Facts about sade sati

For discussion on the transits (gochara), ashtakavarga system etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
joyd
Facts about sade sati

Post by joyd » 19 Dec 2017

Every one [99% of people]thinks that the 7.6years transit of saturn in 12th-1st-2nd signs from Moon is a dreadful period.But there is fact in it at all.It is the best phase of a natives life.It actually brings out the real stamina,talent in you.In 12th saturn makes you isolated and re taught the forgotten discipline.It means,he makes you stand on your own legs and energies.because of this,you are slowly habituated to not to depend on anyone.The 2nd phase, i. e in your natal janma rasi-he makes you to concentrate on things that you are neglected [remember saturn-moon conjunction is called as "Tapasya yoga" ot "Tapase yoga"].During this phase,native concentrates his full energies on what he actually wants.In his last 2.6years phase,saturn gives you the best of you as fruit of your the previous 5 years hard work.[tapasya and isolated discipline].

Saturns effects in these 7.6 years period varies with so many other factors like friendly sign ,BAV points while in his transit,aspects by other planets,star placement etc.One more fact about this sade sati is-everyone thinking that whenever saturn enters in to the 12th sign to Moon,they are under the influence of 7.6 Years saturn cycle but this is not a correct view to see sade sati.

For example-A native born in MOOLA 4th pada[say around 11 degrees-20 mins].For such native when saturn enters on 11 degrees-20mins in scorpio,his actual cycle of sade sati begins and not on the 1st degree of of scorpio i,e- in visakha but only saturn touches that 11d-20mins in scorpio onwards.For the exit of saturn from this cycle also,you have use this same calculation only.when you take the full rasi as saturns sign entry,then your sade sati should over by capricorn but actually it ends after saturn crosses 11d-20mins in Aquarius only.
so from 11-20 of scorpio to 11-20 of sagittarius is the 1st 2.6 yrs ,from 11-20 of sagittarius to 11-20 of capricorn is 2nd unit of 2.6 yrs and finally,the 11-20 of capricorn to 11-20 of aquarius is the last 2.6 yrs.
Watch all these key points while judging the sade sati cycles carefully friends.

joyd

tylorechandra
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Facts about sade sati

Post by tylorechandra » 20 Dec 2017

My observations are as follows:

1. Sade Sati effects are most felt when Saturn moves from Moon-45 degrees to Moon+45 degrees.

2. If, in a natal chart, there is already a strong influence of Saturn on Moon, the effects of Sade Sati are minimal.

TKC

joyd

Post by joyd » 20 Dec 2017

you are talking about H.N.Katwes principle but if you follow that the moorthy nirnaya method loses its validity.so we better stick to 4degress before and after moon.your 2nd point is true in several cases.

joyd.

joyd

Post by joyd » 20 Dec 2017

I am talking about any noticeable incidents during saturn's moon sign transit.whether they are positive or negative in their nature.

joyd.

hiimnotcool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hiimnotcool » 20 Dec 2017

Interesting to read. On the next Saturn transit will be the first time I experience Sade Sati as an adult. Currently in Saturn MD as well. I'm 32, I know I went through it when I was a child but obviously not much to remember about that period.

I'm a Kumbha rashi with Mesha lagna. Saturn is exalted in natal horoscope. I'm not too scared of Sade Sati. I kind of like the qualities of Saturn that most people dread (restriction, depressive, learning patience). I've read that Sade Sati isn't so bad for Kumbha rasi people though.

Either way, what's meant to happen will happen and the only thing we can control is our perception and attitude about it.

Vivek Surya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Vivek Surya » 20 Dec 2017

Namah Shivaaya,
It seems that Saturn's transit to 12th, 1st & 2nd sign from Natal moon makes a person to pursue a Spiritual path to a maximum extent (Depends on his/her Karma), But bhaiyya I've a doubt
As Saturn's concern is only on detachment, Moon is all about mind, emotions, nourishment, When Saturn conjunct Moon in a birth chart it should suggest the thoughts of the person changes faster because Saturn is all about Sthira (fixing) since the Zodiac transition happens after nearly 5/2 years, So w. r. t. (read as With respect to) earth it's almost at rest relative to the Moon, So thoughts of that person changes instantaneously :roll: , So how is it called a Tapasya Yogam? Tapasvi is a person who can overcome his thoughts, Mind, intellect
Kindly rectify it Joyd bhaiyya if I'm wrong.

