The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

For discussion on the transits (gochara), ashtakavarga system etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Post Reply
User avatar
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4655
Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Location: outside India

The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by shilpa » 25 Dec 2012

Rahu joined shanidev to form a conjunction in Libra.....a couple of days back......it's a major astrological event and i think a historical one too.

--two heavy weights of astrology, the 2 natural malefics ,the two slowest moving planets in our system are together......and will be there for next almost 1.5 years.


--shani and rahu must be conjuncting somewhere every about 12 years....but in libra the exaltation house of shanidev.....very rare....perhaps once in about 150 years ( i think from some quick calculations)

--how will they act ?

well not bad i would say...like it might be in Leo or terrible like it might be if they were together in Aries.


Rahu acts like the planet it conjuncts.....and so here he will try to act like shani.
Therefore shanidev at his powerful best now has a pretender, who sitting next to him is acting just like him.....magnifying his powers....like 2 exalted shani's together.

--outcome for natives ?

--will depend on two factors:

1) whether Ra and Shani are positive or negative for that native's chart ?

2) what are the yogas involved in and the net karmic outcome promised by the house that libra is for that chart.


--With the above as the basis exalted shanidev magnified by rahu.....can bring either windfall gains or annihilation for that native.
strong and decisive justice, rewards and punishments will be delivered with those 2 basis.

--If either of natal Ra or shani are aspecting the transitory conjunction ......the affects will be further magnified.

--If the native is running Shani or Ra's dasa or antara.....affects will befurther magnified.

--the karmik judiciary of our astrogical system is alive, active highly empowered.....
what does it mean in mundane astrology?

strong focus on delivering justice / results for national character represented by the house that is Libra.

for ex. in India's chart.....this conjuction occurs in 6th house.

The sixth house rules public amity, relations with neighbors, general health of the public, political stability, financial solvency of the nation, litigations, judicial functioning, communal harmony in the country and labor relations.

strong social events / phenomenons delivering justice based on last 150 years of karma of the nation in the above areas would be seen.

PS* Often forgoten...but not insignificant.....Ketu has left Tarus, releasing it's curbing hold on JUP and freeing "the gift giver" Jup....to reward freely in matters it signifies such as wealth and progenies.......


1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

rathodp
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 216
Joined: 08 May 2010

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by rathodp » 25 Dec 2012

Thanks for the wonderful explanation.
Can you please briefly write here the results of this transit for different lagnas.

User avatar
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4655
Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Location: outside India

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by shilpa » 25 Dec 2012

the last shani-Ra conjunction was in Feb 2002 in Taurus
and the last time they came togther in Libra was in Oct 1864-65....which coincided with the bloodiest end part of the american civil war in 1865.....and also that war ended the slavery in america.

The American Civil War was one of the earliest true industrial wars. Railroads, the telegraph, steamships, and mass-produced weapons were employed extensively. The mobilization of civilian factories, mines, shipyards, banks, transportation and food supplies all foreshadowed World War I. It remains the deadliest war in American history, resulting in the deaths of an estimated 750,000 soldiers[5] and an undetermined number of civilian casualties. Historian John Huddleston estimates the death toll at ten percent of all Northern males 20–45 years old, and 30 percent of all Southern white males aged 18–40.[6]
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

mamatha
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: 25 Dec 2012

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by mamatha » 25 Dec 2012

Dear Shilpa
,

superb way of explaining the recently happened rahu-shani transit in libra,since you have so nicely explained it if possible request you to post the effects of it for individual moon sign as i am looking for a job since last 2 years and somebody told me that since i am having Rahu mahadasha and sun antardasha along with rahu transiting in 7th house from may 2011,would be relieved now of rahu "s malefic effects in 1st house and now that it is transiting in 6th house exalted along with shani in same house.

kindly post transit effects if moonsign particularly for taurus moon sign

RGds
Mamatha

Tiwari

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by Tiwari » 26 Dec 2012

Dear Shilpa,

Very interesting. Would you care looking at an individual's chart? In my chart, Saturn and Venus are in Libra in the second house, and Rahu in Taurus in the 9th. Would the transit help me?

My first job interview for a professorial position in a university is on the 4th Jan, and the other two on the 5th. I am just curious and nervous...

