Understanding Relationships, Weddings and Marriages

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Spring
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Understanding Relationships, Weddings and Marriages

Post by Spring » 28 Jul 2011

Hi Shrikanthji
7th lord in 2nd associated with wealth is in the Rasi chart. 7th lord in 2nd in Navamsa - will not bore well for the first marriage.
Having the 7L in 2H in the D9 chart is not conducive for the marriage surviving?. Why is it so. In my case I have the 7L in 2H in both rasi & navamsa? The 7L in D9 is AK in D1.
What could it point towards?

Rgds
Spring

Spring
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Spring » 03 Aug 2011

Thanks Shrikanthji

psha85
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by psha85 » 04 Aug 2011

Shal, that's a really good question.. I am also wondering the same thing about exalted malefics placed either 2nd, 7th, or 8th from UL. Hoping Shrikanth ji can shed some light on this :)

*Pooja*

rvenkats
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rvenkats » 11 Aug 2011

Dear Shrikanth-ji,

Can you give a general picture of how marriage looks for this placement?

Rasi:
Lagna - Kumbha with Guru
Meenam - A10
UL - Mesha with Sa & A7
Kataka - Ra
Simha - Chandran
Kanya - Ma with A6
Dhanus - Me, Su, A8 and AL
Makara - Ve, Ke

Navamsa:
Lg - Dhanus
Makara - A6, A10
Meena - Ra, Ve
Mesha - A7, Sa
Rishabha - Me
Mithuna - Ju
Kanya - AL, Ma, Mo, Ke
Thula - Su
Vrichikam - A8

Regards.

2002diksha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by 2002diksha » 14 Aug 2011

respected sir,
i view of the ongoing discussions i have some questions.
-what happens when UL has saturn for libra lagna and second to UL has exalted jupiter.
-the navamsa of the same chart contains combination of planets ketu and venus in first house while seventh house has eaxlted rahu and mercury. mercury is in its own house and venus is in the friendly house of sagi.
thanks

rvenkats
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rvenkats » 14 Aug 2011

Dear Shrikanth-ji,

I have sent you the details to your email. Hopefully you can get more specificity from that. Is there any implication in general about UL and A7 being in the same house?

Regards,
Venkat

psha85
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by psha85 » 15 Aug 2011

Shrikanth ji, you mention that Jupiter is Venus' worst enemy.. how is this possible when Venus becomes exalted in Pisces, Jupiter's own sign? I have never heard that Venus is inimical to Jupiter so more insight on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

*Pooja*

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 15 Aug 2011

I have 4 planets (benefics) in second from UL, which also happen to 8th from AL and I have an exalted planet in UL, what does that imply?

DOB: 27-11-82
TOB: 10:50 am (GMT + 3)
POB: 18.55 South 47.31 East

Humannature

Post by Humannature » 12 Dec 2011

Shrikanth wrote:Dear All,

In the olden days the world of relationships, marriage, weddings were very simplistic and straightforward - nowadays this have evolved so much there is so many variations to relationships - including concepts of dating, living together, extramarital affairs, illicit relations etc.,

A relationship that last less than 1 yr is mostly considered to be a temporary one and should be mostly seen from the A7, Permanent ones are mostly to be seen from the UL.

When one marriage ends the next marriage (or the potential for the next) is seen from the 8th from the UL. The next one begins where the first ends. As one can see if there are multiple malefics influencing the 2nd from UL1 (UL1 now indicates first marriage) - there is a strong possibility that these malefics are now in the 7th from the UL2 - this we find that 2nd marriages are not so easy to come by - take very long time and labored

Hope this helps
Shrikanth
Shrikanth ji,
As usual a very detailed and great post.
I have a question regarding the ones in bold.
If relationships are not simple as they used to be, the separation is also not simple in most cases.
Let's say two married people are living separately, but they haven't officially divorced each other yet.
in such a case how do we or for that matter the palnets know that the relationship ended..
When does a relationship end?
Just as being in a relationship for over a year shows up in the chart though not married officially because of the feelings involved, will the relationship be considered as "not ended" as long as one or both of them are emotionally still involved?

Thanks

psha85
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by psha85 » 13 Dec 2011

Shrikanth ji .. on the same note of upapada lagna, i was wondering if the period of 2nd and 8th to UL would signal some sort of problems or separation in the relationship if the UL itself had longevity (and would transits of Mars, Rahu/Ketu or Saturn also affect this?)? Similarly, would the period of UL lord bring about a reconciliation?

psha85
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by psha85 » 13 Dec 2011

Oh ok, thanks for the clarification.

Humannature

Post by Humannature » 13 Dec 2011

Shrikanth wrote:Dear Humannature,

In practical or real terms - it is close to impossible to say an exact moment when an relationship begins or even ends.
For example if two people are formally engaged but not married yet - there is an element of feelings, emotions and attachment between them, a chemistry begins to develop and grows.

