Ascendant as start of first house.

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
shivathmika
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Ascendant as start of first house.

Post by shivathmika » 04 Feb 2019

As per my conviction lagna starts at the rising degree and the first house extends to the same degree in the next rasi . From that degree in the next rasi the second house starts to the same degree in the third rasi . This seems to be logical . If the whole sign is taken as first house or 15 degrees on either is taken as first house it amounts to the wrong birth time . Planets have extension of light on both sides . But lagna point is not a planet . It is a point on the planet earth where we stay .

Neha M

Post by Neha M » 04 Feb 2019

ChandraLagna wrote:
04 Feb 2019
If Ascendent is at 29 deg in any sign, say Aries and Sun is at 1 deg in Aries, is sun in invisible, or visible half? (Ans: visible, thus 12H)
@ChandraLagna, how did you conclude that it is in visible half thus 12H? I agree that Sun is in visible half but how did you say that thus 12H
I have seen an explanation in a youtube that whole bhav chakr construction was misunderstood by many people.

But in the slok from 25 to 30 I could not see anywhere author mentioning if a planet is in visible half then it should be in 12H.

What I don't understand is that, this is a basic doubt which everyone gets, thus this would have been resolved for so many people, sanjay rath has explained it beautifully in many videos, the same has been explained by his student in the below link
Here is the link:
https://youtu.be/SExXaZZ5sFs
From 1:12:38.
By the way, they all read scriptures word to word.
shivathmika wrote:
04 Feb 2019
As per my conviction lagna starts at the rising degree and the first house extends to the same degree in the next rasi
But Astrology doesn't work with your conviction right
Till now there is no verse in scripture which stated in that way.

Today Moon involved in Amvasy yog, these conclusions seems to me like debilitated Moon effects.

shivathmika
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shivathmika » 04 Feb 2019

convictions start with observations . Observations depend on experiences .

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 04 Feb 2019

But while doing Digbal Calculation (Directional Strength of planets), What would we say if Jupiter is in 1st house, Saturn in 6th house & Sun in 10th house & we are asked which planet is most digbali in this situation? At first glance we would chose Jupiter & Sun but ignore Saturn but when one would do the actual calculation, Sun is carrying Digbal of 55/60, Jupiter 57/60 Saturn 58/60 in my chart. When we consider ascendant as middle of 1st house then we would see that Jupiter is near the end of 1st bhava, Saturn has moved to 7th (6 degrees from bhav madhya) & Sun has moved to 11th in bhav chalit. Reference Chart 31st May 1992 11:12 A.M. Jaipur, Rajasthan. I have felt the stationary Saturn dominance thoroughly in my life.

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 04 Feb 2019

Neha M wrote:
04 Feb 2019
@ChandraLagna, how did you conclude that it is in visible half thus 12H? I agree that Sun is in visible half but how did you say that thus 12H

But in the slok from 25 to 30 I could not see anywhere author mentioning if a planet is in visible half then it should be in 12H.
That is why logic is needed along with application of plain common sense. Since the zodiac is a continuum, the planet in this case is either in 1st house, or 12th house, isn;t it? Is there any other option?
Let us take the possibility of being in first house. So this means that despite being in visible half, a planet is in first house, whereas the houses 1-6 are invisible. So this clearly rules out being in first house.

The other option is thus 12th house, and here, the sun is in visible which makes perfect sense. Once you understand that Lagna is what divides into visible/invisible parts, everything else falls into place.

The verse 25-30 is not even needed here to make the case; merely the understanding the lagna's definition is sufficient.

You also need to familiarize yourself again with earlier content where I have provided evidence that a house can span two rasis. That, along with the conclusion in this para i.e. Ascendant defines the visible and invisible halves places the picture of bhavas as houses that are distinct from Rasis.

Finally, we cannot discuss everything on Youtube. There are enough videos supporting every point of view, including views that astrology is not scientific. You are welcome to view what you want, but if you want to present a case here, place the views in readable language that is sufficient on its own rather than quoting someone else.
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna