The Nakshatras

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
astroboy
Donor
Donor
The Nakshatras

Post by astroboy » 07 Apr 2011

Good day every one ,

This was a long over due subject . I had made a promise to Swamy Cool ji that I will get Srinivas Rao ji to translate all the texts from Kannada to english with regard to the Nakshatras. Better late than never , I decided to start this today after Srinivas Rao Ji promised me that he will provide his inputs . This thread will take some time to finish . My idea is to create one consolidated data base online so that every one can access material with regard to the negative aspects of the Nakshatras .

As you all Know , Prash Trivedi and Dennis M harness have both written extensively about the Nakshatras . There are some errors in Prash Trivedi's Book , All minor in nature , But never the less , Its a extremely well written book . In the course of my studies , I discovered that many books had to be referred to before a conclusion could be drawn . Not only was this cumbersome , It was also time consuming . I therefore have decided to extract the best from the following books to come up with one single concise set . This as you know will take its own time . But I promise that when it is done , Each one of us , including me will benefit immensely from it .

As you all know by now, I tend to think in a extremely negative fashion . Misery is the key word to be used here . out of the 7 billion creatures on earth , 6.9 billion plus are on a emotional, or financial Shiit street . Misery is everywhere , just like polluted air . I have there for decided to focus only on what troubles a Nakshatra can create , rather than focus on the positive aspects .

A note of Caution . Please do not try to apply every thing to a chart verbatim . There can be many modifications to these dictums . For example Please remember that a Shani Shukra combination , Can make one Gay , or induce superb renunciatory tendencies . We have to assess in which plane the planet is acting .

I request one and all , Not to write anything here until I have completed all the 27 nakshatras . I want it to be a smooth flow without any other post interrupting me . Please bear with me. I dont want people comming in between and saying "I have lagna in Shravana Nakshatra , can you please analyse my chart for me " and "I have lagna in Mrigashira Nakshatra but I have not run after my daughter" :roll: .

In the mean time , If anyone has inputs , I will open another thread , where a discussion can start regarding the Nakshatras . It will be named " The Nakshatras - Discussion . Please feel free to write there . Inputs while I build this data base are most welcome on that thread .

Best regard's

Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Re: The NAKSHATRAS

Post by astroboy » 10 May 2011

The following books will be referred to

Light on life by Robert Svoboda and Hart Defouw
The Nakshatras by Dennis M Harness
The Book of Nakshatras by Prash Trivedi
The essentials of Vedic Astrology By Komilla Sutton
Beneath a Vedic Sky by William R.Levacy
Encyclopaedia of Indian Astrology by Prof N.E. Muthuswamy
Nakshatra by K.T.Shubhakaran
Jyotishya Taranga By Shri Gunjur Ramachandra Shastri and Gunjur Prakesh Shastri
Inputs from Shree Jyothi Star , Jyotish Studio , and Parashara Light . ( Special Thanks to Andrew Foss. You are a great person indeed. :) )
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Re: The Nakshatras

ASHVINI

Range / Zodiac position - 0Deg00 -13 20 / Mesha Rashi
Colour - Blood Red
Symbol - Horses Head
Dasha Ruling Planet - Ketu
Gana - Deva
Primary Motivation - Dharma
Animal - Male Horse
Direction - South
Qualities - Rajas/ Rajas/Rajas
Diety - Ashwini Kumars , Shiva, Surya Ganesha
Caste - Vaishya
Gender - Male
Nadi - Vata
Nature - Laghu ( Not heavy ) Light / Kshipra ( Swift )
Quality - Tamasic ( Robert Svoboda ) Prash Trivedi (Satwa ) :arrow: RamaChandra Shastri ( Satwa or Shanta )
Tatwa - Bhu (Earth)
Body part - Knees
Gotra - Rishi Marichi
Bird - Garuda
Vedha - Jeyshta
Tree Species - Yetti ( This tree is a Milk Less tree ) ( If husband and wife both are born in the Nakshatra of a Milk Less trees there will be no children / All other factors being equal )

astroboy
Donor
Donor

All other Factors being equal - ASHVINI :

