Astrological indicators for a good sex life vs. Celibacy

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Astrological indicators for a good sex life vs. Celibacy

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 19 Apr 2011

Hi All

I have already spoken why the 11th lord placed in 1st can lead to obsessive tendencies (see above post but to recap basically 1st is the 3rd to the 11th which is already maximum in its Uppachaya and Kama effects). And 3rd to any Bhava represents something one step further.

But I can also understand why BPHS says that 11th lord placed in 1st give purity in thought and virtuosity and 1st lord placed in 11th gives good conduct.

For the 1st dictum for the 11th lord placed in 1st, this is because 11th again is the maximum in its Uppachaya and Kama. Placing it in the 1st means 3rd to the 11th, beginning a cycle of re-birth (1st Bhava represents birth) and the person comes to this world with no evil and no desires. Thus the person is pure in thought and virtuous.

Now for the 2nd dictum for the 1st lord placed in 11th, this is like placing your future Karma back into the Bhava containing the maximum strong bad karma. The person instead of turning to vice becomes good in his conduct because the 1st Bhava starts only with our past karma but that has yet to be experienced for his birth. The baby generally is good in his conduct. Once he satisfies his wants, he is all smiles.

There are many mirrors to cast different reflections on each idea found in this ancient science of Vedic Astrology.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 19 Apr 2011

shilpa wrote:
Trade-Offs is the key word in astrology.....when you get something strong.....generally it's at the cost of something else.

Cancer ascendant for example where me rules the 12th and Saturn the 7th.

If the Lord of the 12th house is strong....then it makes the 12th house siginifcations strong...i.e bed pleasures and sexual life.
at the same time if Me is strong...( whihc is making the 12th house strong)......then it takes away a some of the sex related significations.
so there is a tradeoff when the 12th house is made stronger because of a strong Me.

However you must always look at the chart in totality.....whihc are the planets placed in 12th or aspecting the 12th....for example is there an very strong Mars or Venus aspecting the 12th ??
Dear Shilpa ji,

So would a weak or afflicted 12th lord be a bad indicator for a good sex life? For instance if it's afflicted by Rahu?

Regards,

xlr8ed
Contributor
Contributor

Post by xlr8ed » 19 Apr 2011

Khoo Hock Leong wrote:Hi All

I have already spoken why the 11th lord placed in 1st can lead to obsessive tendencies (see above post but to recap basically 1st is the 3rd to the 11th which is already maximum in its Uppachaya and Kama effects). And 3rd to any Bhava represents something one step further.

But I can also understand why BPHS says that 11th lord placed in 1st give purity in thought and virtuosity and 1st lord placed in 11th gives good conduct.

For the 1st dictum for the 11th lord placed in 1st, this is because 11th again is the maximum in its Uppachaya and Kama. Placing it in the 1st means 3rd to the 11th, beginning a cycle of re-birth (1st Bhava represents birth) and the person comes to this world with no evil and no desires. Thus the person is pure in thought and virtuous.

Now for the 2nd dictum for the 1st lord placed in 11th, this is like placing your future Karma back into the Bhava containing the maximum strong bad karma. The person instead of turning to vice becomes good in his conduct because the 1st Bhava starts only with our past karma but that has yet to be experienced for his birth. The baby generally is good in his conduct. Once he satisfies his wants, he is all smiles.

There are many mirrors to cast different reflections on each idea found in this ancient science of Vedic Astrology.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

Dear Khoo

That s me as well... 11th lord Mercury is in 1st ..People(normal astrologers) always see I am a maniac but , Gurus like you see the other side as well.. it really helps ..

Best regards always !!

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 19 Apr 2011

anxious2711 wrote:.
shilpa wrote: Dear Shilpa ji,

So would a weak or afflicted 12th lord be a bad indicator for a good sex life? For instance if it's afflicted by Rahu?

Regards,
If the lord of 12th is weak, the 12th house signification will be hard to come, and bead-pleasures is one of them.
However bad significations such as losses and troubles in a foreignand will also occur less.

That said placement with Rahu does not automatically afflict or weaken a planet.
You should look at how comfortable ( friendly) the planet. And Rahu are in that house, and how friendly or innimical Rahu is to that and sometimes even the relation with their Nakshtra lords.
Ra can if well placed magnify the affect of a planet and the amount of free will available.
Regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 20 Apr 2011

Dear Shilpa ji,

Thank you for your explanation, in that particular case, Virgo lagna, with Rahu winning planetary war over Surya in the 8th house. So, can't see a lot of positive influence on Surya.

