Remedies- Do they work or not?

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
deeps
Re: Remedies- Do they work or not?

Post by deeps » 16 Sep 2012

Can i see her chart to know when next pratyantar will start? It will be really useful to me. :)

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 16 Sep 2012

I'll have to ask her first, because she doesn't like to show it to unknown people.

I'll ask and will send it across if she allows.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

deeps

Sure Saindhavi ji... :)

No need to tell the details but do you remember the placements of planets? :)

deeps

I have seen many of my friends and relatives wear gemstones and say that they had seen no effect, so that is how I came to the opinion that gemstones don't work. I am yet to find someone for whom gemstones worked, except one person for whose father it worked he said, but one can't be sure if it was his father's destiny, which saved him or the gemstone.
Gemstones are pure business. In one case, a parent had to spend so much money on pukhraj and diamond for his son due to job problems. He wore for sometime but nothing happened. Out of depression, he finally put them away. After a month, he got a job.

So this again proves that gems can't change the destiny and the astrologer cheated the parents of their hard earned money.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 16 Sep 2012

Thank you aseem. I want the Administrators and Moderators to know how you mislead the forum and how all your data is fabricated and made up. All you are doing is misleading this forum. It gives me great pleasure to expose you.
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

ranbir
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ranbir » 16 Sep 2012

hi astroboy
hru?
just was going through your post and since u quote deeps two messages one of katie holmes which is dated june 20 where he talks about using freewill and next message dated sept 16 where he mention that destiny is supreme. let me mention the post of deeps in which he has written on july 8 where he clearly writes that he was a staunch supporter of freewill but after some predictions of his coming true he thinks that destiny is predestined he wrote this after june 20 not before june 20. iam pasting deeps july 8 post below fo your refrence

Dear All,

I have always been a staunch supporter of free will and in simple terms, A man is a creator of his own destiny. However, ever since, i am into astrology and few predictions coming true, I sometime question myself, do we really have free will?

Recently, I was asked by someone about his coming periods. Libra lagna, Venus debiliated in 12th house. Period running Saturn/venus. Saturn in 11th house. I asked immediately whether he was having any health issue. He replied in the affirmative. Seeing the transits on 12th house (double transit), I told him it was quite possible he might be hospitalized and might have a surgery anytime in june and july. He became a little worried.

However, I added, keeping my belief in freewill, that he could consult some alternative therapies and cure himself. He did not say anything and kept quiet.

Today I got to know from him that his surgery has been scheduled. I asked him if tried other therapies and he said he did but did not have faith in them.

This left me again questioning myself- Is destiny really prediestined? What freewill we have?
Last edited by deeps on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
We have so many dogs barking, BUT like Gandhi JI we must keep walking towards our single aim_deeps.

deeps
Frequent Contributor

Last edited by ranbir on 16 Sep 2012, edited 2 times in total.
live life to fullest "kya pata jo aaj hai kal ho na ho"

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 16 Sep 2012

by ranbir » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:44 am
hi astroboy
hru?
just was going through your post and since u quote deeps two messages one of katie holmes which is dated june 5 where he talks about using freewill and next message dated sept 16 where he mention that destiny is supreme. let me mention the post of deeps in which he has written on july 8 where he clearly writes that he was a staunch supporter of freewill but after some predictions of his coming true he thinks that destiny is predestined he wrote this after june 5 not before june 5. iam pasting deeps july 8 post below fo your refrence
Ranbir, no Jyotishi can change his mind in 3 months. How many horoscope did he examine for him to come to that conclusion?
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

KET

Post by KET » 16 Sep 2012

AB jee

It becomes futile exercise for us to put forward point of view to such fools on astrology and its remedies. The readers will think us in some other way, when we discuss such important astrological and remedies points between such fools.
After all, we know Astrology is connected with Vedas, Western Astrologers are learning vedic astrology and its remedies.

