Celestial Drama in Libra

For discussion on the transits (gochara), ashtakavarga system etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Celestial Drama in Libra

Post by neelkumar » 26 Sep 2012

akanksha2807 wrote:Neelkumar,

I was reading your post and I can very well understand your concern, I too am in the same boat, for my mom and my son.

Yellow ji is too good with astrology and I have high regards for him.
Thanks Akanksha for your concern and being kind enough with relating your concerns with mine - that shows a sweet, nice heart..thanks :) !
Yeah, Basab is a cool dude astrologer! :D

मैँ सुरज हुँ - अँधेरा चीड़ के हर रोज़ निकलूँगा,
मुझें क्यॉ रोंक पाओगे, ऊँजला रोंकने वालोँ।

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 26 Sep 2012

Neel,

See, it's very difficult to say whether the health issue will be serious or not by a novice in astrology like me. I feel Saturn-Rahu in 9th house in transit is not good for your father, and it can be health issues for him or some other difficulties maybe. No, I don't think Saturn with Rahu will be helpful at all. It is bad actually as 2 malefics will be afflicting that house in transit.

As you said your birth time is accurate, I checked the D-12 chart of parents, and it actually shows health issues for both your parents, in the Jupiter-Jupiter and Jupiter-Saturn period. Now, how serious, if at all that, it is going to be, it is difficult to say.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, Akansha ji and Neel for your kind words for me.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

Zara
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Zara » 26 Sep 2012

Dear Saindhavi,
Thank you very much for replying. My post was regarding your experiment and a possible conclusion thereafter.

by Saindhavi » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:16 am
"And again, I myself have been facing problems in my financial as well as personal life since early May 2011 - exactly coinciding with Rahu's transit in Scorpio.

For transits, Rashi as well as Lagna charts are seen, but this is only a small experiment, that's why I'm considering only the Lagna charts of people.

Once I get accounts from some people, I'll arrive on a conclusion regarding Rahu's transit date in Libra."

---------------------

by Saindhavi » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:00 pm

"These problems are clearly linked to early May 2011.

So, Rahu's movement in early May is again supported by this.

I can give you a date for improvement of your condition only after I get reports from some more people about their experiences since early May 2011."
---------------------

by Saindhavi » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:37 pm

"Thanks to all the above for your accounts. It helps in understanding Rahu transit and also reinforces the early May transit of Rahu last year."

If transits give their effects before they even occur (something which I read on this forum), then it would be very difficult to use this experiment to come to a conclusion. That's what I meant. I also read your post on Sandhi:

by Saindhavi » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:59 am

"But the story doesn't end here. Rahu has a special characteristic of becoming more malefic when crossing Sandhi or transition zone. This is a period of about 3 weeks, Rahu taking about 10-11 days to cross the Sandhi of one side of the "Conjunction line" between two signs.

Hence, whether in last 10 days in Oct to first 10 days in Nov, or in the 1st 3 weeks of Jan 2013, depending upon which date of nodal shift you follow, Rahu may cause problems especially for those running Rahu Mahadasha, Antardasha, or malefic Rahu in their charts.

After Rahu comes out of Libra Sandhi, it will become benefic/malefic according to in which house it lies in your chart."

If by this experiment you would get indications/hints of the date of the transit being early May, then the Sandhi period of Rahu, if I understand correctly, would have been end of April and early May. If the transit would have been early June, then the Sandhi period would have been end of May early June. So with problems starting primarily in early May one would be able to have more evidence/support for an early May transition. Problems starting primarily near mid May could have been effected by both possible dates of Rahu transit. So one wouldn't be able to come to any kind of conclusion. That's what I meant.

But anyway, thanks for adressing this. I also was confused about the exact transiting date because every website said something different. regards,

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yellow wrote:Neel,

See, it's very difficult to say whether the health issue will be serious or not by a novice in astrology like me. I feel Saturn-Rahu in 9th house in transit is not good for your father, and it can be health issues for him or some other difficulties maybe. No, I don't think Saturn with Rahu will be helpful at all. It is bad actually as 2 malefics will be afflicting that house in transit.

