Ashtama Shani & Your Nakshatra Pada

For discussion on the transits (gochara), ashtakavarga system etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
rvenkats
Contributor
Contributor
Ashtama Shani & Your Nakshatra Pada

Post by rvenkats » 02 Jan 2012

Dear Learned Members,

As I started Ashtama Shani obviously my interest in more piqued to know it better. I am a Makara Lagna and Poorvabhadra Pada (meena) rasi native which is the first Nk pada in Meenam. The last time I went through Ashtama Shani at the age of 7, the biggest impact at that time in my life was that during the beginning of that time I had severe stomach related illness that would force me to miss school but in about a 7-8 month time my illness was reduced and no more school missing. I didn't see any pressures of any kind with the exception of my class teacher who liked me and expected a lot from me. At that time, Gu was also in the eight for me in Libra and went to Sc and then my health improved.

Now overall, Sa is a benefic lord for me and even though he is in 8th my expectation is that he will impact my health, trouble me mentally in the areas of recognition and pressure from higher ups but not damaging in that I will have to learn humility and grunt work. I suspect that it will more mental pressure than physical impact. He is also reasonably strong (127% of shadbala strength), 4 Ashtakavarga points and I am currently running Me/Sa dasha.

We also know the entire duration of any transit is not going to be alike in that the results are going to be different as Sa transits slowly (3 months) per nakshatra pada. The exact ashtama nk pada is Chitra 3 pada for me. I would like us to share any interesting thoughts on whether the full effect (malefic or otherwise) will be felt when Sa transits the exact pada corresponding to your janma Nk Pada? In short, if the Nk Pada is earlier will they experience the full force earlier and then abate as you go or if the pada is later say the 7, 8 or 9th of the Rasi will the effects be minimal earlier and then hit hard later?

I mean we can look at this for Ju transit too. Any thoughts is greatly appreciated?

Regards,
Venkat

rvenkats
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Ashtama Shani & Your Nakshatra Pada

Post by rvenkats » 09 Jan 2012

Any thoughts anyone?

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 09 Jan 2012

rvenkats wrote:Any thoughts anyone?
Hi Venkat

Although ashtam shani is not considered a good transit,Saturn being Asc lord is a benefic for you and he is also transiting exalted 10th house from lagna ,so one may expect developments (-ve or +ve depending on state of natal saturn in d-1,d-9,d-10) on professional front. Equally important and in fact a bigger factor is the running MD and AD..If they are benefic results shud be good despite tough transits
Last edited by astro123 on 09 Jan 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

rvenkats
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rvenkats » 09 Jan 2012

Dear astro123,

my dob is may 7, 1975 00:27 at srirangam. I am running Me/Sa which is supposed to be beneficial to me. The whole of the AD will be with Sa in Li and hence I am interested in knowing how that will turn out.

And taking it one more level, I am interested in seeing how each Nk pada that Sa goes through can impact.

Regards,
Venkat

rakeshramesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rakeshramesh » 14 Jan 2012

Respected boy ,
Then does that mean that a person with meena rasi and tula lagna will be benefited from this transist ???(saturn being yogakaraka placed in lagna and exalted )???

rvenkats
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rvenkats » 25 Jan 2012

Dear astro123 and learned members,

Any thoughts?

rvenkats

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 25 Jan 2012

rvenkats wrote:Dear astro123 and learned members,

Any thoughts?

rvenkats
Difficult to say since i am not an astrologer..Both Mercury being 9th lord and Saturn are benefic planets for Cap Asc but u running dasa sandhi (the last antardasha of a Mahadasha ) Energies of the next MD lord Ketu may also be intermingling with the present period..If ketu is malefic and ill placed,then tough to expect good things even in merc/Sat
Last edited by astro123 on 25 Jan 2012, edited 1 time in total.
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

rvenkats
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rvenkats » 25 Jan 2012

Dear astro123,

Ke is with Me in Rasi in the 5th house while in Navamsa he is in the 10th from Lagnamsa in Pi.

Regards

Anil59

Post by Anil59 » 29 Dec 2012

Dear Swamykool
Could you please shed some light on a situation of what would be the effects if Dhaiya of Sat starts during sub period of Sat itself? I am Kumbha lagna and Gemini rasi. I was undergoing Ket –Sat – Ven dasha when Dhaiya of Sat started on 10/09/2009. In my Chart ketu is poisted in 2nd house conjoined with Venus (1 degree only) and Sat is posited in the 11 house. It has taken a serious toll on my career. Look forward to hear from you.
Regards