Saturn's return

For discussion on the transits (gochara), ashtakavarga system etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Saturn's return

Post by astro123 » 19 Aug 2011

rvenkam wrote:Hi astro123,

am running Saturn Maha dasha and Jupiter Antardasha that will end by 2013. I dint face much issues during sade sati . But last 2 years from Dec 2008 till now lots of issues in family and personal life where i feel too aloof now.

What saturn return has in store for me ?

regards
rvenkam
Depends on the placement/strength/aspects/conjunction/lordships of saturn

Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

digvijaysingh

Post by digvijaysingh » 20 Aug 2011

hello all ,

what will be the effect of sat transit in libra , for gemini ascendant , also in chart sat is in libra ... please help

Shivalove9
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shivalove9 » 23 Aug 2011

Out of curiosity...especially since New York has actually FELT it's first earthquake. How will Saturns return effect us globally? The US? Is it just natural disasters or will we be facing another depression? I keep having dreams since 2007 that point to these things. My dreams usually come true. Sometimes as accurately as the dream itself or some expression of it.

Any thoughts from members?

Virendra
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Virendra » 26 Aug 2011

Hmm .. I'm going to have Saturn return soon (Nov 15 onwards).
I'm Capricorn lagna, Moon in Taurus at 5th.
My natal Saturn is retro exalted in Libra at 10th house but debilitated in Navamsha 2nd house (neechbhanga applies in D9?).
Presently running Mercury AD (for another year or so) and he is combusted in Aquarius 2nd house lorded by Saturn again.

So, lagna lord Saturn transiting over natal Saturn in 10th from lagna, 6th from natal Moon. I'm expecting action at service/career front. Routine change and a lot of work load sometimes.
Looking from Moon, the transit (6th) is good but this being a return at the same time confuses me.
How do I associate the 2nd house Mercury AD affinity with this transit return?
With 6th and 2nd house in play, there may be action at loans/debts too. But I don't know if it'll be more debts or getting rid of the existing ones :P
With 6th and 10th in play, should I anticipate a change in job and relocation? Because I'm trying for the same actually. Not sure if it'll end well, someone advised me against frequent job changes (did last one 13 months back).
I always feel insecure about my career and it feeds my urge to panic and switch jobs :( Personal front is peace and bliss, I don't bother much there.

Regards
Thanks & Regards,
Virendra S Rathore

astroamt
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by astroamt » 01 Oct 2011

Dear All,

I read in one of the previous posts, that Saturn for Kanya lagna is favorable, as he is the lord of 5th house, but the results also depends on the natal placement of Saturn and the MD/AD too.

For my chart, I have Kanya lagna, with Saturn(R) in Libra in 2nd house. So during the transit in Nov-2011, the transiting Saturn will be transiting over my exalted natal Saturn. Running Ketu/Rahu dasha as of now.

Since I have both Sun and Moon in Pisces, I will have the Ashtam Shani. Also, my birth chart has Ashtam Shani forever. :D

Since the general rule is that Ashtam Shani is quite a tough period, can someone tell me, how the natal chart placement of Shani in libra will affect the situation then. My guess is it should not be all that bad.
Kindly guide me.

Thank you.

DOB: 3/15/1983
20:20 , Mumbai, IND.

shikham

Post by shikham » 02 Oct 2011

How will be the coming Saturn Transits for me or for tula lagna in general? He is in 1st house in Tula lagna.

KRN

Post by KRN » 14 Oct 2011

Dear All,

As you might know, chanting Hanuman chalisa regularly will mitigate most of the ill-effects of Saturn. Chant it 11 times. With practice it will take maximum 45 minutes only.

I have gone through Saturn's return Transit which also coincided with my Ashtama shani, and I have Saturn in 8th house and a Sagi lagna (hence Saturn not a YK too). Let me tell you, after a while You will even start enjoying the worries, difficulties, health troubles, humiliation what not. Yes in a way it's possible to enjoy unhappiness :D

cheers
KRN

god_fearing
Contributor
Contributor

Post by god_fearing » 07 Nov 2011

Hi Astro123,
I agree Saturn transit is a tricky time esp when u r under Shani MD...
I have Aq lagna and Rashi ... Currently under 13th year of Shani MD ... Antardasha of Mars will start from 15-Nov ...
On 15-Nov Shani-Maharaj enters Libra and he will also be in Mars' nakshatra Chitra ...

Shani MD so far has been both trying n rewarding . .. BUT it has denied marriage/love so far ... kept me on a very very tight-leash ...

Request your thoughts on remaining 5-6 yrs of SHani MD and impending Mars bhukti ..

Here are my natal details: DoB: 14-Dec-1980; Time: 11.20AM; Place: Nagpur, MH [79E06;21N09].

best regards
svm

chitra16

Post by chitra16 » 14 Nov 2011

Yes, Chanting Hanuman Chalisa should help. I did that during my sadesati, relief comes, worries go and new doors open...

god_fearing
Contributor
Contributor

Post by god_fearing » 15 Nov 2011

god_fearing wrote:Hi Astro123,
I agree Saturn transit is a tricky time esp when u r under Shani MD...
I have Aq lagna and Rashi ... Currently under 13th year of Shani MD ... Antardasha of Mars will start from 15-Nov ...
On 15-Nov Shani-Maharaj enters Libra and he will also be in Mars' nakshatra Chitra ...