Thank you,

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 20 Apr 2011

anxious2711 wrote:Dear Shilpa ji,

Thank you for your explanation, in that particular case, Virgo lagna, with Rahu winning planetary war over Surya in the 8th house. So, can't see a lot of positive influence on Surya.

Thank you,
Hello my friend,
You asked a general question about 12th lord with Ra, and I said it's not generally bad.
It does not help if you release info in bits and pieces.
Now you tell me 12th Lord is in the 8th for virgo Lagna.
8th house must be Aries which is the exaltation house for sun, where sun is superstrong.
And 12th lord in the 8th is vipreet raj yoga.

I keep telling all not to look at a planet or house or a portion of the horoscope in isolation, and jump to knee-jerk conclusions. But to look at the entire horoscope in totality.

Regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 21 Apr 2011

Hi Shilpa ji,

Sorry for giving information in bits and pieces, I just thought it would be more enriching for others to know how overall an afflicted 12th lord affects sex life.
For the particular native, I sent you PM with her details some time ago. Sun in her case is away from it's exaltation point and there is less than a degree's difference between Rahu and Sun, hence VRY does not hold true in her case (well that's what I have been told).

Regards,

aman2209
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aman2209 » 21 Apr 2011

dear shilpa ji ,

well my rahu is placed alone in 12th house & my Venus is in lagna , can you please comment on the sexual life & pleasures of bed destined in my life as per my horoscope ?
I think my case can be a standard to say How RAHU alone in its own house reacts for a Venus Lagna ? I would be thankful to have your comments onthis ?

my DOB is 25.11.1977 time 05.20 am Chandigarh

Regards

A

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 21 Apr 2011

anxious2711 wrote:Hi Shilpa ji,

Sun in her case is away from it's exaltation point and there is less than a degree's difference between Rahu and Sun, hence VRY does not hold true in her case (well that's what I have been told).

Regards,
hello anxious,

exaltation is not a single point ( or a single degree phenomenon)......that is merely deep exaltation.
Exaltation applies to the entire house in which the planet is quite strong.
the strength of each planet conjuncting in a given house should be manually examined and assesed versus each other....rather than relying on the grahayuddha feature that some software offer.
when 8th and 12th lord exchange places.....VRY exists...period.

How strong that Yoga ( just like any other yoga) is depends on the strength of the participating planets in the Rasi and higher charts.
That is why I say the entrie chart should be looked at in totality.

PS* I remmebr you may have sent soemthing in PM....but as a matter of principle i do not read charts in PM.....it's contrary to the objectives of the board.
Only exceptions are when it is a case study discussion with or a chart of a regular member who has been contributing for a long time doing readings for others.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

aman2209 wrote:dear shilpa ji ,

well my rahu is placed alone in 12th house & my Venus is in lagna , can you please comment on the sexual life & pleasures of bed destined in my life as per my horoscope ?
I think my case can be a standard to say How RAHU alone in its own house reacts for a Venus Lagna ? I would be thankful to have your comments onthis ?

my DOB is 25.11.1977 time 05.20 am Chandigarh

Regards

A
Mars the planet of physical energy is debilitated...and the 12th Lord Mercury is an enuch planet ( as discussed earlier in the thread).

However Venus is in it's own house and also rules the 8th house ( 2nd to 7th) is strong.

The 7th house and Venus are strong...the 12th house and Mars are weak......there is no association between 7th and 12th Lords.

Mixed results in overall sex-life.....reasonably good in marriage.
Rahu in the 12th gives rise to desires.....and drives away from religious / pilgrim activites....is weak because of placement in Moon's Nakshatra.

Regards

PS* Hardly any chart in can be a standard.....as there are too mnay variable acting simultaneously to standardize

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 21 Apr 2011

Dear Shilpa ji,

Thanks for your clarifications about VRY. Another member told me that since it was conjunct with Rahu, VRY did not exist, guess he was wrong. Below are her details,

DOB: 8 May 1985
TOB: 17:35 (Summertime GMT+1)
POB: London
Lagna Virgo

From my interpretation, this chart has very strong indicators for a good sex life: Exalted Venus in 7th house, Mars and Venus associations, exchange of Mars and Venus in Navamsha with mutual aspect (I mean not good indicators but strong indicators). However, so far it has not been true in her case, so I was wondering that maybe it was due to her afflicted 12th Lord or debilated 7th (but this is quite common, it represents 1 out 12 people born in that year, and every 12 years)

Regards,

aman2209
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aman2209 » 21 Apr 2011

Dear Shilpa ji ,

[quote]Mars the planet of physical energy is debilitated...and the 12th Lord Mercury is an enuch planet ( as discussed earlier in the thread).

