Theory on debilitation and what actually causes Neechabhanga (A scientific view)

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
abruslep
Contributor
Contributor
Theory on debilitation and what actually causes Neechabhanga (A scientific view)

Post by abruslep » 22 Nov 2019

From my understanding of debilitated planets, they all tend to have a distinct aspect which hinders their performance. Debilitated planets have a filtering problem, and tend to over-engage on whatever criteria the planet in question revolves around. For example Mars in Cancer sees everything as an attack and is overly defensive. It has a hard time separating when to attack v.s. when to remain passive, so they tend to become defensive and lash out emotionally(or resort to escapism). Mercury in Pisces is over engaged on all of the details of the world, they see everything as a potential, and it sends their nervous system into a vigilant/neurotic state where nothing ever seems rooted. Venus in Virgo is attached to every single form of conflict and can't differentiate beauty from conflict(this causes two scenarios where the person will kind of dive into a life of every sort of conflict they can find.. or the reclusive.. everything sucks mentality... which depends on the placement of mercury). Long story short, all of these placements have something in common, they are overly engaged, can't filter,and notice the tiniest details in whatever domain is being viewed. Exalted planets probably have the least potential for change, but they are already inherently efficient.

When it comes to the human brain, most studies show the biggest portions of our learning come in childhood. Over time the brain grows more and more axon linkages in the brain.. and the brain becomes less neuroplastic and uses dendrites in how they learn new information. There are a few things that science has shown that can bring back the neuroplasticity that we have had in childhood, and all of them revolve around being engaged and focused. This is where I believe that debilitated planets have an advantage over all other positions... they have the potential to change and learn. Now of course, if there is no support in the chart to the debilitated planet, the person may just remain a mess when it comes to the domain of the debilitated planet. If the planet is supported though, I think debilitated planets can learn in their adult hood better than any other placements.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Theory on debilitation and what actually causes Neechabhanga (A scientific view)

Post by Dev » 24 Nov 2019

If one is poor in a particular subject compared to others, he will try to improve after advises from teachers and others and also on his own in order to get through. Also in life, if one is poor in one particular aspect, he improves with time after having a bad time. This is probably neecha bhanga which exists in most cases. Its extent varies though.

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Theory on debilitation and what actually causes Neechabhanga (A scientific view)

Post by hari766 » 24 Nov 2019

In my experience, the problems caused by the debilitated planets never cease to exist in life - however the planet causing neechabhanga will ensure that the problem is almost always managed and mitigated. There will be periods when the planet causing neechabhanga goes retrograde in transit, and thats when the person gets the stick and realises what a great mercy the neechabhanga was.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 24 Nov 2019

OK when moon is debilitated in lagna and lagna lord is exalted in 3rd, with no planets in kendra, is it the lagna lord causing neecha bhanga as said in a tamil version - neechan ninra rasi nathan atchi uchcham eridil neechabhanga raja yogam.

abruslep
Contributor
Contributor

Post by abruslep » 25 Nov 2019

[quote=hari766 post_id=291383 time=1574668750 user_id=11140]
In my experience, the problems caused by the debilitated planets never cease to exist in life - however the planet causing neechabhanga will ensure that the problem is almost always managed and mitigated. There will be periods when the planet causing neechabhanga goes retrograde in transit, and thats when the person gets the stick and realises what a great mercy the neechabhanga was.
[/quote]

Yes, I believe this to be true as well. The point I'm trying to make though is that, I think debilitated planets retain more neuroplasticity into adulthood, mainly because of what is mentioned above... people tend to focus on their disabilities and try to improve them. I also think that a part of the disability that exists though from a neecha planet is a filtering problem. Many astrologers try to paint debilitated planets as being this weak non existent thing..."exalted planets perform the functions of the planet while debiltated planets don't" sort of idea. I think it's actually the opposite. Exalted planets are refined. They perform and act towards the least common denominator. They are efficient. Debilitated on the other hand aren't lacking or missing the domain of the planet, but are actually overloaded by it. Individuals have a hard time compartmentalizing debilitated information in a way that's usable by society. As a result there is no control, and as a result the individual loses themselves in a giant cloud of information. As a result, everything in that planets domain is impulse. Mercury is overloaded with information because they can't filter out what is important to logically analysis v.s. what isn't creating intense anxiety, insomnia, social problems. Mars acts defensively because it feels like everything is an attack towards it. Venus is attracted to conflict, and in a weird way everything in life is a form of conflict... so they can't separate what is aesthetically optimal. Sun can't separate their own moral confidence/internal soul from everything else... so everything is valid, and relativistic. This results in a (no offense to the term) form of sociopathy. As everything is externally dependent on valid. I could go on and on.. but my point is that rashi are like fields of information and the planets are filterers. When a planet is debilitated, it's not too little... it's too much.

I actually think also that this is one of the main results of neechabhanga... taking this large amount of unfiltered information and filtering it through an alternative means(one example being the dispositor/debilitation lord of the planet. Ex. Mercury for a debilitated Venus). And I actually think there are a few different forms of neechabhanga.. and they are very different from each other. There is a huge difference between having Mercury in Pisces with Jupiter in Pisces v.s. having Mercury in Pisces with Venus in Pisces. The weaknesses and strengths will be entirely different. I think there are two main categories of neechabhanga.. one involving correction through dispositor and one involving correction through the planet exalted in debilitated sign. Mercury and Jupiter in Pisces together will give big picture logic where the person has honed the large field of information into something usable due to Jupiters ability to see that all of the unbound information is interconnected and related on some scale. This gives a kind of giant holographic analytical ability. Mercury and Venus on the otherhand gives a sort of poetic mentality where the individual can kind of relativistically where the individual can use their language and reasoning abilities to convey or explain very nuanced things using symbolism and metaphors to show the interrelations in all aspects of life. These are two very different forms of corrections and it's actually a great disservice to loop them together. Hopefully I'm not throwing too much information at you, I've spent quite a bit of time thinking about the nature of neecha planets. I apologize if this comes off as gibberish.