Celestial Drama in Libra

For discussion on the transits (gochara), ashtakavarga system etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Celestial Drama in Libra

Post by lovacrs » 20 Sep 2012

Saindhavi ji,

Without intending to discourage you in this research, I just want to
point out that the 18 months period for the transit of nodes is an
approximate thumb rule. Transits through signs of long ascension
are longer than that in others.

CRS

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 20 Sep 2012

Saindhavi ji,

What will be the effect of Libra ascendant people in general when Sun enters Libra and joins Saturn?
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 20 Sep 2012

Apologies for being unable to resist the temptation of replying despite of I not being a libra lagna, infact I am not sure if I have any planets in my libra house at all, in my lagna chart!
But I did find drastic changes both in my professional and personal life since May 2011: first job problems which ultimately led me to resign and then strained and cold relationships in my personal life with people whom I'd like to have in my life. 10% of it - I took as a lesson..rest all impacted me bad and hurt me.
But, visibly now, things are looking up, suddenly and surprisingly..
So, on the path of being happy..I can sense that.. :)
Thanks,
NK
मैँ सुरज हुँ - अँधेरा चीड़ के हर रोज़ निकलूँगा,
मुझें क्यॉ रोंक पाओगे, ऊँजला रोंकने वालोँ।

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 20 Sep 2012

Lovacrs,

You are right in saying this. But please note -

All rashis are equally divided into 30 degrees each and there is a rule called one rashi = one house. PVR himself follows this rule, as mentioned by Jollie above.

More important than this, my calculations above show that there is a discrepancy of 45-65 days in the present software data.

A discrepancy of 45-65 days days can't be allowed for any reason.

We need to recognise that there has been a mistake in filling data and this needs to be corrected. Otherwise all future charts will go haywire.

I know this is a difficult task, but it needs to be done.

Besides, there are at least some manually calculated Panchangs which are showing a transit date in early November.

Yellow,

Please stay on the topic of this thread, because wrong data in softwares is a very serious matter.

It looks like many Panchangs also have copied these dates.

It means you can't read any charts.

Since you happen to be a Libra Lagna person, perhaps you can tell us your experiences since early May 2011. That will be helpful.

Neelkumar,

Thanks for your account. It reinforces the early May transit date for Rahu in Scorpio, especially because you are running Jupiter Mahadasha.

If Rahu's Scorpio transit has been the cause since early May, then once we fix the date for Rahu's benefic transit in Libra, you can know since when you can have an improvement in your situation. Most probably sometime in mid-November.

People having other Lagnas may also tell us about their experiences since early May 2011. Please mention your Lagna, where Rahu is in your chart and Mahadasha running.

Especially, people in whose charts Scorpio falls in 2nd, 4th, 7th, 9th, 10th may be able to tell us how their time since early May 2011 has been.

Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Saindhavi wrote:Yellow,

Please stay on the topic of this thread, because wrong data in softwares is a very serious matter.

It looks like many Panchangs also have copied these dates.

It means you can't read any charts.

Since you happen to be a Libra Lagna person, perhaps you can tell us your experiences since early May 2011. That will be helpful.
Saindhavi ji,

Sorry, I asked about Saturn-Sun transit when a serious discussion is going on here about the correct date for the transit of Rahu to its next sign. It is a serious issue indeed. I was reading the posts, and it shocked me to get to know that the softwares are giving wrong details.

Coming to me, I didn't find any change in my life after May 2011. Transits normally don't bring changes in my life, unless it is a very significant one like sade-sathi or Rahu return or ashtam shani etc.
Last edited by basab14 on 20 Sep 2012, edited 1 time in total.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yellow,

See the link in the first comment of this thread. I have discussed there exactly what you asked.

Why do transits not affect you? What do you think is the reason?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Experiences from others would be much appreciated.

People having other Lagnas may also tell us about their experiences since early May 2011. Please mention your Lagna, where Rahu is in your chart and Mahadasha running.

Especially, people in whose charts Scorpio falls in 2nd, 4th, 7th, 9th, 10th may be able to tell us how their time since early May 2011 has been.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Saindhavi wrote:Yellow,

See the link in the first comment of this thread. I have discussed there exactly what you asked.

Why do transits not affect you? What do you think is the reason?

Thank you, Saindhavi ji, I will check it now. I am not sure why the transits have not affected me. I just told you what I have observed in my case. Recent transit of Saturn into Libra gave me stress, like it had done earlier also when it transited to Libra, but then, the thing is, I find stress in my life all the time, and I am sure others do, too, and during these Saturn transits I felt it a little more, nothing other than that.

Mars has been in Libra all this time, and it has not had any effect on me so far, other than getting me stressed a little more than usual.
Last edited by basab14 on 20 Sep 2012, edited 1 time in total.

