Does Ketu aspect?!

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
skrajiv
Contributor
Contributor
Rahu/Ketu have 3rd and 11th house Aspect?

Post by skrajiv » 16 Jul 2018

There are different views with respect to the aspects of Rahu & Ketu.
Some say that since they are shadow planets/nodes, R/K don't have aspect.
There are certain beliefs that Rahu alone has aspects but Ketu being headless does not.
The common aspects for Rahu and Ketu are believed to be 5,7 and 9 th house aspect.

But there are Tamil scriptures claiming that Rahu/Ketu actually have 3,7,11 aspect. There is a youtube link also of Dindigul Chinnaraj astrologer explaining about Rahu/Ketu having 3,7,11 aspects. I'm also attaching a link explaining about Rahu/Ketu 3rd and 11th aspect.
http://astrologerram.[NO EXTERNAL LINKS PLEASE].com/2015/ ... tvmlo.html

Could someone please explain about the real aspects of Rahu/Ketu. Do they have no aspect or 5,7,9 aspect or 3,7,11 aspect or 3,5,7,9 and 11 aspect? Thanks

skrajiv
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Rahu/Ketu have 3rd and 11th house Aspect?

Post by skrajiv » 17 Jul 2018

Any views regarding R/K aspects?

Thrawn

Post by Thrawn » 18 Jul 2018

They have usual aspects - 100 % on 7th, 75 % on 4th, 50 % on 5th, etc. in addition to rashi aspects. I believe they do not have special aspects, like Jupiter, Mars and Saturn. People who try to devalue Rahu and Ketu on the basis of them being "shadowy", do not understand that these grahas possess all atributes other grahas have - dignities, character, aspects etc.

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 19 Jul 2018

Hi thrawn

What is your source?

Many of the experts of astrology seem to agree on 5,7,9 for Rahu. And say that ketu has no aspects. This % thing that you are saying seems interesting yet new to me.

Kind regards

Nora

Thrawn

Post by Thrawn » 19 Jul 2018

The source is BPHS.

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 20 Jul 2018

Oh ok Thrawn good to know that cos even I had this doubt. By the way does BPHS say 50% 75% and 100% in shloka as you've mentioned?

Kind regards

Nora

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 12 Nov 2018

Thrawn wrote:
18 Jul 2018
People who try to devalue Rahu and Ketu on the basis of them being "shadowy", do not understand that these grahas possess all atributes other grahas have - dignities, character, aspects etc.
Really?

Pl let us know what is the bala or strength of Rahu & Ketu. And do these two nodes get combusted?
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

justicetomeplease
Contributor
Contributor

Does Ketu aspect?!

Post by justicetomeplease » 05 Mar 2019

Dear all, this is speculation & also an information on what my tradition has taught me.
1st let me discuss about Rahu
Rahu the north node has aspects of 2nd, 5th, 7th & 9th. 2nd is reverse of 12th, I mean as Rahu goes anti zodiacal he aspects 12th in his point of view i.e., for us it is 2nd aspect. Now why he has those aspects is the question. This I've to exercise & should ask my Guru that 1st of all why a Graha should aspect & if it aspects how did these Graha's got special aspects, i mean the philosophy or the logic behind it.
Actually Graha aspect or Graha drsti works with desire which is known as Ichaa shakti. That is the Graha's energy.

So, Ketu being Moksha kaaraka doesn't have any desires. So, why should we consider Graha drsti for Ketu as like Rahu? Ketu is completely desire less. So, there is no Icha shakti.

Rasi drsti works with Jnaana shakti & Kriyaa shakti. Thus all the 9 Graha's can aspect via Rasi drsti. This is what my Guru has taught.
thanks & regards
justice

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Does Ketu aspect?!

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 08 Mar 2019

Ketu aspects are a mixed bag, and are not agreed upon by a lot of astrologers. If you take graha aspects, ketu

has no sight at all, this is due to ketu have no eyes, head, ears, nose, etc..

Now if we go rashi aspect, yes ketu can have sight, due to planet in a rashi always aspecting the other rashi

it may aspect.

And yes some call graha drsti dealing with desire of a graha.

snsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by snsharma » 12 Jun 2019

Astronomically, nodes represents the points of intersection of the paths of the Sun and the Moon in space.They are dark shadows which swallow light.If you list the planets in ascending order of their strength,nodes occupy the first place.Bcoz they can eclipse Sun.Even combust planets have saving grace where as planets embraced by nodes do not.Planets which can reflect solar light towards earth only can have aspects.Jupiter reflects more light than others that is why it is considered as most benefic..Saturn is the least reflector so most malefic..
So the dark shadows can not have aspects both astronomically and astrologically.This is how I understood.Experts, correct me if I am wrong.

snsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by snsharma » 12 Jun 2019

There is a typo in the post.please read it as descending order...