Astrology and spirituality in this forum

For discussion on remedial measures (upayas) - mantras, yagyas, puja, charity, gems, ishta devata
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Astrology and spirituality in this forum

Post by Dev » 03 Jul 2011

I am a senior member here but would certainly admit that I am a novice when it comes to astrology or spirituality. I no doubt have interacted and even given suggestions but definitely cannot claim anything special in these fields. I have learnt a lot by continued interaction here wherein there are several astro and spirituality experts. The forum should continue for the sake of astrology. Of late, there have been a drift which could lead to closing down of this forum. I am sure none would want that to happen.

While astrology was the one being discussed mainly, spirituality also started appearing in the forum which I think is good since both are interconnected. I did not try to deviate from the topics apart from these.

When someone spoke of some health issue, I suggested taking treatment at Kottaikal with a good intention. But when one could not understand the sentiments attached to one’s mother and had gone to compare that with that of an actress who dances and acts for money, I had to use strong words to make one realize that the two are entirely different. In fact even here I did it with good intention that one should become more serious and get involved in some profession. Of course, I made a mistake. I should not have done it with a person who is non receptive and suspicious about the intentions of others.

Someone came to my house and even said the God’s photo and vigraha I had was not so good looking. I was hurt but did not shout at him. Similarly one of my neighbours troubled me a lot and another was our friend. But between them there was friendship. I did not cut off my friendship with the latter just because he had contacts with the other one. Why I say this is people known to me, even acquaintances have freedom to say what they feel. I need not have to react strongly. I need to only understand that they did not say so to see that I get terribly hurt.

So people should realize that writing about their favorite actress covers neither astrology nor spirituality. So it is bound to get answers like this. I have no intention to tease someone in public since I have never done that ever. Even in the classes I handle, I call the poor students to my room and tell them that they would never pass in the present state. I give them separate tests and so on. I never embarrass them in public.

As far as we continue to write on topics like astrology and spirituality, we would not get into problems. Even there, there are different schools of thought and arguments would be there but it should not lead to fights.

As such I don’t want to carry any ill feelings on anyone and will also not curse anyone since I know no human has the capacity to curse. Even Durvasa rishi who had cursed had lost his power a bit and so was with Viswamitra and so on.
It is always that we feel and wish good about people whom we like and are comfortable with but ignore others. Everyone has bad and good periods. Frustration comes in everyone’s life but they try to manage that and get away from it. Everyone goes through bad phases including Ramanar. We have no power to control others and no way of seeing whether our curse worked or not. God alone can do that, not curse but punish the sinners. He has different way of doing it, one gets everything in the same janma, realizes his mistakes and reaches moksha, another gets it in several janmas and so on. We do not have a scientific instrument to measure who is more of a realized soul and to find out who is going to suffer more and who less in this janma?

So I only wish the forum should flourish and grow with so many experts on astrology and spirituality being available. In isolation we can meet only one at a time but here we are able to meet so many. All those with skills in astrology and spirituality would help in a big way for the knowledge in these two fields to expand further when they contribute towards it. I have not hurt anyone here but only gave my views.

Dev

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Astrology and spirituality in this forum

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 03 Jul 2011

Yes Dev Ji, me too want to see this forum flourish.

As a student of astrology, I prefer this forum among so many other forums like India Divine, Ancient astrology or Jyotish tree etc, since many participating members have contributed in one way or other to increase my jyotish knowledge. Other forums too have done it. But this forum is to my liking, as Vaughnji's guru is Shri KN Rao Ji :)

Also Vaughn ji's good nature. As I understand, he never intends to ban anyone. May be he might have asked some members to suspend writing for some time, when things go beyond control.

I sincerely wish for things to get cool down and this forum's return to normalcy.

It is said that, even if one sincere man lives in a bad city, God won't destroy it and there are many in this forum without any vested interest!

