Ayanamsa

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
abruslep
Contributor
Contributor
Ayanamsa

Post by abruslep » 23 Aug 2018

I've been over several thousand charts, and I've came to a conclusion on Ayanamsa. The correct ayanamsa is somewhere between Chandra Hari and Fagan Bradley. I think there is a pretty substantial confusion that is created, because I think there is something fundamentally wrong with the way that dasas are calculated(and I have no idea of the reason why). The dasas actually work for the other side of lahiri... somewhere between deva dati and pushya paksha. This is just my opinion, and people can continue to follow what they want. I'm just relaying the conclusion I came to.

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Ayanamsa

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 24 Aug 2018

Glad you found an answer for yourself!

Can you give an example or a chart that gave you the eureka moment?

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedicmaths » 24 Aug 2018

hello abruslep,

You wrote: " I've been over several thousand charts, and I've came to a conclusion on Ayanamsa."

Can you please answer the following ?

1. How many thousands ? will it be 5000 and odd ? OR 7000 and odd ?

2. What about the accuracy of the time of birth of those charts ? Can all of them be
rated as " very close " say within two or three minutes ?

3. How many years you have been doing this ?

It would be better to follow your conclusion if the answers to the above are available

truly yours,
vedicmaths

abruslep
Contributor
Contributor

Post by abruslep » 25 Aug 2018

I took a systematic approach to it. I took approximately 3000 charts of successful/famous/celebrities etc in a particular field. I grouped the fields success based on planet. For example for athletes one of the planets chosen was Mars. I then changed the ayanamsa to see if a correction was made to the navamsa to place this planet in a better sign(such as its own house or exalted position). This would be highly questionable technique if only a few charts were being analyzed, such a big pool was used though that there is a statistical significance to the corrections. When approximately 78% of the corrections occurred to the Fagan-Bradley side of Lahiri, this tells me that an overarching correction needs to occur. This sort of leaning to one side is probabilistically unlikely(I could go in depth with statistics with this, and will probably post something on it in the future).

My personal experience from going through many charts shows that the dasas with this correction are out of alignment. This leads me to believe that something is wrong with the dasa alignment. Of course, there is a far more subjective condition with my opinion on the dasas.

abruslep
Contributor
Contributor

Post by abruslep » 25 Aug 2018

An example of the above scenario with Mars, is the New York Yankees baseball player Derek Jeter. According to Lahiri, his mars is placed in the Sagittarius portion of Cancer(Ashlesha). A correction was used to place his Mars in the Scorpio portion of Cancer in Pushya. For one chart this is statistically insignificant, but if a giant pool of charts is used a pattern emerges.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 25 Aug 2018

Another great way to test, is if you can find a bunch of charts with plants at 0-1 degree in the Rasi chart, then see what results those planets give once they change back a sign in Fagan ayanamsa. Especially helpful to judge if the person is in - or has been in - the mahadasha of the planet which changes signs between ayanamsa.
You might have done this already too. I am just saying it also for anyone else who wishes to test ayanamsa, that I believe this is good way, since planets moving in rasi should effect more and change many foundational yogas in the chart.

I will say - I have been trying to find the most accurate ayanamsa too, and for a while felt Fagan was it. Now I'm not sure again, but I will say Fagan seems to give some great results, and if somehow it was "proven 100%" to be the one, I would not be too surprised.

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 26 Aug 2018

Here's a recent example right on this forum:

viewtopic.php?f=18&p=267761#p267761

Calcutta is a large city, so there might need to be adjustments made for lat/long depending on area within the city. Yet, you can try your favourite Ayanamsa and see what changes in the chart & then try KP and see the dramatic change in placements.
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by subramanianp » 28 Aug 2018

dear abruslep
Great effort and congratulations for that.
Please tell, have you ever seen the BHAVA chart results also while doing your research.
सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः।
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः।

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 28 Aug 2018

About Derek Jeter's Mars. It's strong being in the 10th house, in its own drekkana, in Cancer (per Jatak Parijat). Why does it need to be in own navamsa then?

By the way Dhanu is stronger in his chart compared to Scorpio, so Mars attaining Dhanu navamsa is as good as own navamsa, if that's what you were researching. You can post multiple such cases, esp. the ones where the planet changes signs within Ayanamsas.