Very puzzling horoscope of Michael Jordan

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
radiance
Contributor
Contributor
Very puzzling horoscope of Michael Jordan

Post by radiance » 01 Apr 2018

Feb 17 1963
10.20 AM
Brooklyn NY 73W56, 40N38 (Per Dr David Frawley's book)

I just happened to search what is Mr. Jordan up to these days to know the latest and the very first news link said "Jordan Net Worth Jumps $350 Million To $1.65 Billion". I thought lets check his horoscope. It must be super special. To my horror 2 planets including ascendant lord was debilitated in D1 and 3 planets debilitated in D-9. No powerful neechabhangas, no exalted planets!

I became frustrated seeing this and was thinking of posting it in the forum when thankfully I laid my hands on two old threads in the forum after bit of searching.

1) viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6432&hilit=jordan&start=25 - Michael Jordan's case taken up towards the middle

2) viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12845&hilit=jordan
Two full pages of knowledge shared by astroboy on debltd planets including jordan's case and several other examples.

I noticed Astroboy was in the same confusion as me and smiled while reading some of his frustrated funny comments as I had the same questions. Purpose of posting the above links is to get this knowledge out of obscurity. I think links like these should be pinned at the top of section. Also many might benefit from articles like these. In the end, the conclusion appears to be that debilitated planets excel in kaliyuga.

I know of a person with 3 debilitated planets in D-1(March 12, 1985: Time not available) who has done excellently till now. He is super energetic, has had many affairs prior to settling with a rich girl whose brother has contacts in very high places. This person is the son of a real estate guy and moved to U.S. few years back. His Navamsa doesn't look bad though.

M Jordan's case however is altogether different and threads above although very long should be an excellent source of knowledge and adding new perspective to this subject.

radiance
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Very puzzling horoscope of Michael Jordan

Cool find ADC. So his time of birth appears to be 1:40 PM instead of 10:20 A.M as mentioned in the book. (I relied purely on info from astroboy for that time). As mentioned towards the end of the above link, Jordan sold his birth certificate in 2013(why would anyone sell his B.C even if for charity? :o ).. anyways the scan is available and it confirms the time as 1:40 PM. http://jordansdaily.com/2013/10/28/vint ... rtificate/

Well guess this changes a few things. astroboy wrote two pages with a wrong birth time :D He should get to know about the correct time as he almost lost his interest in astrology per his comments!.. Unfortunately he doesnt seem to be active now and his last post was in 2012. Yet, even with the changed time, many of the observations would still hold true guess as no true neechabhanga exists. Also, nothing extraordinary in the ashtakvargas for D1, D9, D10.. all numbers under 35 nothing in the 40's. Very very intriguing chart.

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 01 Apr 2018

A general observation here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35929&p=247646#p247646

In Jordan's case, moon and mars are in exactly same degree in their respective signs. Notice also Venus is in exact same degree in Sagi as is Asc in Gemini - full Venusian aspect on ascendant. Each of the two factors mentioned are quite powerful but its hard to say whether these two factors are sufficient to take him to the heights he reached.
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

radiance
Contributor
Contributor

CL- Jhora degrees(with default setting) are as below - Lagna 16-8', Mars 16-37', Mars 17-11', Venus-19-55'. Are you using a different software or setting? Also mars in enemy saturn nakshatra and moon in enemy mercury's nakshatra.

His palms also seem to be a mess. Pretty sure these are his palm images as the crooked Jupiter finger is
the distinguishing feature in different images (face only partly seen here).
It's all broken lines, island or tassles if one would say. Strong thumb but with lines on the second phalange.
Neither his chart nor his palm helps much in explaining where he is today.

ADC
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ADC » 01 Apr 2018

A strong Dhan Yoga involving 11th lord 2nd lord 9th lord and Lagna lord. Lagna is both kendra and Trikone . 11th lord Mars in sign exchange with 2nd lord Moon under the aspect of Saturn the 9th lord[Lakshami Sthanum] and Lagna lord Mercury the other Lakshami Stanum. Moon and Mars connection itself is a Dhan Yoga. Its rare to have such a strong Dhan Yoga.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 01 Apr 2018

Exaltation / debilitation are measures of strength. Many more sources of strength exist. However it's a phase many learners go through to take the planet at face value.

