. Chandra was in his young - easy slip - fell in love. one day when guru was not at home, Chandra put line for Tara and Tara also put line for Chandra. Tara told Chandra you are good looking my husband is sitting and teaching every day. in the night he is doing meditation. for me nothing. Chandra said i will give everything and Tara ran away with Chandra. guru came home. Wife is not there.

chandra meantime is having jolly live in relationship with Tara. Guru was searching everywhere but Tara is not there. finally guru got chandras location and traced him because chandra is also missing and not comming for tution class. guru is smart no - he put two and two and made 22. when seeing what? tara is living in relationship with Chandra. Guru asked tara to come home. she said no. Full fighting between Chandra and Guru. in english one saying is there - the enemy of my enemy is my friend. 2 peoples are fighting but enemy of enemy is friend no - so all asura Gana deva boota kinnara - all started fighting. only Guru and chandra know why they are fighting. rest all are making jolly by fighting. That time no police - Brahma only was police force. all born from his navel no. so he has control. some Narada went and complained to Brahma. Brahma came and stopped the fight and did mandvali between Chandra and Guru. Finally chandra and Guru one type of friendship, not fully friend - but friend. there and there. no further. all other who joined no - looking like stupids. what is moral - when others are fighting dont put ungli.

Then Brahma gave councilling to Tara and tara went back to Gurus house. some months later Tara had good news. Guru was total confused. He thought good news is his. Chandra heard the good news and he was confused. whose good news is this? Chandra is like that. Cant make up his mind only.

Like that Budha was born. But budha was total confused. He did not know who his daddy. Budha is duel minded no. see both rasis gemini and virgo duel rasis.

one day big fight happened. budha raised question - who is my daddy. guru said I am your daddy. Tara devi is keeping mum. Budha wanted confirmation from mummy. mummy is mum. Budha no. he will not leave. he is like chewing gum. once he sticks means he wants answer. he will keep on asking. finally tara devi got fed up and told Chandra is your daddy. Guru was full upset he told budha you go to your daddy and threw budha out.

Budha went to Chandra's house. there chandra did not know what to do. Chandra does not have fixed thinking. 24 hours roaming like butterfly - That is why - butterfly mind word is there in english. cannot keep steady. like dragonfly only. now how to raise this child? chandra is trying to think. but he cant think. so chandra put budha in boarding with Rohini and Krittika. (his wifes)

Rohini and Krittika were trying their best to keep budha happy. But budha developed psychological problem. he felt ashamed because of his family history. There was shame and scandal in the family no. that is why.

one day budha decided to rectify the sin of his birth type. so he did remedy. he went to the Himalayas to do Tapas. Vishnu, pleased with the tapas, shows to Budha. By Vishnu's blessings Budha learned all the Vedas and arts and became intelligent.

what is meaning of story? see in such stories no - so manymany meaning are there. what we do - we say - ah chandra is doing jolly with others wife. we will also do. That is not correct. Some are saying Shiva drank soma rasa so we will also drink. some are saying indira is seeing dances of ramba urvasi and menaka so we will also go and do jolly in dance bar. I am asking - are we Indra or Shiva? this is not correct. They are all big big devas. we are manushyas. for us Shani is there on our head. For them Shani trouble is there sometimes only. They can tackle. can we tackle Shani? please tell.

i will continue ok - wait -

howzat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

see i am continuing -

now see inner meaning - Budha is intelligence. if Vishnu is not there for Budha - intelligence will misuse. see harshad mehta. same story. intelligence is there - but all used for fraud. Intelligence is seated where? in chandra. That is why Chandra is budhas daddy. Guru will come in picture when? only if mind and intelligence are together. then only Guru wisdom will come. Guru is Super daddy of Budha. remember that. Guru is also step daddy. If step child is behaving well - only then step father will cooporate well. it is easy to be intelligent. defficult to have intelligence + wisdom + sound mind - for that - we need Sri Vishnu's help.

That is why friends - reciting holy Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam is a must for good Budha = Intelligence. Eating Goat pig chicken cow and all - where Chandra and Budha will be in Satva and where Guru = Wisdom will come? tell?

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 02 Nov 2012

SVS is for all round prosperity. It is worthwhile reading 22 shlokas of phala shruti as Bheeshma Uvach to understand depth. Specifically for MErcury it is prescribed because for Mercury propitiation of Shri Vishnu yields quick results. Sri Parasara advises this in all remedial measures related to buddha in BPHS.

vikram_ultimate
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks a lot guys :)

vikram_ultimate
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi howzat,then doesnt this mean though Mercury is debiliated in Pisces and detriment in Saggitarius it is actually better when compared to other debiliations ?Because he is his step daddy? :D :wink: :D

howzat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

by vikram_ultimate » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:21 pm
Hi howzat,then doesnt this mean though Mercury is debiliated in Pisces and detriment in Saggitarius it is actually better when compared to other debiliations ?Because he is his step daddy?

hello,

dont put smiley :D :wink: :D and make joke.

read properly
by howzat » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:18 pm
see i am continuing
now see inner meaning - Budha is intelligence. if Vishnu is not there for Budha - intelligence will misuse. see harshad mehta. same story. intelligence is there - but all used for fraud. Intelligence is seated where? in chandra. That is why Chandra is budhas daddy. Guru will come in picture when? only if mind and intelligence are together. then only Guru wisdom will come. Guru is Super daddy of Budha. remember that. Guru is also step daddy. If step child is behaving well - only then step father will cooporate well. it is easy to be intelligent. defficult to have intelligence + wisdom + sound mind - for that - we need Sri Vishnu's help.