As you said your birth time is accurate, I checked the D-12 chart of parents, and it actually shows health issues for both your parents, in the Jupiter-Jupiter and Jupiter-Saturn period. Now, how serious, if at all that, it is going to be, it is difficult to say.
:(

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Zara wrote: I read on this forum that some transits start giving their effects a few months prior to their actual occuring date.
Zara, I ain't an astrologer either but I think you have raised a point worth considering.
Actually, I could feel strains at my work place from early jan 2011, if not late 2010. But I tended to ignore as I had a fantastic career and personal run in 2009-10 mid. Lot of topsy-turvy happened afther that time at my work place but then they boiled and became prominent around say Feb, march, April and then May 2011.
NK

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by manya » 26 Sep 2012

Neel Kumar ji,

Same is true for me, things started taking downfall in Jan itself, but even I ignored as I had a smooth and a good career before that, and then finally i quit my job in april end.
I am letting go of the thoughts that do not make me strong.

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

That's it! I am taking a break from this jyotishi-vyotishi thingy!
It's really working me up now!
I was a very confident guy till my academics and that time all these meant to visit temple and pray to God to give me good marks during my mathematics exams.
But I just got swayed in to all these- it neither suits my mindset nor my personality.
I am outta here..dunno for how long - days/weeks/months/years/if ever.
Adiós Amigos.
NK

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Neel,

I agree with you that when you start looking at your chart, it will always lead you to unnecessary stress, which is why I have stopped looking at my chart since long. It's a good decision of yours to take a break from astrology. :)

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 26 Sep 2012

Yellow,

Yes I got it. I'll respond to you later.

By the way, being a Venus-ruled person, how is it that you're so melancholic about things to come re- Rahu-Saturn conjunction in Libra etc?

Is it because Saturn aspects your ascendant?

Oh no, Don't tell me all Libra ascendant people are going to become melancholic and see things with dark glasses when Mars leaves Libra! :D :D :D

Neelkumar,

Let me tell you something which I have said before - with Rahu in 10h in your natal chart and in 9th in transit, you can't have a career in India. If you try to do that, Rahu will create problems for you, no matter where it is in transit. This is the bottom line.

The biggest strategic error you have committed is to come back to India.

So, start moving abroad by all means.

Akanksha, Neelkumar et al,

Please note that Saturn went retrograde in Virgo on 26th of Jan 2011. This created a problem, not because Rahu was a few months away from Scorpio.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Saindhavi wrote:Yellow,

Yes I got it. I'll respond to you later.

By the way, being a Venus-ruled person, how is it that you're so melancholic about things to come re- Rahu-Saturn conjunction in Libra etc?

Is it because Saturn aspects your ascendant?

Oh no, Don't tell me all Libra ascendant people are going to become melancholic and see things with dark glasses when Mars leaves Libra! :D :D :D

Saindhavi ji,

Will wait for your reply to my mail. Coming to the transits, I don't believe 2 malefics sitting in the ascendant in transit can ever do good, whatever their strengths be there. Saturn and Rahu are friends of Libra, but they are malefics first and functional benefics later on, and in transits, functional status don't hold importance, I feel.

If Saturn's aspect on my lagna can make me a melancholic, just imagine what Saturn on lagna itself can do. :D

I don't think the transit of Saturn and Rahu will be good for Libra lagna people, but the planetary period a person is running will have its say, too. If it's good, the suffering will be much less. That's what I feel.
Last edited by basab14 on 26 Sep 2012, edited 2 times in total.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Zara,

I don't believe in transits giving effect before they actually come. That way there would be no order in reading charts.

Rahu causes problems when in Sandhi or in transition zone - this is a special characteristic of Rahu.

Yes, I did follow the idea for some time that Rahu may have come into Scorpio in early May and I know I saw that date in some softwares. But I also said I had not reached a conclusion at the moment.

Later it turned out that J-Hora topocentric setting was giving that date and it seemed that some Geocentric softwares copied it first and later changed the date to early June - hence the confusion.

Now it remained to be decided whether one should follow the Geocentric date of early June or topocentric date of early May 2011.

Personally, I would really see Rahu out of Scorpio as soon as possible. So I really wanted to follow early May 2011 and hence, November 2012 as a possible date.

But then it became clear that if we followed the topocentric date of early May 2011, then we have to go with the next date of 14th Jan when topocentric setting shows Rahu moving into Libra. But this gave a discrepancy of 73 days, which didn't seem possible to me by any account - even if we followed the rule of unequal Rashi lengths.

