Saturn's return

For discussion on the transits (gochara), ashtakavarga system etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
riya55
Saturn's return

Post by riya55 » 24 Jun 2011

Hi
I 've read a lot of articles in western astrology describing Saturn's return (when Saturn transits over the natal position of saturn in the horoscope) as very depressive, troublesome and bringing drastic changes...
Is the same view held in our vedic astrology as well?
Would anyone here, kindly describe their experiences of Saturn's return...People having Saturn in Kanya rashi r going thru it..Would anyone here share his/her experiences?
Thanks... :)

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Saturn's return

Post by astro123 » 25 Jun 2011

hello riya

Yep, ur right -Saturn return is considered to be a tough transit in general in vedic astrology also but one has to consider the running dasha/bhuktis in consideration (we have 8 planets other than saturn for a reason)...Transits cannot be taken in isolation ..if one is running a favorable/strong dasha and bhukti ,Saturn transit may not have much of a negative effect...I am myslef under saturn return until nov 2011 and it has been a miserable period but that is bcoz of a malefic dasha/bhukti periods
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

spidey
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by spidey » 25 Jun 2011

deleted
Last edited by spidey on 03 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.
I am a student of this subject , and hence I might be wrong in my calculations. Kindly seek other opinions too , before coming to a conclusion.

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@spidey

What is the lordship of MD lord Moon and Saturn in ur chart

thx

spidey
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by spidey » 25 Jun 2011

@astro123 - Moon is 9th lord in 10th and Saturn is 3rd/4th Lord in 11th Virgo with Mars ...simha rashi and vrischik lagna...
I am a student of this subject , and hence I might be wrong in my calculations. Kindly seek other opinions too , before coming to a conclusion.

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

spidey wrote:@astro123 - Moon is 9th lord in 10th and Saturn is 3rd/4th Lord in 11th Virgo with Mars ...simha rashi and vrischik lagna...
Moon as 9th lord in 10th in a friendly sign in leo makes it an excellent placement and a first rate benefic being 9th lord..Assuming moon is unafflicted and avoiding malefic aspects ,transit wise u are running last phase of sade sati plus saturn return...Things cud ease once saturn moves to libra where he will be exalted ..Moon i think wud continue to be a major influence as MD lord so rest of Moon dahs shud be hopefully good ...Lagna lord Mars MD next shud also be good (again assuming it is well placed and strong)

riya55

Post by riya55 » 25 Jun 2011

Ah ok! So, more or less similar views....
There's a query by a friend of mine. He's in Ludhiana and for some reasons, extremely worried about his saturn return. He asked me to put this query along with mine. He posted me this question on chat.
My saturn return is just going to start this november... I am not running sadesati though... The dasha i am into is Jupiter-Venus (till Sep 2012 and then Jupiter-Sun... My lagna is Pisces....
Can anyone tell me what kind of saturn return would I experience?

And with him, here comes mine:
my lagna is saggi, saturn retro in 11th house... MD lord- Ketu??
Last edited by riya55 on 13 Oct 2011, edited 2 times in total.

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

riya55 wrote:Ah ok! So, more or less similar views....
My saturn return is just going to start this november... I am not running sadesati though... The dasha i am into is Jupiter-Venus (till Sep 2012 and then Jupiter-Sun... My lagna is Pisces....
Can anyone tell me what kind of saturn return would I experience?
Jupiter will try to protect u as he is ur lagna lord plus 10th lord...Jupiter is presently transiting 2nd house from lagna and aspecting 10th house and own sign thereby strengthening it..Assuming natal position and placement of jupiter is strong overall jupiter period will be good

thx
Last edited by astro123 on 26 Jun 2011, edited 1 time in total.

riya55

Post by riya55 » 26 Jun 2011

del
Last edited by riya55 on 13 Oct 2011, edited 2 times in total.

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 14 Jul 2011

tv1980 wrote:Saturn return has been certainly trying for me. I'm going thru the last phase of sade sati (simha rasi) and kanya is my lagna with mars in it. I hope come nov 2011 things will improve.
For Virgo Asc, Saturn will be 5th lord in exaltation in transit so shud be a good transit but it all depends on the condition and placement of Saturn in natal chart..Mars as 8th lord in lagna is not good

mannu21
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mannu21 » 15 Jul 2011

IMO before considering transit, we should see the running Dasha. If the running Dasha is favourable, even the bad transit wont do much damage and if running dasha is not favourable then even good transit cant be of any respite.

regards
May Sai Bless All !

spidey
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by spidey » 15 Jul 2011

IMO before considering transit, we should see the running Dasha. If the running Dasha is favourable, even the bad transit wont do much damage and if running dasha is not favourable then even good transit cant be of any respite.
While I agree to you what are saying , I feel certain transits like Saturn return have more or less an overriding power. More often than not , they manifest themselves and cloud the effects of the dasha/antardasha. This is my humble opinion . I might be wrong .

digitsoftime

Post by digitsoftime » 15 Jul 2011

Hi Astro123, Spidey and others,

How will be saturn return for Capricorn and Aquarius lagnas as it will be the lagna lord. Further for people born in 83 and 84, Saturn would be exalted in the 9th house. Would the return still be unpleasant?

you also said for Pisces lagnas, Ju would save the transit phase, but saturn as 8th lord transits the 8th house exalted. Wouldn't it strengthen the 8th house?

regards,
Sunny
Last edited by digitsoftime on 16 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.

mannu21
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mannu21 » 16 Jul 2011

spidey wrote:
While I agree to you what are saying , I feel certain transits like Saturn return have more or less an overriding power. More often than not , they manifest themselves and cloud the effects of the dasha/antardasha. This is my humble opinion . I might be wrong .
Hi Spidey,

I agree with power of saturn return.