That is why friends - reciting holy Sri Vishnu Sahasranamam is a must for good Budha = Intelligence. Eating Goat pig chicken cow and all - where Chandra and Budha will be in Satva and where Guru = Wisdom will come? tell?

your name is ultimate no? read properly. for you peoples everything is joke. read actual meaning of mythology. Krishna had how many gopis of Vrindavan you know? total one hundred and eight. 8+1 = ? - 9. 9 means 9 Grahas. that is Snkya sastra. so all Grahas love him. Krishna is doing Raas lila. what is the meaning of Raas lila? - it means - pure love and devotion. we are also doing raas lila in Navratri - but our raas lila is what ? using danda for lust\love - minus devotion

understand properly no ultimate.

vikram_ultimate
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vikram_ultimate » 03 Nov 2012

Come on howzat I am not Ultimate ,Lord Vishnu is the Ultimate,anyways you are such a realized soul why dont you stop eating goat,sheep and start on your upwards journey towards Vaikuntha why do you simply waste time posting on such great forums where learned members come and discuss astrology :) and it is my wish i will put smiley because I know my intention :)

KET

Post by KET » 03 Nov 2012

Vikram,

Howzat ji is saying when divine mantras are chanted, it is our code of conduct to refrain from or we should not eat non veg/ alcohol intake etc. There would be folks will recommend non veg/ alcohol intake etc are o.k during pariharam or divine chanting, but what is prescribed by vedic scriptures to be adhered during paiharams or divine chanting.

These would be beneficial impact to native both for body and mind.

KET

Post by KET » 03 Nov 2012

...)
Last edited by KET on 03 Nov 2012, edited 1 time in total.

howzat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by howzat » 03 Nov 2012

by vikram_ultimate » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:21 pm
Hi howzat,then doesnt this mean though Mercury is debiliated in Pisces and detriment in Saggitarius it is actually better when compared to other debiliations ?Because he is his step daddy? :D :wink: :D
by vikram_ultimate » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:59 pm
Come on howzat I am not Ultimate ,Lord Vishnu is the Ultimate,anyways you are such a realized soul why dont you stop eating goat,sheep and start on your upwards journey towards Vaikuntha why do you simply waste time posting on such great forums where learned members come and discuss astrology and it is my wish i will put smiley because I know my intention
now see Budha what it is has done -

debilitated LL - Budha
debilitated Budha - aspected by 8L Kuja from 4H
Rashi lord Budha debilitated
Budha in fatal degree and within Trimsamsa degree

vikram_ultimate
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

LOL :) thats the reason I chant Vishnu Sahasranamam you see because I am dyslexic so have to overcome this ,very bad of Budha ...

howzat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

dyslexic means what?

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 03 Nov 2012

Howzat, can you please enable you PM? I want to send you a message please. Thanks

howzat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

ok dear neel I will do.

vikram_ultimate
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

It is a reading disorder to be frank ...

howzat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

ok no problem - everybody is perfect in world? no. beauty is in imperfection. you dont worry ok. you read my post again and do Sri Vishnu Sahasrnamam every day ok. God will bless you. Dont worry. For everything in this world no - there is remedy. I will pray for you ok. you are good person.
Last edited by howzat on 03 Nov 2012, edited 1 time in total.

vikram_ultimate
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yeah sure thanks a lot I am sorry if my behaviour has been rude ......

howzat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

see timing is good no? i edited my post to add that you are good person. same time you also posted. nice no. :) Dont worry. You are not rude. sometimes no for Kanya lagna Kuja is giving too much problem. In english one saying is there. buffalo in china shop. many times i was asking what is china shop? :oops: then i came to know - china shop means cutlery shop. what i know about china and cutlery?. so if buffalo is put in cutlery shop what will happen? all cutlery will break no? like that sometimes Kuja for Kanya lagna will do that. Kanya lagna peoples are very nice. but that Kuja is malefic for this lagna. what he will do? he will only make kanya lagna open cutlery shop then he will only let buffalo inside shop. Satyanas.

vikram_ultimate
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yeah thanks a lot I said sorry because as u said I do jump to conclusions and later repent actually Saturn Mahadasha has brought me down to earth and now actually I am far better anyways thanks again for taking time to explain :) ,but I have one more question now,generally astrologers say that a planet loses its debiliation after it matures like for example 32-34 years for mercury ,so will my Budh mahadasha be good then ?

howzat
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

no no Vikram that is not correct. once graha debilitated means life long it is. -

Normally i am telling - other planets debiliated means little ok. Budha - chandra - Guru - Shani - we must be careful. Why I will tell you. Chandra - Budha - Guru = thinking processs. this spoilt means then everything is gone. Shani is different chapter. even if thinking is wrong - people can still doing monkey business. Shani is also against means - either in zoo in cage - or in jail - or in mental hospital. he will put everything ulta.

For you no - Budha is getting good neech bhanga. Budha is in Kendra from Chandra and Lagna. so very good. dont worry. You do prayers. then nothing will touch you.

vikram_ultimate
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks a lot :) bye for now

felix1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by felix1 » 03 Nov 2012

howzat wrote: Intelligence is seated where? in chandra. That is why Chandra is budhas daddy.
That bit was a little confusing. Perhaps you are comming from the fact that chandra represents the mind.
I suppose the word 'mind' is a poor translation for the word 'manas' and Manas is hardly the seat of intelligence. I'd think Wisdom has more to do with intelligence than does manas. Manas is more of the emotional element than the rationale side of things.

Mercury has but one enemy and that is the moon.
You see, the emotional element when biased/afflicted enough, can "unseat" intelligence.