Ashvini is ruled by Ketu and is in the Rashi of Kuja. What more can you ask for? :( . When afflicted, the individual is impulsive, aggressive, stubborn, and arrogant. Passion, lust and lack of Discretion is present. Shukra when placed here brings difficulties with sex. Dissatisfaction, disappointment, lack of mental peace and a fear of criticism appears if Shani is in this Nakshatra. There will be concerns over property, Black magic, or absence of children if the 4th 6th and 5th occupy this Nakshatra. The individual is always interested in beginning new things, and so ends up making a mess of work in hand (leaves work half done). They want to do things their way. They are stubborn, unyielding, zealots who are wild and runaround like a horse (Restless). They never learn from their mistakes, and can be seen repeating their mistakes again and again. There is a lack of reflection and the bad news is that this does not get better with age. Basically they are head strong and fool hardy. They are useless at activities requiring stillness and patience they have enough motivation when it comes to starting a task or a new activity but they seldom finish it. The biggest problem is that they do not like to be told what to do, knowing fully well that they do not know what they are doing. they have a habit of making a mountain out of a mole hill.

They always think that they are better than the rest. They try to perform impossible feats without proper consideration and then land flat on their face. They think that "Anything is possible”, perform the deed, then live to regret it .All phrases like “haste makes waste" and "hurry causes delay" are aimed at this Nakshatra's natives. This Nakshatra is supposed to produce twins. Kuja in this Nakshatra – especially if the lagna is Kumbha indicates twin brothers and sisters for the Individual. If Ravi or the 9th lord is in this Nakshatra, there is a high probability that the native’s father is a twin.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

BHARANI

Range / Zodiac position - 13Deg20 -26Deg40 / Mesha Rashi
Colour - Blood Red
Symbol - Vulva,/Male elephant
Dasha Ruling Planet - Shukra
Gana - Manushya
Primary Motivation - Artha
Animal - Male elephant
Direction - west
Qualities - Rajas/ Rajas/Tamas
Diety - Yama,The god of death and Shakthi
Activity - balanced
Caste - Mleccha
Gender - Female
Nadi - Pitta
Nature - Ugra / fierce
Quality - Rajasic
Tatwa - Bhu (Earth)
Body part - Head and bottom of the feet
Gotra- Vashista
Bird - sparrow
Vedha - Anuradha
Tree Species - Amla ( Milk less )

astroboy
Donor
Donor

All other Factors being equal - BHARANI :

This Nakshatra is ruled by Shukra and placed in Kuja’s house :mrgreen: . They have a tendency towards jealousy of others, or to be plagued by the jealousy of others. This lunar mansion is called the “star of restraint” which reflects the sense of being entangled in the world of desires and illusions. Strong sexual desires may be experienced here (Kuja Shukra connection). The deity connected to this asterism is Yama the god of death. It is a Krura or fierce Nakshatra. They have major issues with anger and pride. A restless irritable and impatient nature is present. They are moralistic, judgmental and carry everything to an extreme. Pride anger and resentment is experienced. They end up indulging in sexuality, vanity, and Narcissism. "Extreme" is one word you can use here. They swing between polar opposites, for example Maturity and immaturity. In the present day where confusion and chaos reigns supreme, Lagna or Moon Bharani can be a very difficult energy to handle. Without proper guidance and understanding, Bharani natives are ready to jump into anything and everything without caution or consideration. They often undergo huge changes and transformations in life. This comes about due to their longing for extremes. Remember this is one of the most sexual Nakshatra’s in the entire Zodiac. Bharani’s cruelty comes from a lack of responsibility for one’s own actions. It is easy for a Bharani Native to move from one action to the next without caring about the long term implications.

Have no doubt, Bharani is an extreme Nakshatra. They always break the norms of society and indulge in what is Taboos. It is a highly explosive energy which cannot usually be controlled by any social structure.
The fact that the Nakshatra’s constitution is “Pitta”, the fact that it is an Agni Rashi, and the fact that Shukra is the ruler, makes the individual very active on the material plane. They are very very self-centered and selfish. When it comes to sex, he has no limits and will go to any extreme to fulfill his desires. Rahu here can be devastating if associated with Lagna or Chandra. Note that it is an extremely Rajasic planet. They have spontaneous behaviors and want to get things done quickly. They are stubborn, childlike, resist control, unmanageable, and calculating. They indulge in an activity if they can benefit from it, so charity is out .They are skilled in the art of flattery and so will not share their pains with the others.
Note, Bharani is considered as a Barren star and is not good for anything Auspicious.