Shani MD so far has been both trying n rewarding . .. BUT it has denied marriage/love so far ... kept me on a very very tight-leash ...

Request your thoughts on remaining 5-6 yrs of SHani MD and impending Mars bhukti ..

Here are my natal details: DoB: 14-Dec-1980; Time: 11.20AM; Place: Nagpur, MH [79E06;21N09].

best regards
svm
Learned members/Astro123,
Any comments on how Mangal AD will be in Shani MD for me?
I have Aq lagna & Rashi and Shani in 8th Bhava. Mangal in 11th Bhava.

Im still trying to find a job and a wife !!!!!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
svm
To everything, there is a time and a season.

Mystic1702

Post by Mystic1702 » 16 May 2012

Hello All,

I have been trying to study astrology for a while now..and been avidly absorbing knowledge by following this forum. At the moment, I need some insights and direction from the experts. My birth Details are 17 Feb 1984; 06:15 AM; Dahanu - Maharashtra.

I have been hearing for a long while that my chart is very strong. definately seems so at first glance, having LL Sat Exalted in 10H + Parivartan betwen LL and 10L Sat and Ven + 5L conjuncts 9L in Asc making Trine very strong.

But I am curious about the effects of LL sat thought exalted in D1, it is Deb in D9. and the MD of Sun 8L started in Jan 2009 which triggered of downfall and loss on almost all aspects of life. quit my job unwillingly due to family pressure to relocate back home and get married. But its been two years now and no alliance has gone through. two came near but were declined. I was personally attached to a person but that didnt work out and the second person I liked is not looking for commitment right now.

Havnt been able to get a suitable job since then. Did establish a consultancy firm with friends but in Jan 2012 we decided to take a break and stablilize ourselves individually before getting into partnership. Have applied and received admission for PhD in a foreign university where i did my masters, but no funding has come through..have been called for technical test and interview by IIT - kharagpur for phd on 28 may 2012...again funding is an issue. Is there any possibility of funding coming through before august (for foreign uni) or june (for iit).

If not PhD, what are the chances of me getting a job here in pune or by relocating? And even marriage chances dont look very concrete.

Being 28+, I am also bang amidst my Saturn Return. Also I have currently Sun MD and Sat AD running.

Please do give your comments and readings..would be a GREAT help in giving me a direction to think ahead.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 27 Jun 2012

I didn't experience any upheavals during my Saturn return years. It was a period when I didn't make any achievements, nor went through any major decline in work.

This was also the period of my Rahu Mahadasha. Financially I was sound but I had other kinds of emotional, intellectual and personal problems, but that was because of Rahu and I had faced these before and continue to face them even now from time to time.

I don't think Saturn had much role to play in all this.

I have said before that my Saturn is partially combust and is also the lord of my Capricorn Rashi (Moon sign). It is also aspected by a powerful Jupiter.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

ambisan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ambisan » 09 Jul 2012

Hi Learned all.
I am experiencing a saturn return. i am libra lagna and rashi with saturn in libra.
My saturn return is good at times troubling disgusting. Saturn return blessed me with progeny , my wife conceived at that time. Saturn my 5 th lord thanks to him. In job i am still treated a underdog, now even thinking of changing it. Travel increased many folds. But always i travel comfortably again thanks to my 4 th lord. I started speculating, I became more realistic, but in the deep heart i am longing to go back to my native place. I am a software engineer i developed tremendous interest in natural farming reading passionately on it. I have still 2.5 years more in the saturn returni would say 8 months out of retro to virgo took away sometime, what to say saturn return really rocking its tough but its worth

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 12 Jul 2012

astro123 wrote: Hi swamykool

What ur general opinion abt Saturn transit to Libra for Cap Asc with pisces Moon (ashtama shani) but exalted in transit in the 10th from lagna...I will be undergoing the above transit for november so wondering what may lie in store ..I will also be under Saturn AD at the same time durung its exalted transit

thx
Hi Astro123,

Could you share with us what effect did Saturn's return have on you so far? I mean in the period from November to February (direct transit) and then until May (retro).

Many thanks,

jegdis5
Donor
Donor

Post by jegdis5 » 13 Jul 2012

Hi All/Learned members,

I have a query as most of them said saturn return is not going to be good with full of stress and turmoils...I believe I can be a good example as I am running Saturn MahaDasha and having natal saturn in libra exhalted and retro. Please note he is my Badhakesh too
As Anxious mentioned I have faced Saturn return between November and february and here is what happened to me! and it was a very good period for me I should say..

