Saturn and Moon in mutual aspect

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
harih
Contributor
Contributor
Saturn and Moon in mutual aspect

Post by harih » 01 Nov 2010

I think this matter has been discussed here earlier, but as it's truly fascinating to me, thought of posting my experiences here. Hope there'd be some inputs from others who have a similar combination (even if it's only Saturn aspecting moon)

In my chart Saturn in 8th powerfully aspects Moon in 2nd. I have Sagittarius lagna with LL Jupiter weak in the 6th house. Saturn is the strongest in shadbala.

Some of the effects that I might ascribe to the Saturn Moon Parivartana are

1) Very detached mindset to material possessions. Many times I tend to feel like 'even if I lost everything, and everyone, it's still ok, I can hold on, and carry on with life'
2) Emotionally detached to insults & humiliation from all quarters (which I had to face many times in life). When I'm humiliated, at the moment I just feel a kind of 'cool acceptance - like, is that all? Let me move on'. But after a while I start thinking, should I have retaliated in some way - now this could put me into a depressive state.
3) Despite the above, Mental Depression - triggered by even small events - that could last for several days together. The mental dullness can be very deep, and powerful. Am just unable to concentrate on anything else, unable to listen to anyone even for a few minutes together, it's a feeling as if 'the mind is dead, and I'm virtually dead too'. But, I have found chanting Vishnu Sahasranam with the fingers in Jnana mudra has helped me overcome this depressive mindset quickly.
4) Can reach high levels of self discipline and hard work - to the extent of an extreme workaholic - not always but when certain tasks 'seizes me'
5) Highly introverted and unable to connect with others - despite trying hard myself it feels as if others see me as different and move away from me
6) A dreamer from childhood - with a rich inner world
7) Worries and anxieties constantly gnawing at my mind... leaving no peace eventhough logically thinking, the worries have no basis . Chanting hanuman chalisa has helped me overcome this problem somewhat
8) Even when adverse events happen in life - a feeling of surrender - that 'this is all i DESERVE, anyway' comes easily, which gives me peace and acceptance

Let me know if you have similar experiences....

wsb
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Saturn and Moon in mutual aspect

Post by wsb » 03 Jan 2012

I have almost the same thing. if someone can find me some remeides highly appreciated.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 03 Jan 2012

Dear harih & wsb

It really need to a courage to share all these personal experiences. I want to know where is your Mars & Ketu posited?
Sh KN Rao Says "Moon in the sign of Sat aspected by Mars" (or viceversa) is a good combination for spiritual progress. Secondly it Ketu is in 12th from Lagna or Karankshma it's a sure sign of moksha.

Whatever you shared is not good from materialistic world but for inner world this state is a bliss. My humble opinion is that you shd recite Maha mrityuanjaya Mantra (108 times along with its beej mantra). Its such a power mantra that creates miracles.

God bless you
Neeraj

roy_debraj1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by roy_debraj1 » 03 Jan 2012

In case of Saturn and moon mutual aspect the persons worries and becomes tensed for very small reason and sometimes for no reason.
Another thing: they generally exp a late marriage.

Thanks,
Debraj.
<a href="https://blog.astrologylover.com">astrology</a>

Narayan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Narayan » 03 Jan 2012

Respected Harihi ji:

Can you please post your birth details along with P.O.B. AND T.O.B. if possible.

Regards

Narayanan

Hari76

Post by Hari76 » 21 Feb 2012

Dear Narayanji,

I missed this thread awhile and just chanced to see your post while searching for some info...

Hari
Last edited by Hari76 on 27 Apr 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Satya
Donor
Donor

Post by Satya » 22 Feb 2012

[quote="Dr Neeraj"]Dear harih & wsb

It really need to a courage to share all these personal experiences. I want to know where is your Mars & Ketu posited?
Sh KN Rao Says "Moon in the sign of Sat aspected by Mars" (or viceversa) is a good combination for spiritual progress. Secondly it Ketu is in 12th from Lagna or Karankshma it's a sure sign of moksha.

Whatever you shared is not good from materialistic world but for inner world this state is a bliss. My humble opinion is that you shd recite Maha mrityuanjaya Mantra (108 times along with its beej mantra). Its such a power mantra that creates miracles.

God bless you
Neeraj[/quote]

I have Moon in Makara (6th house) aspected by Mars from Tula (3rd house), Saturn from 12th and Jupiter from 10th. Moon in same sign and Mars, Saturn aspects repeated in navamsa too. I don't know about spiritual progress but I have the intention surely. Although I keep trying for regular spiritual practices it is not easy for me to stick to the practices. Too much wandering mind, with so many planets influencing Moon. Hope I will see some progress soon. Moon being in Saturn's sign I don't give up on anything once I decide to pursue it.

I found Maha mrityunjaya Mantra japam to be very effective in keeping my mind peaceful. Just one week practice and I could see the result. Of course, I am sure it is same for anyone even if they have this combination or not.

thnks,
Satya

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 22 Feb 2012

Dear Satya
Moon in the sign of Sat & aspected by Mars or vice versa is one of the combination for spirituality.
Others are Ketu in 12th from Lagna or Arudh lagna. Ketu is 12H aspected by Jup is again a gud indicator.

MM Mantra is very powerful and I've seen wonders by its proper recitation. Do carry on for 21 days then it'll become a part of your routine.

God bless you
Neeraj

Sunjit86
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sunjit86 » 22 Feb 2012

Hi Harih,

Good stuff. i would say i suffer 90% of the exact conditions that you have stated above. the other 10% is the anger and ego part which clouds my mind when i "feel" i get humiliated.

Moon is in Leo in the 3rd House with Saturn in the 6th House in Scorpio.

Saturn is in Kendra to Moon Lagna, and Saturn , if i am not mistaken has a natural 10th Aspect on the 3rd house i believe.

Note that i am a Gemini Ascendant, which makes me more susceptible to these kind of things. As a side note, the aggression and ego art probably comes from moon being in Leo and an Exalted Mars involved in a parivartana yoga, hence the temper.

Dr Neeraj,

As a side note, what about ketu 12th from Atmakaraka in the Rasi Chart? Moksha perhaps? =)

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 23 Feb 2012

@ dr Neeraj

What if Saturn and moon mutually aspect each other (7th aspect) and in kendras from each other 7-7 relationship ? What does this signify ?
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

harih
Contributor
Contributor

Post by harih » 23 Feb 2012

Dr Neeraj,

Thank you for the advice. I too have experienced the beneficial effects of MMantra. It is indeed Amrita for "mental mrityu".

The biggest obstacle when one is acutely depressed, is to PUSH oneself to try any remedy whatsoever. The feeling is really like death to one, absolutely hopeless. At that time I can't apply my mind to anything, let alone chants. I could never say "I tried this remedy, and feel sunny again". Most often it's time and the new experiences that it brings, that brings a change. I don't know how others feel. Nevertheless the responses already seen is so encouraging. If I am a neurotic to the real world, at least I have company here :P The solution I suppose is "Prevention better than cure" & make MMantra a daily practice.

Strangely whenever I start a day thinking "don't expect much from life, all these things supposedly required for a happy life, is meant for others, not for you, you DON'T DESERVE them" I not only do feel contented, I actually tend to experience some really good happenings that day.... :wink: It is a simplistic way out but does work and has happened not once or twice...many times!!

harih
Contributor
Contributor

Post by harih » 23 Feb 2012

Dr Neeraj,
There has been a bit of debate on the "bandhanaat" vs "bandhanaan". I am presently chanting it as Bandhanaat. However recently I read a message from Sri PVR Narasimha Rao (of Jhora) who advises that Bandhanaan is correct. So I'm confused. Could you kindly clarify.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 25 Feb 2012

Dear Sir

I cudn't trace the previous posting about this discussion.
However what i understand is you're talking about MM Mantra.
In Sanskrit, 5th vibhakti is for separation e.g. Ramat means something separated (away) from Ram.
Here Bandhanaat means away from bandhan.
Urwarukmiv bandhanat has following meaning:
Urvam- kakri ki blae ( i dnt know what it is called in eng)
iv- jis tarah (like that)
bandhanaat- is separated from its root

Mrityuamukshiye ma-amritaat

The way kakri ki bale is separated from its root (i.e. as soon as its ripe, in other words has completed its life, it is away from its root), similarly take me away from the mouth of death, BUT not from the amrit.

Plz focus of the last word its ma-amritaat.

So I feel it shd be Bandhanaat.

God bless you
Neeraj

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 25 Feb 2012

Dear Hari

See whether this explanation helps you

Understanding the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra

It is important to understand the meaning of the words as this makes the repetition meaningful and brings forth the results.
OM is not spelt out in the Rig-Veda, but has to be added to the beginning of all Mantras as given in an earlier Mantra of the Rig-Veda addressed to Ganapati. This Mantra is given in the prayer page of my Book "Maharishi Jaimini's Upadesa Sutra".

TRYAMBAKKAM refers to the Three eyes of Lord Shiva. 'Trya' means 'Three' and 'Ambakam' means eyes. These three eyes or sources of enlightenment are the Trimurti or three primary deities, namely Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva and the three 'AMBA' (also meaning Mother or Shakti' are Saraswati, Lakshmi and Gouri. Thus in this word, we are referring to God as Omniscient (Brahma), Omnipresent (Vishnu) and Omnipotent (Shiva). This is the wisdom of Brihaspati and is referred to as Sri Duttatreya having three heads of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.

YAJAMAHE means, "We sing Thy praise".
SUGANDHIM refers to His fragrance (of knowledge, presence and strength i.e. three aspects) as being the best and always spreading around. Fragrance refers to the joy that we get on knowing, seeing or feeling His virtuous deeds.
PUSTIVARDHANAM: Pooshan refers to Him as the sustainer of this world and in this manner, He is the Father (Pater) of all. Pooshan is also the inner impeller of all knowledge and is thus Savitur or the Sun and also symbolizes Brahma the Omniscient Creator. In this manner He is also the Father (Genitor) of all.
URVAAROKAMEVA: 'URVA' means "VISHAL" or big and powerful or deadly. 'AAROOKAM' means 'Disease'. Thus URVAROOKA means deadly and overpowering diseases. (The CUCUMBER interpretation given in various places is also correct for the word URVAROOKAM). The diseases are also of three kinds caused by the influence (in the negative) of the three Guna's and are ignorance (Avidya etc), falsehood (Asat etc as even though Vishnu is everywhere, we fail to perceive Him and are guided by our sight and other senses) and weaknesses (Shadripu etc. a constraint of this physical body and Shiva is all powerful).
BANDANAAN means bound down. Thus read with URVAROOKAMEVA, it means 'I am bound down by deadly and overpowering diseases'.
MRITYORMOOKSHEYA means to deliver us from death (both premature death in this Physical world and from the neverending cycle of deaths due to re-birth) for the sake of Mokshya (Nirvana or final emancipation from re-birth).
MAAMRITAAT means 'please give me some Amritam (life rejuvinating nectar). Read with the previous word, it means that we are praying for some 'Amrit' to get out of the death inflicting diseases as well as the cycle of re-birth.

Regards
Ramanan

Hari76

Post by Hari76 » 05 Mar 2013

Dear Ramanan & Dr Neeraj

I somehow missed your replies as this thread was pushed down. Just chanced to see it.

Thank you for the explanation provided. I have been reciting MM Mantra with “bandhanaat“ and it has given me good results.

jolli
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by jolli » 05 Mar 2013

can we revive n have fresh perspective..... topic is very interesting....

ssid
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ssid » 18 Apr 2013

I have the exact same placement as harih. I have experienced all the things he describes but was also wanting to ask - for Saggi lagna, if moon-saturn are involved in parivartan (2-8) then don't they end up aspecting their own houses as well? I have been reading that a two planets involved in exchange and mutual aspect at the same time can give results that are equal to own house placements. Is this the case?

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 26 Jul 2020

Just thought of pushing up a 10 yr old post from yours truly....in case anyone'd like to add to it :)

padmanabhanravi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by padmanabhanravi » 26 Aug 2020

If Saturn is in vrishaba and moon in vrichika aspecting each other however nakshatra lord for Saturn is moon then will it change anything?

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 26 Aug 2020

Hi,

Vrischika Rashi happens to be the Neecha-Sthana or debilitation sign of Moon/Chandra and Vrishaba Rashi happens to be a Mitra-Sthana for Saturn/Shani-dev.

Now, along with Saturn/Shani-dev being posited in the Lunar Constellation of Rohini Nakshatra, ruled by Moon/Chandra, there is a possibility of Moon/Chandra being posited in the Lunar Constellation of Anuradha Nakshatra, ruled by Saturn/Shani-dev. And, we'll let you decide if/what will change/affect.

Sincerely...