However Venus is in it's own house and also rules the 8th house ( 2nd to 7th) is strong.

The 7th house and Venus are strong...the 12th house and Mars are weak......there is no association between 7th and 12th Lords.

Rahu in the 12th gives rise to desires.....and drives away from religious / pilgrim activites....is weak because of placement in Moon's Nakshatra.

Regards

PS* Hardly any chart in can be a standard.....as there are too mnay variable acting simultaneously to standardize[/quote]

THanks for the reply. But I would like to tell that its not at all good in married life & rather life is almost that of a celibate . More surprisingly even in rahu md & venus ad its the same & at this parameter of s in marriage the score would be 1 out of 10 & Moreover I am very much inclined to religious activity & for last 7 years its has become a way of life. So Rahu is not driving me away from religious activity rather its making me go into it but deprives the physical pleasures.

So where do you think the calculations go wrong ? Please analyse again as astrology I understand is 90% correct most of the time.

Regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

anxious2711 wrote:Dear Shilpa ji,

Thanks for your clarifications about VRY. Another member told me that since it was conjunct with Rahu, VRY did not exist, guess he was wrong. Below are her details,

it's not about right or wrong.....there can be varying theories .
as i said I have not read such a rationale before .
DOB: 8 May 1985
TOB: 17:35 (Summertime GMT+1)
POB: London
Lagna Virgo

From my interpretation, this chart has very strong indicators for a good sex life: Exalted Venus in 7th house, Mars and Venus associations, exchange of Mars and Venus in Navamsha with mutual aspect (I mean not good indicators but strong indicators). However, so far it has not been true in her case, so I was wondering that maybe it was due to her afflicted 12th Lord or debilated 7th (but this is quite common, it represents 1 out 12 people born in that year, and every 12 years)

Regards,
thax for the full details:

1)Venus is exalted in the 7th but enunch Me sits in it.

2)12th Lord sun is exalted in the 8th ( whihc being 2nd to 7th) gives the fruits of marriage. In his house of exaltation Sun is stronger than Rahu IMO

3) the Lord of the 7th house ( of sex) in saptamsa is Saturn....andother enunch planet.

4) Ket in the 2nd shows some possibilities of some psychological issues on the family side.

5) Jup sits debilitated in the 5th house of Romance

and she ran successive antardasas of Jup, Sat ( current), Merc and Ketu ( whihc is also an enumch planet) to follow.

So you can see imprints of all the debilitated and enunch planets on the married/ sex and love life coming in their dasas one after the other.

However inspite of all the above 7th, 8th and 12th houses are not bad.

In time and due course the phsycial side of marriage will improve......patience, prayers and counselling will all help.

I would suggest her praying to shani dev regularly.
Althouhg some people will tell you praying enunch deities promotes celibacy.
In my view and hearing many first hand experiences praying to a god/ deity gives you what he is denying to you.

regards
Last edited by shilpa on 21 Apr 2011, edited 4 times in total.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

aman2209 wrote:Dear Shilpa ji ,

[quote]Mars the planet of physical energy is debilitated...and the 12th Lord Mercury is an enuch planet ( as discussed earlier in the thread).

Regards

PS* Hardly any chart in can be a standard.....as there are too mnay variable acting simultaneously to standardize

THanks for the reply. But I would like to tell that its not at all good in married life & rather life is almost that of a celibate . More surprisingly even in rahu md & venus ad its the same & at this parameter of s in marriage the score would be 1 out of 10 & Moreover I am very much inclined to religious activity & for last 7 years its has become a way of life. So Rahu is not driving me away from religious activity rather its making me go into it but deprives the physical pleasures.

So where do you think the calculations go wrong ? Please analyse again as astrology I understand is 90% correct most of the time.

Regards[/quote]

Dear aman,
who told you astrology can be 90% correct ?

I am not a believer in an approach of proving right or wrong.
Thanks for the feedback
Regrads

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 22 Apr 2011

atri wrote:
GK Mars (jaimini karaka for 6th house) aspects Saturn (darakaraka karaka for 7th house).
I thought her GK was Rahu?