Madonna has her Kuja in this Nakshatra . Monica Lewinsky has her moon in Bharani Nakshatra. Do I need to say more ?
?

astroboy
Donor
Donor

KRITTIKA

Range / Zodiac position - 26Deg40 – 10Deg00 / Aries 1 pada 3 in Taurus
Colour - White
Symbol - Flame / Razor / Cutter
Dasha Ruling Planet - Ravi
Gana - Rakshasa
Primary Motivation - Kama( Desire)
Animal - Female Sheep
Direction - North
Qualities - Rajas/ Rajas/Sattwa
Diety - Agni / Karttikeya
Activity - Active
Caste - Brahmana
Gender - Female
Nadi - Kapha
Nature - Sharp and Soft - Mixed
Quality - Rajasic
Tatwa - Bhu (Earth)
Body part - Hips and Loins /upper and back portion of the head
Gotra- Sage Angiras
Bird - Sparrow
Vedha - Vishaka
Tree Species - Atthi Vriksha / Milk less

Visha Kanya yoga Nakshatra . ( If a person is born in this Nakshatra on a Saturday in Dwadashi Thithi, Sapthami Thithi ( 12th thithi ) or Sunday in Dwadashi Tithi, It forms a Visha Kanya Yoga

astroboy
Donor
Donor

All other Factors being equal - KRITTIKA :

Krittika individuals are highly determined and tenacious and will go to any lengths to achieve greatness. They can be stubborn and aggressive by nature. Destructive tendencies and issues with anger may be observed. A passive aggressive personality is present (I have seen many people like this) fiery emotions and a combative nature will result. The primary motivation is Kama. Illicit affairs and attraction to others mates is common in Krittika. The person has trouble controlling his diet and eating habits. A child like nature is observed when Chandra is in Krittika. They can be unreasonable at times. Varahamihira says, When the Moon occupies Krittika the person is a glutton, is found of the spouse of others, has a bright appearance and possesses wide spread fame.
Krittika individuals are sharp, cutting and penetrating in nature. They love wars and battles. Will never buckle down in an argument. When they say something, it bloody well be done their way. If not you can watch them sulk to kingdom come. They are proud by nature and always want to take the front seat in any situation. They are good at criticizing and fault finding. They do not tolerate imperfection because it sees them as obstacles in achieving their goals. They act in a sudden and explosive manner. There is an utter lack of diplomacy. This is the biggest drawback of Krittika Individuals. They have an extreme temper, but thankfully it lasts only for a few minutes. But take it for granted that the damage is done. They have very Razor sharp tongues (The symbol of this Nakshatra is a cutter) especially if the 2nd lord is in the Nakshatra. They lash out and end up inflicting some serious emotional wounds on the other person's mind. Krittika exemplifies Ravi’s anger rather than Kuja’s anger. Ravi’s anger does not last long unlike Kuja’s anger which lingers on with an avenging attitude. The king does not need to stay long to declare war, unlike Kuja (commander) who actually needs to keep his temper high to sustain the battle. The fact that Kuja and Ravi are associated with this planet make it harsh in its approach and functioning.(1st Pada).One unique feature of this Nakshatra is that a woman who attains Puberty when Chandra is in this Star will suffer from a loss of a child.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

ROHINI

Range / Zodiac position - 10Deg00 – 23Deg20 / in Taurus
Colour - White
Symbol - Ox cart, Chariot, Temple, Banyan Tree
Dasha Ruling Planet - Chandra
Gana - Manushya
Primary Motivation - Moksha/ Spiritual liberation
Animal - Male serpent
Direction - East
Qualities - Rajas/ Tamas/Rajas
Diety - Brahma/ Prajapati
Activity - Balanced
Caste - Shudra
Gender - Female
Nadi - Kapha
Nature - (Dhruva)Fixed
Quality - Rajasic
Tatwa - Bhu (Earth)
Body part - The Shins and calves of the legs, ankles and Fore head
Gotra- Sage Atri
Bird - Eagle/Peacock
Vedha - Swati( will be a defaulter and will not be be able to pay back his loans )
Tree Species - Jumbu vriksha

astroboy
Donor
Donor

All other Factors being equal - ROHINI :