Jyotish

The Vedas: The Sages, or Rishis, were mind-born sons (born from pure thought) of the Supreme Creator, Brahma. The purpose of the Vedas was to explain the mysteries of the universe and illuminate the pathway for spiritual awakening.
Before the written Vedas, sacred knowledge had been passed down through generations by smrti, or memorized transmission. At that time, highly evolved souls had the capacity to retain hundreds of thousands of sutras (verses of wisdom). But as the Kali Yuga (Age of Darkness) approached, mankind began to lose the capacity to hold the vastness of this wisdom. The knowledge was therefore codified into four separate volumes, facilitating its comprehension during the oncoming period of darkness. The four volumes of the Vedas are:
• Rg Veda: Collection of inspired hymns on the nature of existence and oldest book of the Vedas
• Sama Veda: Collection of melodies and songs used by the priests during soma rituals
• Yajur Veda: Sacred rituals performed by the priests
• Atharva Veda: Magical spells and healing systems, including Ayurveda
The Vedangas (Six Limbs of the Vedas): the Vedas concealed their truths in hundreds of thousands of mantras. Students seeking a deeper understanding of the Vedas were required to undertake the study of certain subjects as a prerequisite. The subjects are referred to as the Vedangas, or six limbs, and include Jyotish, the formal science embodying both astrology and astronomy.
1. Shiksha (Phonetics and Phonology): The understanding of the Vedic Varanas, Swaras and Mantras and the technique of correct pronunciation
2. Chandas (Vedic Meter): The appropriate lyrical rhythm of the Vedic mantras
3. Vyakarana (Grammar): The grammatical aspects of the Sanskrit language
4. Nirukta (Etymology): The study of the words, padas and mantras of the Vedas, particularly of obscure words
5. Jyotish (Astrology and Astronomy): The planetary influences on worldly and personal events, as well as the determination of auspicious days (muhurtas) for performing sacrifices
6. Kalpa (Vedic Action or Ritual): The ritualistic aspects of the Vedas
The Vedic Sages of Jyotish: The Vedic Sages were said to be the mind-born sons (born from pure thought) of the Supreme Creator, Brahma. One such Vedic Sage was Maharishi Parasara who recognized astrology from his father, Brahma. Sage Parasara had a student named Maitreya who engaged in a question and answer dialogue with Sage Parasara regarding his profound wisdom of astrology. This dialogue was translated and documented in the two volumes called Brihat Parasara Hora Sastra (“BPHS”).
Volume 1 of BPHS opens with the following prayer to Sri Ganesa, the Protector of the Universe:
“I prostrate before the lotus-feet of Lord Ganesa, the offspring of Uma (wife of Shiva), who is the cause of destruction of sorrow; who is served by the bhuta gunas (the five great elements of the universe); who has the face of a tusker and who consumes the essence of Kapiththa and Jambu fruits.”

As is evident by the prominent positioning within BPHS of the above prayer to Sri Ganesa, it is only with the grace of Sri Ganesa that the light of Jyotish is revealed to the ardent student.

In BPHS, Sage Parasara defines for Maitreya the moral and spiritual requirements of an aspirant:
“ Astrology, the supreme limb of the Vedas … I desire to know of its glorious aspects from you. Kindly tell them to me”.

Sage Parasara said, . Having offered my obeisance to Lord Brahma, his power Sri Saraswati Devi and the Sun God, who is the chief of the grahas and the cause of creation, I shall relate to you the science of Astrology as it was heard by me from Brahma. The teachings of this science of Astrology are to be given only to students who are good and peacefully disposed, who honour the preceptors and elders, who speak only truth and who are God-loving. It is only in this way that good will follow. The teachings of this science should not be given to an unwilling student, to an atheist or to a crafty person.”

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 16 Sep 2012

Saindhavi ji,

Thank you for your reply. I found it wonderful what you have written. You have given an example of how the remedies have worked for a person you know very well. This is what I appreciate the most. You gave an example. I am not a close minded person, Saindhavi ji, but I am also not someone who would change my belief because someone else doesn't believe what I believe in.

In this forum everyone is entitled to keep their own beliefs. You believe in remedies, and I respect that. I would never try to change your belief in that. Someone else believes in free will, and I respect that, and I would never try to change his opinion about that, but then, I don't like it if someone forces his belief on me, either

Everyone is entitled to have their own beliefs. You believe in remedies, and you know, I don't believe in it, but you so nicely wrote me a reply, explaining your point of view. That is what is required. We should respect the other's opinion and give our views at the same time. I have never asked anyone to change his opinion on anything, which is contrary to what I believe in.

But coming to your post, I completely agree with what you have said, especially some of the lines, which I would like to highlight here as it's saying the same thing, which I have been saying since the very beginning. I hope people will give your words more value as you yourself give remedies.
Saindhavi wrote:I have seen many cases like this.

I have said elsewhere that one gets correct remedies only when it's in one's destiny to get them. If it's not the time for correct remedies, one doesn't get them, or doesn't perform them, or faces obstacles in performing them.

One also gets a good astrologer when it's the destiny of a person to get a good astrologer. Otherwise, one can get a bad astrologer, wrong reading and wrong remedies - this happens frequently in malefic Mahadashas such as those of Rahu and Saturn.

To this, now I can add, based on this woman's case, that even after getting the correct remedies, one performs them only as long as one is destined to derive benefit out of them.

This woman's chart does not show a proper career. So, how could I suggest her remedies and mould her destiny to have career? Remedies can't exceed the intrinsic potential of a chart. So, she performed remedies only for a short while to derive small benefits and then stopped performing them.

It's not as if you can just use remedies like magic and change the entire reading of your chart. You can get only as much benefit as you are destined to get.

