Exaltation And Debilitation house of Rahu and Kethu

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
achram
Donor
Donor
Exaltation And Debilitation house of Rahu and Kethu

Post by achram » 15 Nov 2018

Hi Sir ,

In which house rahu and kethu exalted and debilitate ? If Mercury is retrograded in any chart is that person suffer from Good education?

Thanks You

ॐ सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः ।
सर्वे भद्राणि पश्यन्तु
मा कश्चिद्दुःखभाग्भवेत् ।
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ॥

achram
Donor
Donor

Re: Exaltation And Debilitation house of Rahu and Kethu

Post by achram » 19 Nov 2018

:(
ॐ सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः ।
सर्वे भद्राणि पश्यन्तु
मा कश्चिद्दुःखभाग्भवेत् ।
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ॥

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 19 Nov 2018

achram wrote:
15 Nov 2018
In which house rahu and kethu exalted and debilitate ?
Rahu likes earthy signs and in earthy signs, Rahu likes mostly Taurus
Ketu likes watery signs, and in them, mostly Scorpio

achram wrote:
15 Nov 2018
If Mercury is retrograded in any chart is that person suffer from Good education?
Mercury retro would not give troubles in education unless it signifies only 8, 12 houses.
Luminous Omnipotent Valley of Astrology

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

Post by majestik108 » 19 Nov 2018

I follow the rule that Rahu and Ketu exalt in Taurus and Scorpio respectively, the opposite for their debilitation.

This also makes sense, as Rahu's primary method of functioning is to constantly strive for upwards social mobility, and Taurus, representing things such as accumulation of wealth and luxuries, is something Rahu can fully dedicate itself to and achieve tangible material results in. Taurus, being the sign of luxuries, can be said to represent the highest material pleasures.

Ketu in Scorpio allows Ketu's penetrating insight to be used in an area that yields beneficial results in terms of insight into one's nature and the world, with Scorpio being somewhat of a 'bottomless pit' in terms of the mysteries it holds, Ketu's affinity for removing boundaries (Ganesha represents Ketu, the obstacle remover), would allow itself to experience what Scorpio has to offer, fully and perhaps free of subjective filters.

Following this, it also makes sense that Rahu and Ketu's mooltrikona signs being Virgo and Pisces respectively as many of the elements represented in both Taurus and Scorpio and represented in Virgo and Pisces, but in a more 'refined' form. Virgo represents material sciences in general, and Rahu is a karaka for science in general, hence it is capable to express itself quite well in Virgo. Pisces on the other hand represents spirituality, which again Ketu is a karaka for being the mokshakaraka, hence Ketu can express itself to a high level here as spirituality can be said to require abstract thinking to a high degree, which by definition involves a lack of boundaries, so lack of boundaries in the boundless ocean = greater ability to 'absorb' spiritual knowledge through Ketu's characteristic penetrating insight.

With regards to Mercury, I have it retrograde in the 4th in Gemini with the Sun and I wouldn't say it has impacted my formal education in any way to be honest. I'm not a fan of formal schooling in general and wasn't exactly the best student, but it was primarily caused by a lack of motivation to the formal schooling system and the competitive exam environment. I personally find that I learn things quite quickly if it's something that really interests me.

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 21 Nov 2018

majestik108 wrote:
19 Nov 2018

Following this, it also makes sense that Rahu and Ketu's mooltrikona signs being Virgo and Pisces respectively as many of the elements represented in both Taurus and Scorpio and represented in Virgo and Pisces, but in a more 'refined' form.
Is this consistent with BPHS?
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

murthys68
Contributor
Contributor

Post by murthys68 » 22 Nov 2018

[quote=ChandraLagna post_id=272721 time=1542865898 user_id=4509]
Is this consistent with BPHS?
[/quote]

dear Chandra, when we say friendship between Grahās, we must remember its Mūlatrikona & from there only we've derived enmity or friendship.
Let's assume Rāhu's Mūlatrikona as Kanya. Then we can conclude that Venus, Mercury, Sun are his great friends. It's really shocking to see that Rāhu treats Sun as a friend according to the definition of a friend. By the definition Rāhu considers Jupiter, Saturn as his neutral, Where as he treat Moon, Mars as his dire enemies.
Let's assume Ketu's Mūlatrikona to be Mīna Rāsi then Ketu treats Mars, Moon, Jupiter as his friends, Venus & Mercury as his neutral! & finally he treats Sun, Saturn as his dire enemies.
But all these makes sense isn't so? 🤔 :idea: What do you say? Therefore considering Mūlatrikona signs for Rāhu & Ketu are Virgo & Pisces respectively will not be wrong provided "Scriptures speaks about enmity between nodes & other Grahās"
But Jupiter consider Rāhu as his enemy since he rules 3rd from Sagittarius! Where as Rāhu treats Jupiter as his neutral since he rules 4th from Virgo.
As you already know, but I'm just mentioning the definition again:
From a Grahā's Mūlatrikona sign, all the Upachaya sthānā lords including the lord which is opposite from there will be enemies & the rest will be friends. Don't know the logic why is it so, will think on it later, for time being I've accepted.
We all know the story of demons & Venus as Venus is a Guru to the demons, Venus will never ever treat Rāhu as his enemy. However, temporal relationship changes based on the horoscope.

Now for checking, treat other 11 zodiacs as node's Mūlatrikona, we will be landed up with wrong conclusions between enmity & friendship of the Grahās. There's a "NEED " to choose one zodiac as Mūlatrikona for every Graha so as to have Sambandha between the Grahās.

PS: Nodes are Grahās, They are Shadowy Grahās not planets.
As far as the dignity like exaltation & debilitation of nodes are concerned, I didn't get any logic, if found or got it from someone else, will share it.
I hope you got it
Regards

murthys68
Contributor
Contributor

Post by murthys68 » 22 Nov 2018

Sorry a slight mistake in the above reply
From a Grahā's Mūlatrikona sign, all the Upachaya sthānā lords including the lord which is ruled opposite from there will be enemies & the rest will be friends.
If Rāhu's Mūlatrikona is Kanya, the Upachaya sthānā lords are Mars, Saturn, Mercury & Moon
Thus Rāhu consider only Moon as enemy, Mercury is neutral because Mercury rules 10th from Virgo.
So, neutrals are Mercury, Saturn, Jupiter & Mars. Mars is neutral because he rules 8th & 3rd from Virgo, Saturn is neutral because Saturn rules 5th & 6th from Virgo, Jupiter is neutral because he rules 4th as well as 7th from Virgo.
Rāhu friends are Sun & Venus. Venus is surely a friend to Rāhu. But with this Sun only I'm amazed. Because by the above definition Sun should be Rāhu's friend since Sun rules 12th from Virgo.
If Ketu's Mūlatrikona is Pisces, Ketu treats only Sun as enemy. Jupiter, Venus, Saturn & Mercury are considered as neutrals. Since, Jupiter rules 10th (an Upachaya sthānā) from Pisces, Saturn is neutral because she rules 12th & also 11th, Mercury is neutral because it rules 7th & also 4th. Venus is considered neutral because she rules 3rd & 8th. The friends to Ketu are Mars & Moon. Again here Moon :x but by the definition, as Moon rules 5th from Pisces which if considered a Mūlatrikona for Ketu then Moon should become friend to Ketu.

Even in the case of Jupiter & Mercury too, I use to have & still have a very big doubt that why does Jupiter considers Mercury as his enemy, because what we know is that when Tāra gave birth to Mercury both Jupiter & Moon felt Putrotsāham. Then why will Jupiter has to consider Mercury as his enemy?! By the definition he has to consider Mercury as his enemy because Mercury rules 7th (an opposite house) & 10th (an Upachaya sthānā). But, in converse Mercury treats Jupiter as neutral because he rules 4th from Virgo.

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

Post by majestik108 » 23 Nov 2018

@ChandraLagna, I'm not sure to be honest. I haven't really come across any verses in the BPHS that suggest the exact MT signs for the nodes, but I may have missed them.

I'm making assumptions and connecting dots here. I may be way off, and if BPHS says otherwise, I'd turn my view around instantly, but it intuitively makes sense to me as of now.

murthys68
Contributor
Contributor

Post by murthys68 » 24 Nov 2018

Hey majestic108 & Chandra Ji, For the exaltation & debilitation of nodes, some people take Gemini, Sagittarius or Taurus, Scorpio respectively.
As Gemini is completely opposite to Sagittarius, Rāhu might like to be in Gemini. See, Gemini is actually like America, Western, kinda posh, English English guys. Rāhu will suit more there but in contrary if you observe, Rāhu has a fall in 9th which is considered Maraṇa kāraka sthāna for Rāhu & from this I didn't mean to say that Rāhu "SHOULD" debilitate there :) it's kinda uncomfortable to Rāhu, that's it.
But most of them take it as Taurus & Scorpio for Rāhu & Ketu respectively in the case of exaltation & debilitation.
By the way when I born Rāhu-Ketu are in Devalokāmśa i.e., 7 out of 10 in Vaiśeśikāmśa.

Regarding Moon & Mercury if you consider their Mūlatrikoṇa as Taurus & Virgo respectively, from Taurus Moon rules 3rd & from Virgo Mercury rules 10th. So, concluding that they hate themselves is kinda not obvious isn't it?

PS: Majestic108, I've replied to you in the Āyaṇāmśa topic... Which Āyaṇāmśa is true, do see it

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 29 Nov 2018

@majestik108: BPHS is very clear on the exaltation and Mooltrikon rashis of the nodes, which is what I highlighted in the post above. There is some ambiguity on which signs to consider as "own" and that brings up an interesting side topic, which I will refer to in a separate but relevant thread.

Chapter 47,
verse 34-39½." In order to clarify the effects of the Dasha of Rahu I shall first mention the exaltation and debilitation Rāśis of Rahu and Ketu. The exaltation Rāśi of Rahu is Vrishabh. The exaltation Rāśi of Ketu is Vrischik. The Multrikonas of Rahu and Ketu are Mithun and Dhanu. The own Rāśis of Rahu and Ketu are Kumbh and Vrischik. Some sages have expressed the view, that Kanya is the own Rāśi of Rahu and Meen is the own Rāśi of Ketu. "
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

ataneja17

Post by ataneja17 » 30 Nov 2018

Rahu does good in Taurus. Rahu loves material things or "Maya" and Taurus signifies resources or wealth in a way.
Rahu feels comfortable in this Rajasic sign.
On the other hand Ketu represents isolation, spirituality and dissatisfaction. Ketu feels calm in the deep karmic waters of Scorpio away from the material world.

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 01 Dec 2018

This is just a guess. But in my experience, if a planet is exalted in a kendra, like the tenth house, it's effects would be much pronounced throughout a person's life. The articles related to that planet, in their best form, would be always accessible to that person. In my life, with mercury in deep exaltation in the tenth, right from early childhood, I have seen books, often dealing with the highest level of knowledge, in my home or elsewhere. Many times, classmates or chance acquaintances, of their own volition, have shared with me delightful books to read, and afterwards disappeared from my life. It is almost as if, their karmic role in my life was only to share these books! So extrapolating my experience, I think in the case of a person with Venus exalted in the tenth, his life would see many instances where things related to Venus become easily accessible to that person. Now as far as the topic is concerned, for a person with Rahu exalted in a kendra, there would be frequent and easy access to things denoted by Rahu, like electronic equipments. So if an astrologer comes across the horoscope of such a person, he can confirm his understanding of the exaltation and swakshetra positions of Rahu....