Understanding Relationships, Weddings and Marriages

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Satya
Donor
Donor

Re: Understanding Relationships, Weddings and Marriages

Post by Satya » 14 Mar 2010

Dear Shrikanth,

Thanks for a nice summary - all the points at one place.

[quote]7th lord in 8th is usually considered very good and auspicious unless afflicted. [/quote]

I thought 8th is a maraka for 7th and hence 7th lord in 8th normally means divorce/seperation if other factors indicate the same in the chart.

- Satya

Satya
Donor
Donor

Shrikanth,

[quote]Planets in the 7th also indicates opposition forces to this marriage.[/quote]

You said planets 7th from UL indicate opposition, but what if UL lord itself is in 7th from UL?

I have UL in Aries, and AL in Libra and Libra is with Venus, Mars and Rahu. Does that mean UL lord and AL lord oppose the marriage - lord of upapada represents family or native? And what does it mean to have both UL lord and AL lord together?

I have also read that break of a upapada leads to break/challenges in all other significations of planets in 2nd house from that particular upapada. Say Venus is in 2nd from UL and Venus rules 10H in your chart, first marriage breakup leads to a break in career as well. Did I get it right?

I have "all" the malefics aspecting UL in my Rasi chart and 2nd from UL has Jupiter (R). My first relationship had all the pains you have mentioned for Rahu, Saturn, Mars and Ketu and I could not break it however hard I tried for the last 5 years.

- Satya

Satya
Donor
Donor

Thanks, Shrikanth.

Not many speak of upapada when talking about marriage and your posts have been most helpful in understanding the concept.

Again, when you say 7th lord in 8th protects the marriage, who does that signify - is it the spouse working hard to keep it intact?

Is there any way to look at timing for each relationship by using UL - commencement and breakup? I read some where upapada or planets in upapada represents the physical person coming into your life. So do we take the time this person appears in front of you as commencement of that UL or is it the time you decide being serious about it as a relationship - say a formal engagement or oral commitment? Do we use normal Vimsottari and look for dasa of UL and UL lord or depositor or UL lord?

Fortunately or unfortunately, mine is not a marriage. I waited for marriage for more than 4 years and decided to move on although it is being difficult to do so now in practicality. Of course, I cannot see anything related to 2nd (Jupiter or 10H) or 8th (Scorpio or 4H) in this UL break off as of now.

- Satya

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » 19 Mar 2010

Shrikanth ji,
Planets in 7H shows what you are looking for in your partner and 7H in Navamsa shows what you actually get after the wedding
bills are paid.
Is it reasonable to assume that the spouse's lagna will be either the sign in 7th in Navamsha or sign owned by the same lord?

CRS
CRS

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » 20 Mar 2010

Thanks Shrikanth ji.

Does not seem to work in my case, probably inaccurate birth data. My UL is Vi with Me in Aq. My wife's As is Sc.
My wife's UL is Cn with Mo in Le, while my lagna is Ge.
Let me see what other members have experienced.

Thanks
CRS
Last edited by lovacrs on 21 Mar 2010, edited 1 time in total.
CRS

ami26
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ami26 » 23 Mar 2010

Shrikanth ji,

[quote]Planets in the 7th also indicates opposition forces to this marriage[/quote]

I have 7th lord Sun placed in the 7th from UL (Taurus 4th house). What does this mean? Would the 7th lord oppose marriage? I had read somewhere that the Sun is not considered a malefic for the UL? UL lord Venus is placed in the 8th from UL. I am not married..want to get married but things are not materializing..

Thank you,
Aparna

ami26
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ami26 » 23 Mar 2010

Thank you for your reply Shrikanth ji. Your posts are always helpful and so interesting!!

[quote]So Sun in the 7th is not so inauspicious. If he's highly afflicted consider him to cause some damage.[/quote]

The sun is aspected by Mars and Saturn from 7th and 8th house respectively. So would it be considered as somewhat afflicted to cause damage/delays in this case? Sorry if my questions appear silly, I am just a learner.. :)

Spring
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Spring » 18 Apr 2010

Hi Shrikanthji /others

How do we calculate / arrive at the Upapada Lagna ?