If the ascendant or Moon lands up In Rohini a critical fault finding nature is formed in the individual. They have a strong fondness for the opposite sex; they have great charm and charisma, used only to get closer to the opposite sex. Rohini promotes Indulgence and materialism without considering the price. The person may “win the Kingdom” But “lose his Soul”. Since Rohini is located in the head of Taurus the bull, an obstinate bull headed nature may occur at times. They have a stubborn personality style. A short tempered nature is seen. Issues with Jealousy and possessiveness are the themes of this Nakshatra. This Nakshatra creates desires and sensory attachments. It pushes man to immerse in worldly Gratification. No doubt this Nakshatra is Chandra’s favorite.
Rohini is the most alluring of all Nakshatra’s. Just as money makes the world go around, Rohini makes people and even gods chase after it in whichever way possible.
They are as unresponsive to external stimuli as a cow. They open up only in extremely intimate situations; this unflinching quality often comes out as stubbornness. Despite their calm exterior they can be very expressive with their voice and gestures. They can act well whenever necessary. They are smooth talkers and have seductive mannerisms. They can never stick steadily to one thing alone They are always after change.
They are No 1 attention seekers and more often than not end up getting it. They use their charm and social ease to manipulate situations to suit their own needs and ends. They are self-serving people. It is easy for them to get gain trust of others and in today’s day, this is used to derive some sort of material benefit. In kali yoga, they turn out to be plain materialist and sensualists
Rohini natives are cool and suave opportunists who have the knack for extracting favors and financial support from others.
It is one of the most enjoyment oriented Nakshatra’s. It believes in making the most of the good things in life.
For Rohini in the 1st pada, passion and carnal traits are heightened. The focus is on indulgence and extravagance. Planets here want quick fire results. Kuja and Sun, if unaffiliated do well here.

The 2nd pada gives extreme materialism.
Remember Rohini’s yoni is a cobra. They exhibit serpent qualities in sexual union. Snakes are regarded as being adept at sexual activity. This makes Rohini the most sexually adept among all Nakshatra’s. This is why the moon is reluctant to leave Rohini. Rohini and Mrigashira are the most compatible as far as sex is concerned.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

MRIGASHIRSHA

Range / Zodiac position - 23Deg20 - 6Deg40 in Gemini
Colour - Silver Grey
Symbol - Antelope’s / Deer’s head
Dasha Ruling Planet - Kuja
Gana - Deva
Primary Motivation - Moksha/ Spiritual liberation
Animal - Female serpent
Direction - South-Level/sideways
Qualities - Rajas/ Tamas/Tamas
Diety - Soma the Moon God / Parvati
Activity - Passive
Caste - Servant
Gender - Neuter
Nadi - Pitta
Nature - (Mridu)Soft, Mild, and tender
Quality - Tamasic
Tatwa - Bhu (Earth)
Body part - The eyes and the eye brows
Gotra- Sage Pulasthya
Bird - Fowl
Vedha - Chitra / Danishta
Tree Species - Kadira - Milkless

astroboy
Donor
Donor

All other Factors being equal - MRIGASHIRSHA :

People whose Moon resides in this Nakshatra lack firm fixed views , are capable yet timid, have good speech and active habits. They are rich and indulge in sexual pleasures.
When Shani as the lord of the 7th occupies this Nakshatra occupies this Nakshatra it often indicates marital unhappiness and strife through ill-considered romantic alliances. People born in this Nakshatra have quick fidgety moments and like a deer are like shy timid creatures. Mrigashira indicates a clever persuasive person who is sensual and fickle. When lagna or Chandra occupies Mrigashira the native is often suspicious and prone to wander and espouses rigid attitudes.
Mrigashirsha people are flirtatious, fickle, have multiple partnerships ( Often concurrently) Partners get more attached than they do; they seek too much excitement and get nervous; They are always reluctant to commit, Fragmented, Timid, fragile, fickle, critical, Shrewd, clever, and are always suspicious . One positive aspect of this Nakshatra is that they have a high metabolism.
Mrigashirsha is always associated with problems in married life through illusion, undue suspicion or plain misunderstanding.
Mrigashirsha is an indulgent character with hundreds of romantic liaisons. They often get into trouble due to affairs with others wives. (Soma + Kuja)
Its Yoni is the female serpent. Mrigashirsha is one of the experts in love making. They are highly potent sexually. They are good at day dreaming and can’t keep their focus on any thought for long.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

