Should chandra Lagnadhipati be considered benefic always?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Should chandra Lagnadhipati be considered benefic always?

Post by hari766 » 10 Sep 2019

In the book "Notable Horoscopes", while discussing Abraham Lincoln's horoscope, Dr. BV Raman states "Mark the position of the Moon in the 12th in the constellation of the Sun and aspected by two first-rate malefics, of which, Saturn as Chandra Lagnadhipati becomes a benefic"

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Should chandra Lagnadhipati be considered benefic always?

Post by iladevi19 » 10 Sep 2019

I am told lagna and chadralagna both have to be given equal importance while reading a chart . In fact which of the two is stronger gives correct prediction . If the decision is arrived at by calculating all the balas , nothing better than that . So when a dilemma comes as to why predictions are going wrong , a chart has to be studied from Chandra lagna taking it as lagna .

ReformedVivek
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ReformedVivek » 11 Sep 2019

Hari, that is the reason why it is termed as "Lord of auspiciousness" (Shubhapati).

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 12 Sep 2019

Thanks Priya12 and Krishna for the response.

In fact I have seen BV Raman calling the Subhapati a benefic in multiple places of the book. Will share more such instances when I come across them.