What has more weight the mahadasa/antardasa or the transits

For discussion on the transits (gochara), ashtakavarga system etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: What has more weight the mahadasa/antardasa or the trans

Post by neelkumar » 29 Jun 2014

Very interesting topic.

Personally, I'd give more weight ge to AntarDasha, followed by Transits and then closely followed by Mahadasha.
I would take my chart as an example:
1) Born in Sun MD and Ven AD - I was quite bright looking, and had a good childhood.
2) This followed my Moon MD, even though my Moon is very weak, but the antardashas and transits were useful for my fairly good academics
3) Mars MD followed - another planets which seems to be unfavorable in my chart but I finished Mars MD with a Distinction in my 10th grade because of favorable Mercury/Venus ADs.
4) Then Rahu MD followed; during the period, I completed my MBA, went abroad for my very first job due to benefic ADs and transits.
The interesting part was the Rahu MD- Ketu AD period was a terrible time. Again goes on to show that AD has more bearing as compared to MD.
5) Right now, it's Jup MD: Since 2011, I quit my job because of unfavorable Saturn transit and am still unemployed in malefic Saturn AD.

Thanks, for reading this piece.
Regards,
Neel

मैँ सुरज हुँ - अँधेरा चीड़ के हर रोज़ निकलूँगा,
मुझें क्यॉ रोंक पाओगे, ऊँजला रोंकने वालोँ।

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: What has more weight the mahadasa/antardasa or the trans

Post by Dev » 29 Jun 2014

It varies depending on the situation as I have already described before

Tinker
Contributor
Contributor

Re: What has more weight the mahadasa/antardasa or the transits

Post by Tinker » 26 Dec 2017

What happens when the MD lord and AD lord have opposing agendas w.r.to lordship?
For instance, if MD lord is the 12th lord and AD lord is the 11th lord, what could happen during the period of AD lord? Would the outcome depend on the shadbala of the planets involved?

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: What has more weight the mahadasa/antardasa or the transits

Post by Dev » 26 Dec 2017

There would be losses due to 12th and gain due to 11th and 12th could also mean stay abroad instead of losses. Also net effect is dependent on 12th and 11th lords, gochara plays its role as well.