ARDRA

Range / Zodiac position - 6Deg40-20Deg00 in Gemini
Colour - Green
Symbol - Tear Drop . A Human Head
Dasha Ruling Planet - Rahu
Gana - Manushya
Primary Motivation - Kama
Animal - Female Dog
Direction - West / Upward
Qualities - Rajas/ Tamas/Sattwa
Diety - Rudra, the Lord of the storms
Activity - Balanced
Caste - Butcher
Gender - Female
Nadi - Vata
Nature - (Tikshna) Sharp /Dreadful
Quality - Tamasic
Tatwa - Water
Body part - The top and back of the head / eyes
Gotra- Sage Pulahu
Bird - Pingala
Vedha - Shravana- No matter how much he works he can never pay his debts
Tree Species - Krishna Kadira, Mathhi - Milkless

astroboy
Donor
Donor

All other Factors being equal - ARDRA :

One of the worst out of the lot. Arrogant, reckless, self-serving, Unscrupulous, Ungrateful stubborn, critical, impolite, untruthful or does not verify facts before they speak. Poor financial planning, weaken themselves through excessive indulgences, cause torment, pain and agony to others. Abuse of power, lusting after material attainments. Ungrateful, deceitful, anti-social, mental instability, fickle, dishonest, cunning, restless mind, haughty and Marriages are deemed to struggle, if not fail if Lagna or Moon is in Ardra at the time of marriage. According to Varahamihira the Moon in Ardra indicates an irritable ungrateful troublesome person who is prone to insincerity and addicted to wicked deeds. Lack of gratitude and malice are traditionally associated with this Nakshatra including Treachery and deception. Ardra also rules diplomacy, people who are critical in nature, are cruel, lawless, perverts, harbor a self-centered attitude, and accustomed to lying and cheating. Natives under this stars influence have an ability to flirt from intense joy to intense sorrow to somewhere in between within minutes. Ardra natives scatter away their intellectual and mental energies in meaningless pursuits

astroboy
Donor
Donor

PUNARVASU

Range / Zodiac position - 20Deg00 in Gemini-3Deg20 in Cancer
Colour - Lead
Symbol - Bow and Quiver of arrows
Dasha Ruling Planet - Guru
Gana - Deva
Animal - Female cat
Direction - North /level-sideways
Qualities - Rajas/ Sattwa/Rajas
Diety - Aditi, mother of the demi gods
Activity - Passive
Caste - Vaishya
Gender - male
Nadi - Vata
Nature - Chara/ Moveable
Quality - Sattvic
Tatwa - Water
Body part - The fingers and nose
Gotra- Sage Kratu
Bird - crow
Vedha - UttaraAshada - Children will turn evil .
Tree Species - Bidhiru / Bamboo- Milkless

astroboy
Donor
Donor

All other factors being equal - PUNARVASU

Punarvasu is the most benefic of the 27 Nakshatras. Lord Rama was born in this Nakshatra. I have nothing Much to say. However, Note Rama’s life. He never enjoyed the throne, spent 14 years in exile, and lacked marital happiness. Not one day did he enjoy a moment’s bliss. People born in the 4th pada tend to have weak minds and are prone to Melancholy and depression because this point is at a cusp and is weak. People born in the first 3 Padas, tend to over intellectualize life’s experiences, this produces a critical nature. People born in Punarvasu are possessed with contrary views.
Moon falling in the last Pada of this Nakshatra gives strong spiritual yearnings. They lack foresight and this gets them into complicated situations. They move frequently and have unstable relationships, Punarvasu people are attached to their homes but end up travelling a lot. Punarvasu people tend to stagnate a lot and can be heard saying statements like “why bother”. “What is the use” etc. They tend to lose focus and have a lack of drive to achieve greatness.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

PUSHYA

Range / Zodiac position - 3Deg20 – 16Deg40 in Cancer
Colour - Black mixed with Red
Symbol - Flower, A circle, the udder of a cow, An arrow
Dasha Ruling Planet - Shani
Gana - Deva
Animal - Male Sheep/ Ram – Goat
Direction - East /level-sideways
Qualities - Rajas/ Sattwa/Tamas
Diety - Brihaspati, lord of Sacred Speech
Activity - Passive
Caste - Kshatriya
Gender - male
Nadi - Pitta
Nature - Lagu/ Light
Quality - Tamasic
Tatwa - Water
Body part - The Mouth , face, facial expression
Gotra- Sage Marichi
Bird - Kingfisher
Vedha - Poorva Ashada
Tree Species - Ashwatha Vriksha - Pepal tree

astroboy
Donor
Donor

All other Factors being equal - PUSHYA :

Pushya means to Nourish. According to many Vedic scholars, Pushya is a deva or god like Nakshatra and is considered the most auspicious of the lunar mansions for spiritual maturity.