Talib
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Talib » 03 Jul 2011

Krishna Ji,

One filthy fish makes whole pond filthy and can become the reason to let other fish's die.

there is one more saying that first mistake cld b a mistake, second is bad luck, but third mistake is defiitely a habit. those who come here to attack personnel lives by making fabricated stories should be ban.

Hope u undeerstand

Love
Dance of the Divine is "Thoughtless"

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 03 Jul 2011

Yes Krishna:

I totally agree with you. You have been making good contributions without any expectations and have given very good advices to many. It is true that this forum is very good for astrology as well as spirituality. I agree with that. May be this is one of the best forums for these and hope it returns to normalcy and all interested in astrology and spirituality get back to their routine. Talib has also made nice contributions on spirituality.

Dev

Dinesh.Srivastava
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dinesh.Srivastava » 04 Jul 2011

@ DEV

Bhai , I have always believed that it doesn't matter how much bitterness their is between two person an no matter for what reason , but PARENTS - AND - FAMILY - ARE - AND - SHOULD - ALWAYS - BE - OFF LIMITS - COME - WHAT - MAY

Regards
--- Dinesh
LIVE - INTENSELY ..... ..... LOVE - IMMENSELY

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 04 Jul 2011

Dear Talib ji and Dinesh Ji,

Agreed but my request is not to restart that topic again. It is said that by remembering bad incidents, speaking about it, our mind wants to recreate it again and again hence samsara! Atleast as far as possible let us not revive it again.

Dev ji,

Sometime before you have asked some question on Shadbala, ashtakavarga and their workabilty etc. For me the best way to find a planetary strength is to check that in D27,Nakshatramsa chart.

Here strength of sun for soul and mars for physical strength and venus for beauty etc can be considered. Lagna aspected by 6th and 8th lords can be negative factor for health and exalted lagna lord or exalted sun,mars,venus can be considered for more strength.

I came across this finding from Shri KN Rao ji's team's one of book on Dcharts. And it worked out well in my case!

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 04 Jul 2011

Dinesh:

Thanks for the post but let us see from these feedbacks if the person realises his folly.

Dev

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Krishna for the information. I am glad that you remembered that and wrote to me now. I will try with my D27. I will get back to you after checking that.

Dev

Talib
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Talib » 04 Jul 2011

krishnagopal1968 wrote:Agreed but my request is not to restart it again. It is said that by remembering bad incidents, speaking about it, our mind wants to recreate it again and again hence samsara! Atleast as far as possible let us not revive it again.
Krishna G,

How many times we have to forget Krishna g, what we have to follow ramayana or mahabharta? what happened to me in this forum may means nothing to all of u but it does have made impact on my life and on my daughter which no one wld undrstand untill i i disclose events of my life and connectivity of this forum . i got very much effected by this forum. since the day i joined this forum. i dont know how much i have to go by samskaras, my not reacting and good doing is reducing my karma or is it increasing my karmas... m confused....i really dont understand. its better that i resign from this forum.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Personal attacks on any person by anyone is bad. It is extremely painful to read all that. That too if one reads these say after 5 years, how it would be ? Especially we should not play with the planets and tease astrology. I hope noone hurts others personally. Professionally it is OK saying your analysis is not right or upto the mark and so on. If we only concentrate on astrology and spirituality it will be fine.

Dev

Abhijit Muhurta !!!
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Abhijit Muhurta !!! » 04 Jul 2011

Hi Friends .... :D
I am back after cooling my heels.... :oops:
Looks like there has been a mayhem out here....I feel like the cop from a old Hindi movie who comes after the climax. 8)
But Jokes apart.....its sad to see the turn of events.
Its equally pathetic to watch claimants of spirituality and celibacy to get personal with members and their family. Totaly agree with Dinesh there ....
Anyway... my request to mods is to kindly delete such posts.
Let peace prevail. :D

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Doctors, teachers, astrologers and lawyers have something in common. They all have all secretive information about their clients or students and they are not suppose to reveal even a bit of it and need to be truthful to their profession. Innocently many of us here are giving out our information just to get a realistic help. This should not be exploited in anyway. Sadistic approach of hurting an individual will not help in spiritual growth. Already in this kaliyug everyone has problems and noone can claim that their problem is of least magnitude or greatest magnitude because each problem is totally different.
One does not get married, one has married but does not have kids, one has a kid who is dead and gone, one is married and has kids but there is no compatibility between husband and wife. How do u compare all these?