Let's look at Jordan's Mars and couple Yogas its forming. But first, does Mars have strength?

Ancients say that Mars attains strength in Cancer.
It gets strength in own Navamsa.
In its Southernly course.
In own Drekkkana.
When retrograde.

From the above five measures yes Mars is strong for Jordan. In addition a planet gains much strength if the 6th, 7th and 8th from it have benefics.

Yog 1: Mars in Cancer aspected by Saturn: The native acquires money through journey in water, is equal to a king, be sportive in his acts and always bright.

Yog 2: Mars in 2nd house with Rahu and 11th lord, aspected by 4th lord endows the native with vast lands.

As one can see both yogas came to pass and one of them is just a sign based. Jordan owns vast lands and is now in the process of owning a golf course. So the chart is perplexing at face value. The devas are in the details :)

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » 01 Apr 2018

Rathore Ji, I want to discuss with you through an email. Its important for me.

radiance
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Rathore Ji,

This chart is such an exception it is very difficult to believe it could take someone to such dizzying heights. You explained all his success just on the basis of Mars which is also debilitated and in enemy nakshatra. In navamsa again although it is in own sign it is in enemy nakshatra(mercury). Have seen several top astrologers stress the importance of nakshatra placement as well and how it can cause problems in enemy signs. Other(easier) way of looking at it is that enemy nakshatra makes one struggle even harder and achieve success. I see accounts of Jordan's hardships but several colored people have a bad childhood, abuse, drugs, parental problems etc. But not everyone turns out lika a Jordan. So struggles in the beginning would not be even worth discussing here just in case.

If this chart were to be given to an astrologer directly, very likely he will not predict many good things let alone outstanding success. I am planning to show this chart once I meet the astrologer back in hometown next to see his reaction.

From the special rule for kali yuga post - This is from Prof Krishnamurthy's book - Image

I mentioned of a colleague earlier with 3 debilitated planets in Rasi who is super rich and appears super lucky even though he is just 31.
At least this would give hope to lots of people with multiple debilitated planets. Sure only 0.1% of such people would come to these forums as their life would be so successfull they don't need to check predictions to change their luck :)

tylorechandra
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tylorechandra » 01 Apr 2018

And, except for a few years during the antaras of Moon, Sun and Mars, Mars is not even activated in the dasa of Venus during 1987-2007 (His youthful period). Its rasi owner Moon is also in debilitation and in the 6th house !!!

TKC

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Lex » 02 Apr 2018

radiance wrote:
01 Apr 2018
Very very intriguing chart.
It is destined from Heavens, lets unravel through our Sages method
BTW, I consider Rahu as Chara-karaka in Jaimini.

His TOB reported by astrodata... rating AA, still time of BTR rectified.

His AK is Chandra, Vargottam
Amk is Rahu....
His Lagna aspected by Shukra, Chandra, His "AK is one of the Yogada planet".
Amk is conjunct with 6th lord in Karkata, in amsa and drekkana 6th lord in Dhanur amsa ( 10th, and also dasamsa lagna lord), and in own drekkana sign... Kuja has improved in varga charts
His Amk connected with Kuja ( Kuja denotes athletism),his dasamsa..10 th sign is Simha..which is natural zodiac's 5th sign... denotes game, speculations , music, hobby etc

His AL falls in Simha, 11th from is "his lagna"... and AK, Shukra both aspects 11th from AL.... A Raja yoga, what Our Sage said
in Aruda lagna briefing by Sage.. " Ekko Bhriguchandra yuthoh yadhi sayuthu, bhave-shetrashakhalan- labha evam.[/b
Ekko means if/ one Bhrigu means Shukra Yuthi means aspect if present, person will get labha or rewards from Government/ KIng/ Sponsorers