Remedies and chart readings are also dictated by destiny.
Last edited by basab14 on 16 Sep 2012, edited 1 time in total.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Saindhavi ji,

One more thing I would like to talk about: you have written about the chart that the planetary period the person is running is a good one, but because the birth chart doesn't promise the result, so she is not getting the result in spite of it. I find it very interesting. I think it is true because I have seen some charts, where the people have got many planetary periods one after the others and some things in their lives have no changed in spite of that. That had made me wonder why it was so, but now I think I understand why that is so. The birth chart itself didn't promise the result so the planetary period, even though good didn't show any effect.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Saindhavi wrote:The period is benefic in the sense that this is the Mahadasha of a natural benefic in her chart and she is no longer being harmed by others.
Saindhavi ji,

You believe that a natural benefic will give good results, even if it's a functional malefic?

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 17 Sep 2012

Yellow,

Thanks for appreciating my comment.

In her case, natural benefic is also functional benefic.

I think natural benefics usually don't cause harm even if they don't do any good, unless afflicted with malefics such as Rahu or Saturn. But of course exceptions are there.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 17 Sep 2012

You are welcome, Saindhavi ji. And thank you for answering my question. I also feel the same about it.

ranbir
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ranbir » 17 Sep 2012

[quote="KET"]AB jee

It becomes futile exercise for us to put forward point of view to such fools on astrology and its remedies. [i]The readers will think us in some other way, when we discuss such important astrological and remedies points between such fools.[/i]
After all, we know Astrology is connected with Vedas, Western Astrologers are learning vedic astrology and its remedies.

[b]Jyotish[/b]

[b][i]The Vedas:[/i][/b] The Sages, or Rishis, were mind-born sons (born from pure thought) of the Supreme Creator, Brahma. [i][u]The purpose of the Vedas was to explain the mysteries of the universe and illuminate the pathway for spiritual awakening.[/u][/i]
[i][u]Before the written Vedas, sacred knowledge had been passed down through generations by smrti, or memorized transmission. At that time, highly evolved souls had the capacity to retain hundreds of thousands of sutras (verses of wisdom)[/u][/i].[b][color=#FF4000] But as the Kali Yuga (Age of Darkness) approached, mankind began to lose the capacity to hold the vastness of this wisdom[/color][/b]. The knowledge was therefore codified into four separate volumes, facilitating its comprehension during the oncoming period of darkness. The four volumes of the Vedas are:
• Rg Veda: Collection of inspired hymns on the nature of existence and oldest book of the Vedas
• Sama Veda: Collection of melodies and songs used by the priests during soma rituals
• Yajur Veda: Sacred rituals performed by the priests
• Atharva Veda: Magical spells and healing systems, including Ayurveda
The Vedangas (Six Limbs of the Vedas): [b][u][color=#FF4000]the Vedas concealed their truths in hundreds of thousands of mantras. Students seeking a deeper understanding of the Vedas were required to undertake the study of certain subjects as a prerequisite. The subjects are referred to as the Vedangas, or six limbs, and include Jyotish, the formal science embodying both astrology and astronomy.[/color][/u][/b]
1. Shiksha (Phonetics and Phonology): The understanding of the Vedic Varanas, Swaras and Mantras and the technique of correct pronunciation
2. Chandas (Vedic Meter): The appropriate lyrical rhythm of the Vedic mantras
3. Vyakarana (Grammar): The grammatical aspects of the Sanskrit language
4. Nirukta (Etymology): The study of the words, padas and mantras of the Vedas, particularly of obscure words
5. Jyotish (Astrology and Astronomy): The planetary influences on worldly and personal events, as well as the determination of auspicious days (muhurtas) for performing sacrifices
6. Kalpa (Vedic Action or Ritual): The ritualistic aspects of the Vedas
[b]The Vedic Sages of Jyotish[/b]: The Vedic Sages were said to be the mind-born sons (born from pure thought) of the Supreme Creator, Brahma. [b]One such Vedic Sage was Maharishi Parasara[/b] who recognized astrology from his father, [b]Brahma[/b]. [b]Sage Parasara had a student named Maitreya who engaged in a question and answer dialogue with Sage Parasara regarding his profound wisdom of astrology. [/b]This dialogue was translated and documented in the two volumes called Brihat Parasara Hora Sastra (“BPHS”).

Sage Parasara said, . [b][color=#FF0080][u]Having offered my obeisance to Lord Brahma, his power Sri Saraswati Devi and the Sun God, who is the chief of the grahas and the cause of creation, I shall relate to you the science of Astrology as it was heard by me from Brahma. The teachings of this science of Astrology are to be given only to students who are good and peacefully disposed, who honour the preceptors and elders, who speak only truth and who are God-loving. It is only in this way that good will follow. The teachings of this science should not be given to an unwilling student, to an atheist or to a crafty person.”
[/u][/color][/b][/quote]

hi ket
buddy u should first try to give respect to other u should not call other fools like that becoz let me make myself very clear iam not gonna take BS from any one here so next time be careful what u write

RANBIR
live life to fullest "kya pata jo aaj hai kal ho na ho"