I feel the best approach for us would be when we have friends and well wishers here, we pray for their welfare or atleast think good. If we have people who are against us or in a different frequency, it is better we ignore, we neither give advice nor think bad about them or curse them since we have absolutely no power at all.
Even Puttabarthi Sai Baba had to suffer a lot due to bad health.
After all majority of us have not even met each other and so there is no real friend or enemy. After several writings of course two of us finding similarities can develop friendship and try to meet each other. Otherwise there is no need for us to be harsh.

Let us concentrate only on astrology and spirituality.

Dev

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dear Ramanan:

Very very well said and though what you said appears simple outwardly, it is difficult to follow. The writings show you to be in a higher spiritual plane for sure.

Dev

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 04 Jul 2011

Dear Dev

Glad you liked it. I do not know about High plane or low plane. These are just what i learnt in the presence of some great men and not through words. I am a little bit concerned as to whether I have put it across as much as I would have liked to.

Warm Regards
Ramanan

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dear Ramanan:

Yes you have put in a nice way. You have lot of self control and so seem to be in the path of self realisation I said. You are a soft person and helping others here in astrology and spirituality as well. That is a great work u are doing.

Dev

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 04 Jul 2011

Dear Friend

In the first post itself I pointed out that I dont understand philosophies or jargon. I just share my feelings which were triggered by first hand experience. If you have experienced anything then please do share so that all can relate and learn. But theories are of no use in transformation for it has to come from within.

Regards
Ramanan

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dear Talib Ji,

Kindly don't misunderstand my point. I understand how you are affected by these incidents deeply.

But then you have reacted rightly and made your point clear. More than that existence will take care is my view.

My suggestion meant not to touch again the wound.

But I like you stay this forum as I find you are a sincere seeker.

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Ramanan Ji,

One point of your post striked me deep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One commits mistakes when he or rather his mind is not properly trained. Hence, there is no use judging him. Never conclude.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These kind of posts should be in spirtuality topic. In the long thread of spirituality section, this type of posts were missing, which is very sad state of affairs.

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Tanya Ji,

you have stated
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How does one put what you have written to practice? How does one take control of the mind?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My view is simple. First let us see Who wants to practice and who wants to control the mind? Me ofcourse, then who is not obeying, me again!!

Just observe , this mind game, one part of mind which wants to practice and other part which does not obey. This division, this split is the problem. In other words the very division is our mind. There is no divided mind. the nature of mind itself is divisive. to do or not to do?!

Then how to control this? One way is by watching the split. There is a third entity in all of us , which is a witness, which sees all these mind games. There must be somebody who watches all these. Is it not?

This witness when arises, mind understands and becomes silent. And there is no controller either in this moment. The moment controlled and controller comes, we are again in the trap of the mind. Just we have to be aware of this. that's all is needed.

If you want a practical example, this is what comes to my mind.

When you drive a car, does the mind split and say , don't press the accelarator, apply brake? No, all senses are properly controlled by mind when we drive. Only when we are unaware sometimes due to thinking, some split happens. But then suddenly we become fully aware when we see any danger in road or some signal etc.

So when we observe the mind, first we will come to know that it will always be thinking about the past or planning for future. By being aware we can stay in the present. In this present moment there will be no mind and our very mind shows this difference!
Last edited by krishnagopal1968 on 04 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Very well said Krishna. That is what yoga tells us, live in the present.
If a pilot starts thinking of the past or dreaming about the future when at work, will the passengers be safe
Same in a bus or public transport. They are doing a sort of yoga, concentrating on what they do. They have no other option other than to devote 100% to their work.
May be only the mind is free from such risky jobs, one loses control. It happens to a different extent to all but it can be brought under control when the drive comes from within as said by Ramanan.
Dev

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes Dev Ji, this is what yoga also tells us to live in the present. But then only some practice it, as most of our questions or minds are only casual.