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 22 Apr 2011

shilpa wrote:
astrosonu wrote:Dear Shilpaji,
2. Labha Lord in own sign and combust still gives full gains.

item-2 is very very heartening to hear. A few days back a kid was born that i am a god parent to. 28th March, 2011, 9:45am Bhavnagar.
It's the same case I had posted under atsrologically designed baby some time back.
Inspite of my best efforts to advise his mother to deliver before 24th March or after 3rd april ( in this window Jupiter was combust over Bhavnagar)...the complications in the delivery were so huge that he was born on that day of 28th Mar...with Jupiter combust, in Pisces in the 11th.
Good to hear that his combustion stands nullified.
I had quoted this earlier for labha bhava. I have a correction to make. Gains will accrue only if Labha lord is in exaltation, even if it is combust. This is as per BPHS Chapter 22.2.

Sorry about the misinfo earlier.

Regards
Sonu
well it's disappointing for the new born kid's well wishers
Dear Shilpa ji,

I have a very similar chart to this baby, 4 planets in 11th (3 combust) and lagna lord in 10th. So far, I haven't really had any complaints in the friends department, or income department, so I would not worry about this kid whose god mother you are. Her 11th house is much more stronger than mine, so don't take any tension. (Mine has L6-L8-L12 conjunct with Venus, and on top L11 is in 12th, from your post that describes the strength of a house, my 11th seems pretty weak in comparison, but I've had no complaints in that area so far.)

DOB: 27-11-82
TOB: 10:50 am (GMT + 3)
POB: Antananarivo, Madagascar 18.55 South 47.31 East

Hope you're relieved for her! (although this could be due to my current Venus Dasa?)

aman2209
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aman2209 » 22 Apr 2011

Dear Shilpa Ji ,

Dear aman,

Thanks for the feedback
Regrads

Dear Aman

Looking at your chart I can safely say that the opportunities for sex and bed pleasures do exist in your life but you do not take these opportunities because of inner spiritualism/guilty . Your chart is best understood by the karakamsha lagna. which in your case is pisces and has in it Ketu. I can see a desire for sex in your chart but you are not letting it materialise yourself which itself is creating prolems and i can see this causing an inclination for extra marital affairs but this is something i would rather discuss privately with you.[/quote]

First of all I apologise if I offended you with my earlier reply as it was not at all intended & then Thanks for your analysis as I think you are very right here as that is the case with me. Infact I would really like to know your views in private , please spare your valuable time to throw some more light on this so that it can improve for me.

Thanks for your kind cooperation in this regard.

Regards

A

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 23 Apr 2011

shilpa wrote:
I have a question. The kid could not be born in the time window frame you gave the parents, but did you manage to decide on the time of birth, i mean to say the ascendant?

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 23 Apr 2011

anxious2711 wrote:
shilpa wrote:
I have a question. The kid could not be born in the time window frame you gave the parents, but did you manage to decide on the time of birth, i mean to say the ascendant?
thanks you for the encouraging feedback on yuor chart.
I will look at it today.....I thought Madagascar is a movie :)

I was able to help decide on the ascendant, and general placement of planets to some extent, by giving them 45 min of time window.\ensuring that all those cluster of planets went in the 11th instead of 12th or 8th

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 23 Apr 2011

aman2209 wrote:Dear Shilpa Ji ,

Dear aman,

Thanks for the feedback
Regrads

Dear Aman

Looking at your chart I can safely say that the opportunities for sex and bed pleasures do exist in your life but you do not take these opportunities because of inner spiritualism/guilty . Your chart is best understood by the karakamsha lagna. which in your case is pisces and has in it Ketu. I can see a desire for sex in your chart but you are not letting it materialise yourself which itself is creating prolems and i can see this causing an inclination for extra marital affairs but this is something i would rather discuss privately with you.

First of all I apologise if I offended you with my earlier reply as it was not at all intended & then Thanks for your analysis as I think you are very right here as that is the case with me. Infact I would really like to know your views in private , please spare your valuable time to throw some more light on this so that it can improve for me.

Thanks for your kind cooperation in this regard.

Regards

A[/quote]

Hello aman...there are no offenses taken.
you may also be confusing between mine and atri's resposne.
anyway I will look at your PM today.
Regards

aman2209
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aman2209 » 23 Apr 2011

Dear Shilpa ji ,

Thanks for your reply. Infact I did confuse atri's remark with your reply. infact I fail to understand why Mr atri reacted when I didnt address my query to him . I didnt expect anyone else to react as I addressed the query to you anyways I will wait for your reply .

Regards

A