Astavarga bindus

For discussion on the transits (gochara), ashtakavarga system etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Astavarga bindus

Post by Dev » 10 Apr 2011

Dear all:

In the astavarga of planets, if u see guru has total of 56 points, saturn and mars have 39 points and so on. So if u divide it by 12, it comes to 4.66 for jupiter and only 3.25 for saturn or mars. Based on this, if one has a value of 3 for mars or saturn, it should be considered OK or average but if it is 3 for guru, it must be considered weak. So while taking astavarga points into consideration during transits, may be this should be taken into account and one cannot simple say, saturn is transiting a house with 3 points and so the time will be bad and so on.
Your views please?
Dev

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Astavarga bindus

Post by astro123 » 11 Apr 2011

Dev wrote:Dear all:

In the astavarga of planets, if u see guru has total of 56 points, saturn and mars have 39 points and so on. So if u divide it by 12, it comes to 4.66 for jupiter and only 3.25 for saturn or mars. Based on this, if one has a value of 3 for mars or saturn, it should be considered OK or average but if it is 3 for guru, it must be considered weak. So while taking astavarga points into consideration during transits, may be this should be taken into account and one cannot simple say, saturn is transiting a house with 3 points and so the time will be bad and so on.
Your views please?
Dev
Good question Dev... But i have read somewhere that out of total of 8 max points for a house 4 is considered average and 5-8 as good and excellent and 3 and below as challenging but yes Saturn and mars have only 39 pts overall and jupiter i think has maximum of 56 so yes average pts for saturn and mars will be less than jupiter or venus
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 11 Apr 2011

Thanks Astro123 for concurring with me. Yes, I feel that astrologers need to note this (in case they have overlooked till now) and not say a value of 3 as bad for saturn or mars during transits.

Dev

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 11 Apr 2011

Dev wrote:Thanks Astro123 for concurring with me. Yes, I feel that astrologers need to note this (in case they have overlooked till now) and not say a value of 3 as bad for saturn or mars during transits.

Dev
Thats right but from personal experiences SAV has not played much of a significant role as yet in my chart ..End of the day i feel the running dasha/bhukti and functional lorship of the influencing planets matter a lot more

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 11 Apr 2011

Yes, but may be in some cases where the SAV values are very high inspite of a planet being debilitated and a very low value of SAV when planets are exalted, in these cases may be the difference is very much felt. I also see here Ramanan, Astroboy, Astrosonu and few others talk of SAV quite often.
May be in your case, there is a balance between the strengths of the planets from different angles.
In some cases it may not be so.

I feel in many cases there is a natural balance in the strengths seen from different angles and in some it is diametrically opposite, so the effects. It is like in the west people getting married without matching horoscopes. In some cases, it is naturally balanced, in some it is not.

Dev

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 12 Apr 2011

yep ,u right here too...how has SAV worked out in ur case and u chart's pt of view ?

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 12 Apr 2011

Yes, I dont want to check it with mine because mine is too complex a horoscope and there have been as many predictions as the number of astrologers and of course one of them would have to be right. Anyway I have the copies of horoscopes of others and I find some debilitated planets having very high astavarga and shadbala values. How they behave we have to ask the person. Whether debilitation+high shadbala+high astavarga makes it good or whether the debilitation remains as such and so on. I will get back when I get some feedback.

Dev

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 12 Apr 2011

Dev

Is it ok If send u my chart details...would like to know ur opinion on the same

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 13 Apr 2011

Definitely, u dont have to ask. U have been a member since quite long and I would be happy to say what ever I know.

Dev

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 27 Apr 2011

Hi Astro123,

Your 9th lord(also 6th) mercury seems to be having very high shadbala. You must have experienced already the whole of mercury dasa and now u are running ketu dasa. So how was the mercury dasa for you. Also based on astavarga bala, except saturn and mars, others seem to have high values.
Also the astavarga points for the second house seem to be very low for u and lagna , 9th 11th, 3rd and 6th houses are strong. How about your family? Do u have a strong relation with your parents, brothers and sisters and are u married?
Just wanted to know how to correlate and so if u can share ur details that u may want to, then we can understand better.
As u say, it may be difficult to correlate all the time. My mars has somewhat low shadbala but he is lagna lord exalted and his antardasha has always been good for me.
Thanks,

Dev

Sunds
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sunds » 28 Apr 2011

Hello Dev and others,
I am not able to calculate the ashtavarga bindus of various planets using JHora....can someone guide me or tell me what are my bindus for various planets....
DOB:6/Sept./198
Time:3.40 AM
Place: Chennai
Thanks.
-Sunder.
Birth Details: 06/Sept./1968, 3.40 AM, Chennai...
I believe it because I hope for it...- Leon Blum.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 28 Apr 2011

Hi Sunder:

If you click on planetary strength, u get ashtavarga, shadbala, istaphala, kastaphala etc for the planets. It is very simple. Try clicking various icons and check, u will automatically get what u want. In case u still have problems, I will tell u the values.

