Do we tend to be born in families with same ascendant lord?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Dashas
Contributor
Contributor
Do we tend to be born in families with same ascendant lord?

Post by Dashas » 17 Jul 2019

Hi All

I have noticed this within my family most of the people are either jupiter or mercury ascendant? Majority being either Gemini or virgo ascendant. For either, jupiter or mercury ascendant, both these planets would rule kendra houses. What does this indicate? Have other people noticed similar patterns within their families?

Thank you all

Dashas
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Do we tend to be born in families with same ascendant lord?

Post by Dashas » 23 Jul 2019

Me and my mother has same moon sign lord. Though no one else in the family has this.

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 25 Jul 2019

There is usually some kendra, and trine house angles for shared family members, or dear friends. Along with friendly lords.

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by tejomaya » 26 Jul 2019

It really depends on the karmic link between the family members. There is no hard and fast rule.

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 27 Jul 2019

Practically speaking... In my Family, no one has the same ascendant lord as mine. So saying that people born in a family have same ascendant lord is a false notion.
There 'might' be some peculiar similarities with respect to planets, signs, nakshatra, aspects, conjunctions because of pitris, past life karmas & connections.
For eg. In my chart & my mother's chart,
Jupiter is at the same degree & sign. Around 12 degree in Leo.
Also, Sun is conjunct with Cazimi Mercury (Less than one degree apart)
Moon Venus are conjunct in both of our charts as well.
Possibility of these happening is very rare but such findings can be seen in charts of family members.
I am without any form & variation. I am present everywhere as the underlying substratum of everything & always in equilibrium Neither do I get attached to anything, nor get freed from anything. I am Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness Soham Shivoham

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 09 Sep 2019

In my family many people have strong mercury - either exalted or placed in lagna or lagna Lord - which is not surprising - mine is a "bookish" family - and with strong emphasis on education - for generations.

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 10 Sep 2019

@hari766 Adding to that, Strong & Powerful Mercury clearly indicates inclination towards Vaishnavism. This can be inferred from your name hari too. Being bookish is limit of the intellect. They are prone to indoctrination from books & lack discrimination. People with strong mercury do reasonably well in academics. They are very careful with their words & generally sweet tongued & smooth talkers. Most successful businessman have a very strong Mercury in their chart.
I am without any form & variation. I am present everywhere as the underlying substratum of everything & always in equilibrium Neither do I get attached to anything, nor get freed from anything. I am Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness Soham Shivoham

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 10 Sep 2019

You are right, we are into the Vaishnava mode of worship..a bit easygoing with the rules too. Your comments apply in my case (I have Bhadra Yoga, at least on paper) 😋

Back to the topic, one interesting fact I noticed is, close relatives getting born with the same nakshatra. I have seen many instances where mother and son / daughter, grandparents and grandchildren etc share the same nakshatra.