Amk in Chandra's sign, connected to Chandra, and Amk conjunct or yuti with Kuja, Our sage says
"Bhauma-dhibhi krurrgrahayutoh bhi, dhristha vakshiti bhutalanayakah sayathu".
Bhauma means Kuja.. krurra heere stands for Rahu/ malefics like Rahu, person bestowed to become a Leader of that place/Earth/ tribe etc ( here Rahu is Jordna's Amk and Kuja is 6th and 11th lord... 6th efforts/ enemies,/ game etc... Kuja also stands for Leadership karaka)

His Karakamsa falls in Simha amsa.. Guru placed in 10th from AK.... Our sage briefs on on Karakamsa and planets placed 10th from it
"Shubham Dhriste stethayah.. ( Shukra in AK, his natal lagna lord is 7th from AK), person's mind in profession is fixed, no diversion

It is pre-written when this athlete was born

Suresh_Chauhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Suresh_Chauhan » 02 Apr 2018

After the fact, after an event has happened, anyone can justify anything - it is called retrofit to design :lol: (because design was bad, and didn't work).

When Jordan was a teenager, no one had predicted his rise in basketball. Same goes for Sachin Tendulkar, or any other athlete. So many indian athletes have birth charts readily available, plus the experts can apply their complicated methods and rectify birth time. Amitabh Bachhan's chart with 4 planets in 8th house was completely dismissed by many so called astrology geniuses. Yet look where he is and his journey.

Make an accurate prediction when a child is 5, 10 years old that he/she will be a superstar or world-famous or great leader, then we'll see what works and what doesn't.

Suresh_Chauhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Suresh_Chauhan » 02 Apr 2018

radiance wrote:
01 Apr 2018
If this chart were to be given to an astrologer directly, very likely he will not predict many good things let alone outstanding success. I am planning to show this chart once I meet the astrologer back in hometown next to see his reaction.
Exactly the point. reading charts and making predictions has never worked. You need deep intuition, sixth sense. It is the astrologers special gift (mostly lack of ...).

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedicmaths » 02 Apr 2018

hello,
Lex wrote:
02 Apr 2018
radiance wrote:
01 Apr 2018
Very very intriguing chart.
It is destined from Heavens, lets unravel through our Sages method
BTW, I consider Rahu as Chara-karaka in Jaimini.

His TOB reported by astrodata... rating AA, still time of BTR rectified.

His AK is Chandra, Vargottam

It is pre-written when this athlete was born
Is chandra AK ?.... ooops,, is " raphael's ephemeris " wrong ?

truly yours,
vedicmaths

joyd

Post by joyd » 02 Apr 2018

radi mentioned in his post- Mr. Jordan up to these days to know the latest and the very first news link said "Jordan Net Worth Jumps $350 Million To $1.65 Billion". I thought let's check his horoscope. It must be super special.

Dear radi,i have taken ADBs time as 1-40 pm for my analysis on the above point i.e esply his amass wealth point.

11th house is libra and its ruler is venus.Its karak house is taurus who is also under venus influence.so judging house ruler and its karak house ruler both are venus with 6th[public and institutional wealth]and 11th lordship of personal gains. such venus placed in the house of natural wealth karak jupiter i.e in sagittarius lagna,which is a upachaya house.If you study the wealth event dates and years ,all are happened in His venus mahadasha.His venus dasa is from 25-9-94 to 25-9-2014.I piled some incidents in his venus dasa regarding his riches.Read them below..

1-March 17, 2010 - The NBA's Board of Governors approves Jordan's purchase of the Charlotte Bobcats team, for $275 million. He becomes the second black majority owner of a major professional sports team.

2-December 12, 2013 - Former Utah Jazz ball boy Preston Truman sells the shoes Jordan wore during Game 5 of the 1997 NBA Finals at auction for $104,765/ June 2014 - Forbes announces that Jordan officially reaches billionaire status partly due to his ownership of the Hornets.