Dev

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 28 Apr 2011

Dev wrote:Hi Astro123,

Your 9th lord(also 6th) mercury seems to be having very high shadbala. You must have experienced already the whole of mercury dasa and now u are running ketu dasa. So how was the mercury dasa for you. Also based on astavarga bala, except saturn and mars, others seem to have high values.
Also the astavarga points for the second house seem to be very low for u and lagna , 9th 11th, 3rd and 6th houses are strong. How about your family? Do u have a strong relation with your parents, brothers and sisters and are u married?
Just wanted to know how to correlate and so if u can share ur details that u may want to, then we can understand better.
As u say, it may be difficult to correlate all the time. My mars has somewhat low shadbala but he is lagna lord exalted and his antardasha has always been good for me.
Thanks,

Dev
Hi Dev
Actually most planets except Sun who is in MKS have strong shadbala with Saturn the strongest at 1.45..Mercury MD btwn 89-2006 was very good...had excellent education with 2 degress in Engineering one from abroad ..in fact life was normal and smooth until 2006..Saturn MD until 89 was also good with few minor health issues ///ketu is in the 2nd house with only 21 SAV and ketu dasha since 2006 has created havoc in my life esp w.r.t career...Even as i write this i am unemployed and living abroad since end 2009..Ketu-ketu and ketu-rahu were the worst periods...presently i am under ketu-jupiter with no respite in store..Jupiter is involoved in VRY but yet to see its effects :(

Ketu and Rahu are the worst malefic in my natal chart as well as my div charts ...Saturn ,mercury,Venus,Moon period have been good ...Venus is in the Asc in d-1,10th house in d-9 and 9th in d-10 and i hope its MD starting in 2013 for 20 yrs is good..
I am still single ..unemployment situation has obsviously forced me to remain single ..ketu in the 2nd is also blocking family/income

thx

Sunds
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sunds » 28 Apr 2011

Hi Dev,
I have seen all that....But I do not think I have understood properly....Please tell me the values of each planets so that I am sure I have understood it properly.....Please tell me the ashtakavargas of each planets and each bhavas....
Thanks.
-Sunder.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 28 Apr 2011

Hi Sunder:

The astavarga values of the lagna and planets from sun to saturn are 5,4,4,7,3,6,4,4 for you which means they are all ok. Ma has 7 though debilitated.
Astavarga values for lagna, 10th and 11th houses are good and for 5th and 9th houses low indicating u need to probably do dharmic activities to compensate for the purvapunya and for lucky events to happen.
Your jupiter is having very high shadbala of 9.22. Being a natural benefic and also funtional benefic for you being 9th lord, and 9th lord standing for dharma, if u start becoming religious and following dharma, he is sure to bless u. In terms of shadbala too, no planet has very low value. So you would have pulled along under extreme circumstances too since some planets are debilitated in ur chart may be without bhanga.
The above is what I feel and experts can give their views further.
Dev

Sunds
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sunds » 29 Apr 2011

Hi Dev,
Thanks for the feedback....I just wanted to be doubly sure about what I see in JHora...
However few queries....
Dev wrote:The astavarga values of the lagna and planets from sun to saturn are 5,4,4,7,3,6,4,4 for you which means they are all ok. Ma has 7 though debilitated.
I see that Mars is debilitated but with highest points....Mercury is exalted but with lowest points.....so how do I interpret it to predict Dasa/Bhuktis of Mars/Bhuktis? Is the position of planets/lordships/etc....which is important or the ashtakavarga Points????
astro123 wrote:Astavarga values for lagna, 10th and 11th houses are good and for 5th and 9th houses low
Same query here....I was under the impression my Lagna is weak having debilitated Mars placed in Lagna...Also Lagnadhipati is in the eighth house....but I get the highest ashtakavarga points for Lagna....So what is the status of my Lagna???? Do we actually see ashtakavarga while analysing horoscopes????
Dev wrote:Your jupiter is having very high shadbala of 9.22.
But Jupiter is highly combust...will it still be a benefic???
Thanks is advance.
-Sunder.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 29 Apr 2011

Hi Astro123:

I feel bad for your state. Why do u continue to stay there spending in dollars or pounds when u are without a job? Why dont u come over to India and try for a job and also get married? I am sure sukra dasa would be beneficial for you.
Why dont u do parihara for rahu ketu at Kalahasti?
I felt low points for 2nd house could mean u would have late marriage, may have relationship problems with family or may have to be separated from them quite often. This is just my view.
May be VRY may work for u soon. Rahu ketu seem to be the main influence in your case, then, according to u. Be positive. You had been nicely responding to other queries and I did not think u would have this story about u. I wish u cross these hurdles and get settled soon.
For Ketu u could worship Lord Ganesha and for Rahu Durga or chant Durga chalisa. U may probably know this already.

