Brahma, Rudra and Maheswara

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Brahma, Rudra and Maheswara

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 12 Jul 2010

Hi Learned Members

If you are using the JHora software (currently version 7.4), you will be able to obtain which are the planets in your chart that represent Brahma, Rudra and Maheswara. I would not go into the myths and legends of these as you most of yur would all already know and neither would I go through the computation since many articles on the web deal with that.

I just want to give my own simple views how these planets representing the three roles can afffect the fortunes of our chart.

Rudra is the destroyer. A planet which is already not beneficial for the chart (in terms of functional beneficience I am talking about) will be worse if it is Rudra.

Brahma is the creator. A planet that has signfications for creativity in your chart will you more creative if it is Brahma. If the planet represent signification for money, then if it is Brahma, money comes to you out of nowhere. You would not be want for keeps. But if the planet rules things like sickness, debts, enemies etc. then if it is Brahma, these malevolent happenings to you would also spring up out of nowhere. But Brahma has a benificent effect so there is always some gold at the end of the rainbow. After all Brahma is also the counsellor - as from the associated word Brahmins.

Maheswara is the liberator. If a planet has bondage significations in your chart, it would liberate you. If you have debts which is a kind of obligation (a financial one), this planet will liberate you. It will liberate you out of prejudism, out of anything bad. If a planet denotes expansionism, it will make the expansionism even greater. Maheswara will liberate you right up to the top of the sky and you will not fall back down to Earth with a thump.

Why not try it in your chart and see what kind of insight you can get out of it?

Regards

Hock Leong

spidey
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Brahma, Rudra and Maheswara

Post by spidey » 12 Jul 2010

Dear Khoo,
How do we find out the above from JHora ?
I have version 7.33

Thanks and regards,
Spidey
I am a student of this subject , and hence I might be wrong in my calculations. Kindly seek other opinions too , before coming to a conclusion.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dear Spidey

I am not sure for Jhora for 7.33 whether it has it. You can try just like what I do for Jhora for 7.4.

Under the longtitude and basic positions of planets window pane, do a right click of the mouse. Then choose Brahma, Rudra and Maheswara and the window pane changes to the information on which planet is your Brahma, Rudra and Maheswara.

In case the feature is not there for Jhora 7.33, you can do an update download to upgrade your version of Jhora.

For other readers, if you want to know which are your Brahma, Rudra and Maheswara planets you can ask me in this post.

Thanks.

Hock Leong

chaks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by chaks » 12 Jul 2010

But if the planet rules things like sickness, debts, enemies etc. then if it is Brahma, these malevolent happenings to you would also spring up out of nowhere. But Brahma has a benificent effect so there is always some gold at the end of the rainbow. After all Brahma is also the counsellor - as from the associated word Brahmins.
Hi Khoo!

I get Jupiter as my Brahma and I am running his dasa. He is the 6th and 9th lord. He lords sickness, debt and enemies apart from the auspicious 9th. Can I take it that he'll be beneficial overall?

spidey
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Hi Khoo,
Please could you tell me my Brahma , Rudra and Maheshwara , if I am not bothering you too much.

My details - ...........

Thanks and regards,
Spidey
Last edited by spidey on 12 Aug 2010, edited 1 time in total.
I am a student of this subject , and hence I might be wrong in my calculations. Kindly seek other opinions too , before coming to a conclusion.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Chaks

Although Jupiter is Moolatrikona for 6th house in your case, for me I consider it still as a first class beneifc (not a benefic with impurities as some astrologers would). That is, if you use the Bhava Bhatnam principle, the 9th house sits at a much higher hierarchy compared with the 6th house. That is why BPHS always consider trinal lords as beneficial irregardless where the Moolatriknona sign is.

Another point is that although astrologers like to separate the issue of natural benefics and natural malefics from the issue of functional benefics and functional malefics, in practice this is hard to accomplish as beneifics ruling malefic houses like 6th is not malefic enough so that if Vipareet Raja Yoga were to occur, we would discount them. So if Jupiter ruling the 6th goes to the 8th, we would not say there is a Vipareet Rajya Yoga since a benefic cannot knock hard on enemies' heads and turn the situation around completely. So all the more in your case Jupiter is beneifcial for your ascendant which is Cancer.

So Jupiter as Brahma brings out Jupiter's 9th house qualities which is your Guru characteristics in every sense of the word for a Cancer (yours) ascendant.

But let's say Jupiter only rules the 6th house, just assume. Being Brahma does it make worse or is it still OK? Well the Brahma planet will create anything whichever house it rules. We have not evolved to the stage of a saint where we create a near perfect world (or issues from a house) in the beginning sieving out the bad things. But the Brahmin planet is basically of a higher caste and is comfortable with work related to philosophical issues and counselling, thus it would try its best to resolve the problem. In your case, Jupiter is also from the Brahmin caste if you look at its natural attributes so it is perfectly suited for this role.

Hope the above answers your query.