Besides, topocentric setting seemed to accommodate unequal Rashi lengths, thus giving unequal transit dates, but kept the equal longitudinal lengths of 30 degrees for each Rashi. This is mathematically not correct, as I explained above.

So, I felt it was not possible to follow topocentric setting and hence, a date in early May 2011.

Now, Geocentric setting gave a date in early June and Numbskull showed how by using a combination of settings we can actually get uniform dates for Geocentric transits.

So, no matter how much I wanted to go for an early November transit of Rahu in Libra, I could not possibly ignore the uniform Geocentric dates and I could not follow early May 2011 and an improbable 14th Jan 2013 as shown in topocentric for the reason given above.

Now, the question remained as to what about all these reports we got from people about facing problems since early May 2011.

I calculated the Rahu Sandhi dates for 2011 and found that Rahu went into Sandhi on 18th of May 2011 (Geocentric).

On 1st of May it was just outside Sandhi and hence, it was possible that it had begun to give Sandhi effect by early May, as it prepared to go into Sandhi.

So, it seemed most logical that we should follow Geocentric setting and apply Rahu-going-into Sandhi rule to the early May evidences.

As for people saying they began to face problems since Jan 2011, that was because Saturn was retrogressing in Jan 2011, not because Rahu was few months away from Scorpio.

As I said, I don't believe in the theory of planets giving the next transit effect a few months earlier. It doesn't happen that way.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Saindhavi ji,

So when is Rahu actually transiting to Libra if we take geocentric settings?--is it Dec 2012?

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yellow,

So, you have predicted not-so-good signs for Saturn-Rahu conjunction in Libra and I have predicted a relief from Virgo Saturn for people in whose charts Libra falls in a good house.

So, it would be much appreciated if people would come and tell us whether their condition improves after Mars leaves Libra.

But be aware -

Mid-Oct to mid-Nov 2012 - Sun transit in Libra is problematic and takes the shine of exalted Saturn away to some extent.

Rahu in Sandhi - 4th of Dec to 11th of Jan. Rahu transit into Libra - 23rd Dec, but be aware of Rahu in Sandhi.

Feb - June 2013 - Saturn goes retrograde.

May onwards - Jupiter moves into Gemini and aspects Saturn-Rahu combination, thus making them benefic.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Saindhavi ji,

I will be very happy if I am wrong in my assessment of the transit of Rahu and Saturn for people with Libra sign falling in favourable houses. I sincerely hope that God proves you correct and me wrong. :)

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Well during the periods mentioned above, they might just come back and ask me how it is that exalted Saturn is not doing much - I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope it doesn't happen that way! :twisted:
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

aadi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aadi » 26 Sep 2012

saindhvi ji
my lagna - cancer (with yogakarka debiliated mars :(
mahadasha - rahu mahadahsa- mercury antardasha
rahu is in 4th house libra sign. ketu in aries 1st house
by the way i have already posted it in last post. you may have missed it.

i do feel that for some natives transits come before. as u mentioned TRANSIT in MAY 2012 IN your post but i felt it from start of april to 21st of april.
REgards

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Well, don't worry, they won't mind some problems for sometime if the major part of the transit doesn't turn out to be a problem. 8)
Saindhavi wrote:Well during the periods mentioned above, they might just come back and ask me how it is that exalted Saturn is not doing much - I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope it doesn't happen that way! :twisted:

Humannature

Post by Humannature » 26 Sep 2012

Saindhavi wrote:
So, you have predicted not-so-good signs for Saturn-Rahu conjunction in Libra and I have predicted a relief from Virgo Saturn for people in whose charts Libra falls in a good house.

Hello ji,
By 'good house' you mean Libra is 1st/4/5/7/9/10th house in the birth chart?

Just an FYI:
Certain things(bad) were predicted for the time period the nodes were in their debilitation houses n nodal return (by some professional astrologers before I joined here)
But none of that happened (not my chart)
Last edited by Humannature on 26 Sep 2012, edited 3 times in total.

takla
Contributor
Contributor

Post by takla » 26 Sep 2012

Now that this thread is inadvertently gearing toward reading, I wonder how Yellows comment regarding Sat/Ra in Libra would impact me? Thanks.
Last edited by takla on 06 Dec 2012, edited 2 times in total.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Aadi,

I don't think it was prior effect of Rahu in Scorpio. You may be running a minor malefic Dasha at the time. In any case Virgo Saturn has been bad for you and Saturn was retrograde since 26th Jan 2011 through April 2011.