Dev

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 29 Apr 2011

Hi Sunder,
The astavarga values of the lagna and planets from sun to saturn are 5,4,4,7,3,6,4,4 for you which means they are all ok. I see that Mars is debilitated but with highest points.........so how do I interpret it to predict Dasa/Bhuktis of Mars/Bhuktis? Is the position of planets/lordships/etc....which is important or the ashtakavarga Points????
Ma has 7 though debilitated.Mercury is exalted but has 3.
I do feel that interpretation is done normally only wrt position of planets and their lordships. Probably in many cases, their strengths match with astavarga ones too and in some like urs they dont.
But now astavarga being 7 means a saving face, so there will definitely be some help from mars and he is not as weak as u may think. Also if he has neecha bhanga then it is already good.
Highest ashtakavarga points for Lagna means lagna is strong. Mars though debilitated has 7 and is in lagna. So it is not that weak at all. So whether u have average effects due to mars or very good sometimes and very bad sometimes =, u have to say from your experience.
Your jupiter is having very high shadbala of 9.22. So gurukripa will be there. If u have that, what else do u need to survive. Combustion may cause some weakness and some trouble but I dont personally feel it is so bad. He will still be
a benefic. Since jupiter is 9th lord, that is why I have been suggesting that u do dharmic things to improve his strength.
Dev

Sunds
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sunds » 29 Apr 2011

Thanks Dev for your time....I have already become very spiritual and Dharmic.
=Sunder.

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 29 Apr 2011

Dev wrote:Hi Astro123:

I feel bad for your state. Why do u continue to stay there spending in dollars or pounds when u are without a job? Why dont u come over to India and try for a job and also get married? I am sure sukra dasa would be beneficial for you.
Why dont u do parihara for rahu ketu at Kalahasti?
I felt low points for 2nd house could mean u would have late marriage, may have relationship problems with family or may have to be separated from them quite often. This is just my view.
May be VRY may work for u soon. Rahu ketu seem to be the main influence in your case, then, according to u. Be positive. You had been nicely responding to other queries and I did not think u would have this story about u. I wish u cross these hurdles and get settled soon.
For Ketu u could worship Lord Ganesha and for Rahu Durga or chant Durga chalisa. U may probably know this already.

Dev
Thanks for the encouragement Dev...Ketu had to give me unemployment issues irrespective of where i live...Had i faced this in india ,i would have thought of moving abroad and then struggled abroad...Astrology has been a solace in these troubles times ..the only issue is 7 yrs of this ketu dasha has arrived at a very critical age (26-33) when one tries to establish himself in his career..Anyways, i am hoping Asc Lord Saturn's AD from sept provides relief...Cant wait for this dasha to end though..how have been ketu md/ad for u ?

thx

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 30 Apr 2011

Yes, Astro123, I feel u will have a better time after transit of saturn, that is what I feel.
Anyway, astrology has made u to understand reality and accept it.
Ketu dasa was not good for me, It was then that I lost my father, about buktis, it gave me sort of total detachments but also gave me some materialistic success, booking a flat, success in getting a project at work and so on.

Dev

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 30 Apr 2011

Hi Sunder:

That is good, I am sure spirituality and dharma will guide u anyway. I think everyone needs to be spiritual and dharmic even from young age say even 18 onwards because it is this which is likely to guide a person since when in trouble, most people run away from him but when he is enjoying, they all flock around him pretending to be his best well wisher.
If u feed a cow, he is greatful to u. So are dogs. These are more dharmic than humans.
Dev

Govindaram
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Govindaram » 11 Jul 2011

hi all

How do u put Ashtavarga based on Vaakya panchang in JHORA? if anyone knows pls help me

Thank you

ferrari
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ferrari » 13 Jul 2011

Hi Dev,

With reference to your article, i have SAV in libra 18 pts, Sa in libra 0
what can i expect, lost my job before kethu dasha. unable to find one
Experts in this forum predicts, i will have tough times due to sade sati. present dasha Kethu MD/venus AD, everyone says sun on its AD will support my carrier due to its shadabala & own house in dasamasa
I am not sure where my carrier heading due to present dasha, keeping my fingers crossed for ragu pd, most of my jobs changes involve ragu

thanks
ferrari
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 13 Jul 2011

Hi ferrari,

Your 10th lord is placed in his own house and is conjunct with jupiter his friend and also 2nd and 5th lord.
Sun is also exalted in the navamsa. In addition, sun has exceptionally high shadbala. So it has to save you.

SAV of 18 points in 12th house is actually considered good. You may be stingy.
I dont know if saturn transiting libra where astavarga is 0 is bad since in my own case, also vrishchika lagna, did not find it bad at all, in fact it was very lucky for me during sade sati when sa transited a sign where his astavarga was very low.
So dont take it that way. There are other rules that apply.
Anyway wait for feedback from others.
I think this position of being without job will not continue for long due to your sun being strong.
So some parihara for moon.

Dev