Dr. Shanker Adawal - Some Rules Through Astrological Practice

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dr. Shanker Adawal - Some Rules Through Astrological Practice

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 22 May 2018

Hi Learned Members :

Here are the rules (commas denote OR) :

1. Jupiter in kendras, Venus in 1st, Mercury in 1st, Mars in 10th makes the chart of a person powerful.

2. Moon in 4th, Venus in 7th, Jupiter in 5th is harmful.

3. Saturn in 7th, Mars in 2nd, Moon when conjuncting Sun, Venus in 6th or 7th, Moon in 4th, Mercury in 4th, Jupiter in 5th, the planet is powerless to cause a major effect.

So any planet which comes under the list in both (2) and (3) means the planet can cause harm and yet it is also without power to push its agenda through all the way.

4. Jupiter in 2nd, Saturn in 8th is beneficial. All other planets in a bhava for which they are karaka are harmful like Mars in 3rd, Saturn in 12th, Saturn in 6th, Mercury in 10th etc.

Rgds
Mac Khoo Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Dr. Shanker Adawal - Some Rules Through Astrological Practice

Dr. Shankar Adawal takes Saturn, Mars as the main karakas of the 6th, Sun as the main karaka of the 9th.

All others he follow the usual main convention.

Vivek Surya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Vivek Surya » 22 May 2018

नमः शिवाय!
Khoo Ji, I disagree with 3rd point!
Jupiter in 5th is not harmful to the native! It's harmful to the person's child. What if the person decides that he don't need any child? Jupiter in 5th makes one very good at Philosophy & in lot of other big stuffs!

Sun Moon conjunction makes a person noble soul! It's never harmful till it's Amavaasya! I meant if Moon is not involved in combustion, it's good only why does it create some harm when it's not involved in Combustion!?

How Mars in 2nd is harmful & losses its power?
I've exalted 5th/12th Lord Mars in 2nd house. It's one of the Graha in my horoscope which is well placed! From there it aspects its own house with 4th aspect. 4th aspect teaches us some lessons which are mostly positive (it seems) see the special aspects post by Joyd Bhaiyya. 8th aspect from any house is harmful. So, why does from 2nd house position is harmful when it's exalted? 🤔
वागर्थाविव संपृक्तौ वागर्थप्रतिपत्तये।
जगतः पितरौ वन्दे पार्वतीपरमेश्वरौ॥ 🙏
By महा कवि कालिदास in रघुवंशम्

श्रुति स्मृति पुराणाणां आलयं करुणालयं |
नमामि भगवत्पादम् शङ्करं लोकशङ्करं ||🙏

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I think most of the hollywood actors who have Jupiter in the 5th, they either lose their sons tragically or their sons do not contribute much to their father's name.

Also Mercury in 5th gives intelligence but Jupiter in 5th does not increase much of Jupiter's wisdom even if the person is very good in philosophy. Mercury in 5th gives mantras which normally aid in materiality but Jupiter in 5th does not contribute much to Jupiter's spirituality.

Moon becomes emotionless when conjuncting the Sun. The Soma - nectar of life - so necessary for survival and sustenance on Earth ie. to live the life on Earth in a joyful manner is completely absent. See the life of Queen Victoria.

2nd is for speech, to dress well, aristocratic mannerisms, to disagree with others without putting the other person down and out etc. is completely alien to Mars.

Vivek Surya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Vivek Surya » 22 May 2018

नमः शिवाय!
Khoo Hock Leong wrote:
22 May 2018
2nd is for speech, to dress well, aristocratic mannerisms, to disagree with others without putting the other person down and out etc. is completely alien to Mars.
Khoo Ji, By using logic one can put other person down & out! (if needed) Then why is Logic attributed to Mars?

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

2nd does not put people down and out completely. That is why 2nd is for family members and 2nd is not for logic. Notice teachers talk a lot but they are very soft.

Maris is for logic and for all other things mostly alien to the 2nd house.

NewSeeker

Post by NewSeeker » 23 May 2018

Respected seniors,
As per point 3 above would even retrograde Saturn in 7th for gemini would become effect less - I feel it does delay things...

