Hanuman Worship Query

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
sandhya1
Hanuman Worship Query

Post by sandhya1 » 17 Nov 2011

Some people say that since Lord Hanuman is a bachelor, one should not worship Him, if one wants marriage or marital happiness. Worshipping Hanuman would bring good results in all other areas except marriage. Is it true or just a myth?

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Hanuman Worship Query

Post by R V RAMANAN » 17 Nov 2011

Dear Sandhya,

It is a myth.You can worship Hanuman ji for anything and everything.Will you expect a doctor who treats heart ailments to have a first hand experience of the same.

regards
ramanan

sandhya1

Thank you Sir, i wanted to hear this from you :D I worship Lord Hanuman daily, and He's my favorite devta.. :P

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 17 Nov 2011

See sandy...as long as he is bachelor, he can help others ...if he is also married, he will be so much troubled by his wife that he will not have time to help all the ppl on this earth.

So, better for us, he remains bachelor :P :P
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

sandhya1

True Arun ji... I like Him the way He is...Jai Hanuman ki :P

Spring
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Spring » 18 Nov 2011

Sandy......me too had the same query...... :)
Thanks for the clarification Sir

Rgds
Spring

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kandhan » 18 Nov 2011

arunsg321 wrote:See sandy...as long as he is bachelor, he can help others ...if he is also married, he will be so much troubled by his wife that he will not have time to help all the ppl on this earth.

:D :D :D
Nothing is free except God's Grace.

tripura
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tripura » 18 Nov 2011

Hi! Sandhya, yes people hav all these theories, but personally for me, I have very positive effects when I pray to Hanuman.I hav no son and my 2 daughters also tie raakhi every year for Hanuman and Ganesha. My elder daughter also says Hanuman chalisa everyday . whenever she has a problem, she prays to Lord Hanuman and she swears she gets help quickly.
tripura

sandhya1

Post by sandhya1 » 18 Nov 2011

Thanks Tripura for sharing urs and ur daughters' experiences. Yes, that's true, I do Hanuman Chalisa regularly, and sometimes, do it more number of times, when i have some problems and honestly, either the problem vanishes, or i get some way out of it...
regards,
Sandhya :P

Talib
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Talib » 18 Nov 2011

arunsg321 wrote:See sandy...as long as he is bachelor, he can help others ...if he is also married, he will be so much troubled by his wife that he will not have time to help all the ppl on this earth.

:lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Dance of the Divine is "Thoughtless"

Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Narayan » 18 Nov 2011

ha...ha....ha... :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

sandhya1

Post by sandhya1 » 18 Nov 2011

:mrgreen:

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 19 Nov 2011

Praying to Lord Hanuman and reciting Sunderakhand is the best remedy for bringing couples together or for removing marital discord caused due to ill placements of planets esp. mars and saturn. So there is no such thing that for marital happiness one should not pray to Lord Hanuman.

In fact few texts have mentioned that Hanuman married Sun's daughter Suvarchala

ashcan2004
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ashcan2004 » 22 Nov 2011

Good One Arunji !!

sandhya1

Post by sandhya1 » 23 Nov 2011

Chandra Lagna,
Many many thanks for reinforcing my belief in Hanuman ji :)

Karnik

Post by Karnik » 23 Nov 2011

A very good Hanuman Sadhana for fellow members:

In the path of sadhana one needs a courage and strength in each and every step. Courage and strength here means the in the body courage, in the mind and in the soul. In the sadhana path one faces so many difficulties in every moment. That’s why it has been seen that few people starts sadhana with lots of hope and after a bit they feel tired of not having a success in the sadhana and with a loosing hope they decide to leave this divine path of the spirituality.

Actually success is a journey of not a jump but of steps. With every single step the distance between the sadhak and success is being cut, and after few step sadhak reaches to the success but sadly most of the people leave the sadhana where they are too close to achieve their dreams.

Most of the time, it is just a short of a bit more courage. In physically term, for example it has seen that often while in sadhana people gets headache, stomachache body pain and other symptoms of some physical problems, and with these small things only, people end their respective sadhanas. When we speak in mental status term there are so many negative thoughts keeps running during sadhana time and most of the time lack of concentration becomes a major problem and it has been observed people speaking that they stopped sadhana because they weren’t able to concentrate, and when it comes to the soul, there are our hidden fears and stuffed feelings which are been oozed out during the sadhana time. Actually all these troubles are mere result of lack of the strength. It is not a fault of any single individual, it is that what we had receive from our surroundings since our childhood and it reflects the same on the time of the sadhana.