Rgds
Spring

Spring
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Spring » 20 Apr 2010

Thanks Shrikanthji I have managed to calculate my UL

I was wondering if apart from 7th from UL if 12th from UL could also be used to see as causing conflict to the marriage?

Comming to the planets in the 7H & owner of 7H do they define the area from which the oppostion is likely to come. (Eg Ma ( bro in law)/ Mo (mom in law)/ Su ( father in law)/Ve (sis in law). If this analogy is correct then what about Me /Ke & Ra? What do they denote?

I have another confusion
You wrote UL helps us understand the nature of our spouse
In my case my UL is Sc (4H) I have Ve(GK) & Me (AmK)in Sc
In the 5H I have Ma (AK) with Su(DK)
Me gives a childish nature & Ve gives appeciation for all the finer things in life,but since im a leo asc I thought my spouse would have all the saturine qualities & be a traditionalist who would have no love for the good life.

Would appreciate your comments.

Rgds
Spring

psha85
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by psha85 » 29 Apr 2010

Hi Shrikanth ji-

In my chart, my 2nd UL is Aries which has Mars and Rahu. This describes the person who I am considering for marriage now as his lagna is Aries, he is very high energy person (Mars) and dark-skinned and different race than myself (Rahu). The second to this UL is Taurus being ruled by exalted Venus in 9th house. However, the 8th to UL is Scorpio which has retrograde Saturn, and this is aspecting the second house from UL (Taurus). Does this mean that the marriage will go forward despite delays/obstacles in the beginning?

I am not sure if I have interpreted this correctly so any insight would be appreciated. My details are below if needed:

DOB: 17 March 1985
Time: 13.27
Place: Visalia, California - USA

Thanks & Regards,

*Pooja*

kunalbhardwaj27
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kunalbhardwaj27 » 03 May 2010

Dear Shrikanth ji,

Wat if UL is 7th From AL...... And if UL has rahu and UL is aspected by SUN,MERCURYAND KETU by their 7th aspect in rasi chart..
see in forest mummy duck is going to water pond for swimming means - daddy duck and baby ducks is going in the backside of mummy duck and jumping in water. Not looking this side not looking that side. Simply jumping.

-- Howzat

mannu21
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mannu21 » 24 May 2011

Shrikanth ji,

Thanks for this informative post.

Regards

Mannu
May Sai Bless All !

hemalsutaria

Post by hemalsutaria » 24 May 2011

Hello Shrikanji,

good post , pls analyse my sister in law chart.

Name : Jaina Shah

DOB : 11/06/1982

Time : 11.37 am

Place : Ahmedabad (Gujarat).

Waiting for ur reply

pls pls pls Help particularly second marraige

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 06 Jun 2011

'Trines to the lord of UL rule' worked on my spouse's chart, but not on mine :(

She's Virgo, with UL in 4th house (and AL in 10th) and Jupiter in 5th, Trines to the 5th house are Capricorn, Virgo and Taurus.

And I'm Capricorn! With UL in 10th house (and AL in 4th) with Venus in 11th, Trines to the 11th are Scorpio, Pisces, Cancer. But my wife is Virgo.

So I guess the rule doesn't always work. I will try looking at other charts though.

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 07 Jun 2011

Shrikanth ji,

Absolutely! Three of her planetary placement in D1 coincide with the placements of planets in my D9 when looking from the 7th Navamsha!

I will try looking at other couples' charts.

Thanks,

psha85
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by psha85 » 07 Jun 2011

I have seen the ULs adding up for one person and not the other, as well. Sometimes they even don't add up for both. But seeing the navamsa chart is a good method.. I have seen this for my parents' charts and they have a few planets which are in opposite signs to each other or similar placements (e.g. Sun and Saturn conjunction -- this occurs in rashi chart also).