Having said that, when Pushya is afflicted, a stubborn, selfish, arrogant, proud and jealous nature may be experienced. . They can be quickly deflated by criticism and may doubt their own worth due to the opinions of others. . Insecurity and strong attachment to family members can inhabit growth. They are too talkative, Jack of all trades, master of none. Oversensitive and emotional, always get defrauded by believing the wrong people. They get devoted to a particular cause which makes then open to submission and become a martyr or a victim. They can become rigid, Narrow minded and orthodox in their attitude towards anything or anyone outside it, particularly in the matters of religion and culture. They can become overtly prejudiced protective and bigoted, suspicion and caution arises towards anything that does not fit its highly structured views and opinions

astroboy
Donor
Donor

ASHLESHA

Range / Zodiac position - 16Deg40-30Deg00 in Cancer
Colour - Black mixed with Red
Symbol - Coiled serpent
Dasha Ruling Planet - Budha
Gana - Rakshasa
Animal - Male Cat
Direction - South /Downwards
Qualities - Rajas/ Sattwa/Sattwa
Diety - Naga the Serpent King
Activity - Active
Caste - Mleccha
Gender - Female
Nadi - Kapha
Nature - Tikshna – sharp and dreadful
Quality - Sattvic
Tatwa - Water
Body part - The joints , Nails and Ears
Gotra- Sage Vashishta
Bird - Chakoara
Vedha - Moola - Fights with enemies at all times
Tree Species - Honne , Naga Vriksha ( Soap Nut tree )

astroboy
Donor
Donor

All other Factors being equal - ASHLESHA:

In my experience, this is one of the most difficult Nakshatra to be in. Varahamihira says, "those with Chandra in Ashlesha are inattentive to the work of other people, Promiscuous eaters Sinful, Ungrateful, and skilled at deceiving others."

Ashlesha stands for everything associated with Snakes. Snakes are thought to be wily creepy creatures which hypnotize their prey with their moments and their eyes before entwining themselves around their victims. Snakes which enjoy secrecy are often misunderstood, like to operate out of sight; they are proverbial for insincerity, avarice, deception, cold bloodedness, and for poisonous painful fanged bites. Yet they are credited with great wisdom, cunning, insights, primordial energy and power especially sexual power and powers of concentration. Ashlesha therefore represents intertwining coiling torment deception secret sexual unions searing pain and other serpent like qualities. Lagna or moon in Ashlesha indicates a blunt character which when otherwise afflicted may make the native contentious and dislikes by others.

Mental instability, worries fear and melancholic mind, Issues with anger, and a hot temper are present. It is considered a good Nakshatra for creating separations, divorce, or ending a business partnership. They cannot tolerate any kind of person humiliation. Due to the Mercury /Moon influence a sensitive nervous system, a vulnerability and self-deception is present. They are crafty elusive and have a tendency to lie when it serves their needs. In this lunar mansion, "pain is inevitable suffering is optional". Ashlesha people must cultivate a sense of gratitude and courage to face reality and life exactly as it is rather than as they would like it to be.

Ashlesha people are unscrupulous, have a dismissive attitude, impolite, tactless, unpopular, lack social skills don’t like rules mentality to hoard secretive, talkative, lack gratitude, fragmented, ineffective, reckless disconnected, introspective, depressed isolated and lack grace.

The English words which use Ashlesha's alphabets ( "Da" "Di" "Do" ) – Demon, diabolical, darkness, debauchery, danger, deceit, deception, dastardly dagger, decadence, degenerate, delinquent, destitute, defile, destruction, depression, damned, death, delusion, desperation, despotic, doom, devious, doctor, sum up Ashleshas nature and functioning. Much need not be said after a thought is paid to each of these terms.

