Difference beetween SAV and SamAV

For discussion on the transits (gochara), ashtakavarga system etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
NikolaD
Difference beetween SAV and SamAV

Post by NikolaD » 12 Mar 2017

According to Col. AK Gour ("The Celestial Delivery Boy - Transit") there is difference beetween SAV (Sarvashtakavarga) and SamAV (Samudaya ashtakavarga).
These are quotes:

"The Samudaya Ashtakavarga (hereafter called as SamAV) is a Transit specific derivation from the Prastharakas of the 7 planets. It is almost a look alike of the Sarvashtaka Varga, which also has a total of 337 Bindus. The total points in each sign are also generally the same, as are in the Sarvashtaka Varga (hereafter called as SAV). However, it is NOT the same as the SAV." (page 78)

"In the process of prediction the promise and the likely quantum are to be got from the Prastharakas, Bhinnashtaka and the SAVs; the Transit is the realm of Samudaya AV." (page 81)

I think that this is very interesting and very important fact. What do senior astrologers think about this? Please share your experiences.

NikolaD

Re: Difference beetween SAV and SamAV

Post by NikolaD » 13 Mar 2017

I fear that some beginner astrologers do not realize this difference, which is very important. They be considered that SAV (potentials of transit) and SamAV (timing of transit) are the same thing which can lead to incorrect interpretation of transits. Therefore, it would be desirable if some more experienced astrologers here in this thread express their opinion to clarify the differences between SAV and SamAV especially on practical examples.

NikolaD

Re: Difference beetween SAV and SamAV

Post by NikolaD » 14 Mar 2017

My opinion in previous post was according to Col. AK Gour´s book "The Celestial Delivery Boy - Transit". I think that will be benefits to test his emphasis the importance of SamAv on practical examples. Starting point could be Sadhe sati and the transit of Saturn - his BAV in SAV and his BAV in SamAv and Kakshayas and his effects during Sadhe sati. It would be very educational and informative.