On the same token when two people are planning to divorce - there is again an chemistry of emotions, feelings and some sense of attachment that still exists even as they are separated or well past after the court order or divorce papers.

I believe in Astrology in this regard Arudha Padas - Upapada lagna and A8 in Navamsa - track the official begin and end dates may be as signaled by events or documents. The houses or periods of house lords will provide elements of emotions, mental conditions, forces in effect.

We can combine these two (Arudha Padas and houses) and paint a rough picture of the marital life for the native.

Hope I answered your question.

Regards
Shrikanth

Thank You

kiran

Post by kiran » 14 Dec 2011

Hi Shrikanth,
In studying the placement of the UL which chart would you consider either D1 or D9. In the above chart I see UL in 2nd house in D1 from lagna and 8th house in D9 from lagna. Its due the presence of Mars in 8th house(Maleific) along with UL in D9 causing some hardship after marriage, from this how would you determine the social position of the person and the attributes that govern. What kind of information do we get from UL of D1 and if there is no planets along with UL in D1 as in this chart,how would we conclude about the aspecting planets.
Regards

DOB: 28TH JANUARY 1986 (GREGORIAN), TOB: 12:55PM, SEX: MALE, POB: TIRUPATI, INDIA
Last edited by kiran on 14 Dec 2011, edited 1 time in total.

roy_debraj1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by roy_debraj1 » 14 Dec 2011

Shrikant Sir,

I have a query..

suppose sun is the UL lord and placed 7th to the UL..then who will be the opposing force ?

as per karka, the father or as per lordship the partner ?

Thanks,
Debraj.

rakeshramesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rakeshramesh » 14 Dec 2011

respected srikanthji ,
i have 4 planets in 2nd house from Upapada lagna ...my dob is aug 19 1989 chennai 10:52 am ...n in my navamsa i have saturn and mars in 7th house ...can u explain how it will affect me ??

kiran

Post by kiran » 14 Dec 2011

Thanks Shrikanth

roy_debraj1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by roy_debraj1 » 14 Dec 2011

Shrikant sir,

Thanks for your reply...as per UL lord it is denoting partner and as per karaka it is denoting father figure..so father figure from partners family..have i understood it correctly ?

Thanks,
Debraj.

psha85
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by psha85 » 14 Dec 2011

Shrikanth ji, many thanks for clarifying all these points .. I was wondering a lot of these same things. One question about UL in D1 and D9: you mention about the dharmic force carrying the marriage.. could you explain further what you mean by that? Thanks!

smartchap

Post by smartchap » 14 Dec 2011

Dear Sir,

Thanks for starting this thread and helping amateurs like me to actually be able to analyse upto some extent!

Sir i have few questions..as you have mentioned that A7 indicates what kind of people one associates... so then what association does saturn indicate??
I found multiple options: 1.people who handle positions of responsibility (like surgeons, policemen)
2. hermits/ spiritual ppl
3. foolish people
4.miners or people related to digging activity..
I guess this must depend on the strength of saturn? like whether it is exalted or in deb??

again when we relate planets like..sun - fatherly figure, venus - spouse, saturn - i just could not find...

Now coming to my chart, i found that my 7L(rasi) :mercury & A7 lord:venus both are placed in UL(leo) and jupiter's 9th aspects on UL...is there anything specific you would like to say about this placement??

Warm regards.

smartchap

Post by smartchap » 14 Dec 2011

Sir,

There is no planet in virgo..nor any aspect.. so a dead end for me to read anything into it! my AL is virgo and
in navamsa, virgo is the 5H with mercury in it(own house)

Saturn is really a big thing...so many type of associations!..really difficult to interpret...
I have saturn in A7(libra)...it is exalted..

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 14 Dec 2011

What does it mean when AL and UL are in same house in D9?

rakeshramesh
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rakeshramesh » 15 Dec 2011

dear srikanathji,
thanks a lot for the prediction ... i have a query regarding my navamsa chart sir ...
if u notice 2 planets(venus and sun) are exalted ....2 planets (jupiter and moon) in their own house ..mars in varagottama and parivarthana yoga between sun and mars ...but iam a rookie in astrology ..can u tell me the overall effects ??? my dob is aug 19 1989 chennai 10:52 am .....

Baby lotus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Baby lotus » 15 Dec 2011

Hi..all! cud u pls tel me the effect of moon in 2nd to UL, in gemini and aspctd by saturn and mars...8th to UL is saturn and mars in saggitarius...(dob 26.02.88, pob Quilon,kerala, tob 10.40am).
regards
infinite...inscrutable...ineffable

Baby lotus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Baby lotus » 15 Dec 2011

Hi..all! cud u pls tel me the effect of moon in 2nd to UL, in gemini and aspctd by saturn and mars...8th to UL is saturn and mars in saggitarius...AL and A7 in leo.(dob 26.02.88, pob Quilon,kerala, tob 10.40am).
regards

Baby lotus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Baby lotus » 16 Dec 2011

And what wil be the features of my prospective spouse...job..time of marriage...respected members, could u please