One clarification tho: could it be said that the term "similar placements" would include those planets which are in signs of the same element and/or category (i.e. chara, sthira, dwisva-bhava)? For example, if in husband's chart Venus is in Gemini and in wife's rashi chart Venus is in Pisces, would that be termed as a similar placement?

Kindly clarify. Thanks!

Regards,

*Pooja*

rehr
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rehr » 18 Jun 2011

[quote="Shrikanth"]7th is house of opposition or challenges associated with this relationship/wedding.
If UL lord is there - then the partner is somewhat a barrier to this relationship. You'll need to bring your partner on board for a fruitful relationship.
same applies to AL - you yourself may be against or indecisive about this relationship.

Yes - 2nd from UL shows what else breaks when a marriage breaks or what else causes the marriage to break.
I remember seeing a case where a native's marriage broke after she had her second child ( and final child ) - the native's spouse
was involved in an extramarital relation with somebody else. The native's UL was in the 4H and 2nd from UL (5h) had 3 malefics Sat-Mars-Rahu
So when children were born (or during or around their birth), the marriage broke.
The same can be said about career or health or fortune etc.,

UL involved with all malefics makes the marriage painful - but dear Jupiter is holding the marriage together in the 2nd from UL.

Shrikanth

[quote="Satya"]Shrikanth,

[quote]Planets in the 7th also indicates opposition forces to this marriage.[/quote]

You said planets 7th from UL indicate opposition, but what if UL lord itself is in 7th from UL?

I have UL in Aries, and AL in Libra and Libra is with Venus, Mars and Rahu. Does that mean UL lord and AL lord oppose the marriage - lord of upapada represents family or native? And what does it mean to have both UL lord and AL lord together?

I have also read that break of a upapada leads to break/challenges in all other significations of planets in 2nd house from that particular upapada. Say Venus is in 2nd from UL and Venus rules 10H in your chart, first marriage breakup leads to a break in career as well. Did I get it right?

I have "all" the malefics aspecting UL in my Rasi chart and 2nd from UL has Jupiter (R). My first relationship had all the pains you have mentioned for Rahu, Saturn, Mars and Ketu and I could not break it however hard I tried for the last 5 years.

- Satya[/quote][/quote]

"The native's UL was in the 4H and 2nd from UL (5h) had 3 malefics Sat-Mars-Rahu"

Shrikanth, from the above statement does UL in in 4th H indicates extramarital relationship in general or this was only for this native ?

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kandhan » 24 Jul 2011

Shrikanthji

Padas are given more prominence in Jaimini System. can we also take rashi drshti into consideration?

"I've also noted that involvement of the 7L in the 2nd has mostly caused the native to gain from his/her spouse - the native's asset increases after marriage or the spouse itself is very supportive and is indeed an resource/asset to the Native." just a confirmation. this is in Rashi Chart?

Shrikanth wrote:Dear anxious2711,

Yes I accept. If you continue looking for this - you'll notice it working for one partner not the other.
This is more common in my research.

You can further look for each other's chart position based on the Navamsa 7th lords position.
Use your Navamsa 7th lord as lagna and the planet placement therefrom and you should see your wife Rasi chart from that viewpoint. It wont be identical but you may see some prominent elements.
Try this. Shrikanth

Is it possible to elaborate this with an example?
Nothing is free except God's Grace.

psha85
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by psha85 » 27 Jul 2011

Would graha drishti also be used with UL or is rashi drishti the only one? My UL has a lot of malefic influence on the UL itself, however 2nd to UL receives more benefic aspect/lordship both by rashi drishti and graha drishti.

And in regards to functional malefics, would Ketu be considered a malefic? I read somewhere that because it rules dharma it is seen as a benefic in regards to marriage. Is it true?

Please clarify. Thanks!

*Pooja*

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » 27 Jul 2011

Shirkanthji,

Can you please elaborate the connection between Moon and Accupuncture?

Thanks
CRS