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 20 Sep 2012

I remember this response from Basab, way back on Mar 09, 2011 in the thread: http://lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3 ... 369#p64369
Basab wrote:Neil,

What I am going to say may make you upset and annoyed with me, but I think it my duty to tell you. Actually, when I saw your birth chart last time, I had missed a point, which I saw now, when you asked me about your boss. I don't know whether your boss will support you or not, but then, from May 2011 you will face some problems in career, due to transit of Rahu in your 10th house then, which will continue for an year-and-a-half. But then, as the planetary period you are running now is good, the problems won't be that much severe. You will rise in career and earn well in this period of Jupiter, but some struggle maybe will be there sometimes as Rahu is deb in your 10th house in your natal chart. Sorry, once again, I had completely forgotten that Rahu will be transiting to next sign in May 2011 and so couldn't mention it last time. Don't worry, the problems won't be that much serious, Jupiter will provide support in the difficulties.
That was the time when problems cropped up at work. Amazing how accurate he was! I remember telling my dad what he had written, that time itself. Initially my father wasn't sure if Rahu will affect me as much on transits - neither did he ignore it. Dad said transits may not affect each and everyone. Also he wanted to know if transits are calculated from lagna or rashi. Hence, I asked him the follow-up question in that thread. Well, Rahu did affect me in transits and it's calculated from lagna definitely, atleast in my chart.

Dad also recalls, I was born with Rahu in the 10th house (natal chart). That time, I had lot of health problems as a child - cold, underweight, etc as a new-born. Next it came around my 12 grade, somewhere in 1992-1993 - Not a good period at all with my studies. In 1991, in my 10th grade, I got a distinction and was in the merit list. But in the 12th, I wasn't able to concentrate as much as I would have liked in my studies - though I still got a First Class but I wasn't at all satisfied. After the Rahu period ended, I got admission in one of the top colleges in India, maybe world!
And now, this period..oh yes, Rahu transits affect me...and affect me hard and bad!!

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Neelkumar,

Thanks for that information. It again supports my point that sometime before May last year, Softwares showed the transit date of Rahu in Scorpio in May, not in June, as I have been saying.

Not only did I see it, but Basab (who has now come back as Yellow) also saw it and he read charts with that transit date of Rahu.

Moreover, there was a time when Basab aka Yellow used to believe in the transit effects. Of course, one can go through changes in life.

Well, I myself am a person in whose case, Lagna chart gives all effects - including that of transit. My Rashi chart doesn't seem to work (perhaps because of a combust Rashi Lord Saturn).

And again, I myself have been facing problems in my financial as well as personal life since early May 2011 - exactly coinciding with Rahu's transit in Scorpio.

For transits, Rashi as well as Lagna charts are seen, but this is only a small experiment, that's why I'm considering only the Lagna charts of people.

Once I get accounts from some people, I'll arrive on a conclusion regarding Rahu's transit date in Libra.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 21 Sep 2012

Saindhavi wrote:Not only did I see it, but Basab (who has now come back as Yellow) also saw it and he read charts with that transit date of Rahu.

Moreover, there was a time when Basab aka Yellow used to believe in the transit effects. Of course, one can go through changes in life.
Saindhavi ji,

I still believe in transits, but like always, I give more importance to planetary periods than transits. Now coming to transits as I said in my previous posts to you also, I give more importance to the significant transits like sade-sathi, ashtam shani, Rahu return etc, which I have seen showing effect. I also give importance to the double transit of Saturn and Jupiter. And then, in my previous post, I specifically mentioned that I have seen transits not showing much effect in my case, but I didn't say it's the same in the case of other people as well.

In the case of Neelkumar, if you have read the posts there, the link of which he has provided, I gave importance to the transit of Rahu for him because it was Rahu return for him, but even then, I said the planetary period being good, the effect won't be that bad.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 21 Sep 2012

Ok, Yellow,

Thanks for explaining - he lost his job though and hasn't got another one.

Anyway, let's get back to the main topic of this thread.

I'd like to hear from others regarding their experiences since early May 2011.

Havan Manuals -

hymns -

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Saindhavi wrote:Ok, Yellow,

I was wrong in my assessment then, Saindhavi ji as I didn't expect him to lose his job. That was definitely not what I had predicted for him. This shows maybe that transits have stronger effect than planetary period.

Yes, sure, there is no point debating on this topic of whether transits are more effective or planetary periods. We can discuss that in some other thread created for that discussion.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I'd say you under-estimated Rahu.

In my case, I am not going through a Rahu return and am running the Mahadasha of a powerful Jupiter. Still, the Scorpio Rahu has shown effect.

you can see why I am taking the Rahu transit dates so seriously.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 21 Sep 2012

Yellow wrote:
Saindhavi wrote:Ok, Yellow,

I was wrong in my assessment then, Saindhavi ji as I didn't expect him to lose his job. That was definitely not what I had predicted for him. This shows maybe that transits have stronger effect than planetary period.