As you must have noticed that a lot of astrologers have started predicting effects of the coming exalted position of Saturn. I feel if saturn is not having a good placement in natal chart the transit of saturn in exaltation wont be of much help unless it is seen for some specific reason.

Saturn return is a very interesting condition. My father is having debilated Saturn and before Saturn MD he never experience evident effects of saturn return, but in Saturn MD (along with saturn return) the effects were quite evident.

I was born under saturn return and have experienced 2 saturn returns till date. My NK is pushya and Asc is Aquarius, though during the period I made some mistakes and learned from them but over all I feel because of the my NK and Asc I received blessings of Shani Maharaj; and being cancerian I try to help people as much as I can and this is one of major Do's as per Shani Maharaj. So, may be this the reason of blessings of Saturn.

Kindly correct me if I am wrong
May Sai Bless All !

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 16 Jul 2011

digitsoftime wrote:Hi Astro123, Spidey and others,

How will be saturn return for Sagittarius and Aquarius lagnas as it will be the lagna lord. Further for people born in 83 and 84, Saturn would be exalted in the 9th house. Would the return still be unpleasant?

you also said for Pisces lagnas, Ju would save the transit phase, but saturn as 8th lord transits the 8th house exalted. Wouldn't it strengthen the 8th house?

regards,
Sunny
Hi Digits

Saturn is Asc lord only for Aquarius and Capricorn lagna..For Sagi as stated above by u he is L2/L3 and a func malefic...Jupiter is the lagna lord for Sagi...If the running dasha and bhukti are strong Saturn return may not be that difficult a phase...Also one needs to see the natal placement of saturn in the chart

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

mannu21 wrote:IMO before considering transit, we should see the running Dasha. If the running Dasha is favourable, even the bad transit wont do much damage and if running dasha is not favourable then even good transit cant be of any respite.

regards
I tend to agree with mannu here..If saturn is the only factor why do we have 8 other planets in the chart. !!!

kabir
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kabir » 16 Jul 2011

Respected Astro123ji,

How will be the saturn return for the aquarius lagna.

I had aquarius lagna birth chart, hence saturn being the lagna lord.

Also saturn is exalted in the 9th house in my birth chart and returning to the exalted position, so what you think what kind of result should i expect is the drastic change would be for good or for bad in my life.

Date of Birth: 29th april 1984
Time: 02:29 Am (indian standard time)
Place: Amreli, Gujarat, India.

Thanks

Kind regards
kabir chintan

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

kabir wrote:Respected Astro123ji,

How will be the saturn return for the aquarius lagna.

I had aquarius lagna birth chart, hence saturn being the lagna lord.

Also saturn is exalted in the 9th house in my birth chart and returning to the exalted position, so what you think what kind of result should i expect is the drastic change would be for good or for bad in my life.

Date of Birth: 29th april 1984
Time: 02:29 Am (indian standard time)
Place: Amreli, Gujarat, India.

Thanks

Kind regards
kabir chintan
What is ur dasha/bhukti ?

kabir
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kabir » 16 Jul 2011

Dear Astro123ji,

I am under venus mahadasha and mars antardasha, at present.
and will be under rahu antardasha next year.

Thanks

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

kabir wrote:Dear Astro123ji,

I am under venus mahadasha and mars antardasha, at present.
and will be under rahu antardasha next year.

Thanks
Thanks kabir..I am astro123 not astro123(ji)

Venus and Mars will have maximum influence in ur life and not Saturn unless ur under sade sati..Venus for Aquarius is YK and Mars is 10th lord...Assuming both are well placed this is a fav period...Most of 20 yrs of Venus shud be good

digitsoftime

Post by digitsoftime » 16 Jul 2011

Hi Astro123, thanks for the correction. Actually I meant Cap and Aq. i have edited the post.

Also one needs to see the natal placement of saturn in the chart

As I wrote before, the natal placement for Cap and Aq for 83 and 84 borns would be the exalted one. Even otherwise it would be the LL.

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 17 Jul 2011

digitsoftime wrote:Hi Astro123, thanks for the correction. Actually I meant Cap and Aq. i have edited the post.

Also one needs to see the natal placement of saturn in the chart

As I wrote before, the natal placement for Cap and Aq for 83 and 84 borns would be the exalted one. Even otherwise it would be the LL.
Hi digits

As i wrote earlier Saturn return needs to be co-related with the ongoing dasha/bhukti lords..if they are strong and benefic in the chart Saturn return may not be that tough at all

thx

h_punith

Post by h_punith » 17 Jul 2011

Hi some says that Saturn transit won't be affected if the Venus Maha Dasha is running..

and i have a question how will the Saturn transit effect in the Saturn maha dasha?
will it be more bad? or does it depends on the benefic or malefic nature of Saturn depending on the ascedent and give results?

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 17 Jul 2011

h_punith wrote:
and i have a question how will the Saturn transit effect in the Saturn maha dasha?
will it be more bad? or does it depends on the benefic or malefic nature of Saturn depending on the ascedent and give results?
Yep, it all depends on the condition of Saturn in the chart/Div charts