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 23 May 2018

Should We consider Bhav Chalit Chart or the D-1 chart for planet placement? In my chart , many planets are changing their position in Bhav Chalit like Saturn, Mars, Sun & Mercury. Mr. Khoo Kindly look at my chart as I am confused how to predict when many planets are changing position in bhav chalit. My DoB is 31 May 1992 11:12 A.M. Jaipur, Rajasthan

Vivek Surya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Vivek Surya » 23 May 2018

नमः शिवाय!
Khoo Ji, I didn't mean 2nd house is for logic. As 2nd house represents one's speech & Mars is kaaraka for logic. So, if Mars is in 2nd house, one's speech will be involved with logic, that's what I meant!
What I feel is, if it's in highest dignity (exaltation) Mars will try to bestows all its positive qualities to the native. Thus I felt that exalted Mars in 2nd house is positive only! Any objections?

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 07 Jun 2018

Okay, fair enough.

However, the seasoned astrologers tend to regard exaltation not the be all and end all of everything. They consider it as strong, only slightly better than vargottama and own sign, the latter both being equivalent in goodness if the vargottama in Navamsa does not fall into a dusthana, and the own sign does not fall into a dusthana in Rasi.

But exaltation in scriptures is considered very good, and also in my opinion.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

There are two special karatkawas recognised by Dr. Shankar Adawal. Not sure whether it is in the scriptures, but from the way he write I believe it is.

9th of Sun when Jupiter is placed there.

12th of Venus when Sun is placed there.

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Lex » 07 Jun 2018

Picking up from published book and copy and pasting it here. When challenged, cannot able to justify or reasoning. More of polluting the cyber with copy and paste work in this forum

I think going forward or my suggestion, this id's posts has to go through admin/mod scanner for approval basis

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

He did not give a detailed explanation so let me hazard an explanation.

9th of Sun represents dharma. Jupiter represents life. So a life led based on dharmic principles.

12th of Venus represents prosperity. So Sun reprsenting the soul is prosperous. When the soul is prosperous, everything becomes very auspicious.

I have both configurations in my chart.

Thrawn

Post by Thrawn » 07 Jun 2018

I like how some people just invent rules easily. If you look closely though, some of them hardly make any sense. Moon in 4th harmful ? Nevermind it has high digbala in that house. Same case with Saturn. How can it be powerless in 7th, if it is the most potent house for Saturn ? Mercury in 4th - weak ? What if it's in Virgo, for Gemini lagna ? And so on. In addition, that "rule" regarding a graha harming a house, which it is a significator of, makes no sense whatsoever. If anything it just gives pronounced results in such house, but whether good or bad depends on its strength, conjunctions, aspects etc. So, saying that, e.g. Jupiter is harmful being in 5th or 9th is unsubstantiated claim at best.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 08 Jun 2018

Thanks for the feedback and discussion.

But since he has practising astrology for many years and he publish a book on this which is a bestseller, obviously there must be some meat to his claim. But I like your sincere objection as no one can be 100% right.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dr. Shankar Adawal has another rule :

If two planets combine, and each of their exaltation sign is opposite to that of the other, malefic effects due to the debilitation sign gets cancelled out.

This happens with :

Sun and Saturn
Moon and Ketu
Mercury and Venus

Notice this dictum does not necessarily require the pair of planets to be friends.

Another thing about this dictum is that the axis containing the respective exaltation signs gets emphasised.

For example, Moon and Ketu combines for a Cancer Ascendant. The 5th-11th axis containing Taurus and Scorpio gets emphasised. Ketu's rulership pf the 6th for the Cancer Ascendant becomes quite irrelevant.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Another rule. This pertains to great wealth.

Venus in 12th if not aspected by a natural malefic gives wealth. But greater wealyh is obtained if Venus conjucts a planet in its own sign in the 12th (this planet can be a natural benefic or natural malefic, he did not say).

Also I guess (this is my perception) even if the above condition is satisfied, and a natural malefic which is a Yogakaraka aspects Venus and that planet, it would still be good. It helps if the Yogakaraka and that planet are not natural enemies and neither the Yokaraka and Venus.

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 10 Jun 2018

All other planets in a bhava for which they are karaka are harmful like Mars in 3rd, Saturn in 12th, Saturn in 6th, Mercury in 10th etc.
Is Mercury in the tenth harmful? Being a natural benefic in kendra, I thought it lends some strength to a chart.

A sloka I read (guess, from Manasagari, though not sure) is as follows -

Kendre Subho yadekoapi Bali Vishwaprakaashakah
Sarve Doshaah Kshayam yaanthi Diirghayuscha Bhavennarah

A subha planet, even if alone in kendra, gives strength and enlivens the chart. It removes all doshas in the chart and also gives longevity to the native.