29th September 1984
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
06:12 am

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 2396
Joined: 19 Jun 2012

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by basab14 » 26 Dec 2012

Shilpa ji,

I really liked your post on Rahu-Saturn transit. One thing I am confused about though: you have said that Rahu will strengthen Saturn and act like Saturn, but isn’t Rahu also afflicting Saturn at the same time and weakening it?
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

User avatar
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4655
Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Location: outside India

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by shilpa » 26 Dec 2012

Tiwari wrote:Dear Shilpa,

Very interesting. Would you care looking at an individual's chart? In my chart, Saturn and Venus are in Libra in the second house, and Rahu in Taurus in the 9th. Would the transit help me?

My first job interview for a professorial position in a university is on the 4th Jan, and the other two on the 5th. I am just curious and nervous...

29th September 1984
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
06:12 am
dear tiwary,


-shani is exalted for your chart.

--2nd house, the dhansthan... libra is superstrong with an exalted shani and swakshetra venus.....and the seat of a number of wealth yogas through conjunction of 2nd, 5th and 9th lords.....all the wealth lords except 11th are involved.....and very strong.

--Ra is in sun's nakshatra......and sun is friendly placed in your chart....albeit afflicted by gulika.Therefore Ra is also largely positive.

--the transit of Ra and shani over that superstrong 2nd house shall trigger the start of wealth yogas whichshould then run lifelong......that shall be magnified when the shani antara starts in Aug2013

--and since your wealth is through employment.....therefore your employment will improve immediately.......you should be successful in your inerviews.

--When Ra transits over your lagna starting in 18months and also overGulika conjunct with lagna and surya.....in virgo is when your own health and that of your father /father like figure....might come under some stress.

Regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

User avatar
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4655
Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Location: outside India

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by shilpa » 26 Dec 2012

Dear all,

it is futile predicting generically......from lagna or moon the afects of transits.

they will vary by the chart hugely....and that is fundamentally the premise of this article.
To devise some groud rules which are consistent and can be used as a framework to examine all charts.

i will try to take some example charts here....and would encurage students of astrology like myself, to attempt to self interpret the affect of this transit on various charts.

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 489
Joined: 14 Nov 2012

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by VioletTwilight » 26 Dec 2012

I am expecting "fireworks" with Rahu-Saturn conjunction in Libra.

My fourth house Libra has 3rd house aspect of Saturn conjuction Rahu in Leo. So, Rahu's impending arrival to 4th has already pushed to change of residence.

From 4th, they are looking directly at Mars+Venus+Merc in 10th house (3,4,5 , 10,11,12 lords), Saturn's 10th dristi to lagna with Jupiter (6,9), and Rahu's 5th (or 9th if you count reverse) dristi to 8th house ketu.
Although, it seems Sun and Moon escape, Sun is dispositor of natal Saturn+Rahu, and Moon is in parivartana with Jupiter. To round up all houses, Saturn is in contact with 2,7,8, and rest of the houses/lords are directly under view of transiting Sat already.

So, whole chart is getting super-activated with Rahu's touch. I don't know if that is positive or negative though. :)

User avatar
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4655
Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Location: outside India

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by shilpa » 26 Dec 2012

Yellow wrote:Shilpa ji,

I really liked your post on Rahu-Saturn transit. One thing I am confused about though: you have said that Rahu will strengthen Saturn and act like Saturn, but isn’t Rahu also afflicting Saturn at the same time and weakening it?

dear yellow,

when in conjunction....Ra is governed by the strength and character of the planet it conjuncts.

Here he is taking the character and of Shani...and acting like a booster /magnifier to the shani affect.

However the conjunction will impart some Ra like qualities to the mix....such ambition, speed, desire.
Shani still dominates....and makes Ra act like a positive shani.
But since a small dose of Ra has been added for eg. 10%......Shani can be called "affected" by Ra.
I would refrain from using "afflicted"...because that is a negative term...and here the conjunction is positive because an exalted shani is controlling the overall character.

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

raksha

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by raksha » 26 Dec 2012

For Dhanu Rashi & lagna, The current transiting Saturn is currently exalted in 11th house which is supposed to be great !!

However now that rahu has come conjunct Saturn... ketu has come in the 5th house opposite Saturn who is placed exalted in 11th..

So will Ketu cause vedha to saturn & block good effects of saturn for Dhanu lagna/Rashi ?

