Planets' position in Bhava chart

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
amanpatel77
Planets' position in Bhava chart

Post by amanpatel77 » 24 Jan 2019

Respected Astrology gurus,

My name is Aman Patel. I have been self learning vedic astrology for a year now. There is one topic I constantly get stuck at. That is, whether to see the effects of planets from the rashi chart position or bhava chart position. I have googled this question and I get mixed answers. I would like to take my own chart for example.

My Date of birth is 10th february 1992
My place of birth is Greenwich, London, UK
and time of birth is 14:59:00

As per rashi chart, my Venus is in 6th house (Sagittarius sign) however, in bhava chart it moves to the 7th house. Same goes with my Sun and Mercury, in rashi chart they are in 7th house (Capricorn sign), but they move to the 8th house in bhava chart. Also to note, I use equal house method on Jagannath Hora software to calculate Bhava chart.

When I read this bhava chart, it raises further questions, for example, the difference in degrees between my Mars and Venus is about 5 degrees. So, in that terms, Venus should contribute in reducing my Manglik dosha.

I would like respected astrologers to guide me in this topic, and if possible, point me to a source where I can learn more about this.

Thank you,
Aman Patel

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Planets' position in Bhava chart

Post by astrostar » 26 Jan 2019

amanpatel77 wrote:
24 Jan 2019
That is, whether to see the effects of planets from the rashi chart position or bhava chart position.
take house significations from bhava chart position
amanpatel77 wrote:
24 Jan 2019
I use equal house method on Jagannath Hora software to calculate Bhava chart.
equal house method doesn't give correct results,
earth doesn't have exact/perfect circular shape,
even rashi have different time-periods in length,
you can check in almanac panchang,
so, use placidus house method in Jagannath Hora software to calculate Bhava chart to get correct results.
amanpatel77 wrote:
24 Jan 2019
When I read this bhava chart, it raises further questions, for example, the difference in degrees between my Mars and Venus is about 5 degrees. So, in that terms, Venus should contribute in reducing my Manglik dosha.
Venus can not reduce Manglik dosha, only Jupiter aspect can reduce it.
Luminous Omnipotent Valley of Astrology

ADC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ADC » 26 Jan 2019

When I read this bhava chart, it raises further questions, for example, the difference in degrees between my Mars and Venus is about 5 degrees. So, in that terms, Venus should contribute in reducing my Manglik dosha[/quote]

You are not manglik as Mars is yogakarka for Cancer Lagna and exalted in your chart.

joyd

Post by joyd » 26 Jan 2019

@ap77-wrote that , whether to see the effects of planets from the rashi chart position or bhava chart position?

The sages are very clever in naming the charts.so sages had already given a clear picture for "Bhava" chakra and why they named it so.our duty is meditate on the word clue "bhava".Google search is not a total solution to so many doubts in so many branch of studies.Hope you will crack the clue of bhava chakra soon and post your findings here for others benefit sake too.

joyd.

Neha M

Post by Neha M » 27 Jan 2019

astrostar wrote:
26 Jan 2019
equal house method doesn't give correct results,
the above statement is against bphs.
astrostar wrote:
26 Jan 2019
earth doesn't have exact/perfect circular shape,
even rashi have different time-periods in length,
everyone knows this, but even then bphs has been recommended to use equal house division.
astrostar wrote:
26 Jan 2019
take house significations from bhava chart position
He took from bhav madhy from the above description.
joyd wrote:
26 Jan 2019
The sages are very clever in naming the charts.so sages had already given a clear picture for "Bhava" chakra and why they named it so.our duty is meditate on the word clue "bhava".
Could you pls educate us about bhav chakr :) because so many people has been misinterpreted, even in this forum too. yesterday I have come across a video of Ketu (the liberator) visti larsen in VL astrology channel, he has beautifully explained what exactly bhav chakr is all about. I got it vaguely but what I remember is that he told it is completely our perception on it but its not true from the point of view of outside world. from the reference of kal purush Rasi chakr is what we need to see. could you pls confirm

joyd

Post by joyd » 27 Jan 2019

Yes neha- bhava chakra is our perspective on houses and planets.To be precise rasi chart is real satya[truth] &,that is the our real destiny given by god/heavens and where as bhava chakra is "maya".As humans we all think that we can change maya but not our god given destiny.once i told in this forum that a modern painting or abstract painting will be understood differently by its viewers,tha same is happens when you give importance to bhava chakra readings.This is the reason behind the origin of palcidius/sripathi and bla..bla kind of versions on bhava chakra construction.To be frank the necessity of such bhava chakra arises when one is not sure with their accurate birth time.In my view it wont holds any that much importance[weaker] in reading the chart.If someone argue that it is a key tool in reading charts,then those like to read their "maya" and not their god given destiny patterns.

joyd.

Neha M

Post by Neha M » 27 Jan 2019

Thank you so much joyd ji

Even I've checked few natives that i know from Mumbai, studying from bhav chakr did not seem reality, in fact their experiences are completely different from what bhav chakr says, now I'm understanding why so many people have misunderstood the verses from classics.
joyd wrote:
27 Jan 2019
If someone argue that it is a key tool in reading charts,then those like to read their "maya" and not their god given destiny patterns.

joyd.
True, Kal purush is what the reality is, that's what God said.
thanks once again.
: ))

amanpatel77

Post by amanpatel77 » 31 Jan 2019

Thank you, everyone, for your contribution to my query. It is certainly helpful and gives me some food for thought.

trivs23

Post by trivs23 » 24 Aug 2020

Well I happen to disagree with most here. I believe Bhava chart is important consideration in predictive astrology especially in Mahadasha Predictions. Ignoring the bhava placement will not yield true picture of the actual results of the planet. In my Bhava chart, 8 & 11th lord Mercury moves to 12th from 11th in Rashi chart where it is in exalted sign. And Mercury Mahadasha have been the worst phase of my life so far. It’s like dying everyday and feeling helpless no matter how hard you try to make things work. I was told by some astrologers after viewing my Rashi chart that Mercury Mahadasha will yield profits for me since Labhesh in Labh Bhav in own mool trikona exalted sign. But since the beginning Mercury Mahadasha only has brought me sufferings. It started in July 2019 and September onwards I started having differences with my seniors. February 2020, lost my highly paid job in USA and had to come back to India. Still trying to find a break in my career. But somehow all hard work goes in vain no matter what. My friends or who I thought to be my friends deserted me during all this. I always lived in Dept it now I am living at my parents place for quite sometime to save expenses. My marriage talks broke after I lost my job. Guess what my 11th lord Mercury moves to 12th house from 11th own sign Virgo in Rashi Chart. I guess I have shared enough to say that Bhav Placement is of real importance especially predicting Mahadasha Phal.
So yes, I don’t believe any astrologer who simply ignores Bhav Chalit in the predictions or may be even many of astrologers do not have a good understanding of Bhav Chalit so they simply ignore it stating one reason or other.

KMD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KMD » 28 Jul 2021

Hi trivs23,

In your case look at the results arising from the positions listed below and correlate the events that have occurred in Mercury dasha.

1) Mercury is in exalted sign.
2) Mercury is in 12th bhava.
3) 8th sign lord is in 12th bhava.
4) 11th sign lord is in 12th bhava.

Regards,
KMD
"The planets are always favorable to one who does not harm others, who possesses composure, who earns wealth through honest means and who restrains the baser instincts."