Now see his lagna lord jupiter who is in venus navamsa and in 2nd house of wealth in D9.JUPITER IS NATURAL WEALTH GENERATOR posited in upachaya sthana along with rewarding 9th lord sun in D1 & AS 9TH LORD OF NAVAMSA kundali,placed in 2nd lords house taurus ,ASPECTED BY 5TH LORD OF LUCK-SUN in D9.In hora chart venus itself is in HL-Libra.Again in hora also,venus is 6-11th lord posited in 11th of huge gains.

see his 9th lord sun dasa and some events-

November 22, 2016 - Jordan is awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Barack Obama.

October 2, 2017 - The sale of the Miami Marlins baseball team to a 16-person investment group for $1.2 billion is finalized. The investment group is led by principal owner Bruce Sherman and includes CEO Derek Jeter and Jordan -- Jordan owns about one-half of one percent.

October 9, 2017 - Novant Health announces a $7 million gift from Jordan to open two Novant Health Michael Jordan Family Clinics in Charlotte, North Carolina.

December 2017 - Ranks first on Forbes' list of Highest-Paid Athletes of All Time, with estimated career earnings of $1.85 billion.

March-19th of 2018 - Forbes, in its annual list of the world's billionaires, estimates Jordan's net worth at $1.6 billion.see the dasa-ad-pd-sd-psd of this event.It Happened In sun-sat-mars-jup-venus.so again the role of venus-jupiter is strongly evident for his huge wealth.

I also cross verified his other life events with 1-40 pm time and all are nicely matching and they are in-line.For your reference ,i am giving a few here-

1982-1984 - Plays for the University of North Carolina. They win the NCAA championship in 1982.

1984 - Member of the US Olympic basketball team that wins the gold medal in Los Angeles.

1984 - Is drafted by the Chicago Bulls, the third overall pick.

1992 - Member of the "Dream Team," helps the US men's team win the gold in the Summer Olympics in Barcelona.

1993 - Becomes the first player to be named NBA Finals MVP three years in a row.

August 3, 1993 - The body of Jordan's father, James, is found in South Carolina. Two young men are later convicted of his murder.

October 6, 1993 - Announces his retirement from the NBA.

February 7, 1994 - Signs a free agent minor league contract with the Chicago White Sox and is assigned to their AA affiliate Birmingham Barons.

March 2, 1995 - Leaves the White Sox spring training camp.

March 18, 1995 - Announces he is rejoining the Chicago Bulls and will wear number 45. His previous number, 23, had already been retired.

1996 - Is named NBA Finals MVP, regular season MVP, and All-Star Game MVP.

1996 - Named one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History by the NBA.

January 13, 1999 - Announces again he is retiring from basketball and that he is "99.9%" sure that he won't be coming back.

December 1999 - ESPN names him Athlete of the Century.

January 19, 2000 - Becomes part owner of the basketball team, the Washington Wizards.

October 30, 2001 - After resigning his position as president of basketball operations and selling his part ownership, makes a comeback playing basketball for the Washington Wizards.

April 16, 2003 - Plays his last game, against the Philadelphia 76ers. The Wizards lose 107-87 and Jordan scores 15 points.

February 1, 2004 - Founds Michael Jordan Motorsports, a motorcycle racing team.

December 13, 2007 - An Illinois appellate court rules in favor of Jordan in a dispute with a former lover who alleges he promised her $5 million to keep quiet about their affair.

January 24, 2009 - Named the new "Chief Wish Ambassador" for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Jordan will be the most prominent figure on the foundation's new Wish Ambassador Council.

September 11, 2009 - Is inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.

March 17, 2010 - The NBA's Board of Governors approves Jordan's purchase of the Charlotte Bobcats team, for $275 million. He becomes the second black majority owner of a major professional sports team.

February 6, 2013 - Pamela Smith files a paternity suit against Michael Jordan in Fulton County Superior Court (Georgia) claiming that Jordan is her son's father.

March 4, 2013 - Files a dismissal to the paternity suit filed against him.