Regards

Hock Leong
Last edited by Khoo Hock Leong on 12 Jul 2010, edited 2 times in total.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Spidey

Your Brahma, Rudra and Maheswara is as follows :

Brahma - Jupiter
Rudra - Mercury
Maheswara - Sun

Regards

Hock Leong

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 12 Jul 2010

Hi Khoo:

My Brahma and Rudra are both venus and Maheswara is Ketu. WHat is the significance of these, pl explain?

Dev 1-2-62 New Delhi 2.30am

chaks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by chaks » 12 Jul 2010

Thank you very much Khoo. You have explained it very nicely. I am relieved to note that Jupiter is a wonderful benefic for me.

spidey
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Thanks so much Khoo !

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Dev

Ketu fits the role of Maheswara perfectly because in mythical lore, Mahesware has to dissolve the old world and begin the new world because the former has too much evil in it so if man continue to inhabit the old world, there would be a lot of suffering. So Ketu being a planet involve in enlightenment through the dissolution of desires both good and bad from this current world, fits this role perfectly.

But you must note the positions of Ketu in your chart. According to BPHS, Ketu functions well in Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius or Pisces but there are further qualifications (see below). Witchcracft, trouble to enemies and moksha come under Ketu so if Ketu is Maheswara, it means you would always be one up against your enemies. You would also come out better for any conflicts or intrigues. Charms and amulets can also be used generously against enemies. Ketu should preferably be in an angular house dispositing a trinal lord (by sign or constellation) or vice versa. Ketu dispositing the Dusthana and Maraka houses gives generally bad results. Ketu with a natural beneficial planet would give very good results to the affairs of the house ruled by the beneficial planet.

All the aforesaid mentioned beneficial aspects of Ketu would be more certain if it is a trinal lord ruling the 5th or the 9th house.

Venus is both Rudra and Brahma. Venus is also a planet from the Brahmin caste though not like Jupiter. Its advice is based more on practical social wisdom rather than Dharma precepts. Rudra is destroyer and Brahma is creater. The houses ruled by Venus in your chart would constantly be under re-make giving no time for Brahma side of Venus to perfect the creation. It can be very pressurising and morally very self-defeating. The houses ruled by Venus in your chart is the 12th and the 7th house. Happiness in marriage (7th house) or seeking self-enlightenment (12th house) would constantly be a struggle for you.

Regards

Hock Leong

spidey
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Dear Khoo,
What is the significance of Mercury as a Rudra in my case ?
Please could you throw some light on this ?

Thanks and regards,
Spidey

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dear Khoo:

You have explained in depth very clearly, many thanks for the nice and informative explanation. I am happy atleast ketu is doing well and would help me win over enemies and it is most important being Maheswara. Anyway as you said, in the other part there would be struggle, it is definitely there, I want to get married and I want to become religious and do tapas and each of these attempts halts progress in the other. I am not able to choose one over the other.

Dev

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dear Khoo:

I am sorry to bother you again.

Again I tried with other people I knew and finally came to my chart again. Now I found a different combination of mars, mercury and mercury. Sorry for the lapse, which is right? If this is right, what does it indicate. Why Jhora gives different ones at different times, what would have happened?
Which is the correct one for me?
Dev 1-2-62, New Delhi 2.3oam

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dear Dev

As the computation for Maheswara, Brahma and Rudra depends on the signs on the houses, times do count. Different times do indicate different planets that are going to be Maheswara, Brahma and Rudra.

So your Brahma is Mars. It denotes energy in creation. Mars ruling your 1st and 6th houses it means you would brook no interference from others where your work is concerned. You must accomplish something. And you know how to tackle your enemies if they obstruct your path towards your goal.

Of all the three roles : Vishnu for sustaining, Brahma for creation and Maheswari for liberation, Mars fits the least comfortably as Brahma. Creation requires some creativity and patience and Mars has none of these - incidentally all malefics do poorly when placed in the 5th house, so they do poorly as Brahma. But Mars being the 6th house lord is good as the 6th house firery and aggressive temperament is in tandem with Mars firery and energetic behaviour. Mars ruling the ascendant shows you always seek to create something better in your work, notwithstanding your impatience.

Mercury is good as Maheswara. Mercury's thirst for knowledge is in accord with the Maheswara's role because you must have knowledge to know when the world has outworn its useful life and is in need of being destroyed and re-created again. It signifies a person who is above his prejudices. However, It rules the 8th and the 11th so it is considered a malefic for a Scorpio Ascendant. Your ideas, communication and tempo has to be constrained to bring the effectiveness of Mercury as the liberator as the 11th house is quite a strong Uppachya house. Combined with the 8th house rulership, sometimes the change may be to your own disavantage in the working environment (8th is the 3rd to your 6th so it rules your working environment).

The aforesaid mentioned negativity of Mercury is increased because Mercury is also Rudra the destroyer. Maheswara is also partly a destroyer in order to liberate one from uncongenial surroundings so you must be careful where Mercury activities are concerned that you do not throw the baby out together with the bathtub water.

Regards

Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Spidey

You have exactly the same Ascendant (Scorpio) as Dev and also has Mercury as Rudra like him (after clearing the first mix-up). So you will have the same effects like him. Both of you also have Mercury in the 3rd - talk about co-incidences.

But your Mercury is not Maheswari so you have one less headache - you do not have to monitor which are the good functions of Mercury as Maheswari and which are bad functions of Mercury as Rudra. Look through the post just before this for Dev.

So do keep a lookout on all Mercury activities (especially 3rd house ones) that they do leave you burning the bridges behind you. But Venus is friend to Mercury and would calm somewhat Mercury's think and speak first and regret later. Mercury in the sign of Saturn also help and so does it being in an Appoklima house - not so strong as when it is placed in Angular house.

Regards

Hock Leong

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 13 Jul 2010

Dear Khoo:

very well interpreted, it is very interesting reading your post. I have to be careful wrt mercury, he being Rudra and Maheswara. OK, I will try to be though sometimes my mind goes out of control and I dont listen to myself too.

Dev

spidey
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by spidey » 13 Jul 2010

Dear Khoo,
Thanks for a wonderful explanation !

Cheers,
Spidey

ranjan.75
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ranjan.75 » 13 Jul 2010

Hi Khoo,
Please could you tell me my Brahma , Rudra and Maheshwara.

My details - 16th September 1975 , 02.15 A.M., Tehri Garhwal, Uttrakhand, India

Thanks and regards,
Ranjan.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 13 Jul 2010

Hi Ranjan

They are :

Brahma - Sun
Rudra - Sun
Maheswari - Venus

Regards

Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 15 Jul 2010

Hi

There is one more further step of analysis you can do with regards to the placement of Rudra.

See which element of the sign in which Rudra is placed. Let's say in my case it is Saturn which is posited in Capricorn. It is placed in an Earth sign in the 7th house. Then all the Earth elements which fall in my Air houses can be considered to be degenerated as the years roll by. There is a Hindi term for this. They are supposed to represent the three prong trident of Rudra.

Thus in my case, my relationships with people, for example would somewhat suffer (note that releationships and getting fame is two different things, fame is related more to the Dharma (Fire) and Atma (Earth) houses). The Air houses also relate to trading and business. Thus business is not supposed to my cup of tea either. And because the elements involved are Earth houses, my professional success would also go downhill or at the best just remain stagnant.

Regards

Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 15 Jul 2010

Hi

This then leads to the next step. Find the trinity (or trinities) of houses where it is the best (this depends on your Rudra placement). This means Rudra is not placed in of the houses in this particular trinity (or trinities) AND the signs' element superimposed on this (or these) trinity (or trinities) of houses does not correspond to the trinity of house where your Rudra is placed.

For example, again my case, the only trinity of houses that satisfy the above is my Dharma trinity of houses (1st, 5th and 9th). Rudra is not placed in any of them. The sign superimposed on them is also the water signs which correspond to the Moksha houses and neither is Rudra placed there. Thus you can see in my case my Dharma houses is the strongest. Luck is with me throughout life. My moral principles are also strong.

Regards

Hock Leong
Last edited by Khoo Hock Leong on 16 Jul 2010, edited 1 time in total.

vairagya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vairagya » 15 Jul 2010

dear khoo,

you continue to surprise me..and i am sure everybody in this forum.

sitting in singapore, with no knowledge of our language in india you use and write about BRAHMA,MAHESWARA,RUDRA.
These are typical mythological words whose true meaning even most indians arent aware of...

and your writeups and analysis on vedic astrology are many times spot on.. atleast in my case i found out everything to
be true.
I was surprised by your analysis on my business prospects in one of the posts and especially where you told
me that i am highly secretive about my business plans until the point where i have planned everything to the last point...this is something not even my partners know...Even though they eventually get to know the plans when i put infront of them after
many months of research.

anyways,
please let me know rudra,maheswara and brahma in my case and what do they imply in my chart...

D.O.B.21 FEBRUARY,1973
MUMBAI
TIME:13-55 MALE

I might visit singapore soon and would love to meet you,if you can spare some time.

hugs and love
vairagye

chaks
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by chaks » 15 Jul 2010

dear khoo,

you continue to surprise me..and i am sure everybody in this forum.

sitting in singapore, with no knowledge of our language in india you use and write about BRAHMA,MAHESWARA,RUDRA.
These are typical mythological words whose true meaning even most indians arent aware of...
Spot on Vairagya. I am amazed too at his knowledge of vedic astrology and our mythology given his background. You are doing wonderful work Khoo. Keep it up.

Regards,

chaks

kabir
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kabir » 15 Jul 2010

Dear Khoo,

In my case i found Brahma: Mars (3rd and 10th lord)
Rudra: Jupiter (2nd and 11th lord)
Maheshwara: Moon (6th lord)

what is the significance can you please explain.

DOB:29th April 1984, TIME: 02:29 am, Place: Amreli, Gujarat, India.

Thanks and regards.