Ashlesha natives enjoy business activities which border on crookery. They never employ straight methods in business and want some type of cheating or deception involved. They find humor in tricking others. They delight in hood winking others.

They are adept at putting up socially acceptable and amiable fronts. They use courtesy as a tool to flatter others. This good humor does not last long though, for once their objective is achieved they are immediately cold and ruthless. They are always scheming and plotting when it comes to climbing the social ladder.

It is the predominance of Ashlesha energy which makes society a cradle of fear and suspicion. Ashlesha is about “Lock your door and mistrust your neighbor " . It is due to this inherent mistrust that Ashlesha natives tend to remain hidden in regards to their true feelings. They do not form intimate bonds with others and mistrust their closest confidantes. They are highly protective towards their kith and kin and will ward off suspicious intruders in the most ruthless manner.

Ashlesha natives can be the most mean and stingy in regard to financial affairs. Their miserliness never pays in the end as they always end up having losses one way or the other. One deceives others and gets deceived by others.

Ashlesha people have duel personalities. They are clever in forgery, impersonation, perjury, slander, blackmail etc . . . . though calm and composed outwardly , they are jealous in their hearts . They are selfish, self-centered and hence have no consideration for ideology or principle. They always exaggerate their own difficulties before the others and then skillfully exploit the others to meet their ends. . They forget favors received by from others and seldom reciprocate. They are pessimistic even in their heights of achievements.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

MAGHA

Range / Zodiac position - 00Deg00-13Deg20 Leo
Colour - Ivory or cream - like Butter
Symbol - Palanquin / Throne
Dasha Ruling Planet - Ketu
Gana - Rakshasa
Animal - Male Rat
Direction - West /Downwards
Qualities - Tamas / Rajas /Rajas
Diety - Pitris - Protectors of Humanity
Activity - Active
Caste - Shudra
Gender - Female
Nadi - Kapha
Nature - Tikshna – sharp and dreadful
Quality - Tamasic
Tatwa - Water
Body part - The nose, lips and chin
Gotra- Sage Angiras
Bird - Crow – Male Eagle
Vedha - Revati – will incur debts, as high as the mountains
Tree Species - Goli Vriksha

astroboy
Donor
Donor

All other Factors being equal - MAGHA :

Physically strong and hot tempered. Ketu loves this place. Having said that, they have a deep rooted dislike for certain people. They are arrogant, racist, think they are superior, have a prejudice and have a habit of identifying them self with other people of high class and status. Since Artha or wealth is the primary motivation Magha people become motivated to material prosperity. Magha people can sometimes win the kingdom, but lose the soul. A divine restlessness or chronic discontentment is experienced if the person fails to meet his lofty ideals of success. Self-doubt may be present which results in needing to prove oneself to others. They continually court the approval of others at the cost of the self. They set high perfectionistic standards for their work but their efforts are not able to hit the mark. A driven, Krura or Ugra Nakshatra which is related to cruel or fierce activities. Sensual allurements from the sexual realm may also create problems.

The fierceness of this Nakshatra corresponds with the fierce aspect of the sun. One summer in May in India is enough to make one understand what the Sun can do. Ketu is as fierce as the mid-summer, mid - afternoon desert sun. Fierceness as we know is associated with authority at some level. Authority can either foster magnanimity or produce merciless tyrants who get blinded by power and authority.
They are self-seeking , too quick to make a decision, bossy , love to control , highly driven , manipulative, blunt , disrespective to people, go to war quickly seek thrills , victims of flattery , find it hard to make decisions does not want to look bad , afraid to face problems or make mistakes .

People with Lagna or moon in Magha develop a weakness for the opposite sex. Magha people have many hidden enemies. If Moon is in this Nakshatra and is Aspected by Shani, one might lose his wife. If Kuja is in Magha and is Aspected by Shukra he is arrogant and indulges in excess sexual acts and ultimately suffers from V.D. If Shani aspects he lives away from his family and is poor.