I've seen this conjunction in Swamy Vivekaananda's horoscope which is in 10th house i.e., in Kanyaa raashi, By seeing that only i got this doubt, but i don't know.

Next, 12th house is considered as loss (in general expenses), isolation, Spirituality (since it's 12th from Ascendant loss of that bhaava concerned, so it's loss of ego) Moon represents our mind, thoughts, So when Saturn transit to the 12th from the Natal Moon, it says loss of thoughts & become isolated with everything, if he's isolated with everything how will that person uses his intellect to go through the path of Going deeper into awareness of self?

Could you please rectify it Joyd bhaiyya, if I've made some mistakes.

Next, how should I analyze Saturn's transit to 2nd from the Natal Moon?

Next :lol: What is the meaning of the word Sade, Sati (I mean what does it etymologically imply)?

Thanks a lot Joyd bhaiyya :D

joyd

Re: Facts about sade sati-joyd.

Post by joyd » 21 Dec 2017

vs-jyothishya is an organised tarka shastra[logical]. The doubts What you raised in your post contains their answers too.So reread your doubts with an analytical and logical mind.While asking doubts with enthusiasm everyone loses their logic abit.This gives dilemma to us.In such situations we all raise the doubts that you posted in your reply.Still you cant catch them,then i will give my reply.

joyd.

Vivek Surya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Vivek Surya » 21 Dec 2017

Namah Shivaaya,
As Saturn represents distress, hardships, Moon represents mind, thoughts, So this conjunction may imply distress due to our thoughts, As our experience tells us that when we undergo distress we'll overthink to solve the problem, but the thinking process may or may not be right na?

I've mentioned one flaw in the last post that thoughts of the person changes instantaneously, I think it's wrong because, As Saturn is almost at rest w.r.t Earth while Moon is fast moving graha, as Moon represent thoughts Saturn represents Restriction, So our thoughts are restricted, it means our thoughts are in control, thus it's foremost condition to become a Tapasvi (Am i right Joyd bhaiyya?)

Now, as 12th house represents loss (in general expenses), Saturn is in 12th bhaava from Moon implies loss of thoughts, that gives isolation, So that makes the person to follow Spiritual path

How should I analyze last Phase of Sade Sati?

I don't know What would Sade, Sati etymologically imply

Finally, I'm extremely sorry if I've created some dilemma in others, my intention is not at all to create dilemma, Sometimes I'll be extremely confused that's why I've posted, by the way I'm learning Jyotishyam, I'm in very basic level & going in an unconventional path. This LOVA is helping me to an extent.

Thanks for LOVA & forum friends.

Thanks Joyd bhaiyya.

joyd

Post by joyd » 21 Dec 2017

you are 60% corret.so dig the remaining 40% also.knowing the answers by yourself is a greatest education.It gives permanent impression on your brain and memory.Good work by you.wish you good luck.

joyd.

Vivek Surya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Vivek Surya » 21 Dec 2017

Namah Shivaaya,
Sure bhaiyya, I'll try it.

Seeker108
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Seeker108 » 23 Dec 2017

Is there difference between the first sade sati and the second one? not including mahadasha.

joyd

Post by joyd » 23 Dec 2017

saturn in 1st round acts as a tough opponent[not for all but for most].In 2nd round as guide.In 3rd round as preacher.For very few saturn acts as a humanitarian in his 4th round.

joyd.

Seeker108
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Seeker108 » 25 Dec 2017

is there any other method we can see how Saturn's transit will affect a person? beside from the common where it transits the 12th losses, then 1st Mind/Moon/Body, 2nd Finance/Family.

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 25 Dec 2017

I am now in Sat dasa, Sat AD, first phase of Sade sati for almost a year now. No big issues, except for losing my job. Otherwise life has been smooth, although I exert myself by reading a lot many books. I am really driving myself without rest, reading as many as 10-15 big books in a month! At one time I wondered whether this too could be ascribed to the Sat influence, as Sat is in Mercury's naxatra. But the reading gives me a lot of pleasure, with Mercury conjunct my Venus, so it's again so unlike Saturn :D

joyd

Post by joyd » 25 Dec 2017

hari- good feedback and also thanks alot for your doubt that you raised in your reply[ At one time I wondered whether this too could be ascribed to the Sat influence, as Sat is in Mercury's naxatra./ No big issues, except for losing my job.].If you see that Mercury is also one of the karaks for profession[so you lost your job],education[in your case it is habit of book reading].

joyd.

iamme

Post by iamme » 12 Mar 2019

reg. sade sati

i am going through my first sade sati. as described by the experienced members, my moon is 18.5 degrees in Capricorn so the sade sati starts at 3.5 degree Sagittarius, and i experienced a very sudden difficulty/change in events at the very time saturn transited 3.5 degrees Sagittarius so i can vouch from my experience that this theory is very much effective.

now as my natal saturn is in capricorn itself with the moon in the 9th house,i have felt isolated and disciplined for sure but the effects so far have been quite benefic in nature. Saturn sure makes things slow but if i do something with my full dedication i am also getting good results in this period.

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 14 Mar 2019

joyd wrote:
25 Dec 2017
hari- good feedback and also thanks alot for your doubt that you raised in your reply[ At one time I wondered whether this too could be ascribed to the Sat influence, as Sat is in Mercury's naxatra./ No big issues, except for losing my job.].If you see that Mercury is also one of the karaks for profession[so you lost your job],education[in your case it is habit of book reading].

joyd.
Hi joyd-ji,
Thanks for your response, which I happened to see only now. I am still without job, and have sleep issues for a long time, but otherwise in good health and of course reading a lot of books!

justchill
Contributor
Contributor

Post by justchill » 16 Mar 2019

tylorechandra wrote:
> My observations are as follows:
>
> 1. Sade Sati effects are most felt when Saturn moves from Moon-45 degrees
> to Moon+45 degrees.
>
> 2. If, in a natal chart, there is already a strong influence of Saturn on
> Moon, the effects of Sade Sati are minimal.
>
> TKC

I am going through my sade sati and so far I can vouch for point number 1. Also my lagna nakshatra lord is saturn, lagna is in uttarabhadra. In 2008 I read the greatness of saturn by robert.E.svaboda. I bought it at a book fair at my work place. I was scared to buy it. But did it anyway. Then the book declares that it chose me, I did not chose the book. After reading the book at the end there was this dates and years when sade sati will be for which moon sign. When I was a little scared and said to my dad mine will be in 2014 November. With a lot of love he said he(saturn) wont do anything to me the reason being that my lagna is in Uttarabhadra and he is nuetral to jupiter. Then he tells me he has moon in the same sign in Uttarashada pada 1, sun was his 12th lord. I had no clue what that meant. The great saturn took away my sweet father in 2017 April.
At the time 2008 I knew nothing about astrology not that I know now. My tauji is astrologer and my father knows some. No matter how much I ask my father would only just let me know some things only on asking. Never encouraged to take this seriously.
But he used to borrow all the astrological magazines from my tauji and would read.
My marriage was not getting settled. One afternoon we were reading a Astrological magazine with him. Even though I knew nothing I was just interested. Then I remarked not one thing is good about my planets now why is rahu opposite ketu :mrgreen:
Then very sweetly he said they are always opposite to each other 180 degrees apart. :lol: Then I was like shukra he is benefic will he do any good he is in the 5th. He is like yeah shukra daitya guru. Guru of the rakshasas.

After I came to the US I had regular internet access and read up on the forums here and there and picked up basics. Now I have got a copy of BPHS part 1 and 2 and I am reading it. The time calculations are tough for me to understand.

Sun is debilitated and conjunct saturn in libra in navamsa. sun moon mercury in 4th house kanya lagna.

best regards,

Capricgurl1987
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Capricgurl1987 » 09 May 2019

i was looking for such thread on sade-sati.

I am pisces lagna
capricorn moon
saturn in 9th house in scorpio
Rahu madahsha started in 2003

sade sati stated for me in 2017 jan, I had no idea about transits or astrology back then, then karma hit hard i guess, and all of a sudden my life was a mess, then i started searching for answers to why all of a sudden my life is a mess, thats when i started to get into astrology, and since then i some how end up reading astrology articles, videos, forums like this , on quora etc.

i quit my job in 2016 nov, and the man i loved started dating someone else, i wasnt getting any part time jobs (i wasnt actively looking) since my goal was to get into MBA program, i could not focus on studies, i had no stable place to live, i got into depression, my health was the worst, i had so many health issues all of a sudden i could not understand why.

I would love to know sade-sati experiences of people if they dont mind sharing here.
thanks

padmanabhanravi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by padmanabhanravi » 16 May 2019

I am Makara rasi and vrichika lagna. My first safe sati gave me an excellent start to my career though it took me away from home and was traveling a lot through out the seven and half years. The second leg has begun and am not employed. The first immersed me into spirituality and the second looks like the trend is going to repeat itself. I am quite detached and don't worry too much though there is this inquisitiveness to do something. Also am not sure it is second or third as my natal Saturn is in Kumbha. So basically born in Sade sati.

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 24 May 2019

How would Sade sati be, for a person with Kemadruma yoga? Would the proximity of Saturn be an antidote to the moon's loneliness?

joyd

Post by joyd » 24 May 2019

@hari-very good question.It depends on transit saturns AV/BAV points in that sign.

joyd.

sammyho148
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sammyho148 » 04 Jun 2019

I've been undergoing 2nd phase of sade sati since Jan 2017, Saturn right now is transiting in the same sign as natal moon. My natal moon is within 1 degree of Sagittarius in my natal 10th house

My observations -

By end of 2015 I has very much come to the conclusion that I needed to make some changes on career front and that status quo would not work for too long. Essentially started with the feeling that I was capable of much more than what I was currently doing. About 1 year ago after 2-3 years of thinking and planning I went into execution mode and am now doing what I have always wanted to. Saturn during this phase has minimized my social activity and made me spend a lot of time by myself, most thinking and analysing. It has made me face up to certain realities and take necessary action.

To the average person this may have felt very difficult but I have been generally fine through this period

Things to note -
I have Saturn aspects Moon in my natal chart through 3rd aspect
I also have Saturn aspecting my Lagna since he is in the 7th sign and bhava, he is also the 11th and 12th lord since I am Meena Lagna

For these reasons the much dreaded sade sati has turned out to be one of the most productive periods of my life so far. I am also running Moon - Jupiter period right now (Jupiter is lagna and 10th lord sitting in 8th sign), hence my interest and study in astrology has taken off big time once my Jup AD began. All these years I was always interested but never made a serious attempt to engage on a consistent basis, after my career change due to the amount of time I have I am able to spend time on this forum and pursue this interest.

I think sade sati does not impact those people very much who are used to working with the Saturn energy, I have Saturn influencing my natal Moon and lagna hence I am naturally very realistic, persistent, consistent and think long term by nature.

joyd

Post by joyd » 04 Jun 2019

@sam-sade saturn is a transit event.so whether such saturn gives good or bad depends on his and jupiter's transit BAV points.so verify those 2 planets transit BAV points during your sade saturn periods..

joyd.

sammyho148
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sammyho148 » 05 Jun 2019

@joyd,

Saturn has BAV of 1 & 2 for transit in Scorpio (2014-17) and Sag (2017-2020). Points are 4 for transit in Capricorn
Jupiter has BAV of 5/6 for transit in the arc from Leo (2015) till Capricorn (2021)

Which is why it is slightly surprising that sade sati by itself has not been very difficult so far, hence my analysis was that since I am used to dealing with and harnessing Saturn energy, I might have had an easier time in compared to someone whose natal Saturn does not influence Moon/Lagna in birth chart.

I am not yet adept at reading transits well, will need to put in more effort on this front