Sarvashtakavarga and transit of planet

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Sarvashtakavarga and transit of planet

Post by Nora » 03 Sep 2018

Hi learned members

I have a doubt. I've read about Sarvashtakavarga that if more than 30 bindus are in a house then the transit of a planet goes well.

But my question is if the house is transited by a planet which owns the house as well as the bhava, like Jupiter transits Pisces (and if it's the 9th bhav)

But if the sarvashtakavarga score is 20 (below the average of 25 for it to be a decent transit), then would this mean that the transit of Jupiter will be very bad for the native? Or would it be neutral since it's Jupiter's own house and also own bhav (9th)?

Kind regards

Nora

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sarvashtakavarga and transit of planet

Post by Dev » 03 Sep 2018

Actually there are differnt schools in astavarga, some say each house should average around 28 bindus but some say very high value for some houses and very low for some.
like around 50 for 11th, 17 for 12th, 20 for 5th, 9th and so on.
Anyway, the belief is that any planet when transits a high astavarga house gives good results.
Even in planets total values are high for jupiter, mercury etc and low for mars, sat etc. So astavarga value of 4 is considered average but 3 itself is ok for sat, mars.
Suppose a planet transits a house with 0 pts for that particular planet, then there could be problems it says. Especially for slow moving saturn and jupiter, but if the planets are exalted or in swashetra, there could be some solace I feel.

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Dev

Suppose the person has 5 points for Jupiter for Pisces (9th house) and the house gets 20 points in SAV score. Then will it be a ok or bad or good transit?

Thanks for the explanation above. I'll look into it in detail.

Kind regards
Nora

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

How come Trikon houses it's ok to have as less as 20 and it's considered good? I don't get the logic...is it because those houses are already auspicious ? So even low score is equal to good?

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 04 Sep 2018

Nora

Suppose the person has 5 points for Jupiter for Pisces (9th house) means jupiter is contributing 5 to that house and he is strong, so when he transits that house he will do good. But some other planet may even be contributing just 1 or 2 bindus or even 0, so when they transit to that house, may be they will become less powerful.

It is a different kind of interpretation, for some they say it does not work.
I do not know why there are two types of values. One says as high as 54 or so is needed in 11th house and just 17 would suffice in 12th. But another group says the average value of 28 for each house.

However even with say 20 - 24 in 7th house people do get married and so on. You can check for people you know and see how much it can be relieved upon.
Usually if 1st house has more than 7th house, if it is high, it indicates a person would dominate his or her spouse, it also indicates fame, independent, intelligent person, healthy and so on since 1st signifies everything about the person.

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 04 Sep 2018

Dev

Thanks for the explanation. I have another doubt. Is SAV only related to transits or general placement of planets in Rasi? If SAV is high for a house but the planet sitting in that house is not strong or is debilitated, then what happens?

Also, some other questions

- can SAV be seen for Rahu and Ketu? It's not there in JHora

- and can SAV be seen for divisional chart on JHora? Cos I could only see one SAV and the individual scores for each planets (BAV). But if I wana see this for Navamsa or other D charts then how do I do it?

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 05 Sep 2018

Nora
SAV obviously indicates strength at birth too for each bhava and each planet. It also indicates good and bad times based on transits which will be more prominent especially for slow moving jupiter and saturn. If saturn moves to a house with 0 points, then it could be painful.
If SAV is high for a house but the planet sitting in that house is not strong or is debilitated, then that bhava may be strong enough but if that planet transits that house, it may give problems.
SAV are not applied for be Rahu and Ketu.
SAV can be seen for divisional chart on JHora by right clicking on the corresponding divisional chart and choosing astavarga for this chart.
Of course, I doubt if it can be applied for horoscopes with multiple planets in a house.
Because when applied to a person with 8 planets in a house, it gave value of 57 in 11th house, for me it shows 46 in first house, for some I have seen 42 in 6th house and so on. Much more research needs to be done on this topic.
Hope this helps.
Dev

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 05 Sep 2018

Oh ok thanks Dev. Do you know if transits are better to be read from the moon or from the lagna. Because, if let's say someone wants to start a job or a new venture, would it be good to start it when Jupiter is 5th from moon (4th from lagna) or when Jupiter is 6th from moon (5th from lagna)?

I mean I've heard that transit from lagna is a new concept and traditionally it's been seen only from the moon?

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 05 Sep 2018

Usually it is seen which is stronger among the two and then predictions based on the stronger one would be done by several astrologers.