Mysteries of 8th house

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
majestik108
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Mysteries of 8th house

Post by majestik108 » 12 Nov 2018

8th lord in the 3rd in Taurus with Ketu here.

My experience with it is that I love anything to do with the 8th house as the 3rd is the mind so much of my thinking revolves around 8th house themes.

It's a very chaotic energy, and I would say represents what most people consider to be what is 'destructive' far more than the 6th or 12th house, but I feel like the chaotic energy creates an inclination in one to explore one's mind deeper in a quest for finding stability, which can be through spirituality.

Interesting house.

loverofnature
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by loverofnature » 01 Dec 2018

I know someone who has Moon, Venus and Ketu in 8th house Scorpio. He has no father, lives alone in a foreign country, had an affair with a married woman - they cohabited together while her husband lived abroad, the women he lived with practices black magic, he is a doctor, interested in anything to do with penetration, but also practices celibacy for the longest periods, lots of sudden transformations (good and bad), chronic liar and cheater.

MorganaLeFay
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by MorganaLeFay » 12 Dec 2018

I like this thread.
I have the sun and rahu (and chiron) in the 8th house. Pisces is the sign of my 8th house.
Jupiter , ruler of the 8th, is in the 2nd house in Virgo. I think this causes more problems for me.
I've always suffered from severe depression, and anxieties. People around me have always tried to undermine my life in different ways. I've always felt that people take an instant dislike to me, even though I am a very nice person, and I am very polite. It's been a life of many ups and downs.
But on the positive side, I have strong psychic abilities. I can sense what people are thinking and often I can finish a person's sentence before they do. I've been attracted to the more mysterious things in life and the occult. At a very young age I was practicing witchcraft and other magickal arts. These tings seem to come naturally. Unfortunately, there is always a sense of profound loneliness that accompanies this placement.
I feel like I'm really on my own in the end.

sammyho148
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sammyho148 » 12 Dec 2018

I think I am a living case study of the transformative effect of the 8th house and the effects it can bring on one's career.

I have L1 and L10 Jupiter in 8th, whenever Jupiter AD has come there has been a proactive transformation in my line of work, I am in fact undergoing one right now. Based on what I have experienced seen so far, there is always a trade off involved whenever the 8th house beneficial effects are to be experienced.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 12 Dec 2018

You have ,obviously, Jupiter the 8th lord retrograde.

king
Contributor
Contributor

Post by king » 12 Dec 2018

I have Saturn and Rahu in 8th house Leo.I am a capricorn ascendant.I have experienced mixed things.
My son,virgo asc has moon in 8th house (gemini).He is super sensitive ,delicate and find it hard to express his emotions.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

King, You may check again the chart of your son, his moon is either in the 8th house or gemini for virgo ascendent.

sammyho148
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sammyho148 » 12 Dec 2018

@revribhav

No, Jupiter is not retrograde in my chart. Lord of 8th and 3rd Venus is in 6th in Leo with no aspects. There are no aspects on Jupiter either (I know piece meal standalone planet information like this is tough to interpret)

I have been an astrology enthusiast for some time but never had the opportunity to get to the next level of study. It is only over the past 6-7 months since my Jupiter AD with Moon MD began that I am spending time studying and reading charts in addition to the career related activities that I am indulging in. Jupiter AD so far has triggered a tangible interest in astrology and enough motivation to execute on my plan of being on my own and not depend on a regular corporate job any more.

king
Contributor
Contributor

Post by king » 12 Dec 2018

mistake...8th house is Aries and Moon sitting there in Bharani nakshthra
17 july 2009 (11.42 am, ernakulam).He is young so I dont wish to go in to deeper wrt his horoscope but there is some connection with Moon and his delicate nature.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Jupiter being retrograde was addressed to MorganaLeFay

A person with a planet that influences 8th house may feel like one with a boat sailing against the wind.

[quote=MorganaLeFay post_id=274348 time=1544629305 user_id=21099]
I like this thread.
I have the sun and rahu (and chiron) in the 8th house. Pisces is the sign of my 8th house.
Jupiter , ruler of the 8th, is in the 2nd house in Virgo. I think this causes more problems for me.
I've always suffered from severe depression, and anxieties. People around me have always tried to undermine my life in different ways. I've always felt that people take an instant dislike to me, even though I am a very nice person, and I am very polite. It's been a life of many ups and downs.
But on the positive side, I have strong psychic abilities. I can sense what people are thinking and often I can finish a person's sentence before they do. I've been attracted to the more mysterious things in life and the occult. At a very young age I was practicing witchcraft and other magickal arts. These tings seem to come naturally. Unfortunately, there is always a sense of profound loneliness that accompanies this placement.
I feel like I'm really on my own in the end.
[/quote]

MorganaLeFay
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by MorganaLeFay » 13 Dec 2018

[quote=revribhav post_id=274365 time=1544639248 user_id=1178]
You have ,obviously, Jupiter the 8th lord retrograde.
[/quote]

Yes, I do have Jupiter Retrograde in the 2nd house.
That is very wise of you to know that.

Thank you

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 13 Dec 2018

when 8th house has connection to a retrograde planet, the intensity of planet's effect gets amplified due to chestabala caused by virtue of being retrograde.