9Th house is accumulated karma?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Seeker108
Contributor
Contributor
9Th house is accumulated karma?

Post by Seeker108 » 25 Feb 2019

Some astrologers have been writing that 9th house is the total accumulated karma of all past lives. Any truth to this? If it's true can we say the person with an exalted 9th house has done more good deeds then a person with an weak 9th house.

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: 9Th house is accumulated karma?

Post by hari766 » 26 Feb 2019

If I am not mistaken, to see the effect of accumulated karma from past lives, you need to check the Shashtyamsa. I remember reading an article by Shilpaji in this regard. 9H in rasi can tell about the fortunes in this birth.

Yayathi
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Yayathi » 02 Mar 2019

9th house is not the house of accumulated Karma, it is the house to see your future life. In General, 5th house is the place to check accumulated karmas from your past lives. Being trines they are very closely related ,which means that your future life depends on the other two trines, i.e the 5th (Past life) and the Ascendant(Present life).

abhi8492i

Post by abhi8492i » 06 May 2019

Okay,

So in my chart, ascendant is Aries , ketu occupies 5th house (purva punya/past lives) and Saturn occupies 9th (future/fortunes).

The lord of 5th house sun itself in 12th house, does all that mean any help/benefits I'd be getting from 5th house' past lives will be gobbled up/become lost by ketu?

And does Saturn in 9th means I'd be getting trouble in future/fortunes too?

joyd

Post by joyd » 06 May 2019

@abhi-
5th lord in 12th means that you dont have any balance of poorva punya in your present birth account.saturn in 9th means that you have liquid cash to spend lavishly in present birth.IT means a lot my dear friend.you are going to exhaust your future fortunes[assets/earned money] and also you dont have any balance of your poorva punya.Rupee earned-rupee spend.No loss-no gain.But saturn teaches you that you have to make charities to re-activate your poorva punya house in the present birth in the form of donations and charities to needy.ketu in the 5th means, you may detached from your son or your son may detached from you too.sometimes you have only one issue[either male or female] i n your life too.

joyd.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 06 May 2019

1, 5 and 9 are trine houses and from astavarga one can see relative strengths. All combinations are there.
One very strong, other two very weak or two strong and one weak and so on.
For example !st can be very strong and 5th and 9th very weak. Very strong to very weak meaning astavarga points in the latter are just half of what is in the former.