And it is not only that mind gets controlled by people who do risky jobs. You might have observed that whenever we become serious or determined to do a thing our mind gets controlled and does it with a perfection.

We are habituated to a life of ambition and ego which are nodoubt needed to function in the world. But Meditation, self enquiry are not needed to function in this world! That is why we all turn into these subjects only when some misery or sad incident happens.So bad periods are bad for that time but really eye-openers ofcourse in the long run.

That is why i like saturn, which is a karaka for dukka and ketu which is one step more in this :)
Last edited by krishnagopal1968 on 04 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes well said Krishna. When some bad event happens, one feels frustrated and feels everything is maya but then after few hours or days or sometimes years, he comes out of it and gets trapped into the maya again. Realisation comes when at every moment, he realises that he is living in a maya but this is easier said than done.
In kaliyug one is always trapped in the maya more often with TV channels showing negative things and at work and in the outside world u see all sorts of people which easily traps you. It is difficult definitely but can be developed slowly when there is willingness to seek reality. This is what I feel.

Dev

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dev Ji,
I think we are posting at the same time. Kindly bear with me as i first type out, read it and find if couldnot convey what i wanted then edit the message.so kindly see the edited message.

Yes u have very rightly observed that this determination comes, goes after and doesnot stay. But this is enough for starting. For me too it is the same case. That i found out because of deep habit pattern.

But I found out a way. Slowly I started giving attention more to staying inside and being in present moment. i would watch Discourses of wise ones, study scriptures and avoid as far as possible, the mind patterns.

Whenever I failed and habits or mind took me over, I slowly started just accepting it. May be this is what God wanted me to be in this moment, i would say to myself. This acceptance has given me a great peace and when i am in split moment and cannot accept the present, i would accept this non-acceptance too :)

That is for today Dev Ji. Tomorrow our friend Talib ji would join us I hope, as today Moon was in his 8th house. Tomorrow or even just now it transitted to leo his 9th and aspected by jupiter. so he would come with great guns I suppose :D

Talib
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Talib » 04 Jul 2011

:D :D

Love You Krishna g

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Krishna:

Sometime before you have asked some question on Shadbala, ashtakavarga and their workabilty etc. For me the best way to find a planetary strength is to check that in D27,Nakshatramsa chart.
Here strength of sun for soul and mars for physical strength and venus for beauty etc can be considered. Lagna aspected by 6th and 8th lords can be negative factor for health and exalted lagna lord or exalted sun,mars,venus can be considered for more strength.
I came across this finding from Shri KN Rao ji's team's one of book on Dcharts. And it worked out well in my case!

Can you please demonstrate the same with your horoscope if u want to or with some other horoscope so that I can understand how to read D27 charts well.

But I found out a way. Slowly I started giving attention more to staying inside and being in present moment. i would watch Discourses of wise ones, study scriptures and avoid as far as possible, the mind patterns.

Whenever I failed and habits or mind took me over, I slowly started just accepting it. May be this is what God wanted me to be in this moment, i would say to myself. This acceptance has given me a great peace and when i am in split moment and cannot accept the present, i would accept this non-acceptance too

Yes, you have said that easily and one needs to practise and be in the present. When we are in the present and do good karmas now and dont recollect past karmas, we are in the right direction. Also sincere inner repentnece is a must since everyone has sinned to lesser or greater extent. Rather than a sorry in front of others in public, seeing inside within and sincerely repenting and not repeating the same itself would pave way for a change where one could concentrate sincerely on the present. If Valmiki had remembered his past, he would not have written Ramayana.Dev