Virgo Saturn has aspected your 5th house of intellect, affecting your education.

There is no question that Rahu in 6th would be bad for you when it was well out of Sandhi and especially when Rahu in your chart is benefic. In fact your Guru Chandal Yoga may cause Jupiter to give you problems sometimes.

Read Hanuman Chalisa daily for debilitated Mars in Lagna.

Takla,

Since that is Yellow's prediction, I leave it to him to tell you about it. I have already given a general reading for Libra Lagna people and to you for your chart as well.

Yellow,

All these people including me have had enough of Virgo Saturn aspecting Scorpio Rahu and they are waiting for Saturn to be exalted now, free of Mars and Rahu to join friend in friendly Libra.

And I have been the cause behind all this excitement about Rahu-Saturn being benefic in Libra. :D

They certainly will lose patience if the periods mentioned above turn out to be too bad - at least I will. :twisted:

So, I do hope exalted Saturn will be able to counter all these problematic transits and retro Saturn will only give after making people work hard - nothing worse than that.

Human Nature,

Yes and include 2nd and 11th as well. Sagittarius Lagna people will make a lot of money in this Libra transit, though may face anxieties and depression from time to time.

Remember that transit never overrides the Lagna chart.

If someone's Lagna chart is protected, transit can't effect this person too badly - and I had told you none of this will happen, his chart is protected and his Rahu is benefic actually, giving him the benefic effects of 7th house. You had got those readings wrong from others.

When Rahu is benefic in 7th, no transit can harm his 7th house. Rahu will see to it that no harm comes to 7th.
Last edited by Saindhavi on 26 Sep 2012, edited 5 times in total.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by manya » 26 Sep 2012

Saindhaviji,

The coming time period will be good or bad for my mom's health? Please tell me.
I am letting go of the thoughts that do not make me strong.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Saindhavi wrote:Yellow,

All these people including me have had enough of Virgo Saturn aspecting Scorpio Rahu and they are waiting for Saturn to be exalted now, free of Mars and Rahu to join friend in friendly Libra.

And I have been the cause behind all this excitement about Rahu-Saturn being benefic in Libra. :D

They certainly will lose patience if the periods mentioned above turn out to be too bad - at least I will. :twisted:

So, I do hope exalted Saturn will be able to counter all these problematic transits and retro Saturn will only give after making people work hard - nothing worse than that.
Saindhavi ji,

I understand your point, but are the planets even a little understanding? I don't think they care one bit about whether we lose patience or we are on the verge of a nervous breakdown, they do what they have planned to do. That's my understanding of the planets. So you may have given comfort and solace to many here by saying that the Saturn-Rahu transit on Libra will be good, but we don't know whether that's how it will turn out to be. I will be the gladdest of all if you are right. But then, I don't trust the natural malefics in astrology. When two thugs (Saturn and Rahu) join hands, we can only imagine how much damage they can do. Hope I am wrong in my assessment, that's what I am praying for everyday.

rita
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rita » 26 Sep 2012

Thank you for your response Saindhavi ji.

I'll provide more feedback on how things turn out after October and also after December.

Warm Regards

Rita
Warm Regards

Rita

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 27 Sep 2012

Dear Astrologers,
Why don’t you do an experiment..as sort of a back check.
I reason why I had given a reference in my previous post of what happened in my life in 1992-93 and said my birth details are flawless is because I wanted to request for this. This will help others too whether Rahu-Saturn in Libra (my 9th house) is suitable, (especially to my parent’s health or not). I ain’t any astrologer; hence I am seeking your help.
Just a reminder: In 1992-93 (Rahu in Libra/9th House..don't know where Saturn was): I had personal (academic and relationship) obstacles and my parents’ poor health.

Do please kindly do a back check if there’s a replay of similar planetary positions as that that time. For example, one of the differences was that I just entered Rahu Mahadasha that time.

Plus, taking off from Saindhaviji’s and my Dad’s observation that Saturn usually controls/suppresses Rahu..hence two malefics together may have exceptions in characteristics..hence debatable.
NK