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 779
Joined: 07 Jan 2010

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by anilesh47 » 27 Dec 2012

Hello Shilpaji,

As you said, Rahu absorbs the character of the planet it conjucts. But suppose Rahu placed with more than two palnets in one sign. How would rahu acts like? For example in my chart Rahu is placed with Jupiter and Mars in 12th house leo sign. Would rahu absorbs the characters of both planets (Jup n Mar)?

Thank you.
All People laugh on me because I am Different but I laugh on them because They all are Same. This is my attitude. So "Think Different, Do Different and Be Different"!

chavitarun
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 331
Joined: 25 Jan 2011

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by chavitarun » 27 Dec 2012

Respected Shilpaji

very nice explanation.

in the below chart of libra lagna with moon in lagna , will saturn & rahu will spoil moon as enemy of moon
or garahan dosha or will it give exalted benefit of shasha yoga as saturn placed in 4th house of capricorn.??

DOB : 18.04.1992 , male ,19.55 PM , Beawar( Raj.)

regards

Humannature

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by Humannature » 27 Dec 2012

shilpa wrote: PS* Often forgoten...but not insignificant.....Ketu has left Tarus, releasing it's curbing hold on JUP and freeing "the gift giver" Jup....to reward freely in matters it signifies such as wealth and progenies.......
when in conjunction....Ra is governed by the strength and character of the planet it conjuncts.

Here he is taking the character and of Shani...and acting like a booster /magnifier to the shani affect.
Just like Rahu, Ketu should also be acting like whichever planet it is with, isn't it?
So wasn't Ketu acting like Jupiter?

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 2396
Joined: 19 Jun 2012

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by basab14 » 27 Dec 2012

I think Rahu expands the significations of a planet it is with; Ketu does the reverse: it contracts the significations of the planet it is with.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

milkyway2012
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 28
Joined: 14 Nov 2012

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by milkyway2012 » 27 Dec 2012

Dear Shilpa ji,

Thank you for an enlightening article. I am Libra rashi- probably a good case study!!
Scorpio lagna with 12th house libra. How do you think this is going to be for me?

Natal chart; Sa in 8th house with ketu and rahu in 2nd house.
Jup debilitated in 3rd house, Ven debilitated in 11th house. Sun and Me in 10th house, Ma in 6th house.

Currently running Sat MD since 2005. Ven AD from 2012-2015.
Very bad 2012- professional discrediting..might have to leave job next year if this continues. Miscarriage in Dec. Would things get better in 2013? When do you see a change in job? Jup is 8th to rashi currently ..wil be 9th from June 2013- would that improve things?

Would really appreciate your insight. Thanks in advance.

User avatar
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4655
Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Location: outside India

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by shilpa » 27 Dec 2012

Yellow wrote:I think Rahu expands the significations of a planet it is with; Ketu does the reverse: it contracts the significations of the planet it is with.
Yes...that's pretty much the answer to HN's question.

Ketu also takes the property of the planet it conjuncts......but at the same time....it constricts / restricts / pulls back the siginifications of that planet.

Rahu the pretender, the ambitious achiever, the materialistic driver, the go-getter, looks forward, pushes the limit....always wanting more, higher, bigger....magnifies the planet it conjuncts.

Ketu the headless one, the blind.....only carries memories of past lives.....always seeking penance, with the ultimate goal of moksha....promotes renunciation and doesn't like affection, procreation, materialism.....truly causes affliction when it conjuncts.......even when the conjuncting planet is positive.....because it limits the natural ability of that planet to give material benefits.

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

User avatar
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4655
Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Location: outside India

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by shilpa » 27 Dec 2012

milkyway2012 wrote:Dear Shilpa ji,

Thank you for an enlightening article. I am Libra rashi- probably a good case study!!
Scorpio lagna with 12th house libra. How do you think this is going to be for me?

Natal chart; Sa in 8th house with ketu and rahu in 2nd house.
Jup debilitated in 3rd house, Ven debilitated in 11th house. Sun and Me in 10th house, Ma in 6th house.

Currently running Sat MD since 2005. Ven AD from 2012-2015.
Very bad 2012- professional discrediting..might have to leave job next year if this continues. Miscarriage in Dec. Would things get better in 2013? When do you see a change in job? Jup is 8th to rashi currently ..wil be 9th from June 2013- would that improve things?