1. An year back pain suffering came to an end in November :)..I did shani shanthi for this in my In-laws Shanidev temple.
2.Got the possession of my new home on 12th November and started living there.I did not even think of buying a home here in UK.I was walking alongside the new bulits and all of a sudden i enetered the sales office for timepass..Timepass lead to buying home and all the process happened in just 3 weeks.I delayed the possession of home as I had to go back to india.I was Amazed of how things change...
3. Met with an accident with very small burnt in lefthand and my old car is of no use which lead to a brand new car which i booked in feb.

So It was a very good time indeed for me and I have a full saturn effect as I am running Saturn MD!

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 13 Jul 2012

Exalted Saturn return in 7th should be good for you.

11th lord in 7th should bring financial gains through professional partnerships.

There is also exchange between 11th and 7th lords, further strengthening finances through partnerships.

Saturn is retrograde at 10.49 degrees i.e., it is receding from Libra, going towards Virgo your 6th house. Hence, it may give exaltation results in minimised amount.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

jegdis5
Donor
Donor

Post by jegdis5 » 13 Jul 2012

Saidhavi,

Isn't Saturn exhalation + retro stronger than just Saturn exhalation?...I am just co-relating this with your "it may give exaltation results in minimised amount."

If saturn exhalation+ retro is stronger then it should give maximum effect than just exhalation but with delay?

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 13 Jul 2012

Jegdis5,

There are several views about retrograde planets.

According to some, retrograde planets become weaker. According to some, they become stronger and according to some, they become stronger if moving closer to zenith-point i.e., 15 degrees and weaker if moving away from 15 degrees.

In this case, a retrograde Saturn at 10.49 degrees is moving away from zenith point and hence, it should be weaker.

According to another view it should become stronger.

Perhaps you can come back and report a few months after Saturn becomes exalted and Mars moves out of Libra, whether it gives you exalted effect in lesser or greater degree. This will help us to understand this more.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

Tiwari

Post by Tiwari » 15 Jul 2012

:
Last edited by Tiwari on 16 Jul 2012, edited 1 time in total.

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 15 Jul 2012

anxious2711 wrote:
astro123 wrote: Hi swamykool

What ur general opinion abt Saturn transit to Libra for Cap Asc with pisces Moon (ashtama shani) but exalted in transit in the 10th from lagna...I will be undergoing the above transit for november so wondering what may lie in store ..I will also be under Saturn AD at the same time durung its exalted transit

thx
Hi Astro123,

Could you share with us what effect did Saturn's return have on you so far? I mean in the period from November to February (direct transit) and then until May (retro).

Many thanks,
Hi anxious

Saturn return overall has not been good as simultaneously i have been running malefic MD and AD's ..

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 15 Jul 2012

astro123 wrote:
Hi anxious

Saturn return overall has not been good as simultaneously i have been running malefic MD and AD's ..
Hi Astro123,

Sorry to hear that, I am also a Cap asc and with Moon in Pisces, and I am about to start my Saturn AD (Venus MD) which coincides with my saturn return starting August. I really don't know what to expect, am dreading it now...

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 16 Jul 2012

anxious2711 wrote:
astro123 wrote:
Hi anxious

Hi Astro123,

Sorry to hear that, I am also a Cap asc and with Moon in Pisces, and I am about to start my Saturn AD (Venus MD) which coincides with my saturn return starting August. I really don't know what to expect, am dreading it now...
Generally speaking Both Saturn and Venus are first rate benefics for a Cap Asc..if they are natally strong in D-1 and D-9 and un-afflicted their periods and sub periods shud be positive

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 16 Jul 2012

astro123 wrote: Generally speaking Both Saturn and Venus are first rate benefics for a Cap Asc..if they are natally strong in D-1 and D-9 and un-afflicted their periods and sub periods shud be positive
You are in your Saturn/Saturn period right? Saturn being your LL should be a benefic for you, but despite that you have experienced a difficult period...

And my Venus is conjunct Sun, Mercury, Jupiter and Gulika in 11th, Saturn-Venus have a 2/12 relationship. And in D9 Saturn is in Scorpio with Mars, Mercury, and Gulika... and again, Saturn-Venus have a 2/12 relationship...

DOB: 27/11/1982
TOB: 10:50 am (GMT +3)
POB: Antananarivo, Madagascar

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 16 Aug 2012

Anxious,

I had forgotten your chart, so seeing your details above cast it again.

You are running Venus-Saturn in Moon Vinshottari, but your chart also qualifies for Lagna Mahadasha system.

Taking Lagna + Lagna Nakshatra, I saw you're running Rahu-Mercury.

Your Mercury is partially combust and Rahu aspcted by Mars, but still, I think Gemini Rahu in 5th is one of the best positions of Rahu one can have.

You can see whether various phases of Lagna + Lagna Nakshatra (or Lagna + Krittika default) setting match with the events of your life.

Perhaps for a chart like yours, Moon Vinshottari should be seen in conjunction with Lagna Mahadasha.

your Lagna at 0 degree is another problem to take care of.

In all events, Saturn should give you good results from October onwards.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -