ashtakvarga vs. vimotshari dasha

For discussion on the transits (gochara), ashtakavarga system etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
lexicon008
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
ashtakvarga vs. vimotshari dasha

Post by lexicon008 » 06 Aug 2017

Hi,

I was examining my chart, 9/26/1986 Westwood NJ at 2:32 am and realized something I can't explain.

Why is ashtakvarga for saturn in capricorn 2 points and yet during that transit back in mid-1990 to end of 1992 was most wonderful period of my life. I was going through shani-ashthami but with chandi paya, which is very good. My little sister was born and my grandparents came from India. That was the best thing that could have happened to me, given what I know now about how the future unfolded. Clearly, dasha system was more correct, even given other transits. The only sorry I can remember experiencing was going to the first day of school, which I never liked, but even that was not that bad and I don't remember anything from it, except one day I got burned.

Right now I am going through a tough time, saturn is in 5th house in scorpio with 2 points from ashtakvarga system. I was actually worried about this summer, as mars was going through cancer in my first house. After checking out ashtakvarga system I realized I had not much to worry about as that is the best transit for me. Others, such as venus and mercury were were well placed (above 4 points each). Jupiter is giving 4 points and moon constantly fluctuates, but in total it gives me 49 points, so average out to 4 points. Sun is well placed for points also. In this regard, ashtakvarga worked out very well and I made good money on the side over the summer and enjoyed doing so also.

I am not denying one system or the other, but looking for some clarity.

Avani

Re: ashtakvarga vs. vimotshari dasha

Post by Avani » 07 Aug 2017

Hi Lexicon,

Here you have missed out an important factor. Which is your current Mahadasha and antardasha ? Please note that the 5th house Saturn will have most prominent effects in Saturn MD or AD only.

Both the Lagna kundli system with dashas and the transit system (based on moon sign) are effective in my observation and so effects have to be analyzed for both. As per the dasha system (based on lagna or ascendant sign), the effects are most pronounced for the planet whose MD/AD is going on, the houses which it lords, the house it occupies and the planets it is conjunct with or aspects (or exchanges place with).