If Budha is in Magha and is Associated with Ravi the native is cruel and causes maximum trouble to others. If Kuja aspects, he indulges in excess sexual acts and gets injured due to weapons. If Shani is in this Nakshatra and is Aspected by Ravi, the native will be a drunkard and a liar.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

PURVAPHALGUNI

Range / Zodiac position - 13Deg20 – 26Deg40Leo
Colour - Light Brown
Symbol - Swinging Hammock couch, two front legs of a Bed
Dasha Ruling Planet - Shukra
Gana - Manushya
Primary Motivation - Kama
Animal - Female Rat
Direction - North / Upwards
Qualities - Tamas / Rajas /Tamas
Diety - Bhaga, the God of fortune , Shiva linga
Activity - Balanced
Caste - Brahmana
Gender - Female
Nadi - Pitta
Nature - Ugra – Fierce and severe
Quality - Rajasic
Tatwa - Water
Body part - The lips, sex organs, and Right hand
Gotra- Sage Atri
Bird - Crow, Female eagle
Vedha - UttaraBhadra / Adambara Jeevana , ( shining on borrowed feathers , Showoff despite having nothing )
Tree Species - Palaasha

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 11 May 2011

All factors being equal - PURVA PHALGUNI

His mind will be full of disturbances with one matter or another. He cannot be a slave to anybody and because of this trait, it is quite often noticed that he will not take up a job which involves subordination in its true meaning. This is a major drawback of the native. He cannot be a 'Yes Master "even to his boss hence he is not able to derive much benefit from his superiors. They are happy idling about in the office and most of their efforts go into making themselves comfortable. They can be over achievers provided there is no physical work involved. They like to lead a luxurious life even if they can ill afford it. It’s one lazy Nakshatra.

The native has several hidden enemies. Such enemies stand as a main obstacle in the progress. He is a power monger and gives preference to the position and authority of a person, rather than that person’s money. He changes his job frequently. People who borrow money will not return that money back to him.

Natives born in this Nakshatra tend to be carefree, are disinclined to worry and like to rely on their luck. Such attitude fosters impetuousness and a lack of inertia, foresight and planning. The hammock which is this Nakshatras symbol suggest a certain inertia and therefore a inability to remain in motion or stay motivated for long, this may create an ongoing craving for stimulation . They have an impulsive mind which leads to regrettable action. There are chances that accidents can occur through fire or heat.

The shadow side of this Nakshatra is that they have drawing towards vanity narcissism and indulgence. An interest in black magic and Tantra may occur. The Nakshatra may be fierce or severe if afflicted. They crave change and exhibit an impulsive and disturbed mind. They crave stimulation and sensual excitement. A promiscuous nature with an addictive personality may result. A showy image that reflects arrogance and pride can be seen here. These people must learn to control their sensory attachments and cultivate generosity humility kindness and loyalty to those close to them.
Individuals born in this Nakshatra have a strong inclination to be noticed for what they are and what they do. This is the reason why they fall prey to pretentious behavior and attitudes. Learning things become difficult for them because they do not want to look beyond their own world, no matter how superficial it might be. If it was not for this Nakshatra the words “Vanity “and pompousness would not have existed. they are judgmental, intrusive intervene in others matters too much intolerant of others, war like and fierce when disturbed, not mindful of expenses, too sensitive depressed at their failings need a lord of approval reassurance .

They can be big showoff's . Its ok if they are good at what they are doing , if not , they look plain stupid with their self gloating .

It is a cruel Nakshatra and the natives are capable of carrying out ruthless acts when they are heavily influenced by this Nakshatra. Its cruelty usually comes out when its rest and relaxation or amusement is disturbed by an outside agency. They get easily hurt and get extremely vindictive over small issues. This is specially the case if they do not get enough attention from others, which they think they deserve in their own minds.
They are self obsessed and this usually makes them cruel or unnerving to their own children.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 12 May 2011

UTTARA PHALGUNI

Range / Zodiac position - 26Deg40Leo10.00Virgo
Colour - Bright Blue
Symbol - Bed or legs of a cot
Dasha Ruling Planet - Ravi
Gana - Manushya
Primary Motivation - Moksha
Animal - Male Cow - bull
Direction - East / Downwards
Qualities - Tamas / Rajas /Sattwa
Diety - Aryaman, god of patronage, son of Aditi
Activity - Balanced
Caste - Kshatriya
Gender - Female
Nadi - Vata
Nature - Druva - Fixed
Quality - Rajasic
Tatwa - Fire
Body part - The lips sex organs and the left hand
Gotra- Sage Pulasthya
Bird - Krowncha
Vedha - Poorva-bhadrapada - arrogant behaviour
Tree Species - Bamboo