Strength and courage in body mind and soul is a quality of the sadhak which needs to be developed. And there are so many sadhanas in this relation. When we speak about courage and strength we can not forget lord hanuman. The example of his strength and courage are incomparable till the date. The lord bliss their deities with strength and courage. In hanuman sadhana it is to be easily found about increase in strength and courage. But there are some sadhanas specifically to gain the same. One of such hanuman sadhana is performed this way

The sadhana could be started on Tuesday night after 10 PM. Have bath wear red cloths and sit on red aasan. Direction should be north. Place a picture of mahavir hanuman and if possible mahavir hanuman yantra. Pray lord Hanuman and sadgurudev for the success in the sadhana. Offer fruits if possible and light a lamp of oil. After that one should chant the following mantras 21 rosaries with Moonga rosary.

Mantra: Om hanumante parakramadhipataye namah
ॐ हनुमंते पराक्रमाधिपतये नमः

Continue till next Tuesday. After that place picture and/or yantra in worship place and moonga rosary should be placed in river/ pond. During the sadhana one should follow sadhana regulations like bhoomi sayan, bramhachary and one time food. The sadhak him self will see the difference within just a week especially on his mental status of the courage and strength.

ashcan2004
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ashcan2004 » 23 Nov 2011

rosaries ---Does it mala ?

sandhya1

Post by sandhya1 » 26 Nov 2011

21 rosaries daily...means, 21x108 times, we hav to chant this mantra?

sandhya1

Post by sandhya1 » 26 Nov 2011

Thanks Karnik for this important information, anyways :P

Karnik

Post by Karnik » 27 Nov 2011

sandhya1 wrote:Thanks Karnik for this important information, anyways :P
No problem, I have personal experience with this sadhana and it is truly very beneficial.

By the way 21 rosaries means 21 rounds/mala daily. 21x108 :)

Also do keep the sadhana rules in mind, "The sadhana could be started on Tuesday night after 10 PM. Have bath wear red cloths and sit on red aasan. Direction should be north."

takla
Contributor
Contributor

Post by takla » 01 Dec 2011

Disclaimer: No disrespect to anyone's sentiments here.

I am a Hindu coming from semi-orthodox family (mother more ritualistic than father) and had memorized 'Hanuman Chaalisa' at the age of 5-6 years (as people tell me). I have been listening and reciting it randomly with diminishing frequency to almost not reciting it at all.

I lose interest when listening to it and can't have the kind of submission and respect that is needed. To me it seems like recap of a historical event and repeating it seems boring and waste of time. Though after the Chaupai 'Bhoot Pisach Nikat Nahin Aawen' it is relatively better, and more of salutation to Hanuman, but still doesn't convince me much to keep repeating it.

Somehow I feel it diminishes the grandeur of Hanuman (as I would like to believe it).

Additionally, repeating Mantras - for instance Vishnu SahastraNaam, again seems futile to me. The reasoning in my mind don't let me concentrate as to why this is needed.

Comment please. BTW, personally I am not very religious (ritualistic) person, may be spiritually inclined.

Why would 'Gods' want us to keep repeating Mantras/Stutis?

regards
Last edited by takla on 06 Dec 2011, edited 1 time in total.

takla
Contributor
Contributor

Post by takla » 05 Dec 2011

Last edited by takla on 12 Nov 2012, edited 1 time in total.

sandhya1

Post by sandhya1 » 08 Dec 2011

Hi Takla
you're not very spiritual. That's ok. But i've remained agnostic most of my life , however, when tragedies happened in my life one after the other, i got interested into religion and worship of God. There are two ways to understand how the chanting of mantras or stotras help:
1) Try chanting them for about a month or a two and see the results yourself. If the results are positive, you don't need any other proof. But u need to try wholeheartedly first.
2) According to my restricted knowledge, the words in all these scriptures have certain sound vibrations that have the power to influence our mind and body. These chants were written in the form of stories, so that common people take interest in them. That's it.

Lastly, i would just say, try and see. if it works, good, if it doesn't, leave it :)
All the best!

takla
Contributor
Contributor

Post by takla » 09 Dec 2011

I won't say i am not interested in religion and knowing GOD, but as you said I too am agnostic. And I agree the fear and tragedies do draw us closer to worship.

I have been reading/hearing innumerable reasons on both side of agnosticism but as you can see am still asking. The challenge to me is the 'wholeheartedly' bit. Melody/singer's voice keeps me tuned in to it, complexity of mantra keeps me adhere to it for sometime and simplicity of it withdraws me out and then reasoning kicks in and then it is me - the agnostic self. But I am still oscillating :) .

I guess there are no easy answers than to 'just do it' and see, as you said. And I am partly onto it per suggestion of Sandhavi (in another thread).

regards