Another sloka says, even if a subha planet is afflicted in kendra, it still strengthens the chart.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 11 Jun 2018

The kendras are the like the gatekeepers for the respective quarters of the charts that comes under their purview, the cardinal signs are also their natural rulers on top of that.

So 1st, 2nd and 3rd bhavas form 1 set, 4th, 5th and 6th bhavas form another set etc

The 1st quarter of the chart consist of houses that are closest to you Your physical body, your personality etc. which comes the 1st house, your attitude, talents, speech etc. under your 2nd house, your prowess, courage, gearing up your body for action etc. under your 3rd house.

Natural benefics spread the goodness around, they are generous in their giving, so if a natural benefic tenates the 1st house, it means your physical body instead of acquiring ailments, gains certain advantage like Mercury in 1st give sharpess in mental faculties and the person can co-ordinate his body movements so that he gains speed to his advantage, Venus in 1st gives a skin that radiates and self-cleansing as Venus rules the hormones and body oils that smoothen the skin etc.

2nd and 3rd which follows the 1st and one after the other means the natural benefic in the 1st gives the foundation for the necessary "tender loving care" which helps to shore up the strength of the 2nd and the 3rd. Like Mercury in the 1st also means the person is good with his words, which comes under the 2nd, the flexibility of his body enhances his proficiency in learning yoga which comes under the 3rd (you can add meditation to the package as well since 3rd is the 8th of the 8th).

Venus in the 1st means means the person is soft-spoken (the 2nd), the person loves the arts (the 3rd) since his eyes go for fantasy cinematographic edting and spinning any yarn fires their vivid imagination etc.

That is from the natural benefics tenating in the kendras point of view.

So even if Mercury is placed in the 10th, alone or associated with another natural benefic, it enhances the 11th and 12th as well - the person likes to talk in meeting groups (the 11th) and the person likes to reflect (the 12th) etc.

But Mercury is the karaka of the 10th, and being placed in the 10th, the affairs of the 10th does not get a breadth of fresh air. Karaka is a doer, but he is circumscribed in his actions if he has to act within his own bhava by being placed there. He does not shine.

And since he does not shine as well as he should be, his is not going to lend a strong helping hand to the 11th and the 12th, as much as he could have anyway, if he is not karaka of the 10th. But he will still pass the goodies around as he is a natural benefic.

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 14 Jun 2018

OK...Thank you Khoo for the detailed explanation.

JupiterLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by JupiterLight » 18 Jun 2018

Khoo Hock Leong wrote:
22 May 2018
Hi Learned Members :

4. Jupiter in 2nd, Saturn in 8th is beneficial. Mercury in 10th is harmful

Rgds
Mac Khoo Hock Leong
Any idea what the logic behind this is ?
❀Do not covet others wealth. Every Karma Boomerangs❀
The vidya of Jyotisha is all about looking for patterns
Please note I am only a STUDENT of Astrology !

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 19 Jun 2018

Jupiter in 2nd has been consistently found to give wealth. 2nd is the place where the Sun comes a visitation each day through roation of the signs sperimposed on the bhavas during Jupiter's hour ie. between 4 am and 6 am. Although Jupiter is the karaka of the 2nd, he does well here because it is like the Sun giving sanction to Jupiter as the doer of the 2nd.

Plus Moon is also the other karaka here - cognizant by some astrologers but not sure whether BPHS mention this or not. Jupiter blends well with the Moon's energy.

The other place where Jupiter does well if placed in that bhava where he is the karaka is the 9th bhava. Moon is also the other karaka of the 9th.

Saturn does well in the 8th where he is the karaka is because the 8th signifies the life force within us that pushes the individual towards longevity. It is even more nebulous than the 12th being the 9th of the 12th which is 12th to the 1st, meaning another non-material house par excellence. Saturn's malignant gaze is thus de-emphasised where placed in the 8th but at the same because it is a spiritual planet, the person's life force gets a boost.

Mercury in 10th obtains the usual principle effect that when a planrt who is a karaka of that bhava is placed in that bhava, A doer (karaka) needs a variety of sustaining conditions before it can do well just like an entrepreneur fourishes in a country which supports entrepreneurship. However, notwithanding this, to take the analogy one step further, some brilliant entrepreneurs do extremely well anywhere. This means a planet can still do well if strong (eg. involving in a yoga) or favourably placed (eg. in Pushkara Navamsa and exalted) when placed in a bhava for which he is a karaka.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 19 Jun 2018

Jupiter although karaka of the 11th does well when placed in the 11th because all planets do well when placed there.