March 15, 2013 - Smith withdraws the paternity suit, without prejudice. The possibility of refiling remains, as she stands by her claim that Jordan is the father of her teenage son.

December 12, 2013 - Former Utah Jazz ball boy Preston Truman sells the shoes Jordan wore during Game 5 of the 1997 NBA Finals at auction for $104,765. Despite suffering flu-like symptoms, Jordan scored 38 points and led the Bulls to win the game. Afterward, Jordan autographed and gave the sneakers, Air Jordan XII's, to Truman.

so my conclusion for his huge wealth are venus as first ranker ,jupiter /sun 2nd rankers.

joyd.

radiance
Contributor
Contributor

Post by radiance » 02 Apr 2018

Jhora shows AK as Jupiter, Moon not vargottam.

Time of birth is 1:40 PM(13:40). Birth certificate attached earlier. Hope nobody swapped babies in hospital as seen in bollywood movies :lol: Even in that case though the chart would be different not his palms.

Big B at least had an exalted vargottam Jupiter in pushkaramsa and 6th house gets 42 points in SAV. Also his fate line goes straight like a rod to Saturn mount.

But this one.. :?

radiance
Contributor
Contributor

Post by radiance » 02 Apr 2018

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 02 Apr 2018

Karthik ji,

I drafted a reply to your PM months ago but couldn't send because my ID is moderated, so don't have much of the forum functionality available. We can discuss in another thread unless a mod can enable PMs for now.

Radiance ji,

I used Mars in Jordan's chart to demo the importance of strengths other than exaltation /debilitation. Pretty sure he has other yogas too. I am highly doubtful on Nakshatra lord theory as it is not Parashari Astrology. For offshoot branches, nothing to add.

About the 'Top Astrologers' just ignore those clowns because you are right when say if it was given to an Astrologer without mentioning Jordan, it will be taken at face value. Even worse, if a rickshaw puller shared Jordan's chart versus a suited businessman (both saying it is a friend), the same Astrologer will give different predictions.

Most Astrologers can't tell their hand from their foot, let alone a real prediction. All they are doing is calculated guesswork (using simple or moving averages) which is why outliers like Jordan are impossible to predict, while for the rest (non outliers) the Astrologers are more or less right. It's like if you tell ten 29 to 31 year olds that they will get married within an year or two, you will be right 7 out of 10 times. Don't need Astrology for that, it just 'odds of life'.

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » 02 Apr 2018

Rathore Ji, Thanks for the Reply. Can i post the birth details in your post [Vargas are NOT to be read as Rashi] in Divisional charts section .

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 03 Apr 2018

Please post in a new thread. However if it's about a prediction, then I may not have the answers unless I am sure which may or may not happen. Plus I am not into timing.

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » 03 Apr 2018

Hi Rathore Ji, I will post in a new thread. Whatever you feel , please tell about the chart.

Thanks.

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 09 Apr 2018

here AL and HL has been totally overlooked. i think the key to this chart is moon lagna and jup sun combo in 4th from moon and aspecting AL and HL for wealth and properties.

for special talent 5th lord aspecting lagna and jup aspecting 5th is great.

at the outset i agree none could have predicted the amount of fame and worth he has had.

radiance
Contributor
Contributor

Post by radiance » 09 Apr 2018

I am a AV guy prefering visuals/audio over books. And as much as I wanted to refrain from including a link, your observation on jup sun in 4th from moon reminds of a video where Sanjay Ji says a single planet in the 4th from moon can be deadly for the person(4th from sun and 10th from moon are beneficial houses whereas 10th from sun and 4th from moon bad for finances & self respectively). I am unaware if this is available in any book etc as well.

The discussion just before this (starting 57:00) was on Abhijit muhurtha and how to find the equivalent planet in ones' chart. The explanation around sun & moon was to support the explanation. I bet anyone will be tempted to watch the full video though :wink:

https://youtu.be/T7toeSpkoJg?t=57m

PS: I am not associated nor support any social media site/consultancy/astrologer etc nor getting any benefit out of it. Only intention is to share and exchange knowledge on the subject.