Yes, sure, there is no point debating on this topic of whether transits are more effective or planetary periods. We can discuss that in some other thread created for that discussion.
Well, (Saindhaviji and) Basab,
Honestly, I don't know if you were wrong. I was not forced to quit nor was I sacked. Infact my boss was emotional when I told him about my decision. He gave me all kind of explainations and alternatives like shifting to another branch. I quit on a very childish excuse(not new for me!) but that I always do as a cover-up to hide all the irritations and frustrations. I know that if I wanted, I could have continued. Boss liked me so much that after a month I resigned, he offered me (for an interview)with another company (some client of his)..but because of my ego, I didn't appear for that.

But having said all that, Basab, it was my father who recalled what you had written, when I was discussing Saindhaviji's post with him. He said you are very good with astrology.
I usually don't back-refer my posts..too lazy for all that! But I suggest you to please carry on the wonderful astro-work with your skill-set :-)
P.S. As I said, my father believes in transits for some people not all. I think he has a point there, especially with those whose transits are seen from the lagna chart. That's to discover - who or who not.
Last edited by neelkumar on 21 Sep 2012, edited 4 times in total.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Well, you are right, Saindhavi ji, I didn't expect Rahu to do so much damage, though it is true that I had thought it would cause some problems for him, which I told him, too.

Well, about your chart, you know better, of course, as to whether the transits are to blame or the planetary period, but knowing you to be a Libra ascendant person, I would like to say this that how powerful Jupiter maybe is for you, it is a functional malefic for your ascendant, and as 6th lord, it is bound to give you problems sometime or the other.

Maybe the sub-period, in the Jupiter period, you have been running then may have been the reason for the trouble, which you are blaming on Rahu, but then, as I said, you know better as you have studied your chart thoroughly. I have written a couple of posts on one of the threads, where you have talked about Libra ascendant, and how Jupiter period will be for the natives, whose charts you have given.

Of course, many people believe in transits. Even Deeps do. We have had many discussions on this issue of transits working or not, and he has always told me that he has seen how transits have shown a very strong effect in his chart.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yellow,

What makes you conclude I am a Libra Ascendant? I don't think I have mentioned my ascendant anywhere. :)

Anxious11 also said my Jupiter is a functional malefic and going by the rule of the book, perhaps it would be regarded as such.

But if you knew my life, you would realise how much damage Rahu Mahadasha did to me and how Jupiter turned around the sinking ship and brought it to shore.

Of course, it also helped that most of my planets are strong, but despite it, the ship was sinking in Rahu Mahadasha.

And not only that, I made some serious strategic blunders during Rahu Mahadasha, whose effects I am facing till today. My Jupiter Mahadasha has brought me opportunities, but because of these strategic blunders, I am not able to derive full effect of these opportunities. A malefic Rahu makes you commit strategic blunders.

No, I was running the Antardasha of a benefic planet in my chart last year. In fact, it took me by surprise that in this Antardasha I faced so many problems.

Besides, the problems started immediately when Rahu moved into Scorpio. There is a clear link with that date.

In fact, all the troubles of my life have some or other link with Rahu - in transit or Dasha phases. No other planet in my chart gives me bad effect. Very often, I don't see my chart and wonder why a problem suddenly erupted. Later, I see my chart and find a minor phase of Rahu working. Rahu gives me effect even in Sukshmantar and transits. In my case, it needs only a few minutes to do a serious damage.

The nature of problems also shows Rahu's clear imprint.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Neel,
neelkumar wrote:Well, (Saindhaviji and) Basab,
Honestly, I don't know if you were wrong. I was not forced to quit nor was I sacked. Infact my boss was emotional when I told him about my decision. He gave me all kind of explainations and alternatives like shifting to another branch. I quit on a very childish excuse(not new for me!) but that I always do as a cover-up to hide all the irritations and frustrations. I know that if I wanted, I could have continued. Boss liked me so much that after a month I resigned, he offered me (for an interview)with another company (some client of his)..but because of my ego, I didn't appear for that.
I don't know what to say to this. If you feel I was to some extent correct in my prediction, then it's really nice of you, I will say. Honestly speaking, I thought that it would bring some disturbance for you, and somehow you will manage it and won't need to leave the job, but then, you left it on your own, you are saying, but then again, as I believe everything is predestined, I will blame the planets only for your leaving the job, and not your free will.
neelkumar wrote:But having said all that, Basab, it was my father who recalled what you had written, when I was discussing Saindhaviji's post with him. He said you are very good with astrology.
I usually don't back-refer my posts..too lazy for all that! But I suggest you to please carry on the wonderful astro-work with your skill-set :-)
Please convey my thanks to your father for his kind words for me. And I appreciate it very much, that he remembered my prediction to you, even after 1.5 years. That's quite wonderful, I must say. Coming to your suggestion to me to carry on with astrology, well, I don't know really whether I will, but thanks for your encouraging words. I have left it actually, that is, don't take any serious interest in it, like earlier. Just do it casually now.
Last edited by basab14 on 21 Sep 2012, edited 2 times in total.

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by manya » 21 Sep 2012

Saindhavi ji,

Even i lost my job last year in may starting, may be the time when rahu moved to scorpio.
And same for me, i made serious blunders during rahu periods. And in fact Mars always gave me something extraordinary, but rahu periods always made me lose it. Mostly because of the choices i made out of the circumstances.....rahu snatched away everything from me.
I am letting go of the thoughts that do not make me strong.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Neelkumar,

As I said earlier and also above, a malefic Rahu makes people commit serious strategic blunders and Rahu operates by turning people's mind in the wrong direction. Your Rahu has done precisely this.

It may have given you money in its Mahadasha, but it is making you take wrong decisions during its transit through your 10th house. This is the reason for your problems since May last year.

So, we need to get more reports from other people regarding their life since early May 2011, to understand this Rahu transit better and also to decide upon the Libra Rahu transit date.
Last edited by Saindhavi on 21 Sep 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Akanksha,

Thanks for giving this report.

Please state your Lagn, where your Rahu is and Mahadasha running.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Saindhavi ji,

I do not know how much I would be able to contribute in the post as i am not versed in astrology.

But I would like to share my experience here.

I am leo lagna and rahu in 4th in nakshtra of saturn, sat in 12th house, combust ith sun and mer also there.
mars in 9th with jup. running ketu-rahu from dec last year.
ketu-mars (july to dec 2011)

Till April 2011, i was in a good job, running good salary and good position. May 2011 I suddenly left my job,without any reason and without any big problem. And gradually my life turned upside down.

So far after may last year my life had been very difficult in terms of my mother's health, my health, financially, job front...and of course family front.

Later in Spetember 2011 my son was diagnosed with some health issues and period from september to april this year was really really difficult.

Again April to August, it was bad for my health....and the rest of the problems i stated above were as it is.

But now i feel that things have started settling down, i am not sure though or there is still more to come????

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Akanksha,

Thanks for your post.

So, you were running Ketu-Mars when Rahu-Ketu axis overlapped with the Rahu-Ketu axis in your chart.

And your Rahu-Ketu are also malefic in 4-10 axis. Hence, even in Mars antardasha you faced problems related to 4-10 i.e., domestic as well as job fronts.

These problems are clearly linked to early May 2011.

So, Rahu's movement in early May is again supported by this.

I can give you a date for improvement of your condition only after I get reports from some more people about their experiences since early May 2011.

Your problem is a little more complicated than that of others, because Libra happens to be your 3rd house.

But check this thread from time to time. When I reach a conclusion, I'll tell you. I hope to arrive at a conclusion soon.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Saindhavi ji,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I was running Ketu-Mars when Rahu-Ketu axis overlapped. Though Mars tried to protect me on job front by giving another job which again I could not do much because of other problems.
Your problem is a little more complicated than that of others, because Libra happens to be your 3rd house.
Please explain me this little bit...

And please tell me the dates when all this will end....

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Saindhavi ji,

I think you mentioned somewhere that you have Libra ascendant, or maybe I guessed it applying my common sense as someone normally don't give so much importance to a specific ascendant, in your case, Libra, unless it is his/her own.

I didn't say that the Jupiter period wouldn't be better than the Rahu period, what I meant was, Jupiter period wouldn't do that much good, even if it is very powerfully placed in the chart. One of my uncles has Libra ascendant and Jupiter exalted in the 10th house, though with Rahu, and it was a very ordinary period for him, where he worked tremendously hard and got very little salary in return. And it was throughout the Jupiter period if I am not mistaken.

About your Rahu period I can't comment as I don't know what the condition of it is in your chart. Coming to the transit of Rahu, if you are saying that it was responsible for your problems, then maybe it is so.
Last edited by basab14 on 21 Sep 2012, edited 2 times in total.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Akanksha,

I'll explain when I arrive at a conclusion - no point in explaining at the moment. Most probably, your problems will reduce from mid-November and you will come out of it after May next year.

But I need more reports from people before I can say anything more certainly.

If I have read your chart before and suggested remedies, continue with them. It seems to me that I have seen your chart.

Yellow,

Your uncle has Guru Chandal Yoga. Jupiter gets tainted with Rahu's negative energy in Guru Chandal Yoga.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -