The Cancer Ascendant Chart and the Aires Ascendant Chart

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
The Cancer Ascendant Chart and the Aires Ascendant Chart

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 18 Oct 2018

Hi Learned Members

The Aires Ascendant Chart represents the space the Sun travels within a 24 hour range. From midnight in the 4th bhava to noon in the 10th bhava, and back to midnight.

The Cancer Ascendant Chart represents the Sun's movement towards the north pole just as it enters sidereal Capricorn, the path of the Gods, and then its movement towards the south pole just as it enters sidereal Cancer, the path of the demons.

The Cancer Ascendant Chart represents the paths of spirituality and the Aires Ascendant Chart represents the paths of space.

Best Regards
Mac Khoo Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: The Cancer Ascendant Chart and the Aires Ascendant Chart

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 20 Oct 2018

If you look at my chart, I have a Cancer Ascendant, with the planets spread like an umbrella from the 7th bhava to the 1st bhava, Chatra Yoga, and the planets start from Capricorn to Cancer.

The planets are all in the path of the Gods, except Cancer with Venys and Rahy placed there. But they are in the yogi point, a holy enclave within Cancer.

Thus Godliness.

Best Regards
Mac Khoo Hock Leong

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 20 Oct 2018

@ Godliness. Khoo your chart does NOT have Chatra yoga, not even partially.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 20 Oct 2018

Sorry wrong spelling.

It should be Chatr Yoga. It is decribed under the Yoga Section from BPHS.

If all the planets lined up in 7 bhavas from Yuvati onwards, the person has Chatr Yoga. Only my 9th house is empty of the 7th bhavas involved in this yoga.

Khoo

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 20 Oct 2018

It will be appropriate if you can add the sloke number as well. I don't remember if BPHS talks about Graha Malika formations. You do have Sarpa yog though.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 21 Oct 2018

My Sarpa Yoga with Rahu and Ketu on the 1st-7th axis is overcome by the fact that Rahu is placed in a trine conjuncting a kendra lord Venus AND Ketu is placed in a kendra conjuncting a trinal lord Moon.

hiimnotcool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hiimnotcool » 22 Oct 2018

Khoo Hock Leong wrote:
21 Oct 2018
My Sarpa Yoga with Rahu and Ketu on the 1st-7th axis is overcome by the fact that Rahu is placed in a trine conjuncting a kendra lord Venus AND Ketu is placed in a kendra conjuncting a trinal lord Moon.
Ask yourself with honesty why you always try to reason out a way to rule out "negative" placements and try so hard to reason for "positive" placements.

Your chart is fine just the way it is. Take it all the way it is because you don't have a choice either way. It will help ease your mind as you seem very troubled when it comes to your birth chart.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 22 Oct 2018

Khoo, Sorry that you only know one Sarpa yog. I am talking about the one with many malefics in most or all of the kendras. Please talk your way out of it.. but you haven't quoted the exact BPHS sloke talking about the Chatr Yog.

If you do quote it, keep in mind I will be able to talk my way around to nullify it as cleanly as possible. Because its just a matter of talk.

hiimnotcool - I don't have rights to reply to PMs. In short I would say one needs to free oneself from any limiting beliefs such as religious rituals, self imposed suffering and do the right thing even if one is detached. The world is real to us unless we realize our true nature. But meanwhile people's expectations and our responsibilities are also real. So one just needs to be normal in life. No one knows fate, it is pointless to find out so we just need to be normal and discharge our duties.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 22 Oct 2018

Well you have to reason to defend oneself which is sanctioned by the scriptures in general unless you are a 100% saanyasi. Keeping mum does not mean you are honest about yourself but neither is defending yourself in an insincere manner.

Plus this kind of discussion gives spiritual wisdom to others and oneself.

The scriptures uphold honesty, no doubt about it. But dharma has a say in matters including honesty. Krishna had to uproot himself to visit the king on the south-west to prevent the Mahabharata war. He knew it was fruitless but he still do it. Because of dharma, the proper way of doing things. Or a father may not tell the truth to his daughter about her incurable disease to give her peace of mind.

The scriptures do not uphold criticising others on small details out out of proportion and context. The initiator tends to be weakened especially if the person being criticised is in the right.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 28 Oct 2018

Khoo,

I will let you go about the reference for Chatr yog. But even if we assume you have it .. then from all the occupied signs from Capricorn to Cancer, only Cancer is Sattvic. Pisces is unoccupied. Rest are tamasic or rajasic (dominated by tamasic).