Would really appreciate your insight. Thanks in advance.
please post your date, time
and place of birth
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

User avatar
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4655
Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Location: outside India

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by shilpa » 27 Dec 2012

chavitarun wrote:Respected Shilpaji

very nice explanation.

in the below chart of libra lagna with moon in lagna , will saturn & rahu will spoil moon as enemy of moon
or garahan dosha or will it give exalted benefit of shasha yoga as saturn placed in 4th house of capricorn.??

DOB : 18.04.1992 , male ,19.55 PM , Beawar( Raj.)

regards
--he is running shani-ve period....probably one of the best periods of his life...given that shani is swakshetra and shukra is exalted.

--so the foundations are solid and strong.

--shani is strongly positive for the chart as a yogakarak in swakshetra.

--Ra is malefic in the natal chart......sitting in opposing node ketu's nakshatra.....and also afflicted by conjunction with gulika.

--so Rahu's transit over lagna will be somewhat stressful on health and magnified shani that is highly positive f9r the chart....when transiting over moon...may still bring soke mild mental / emotional stress.

--since shani is positive....and dasa/antara good......a mixed transit this....mildly stressful....and largely good.
regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

milkyway2012
Registered User
Registered User
Posts: 28
Joined: 14 Nov 2012

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by milkyway2012 » 27 Dec 2012

Shilpa ji,

1st Sept 1973
13.57 PM. Nagda, Madhya Pradesd.
India.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 2396
Joined: 19 Jun 2012

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by basab14 » 27 Dec 2012

Shilpa ji,

Thank you for explaining the point so nicely. I have one more question: as per you Rahu has already moved to Libra or will move there on 15th January?
shilpa wrote: dear yellow,

when in conjunction....Ra is governed by the strength and character of the planet it conjuncts.

Here he is taking the character and of Shani...and acting like a booster /magnifier to the shani affect.

However the conjunction will impart some Ra like qualities to the mix....such ambition, speed, desire.
Shani still dominates....and makes Ra act like a positive shani.
But since a small dose of Ra has been added for eg. 10%......Shani can be called "affected" by Ra.
I would refrain from using "afflicted"...because that is a negative term...and here the conjunction is positive because an exalted shani is controlling the overall character.

regards
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 2396
Joined: 19 Jun 2012

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by basab14 » 27 Dec 2012

This is one of the most wonderful explanations of how Rahu and Ketu works I have read in my life so far.
shilpa wrote:Ketu also takes the property of the planet it conjuncts......but at the same time....it constricts / restricts / pulls back the siginifications of that planet.

Rahu the pretender, the ambitious achiever, the materialistic driver, the go-getter, looks forward, pushes the limit....always wanting more, higher, bigger....magnifies the planet it conjuncts.

Ketu the headless one, the blind.....only carries memories of past lives.....always seeking penance, with the ultimate goal of moksha....promotes renunciation and doesn't like affection, procreation, materialism.....truly causes affliction when it conjuncts.......even when the conjuncting planet is positive.....because it limits the natural ability of that planet to give material benefits.
Last edited by basab14 on 27 Dec 2012, edited 1 time in total.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

User avatar
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4655
Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Location: outside India

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by shilpa » 27 Dec 2012

Yellow wrote:Shilpa ji,

Thank you for explaining the point so nicely. I have one more question: as per you Rahu has already moved to Libra or will move there on 15th January?

per the Jhora defaults:
geocentric
True positions
and mean nodes

Rahu moved to Libra on 22nd Dec

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

deeps

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by deeps » 27 Dec 2012

shilpa » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:40 am

per the Jhora defaults:
geocentric
True positions
and mean nodes
As per true, it is moving on 15th January. Even astronomers follow true positions.

Only as per mean, Rahu moved on 22nd december or 23rd december.

Looks like those who are using this software have the wrong configurations. That's why this software is poor.

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 779
Joined: 07 Jan 2010

Re: The Shani-Rahu conjunction in transit

Post by anilesh47 » 27 Dec 2012

Shilpaji, you missed my post. :(
:) waiting for your reply.
Nilesh
All People laugh on me because I am Different but I laugh on them because They all are Same. This is my attitude. So "Think Different, Do Different and Be Different"!

Post Reply