8th house from moon

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Tinker
Contributor
Contributor
8th house from moon

Post by Tinker » 24 Oct 2017

How Malefic is the 8th house from moon? What could be the effects of dashas of the Lord of that house and the planets in that house?

joyd

Re: 8th house from moon

Post by joyd » 24 Oct 2017

[quote=Tinker post_id=246006 time=1508854569 user_id=18554]
How Malefic is the 8th house from moon? What could be the effects of dashas of the Lord of that house and the planets in that house?
[/quote]
----------------------------
It is going to be a lengthy reply.so specify any one lagna with natives details here.

joyd.

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedicmaths » 24 Oct 2017

hello tinker,

moon is a health planet. Moon also denotes mind. Hence both these can suffer
during the periods of planets placed from 8th.

There is also another school of thought about reading a chart. Not only from lagna,
but also from moon and sun. Its called tripod of life.

truly yours,
vedicmaths

Tinker
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. What if the 8th from moon is the 12th from Lagna? Does it make matters worse or better? I will be running mahadashas of planet ruling that house and in that house for the majority of my adult life. Hence the question.

Tinker
Contributor
Contributor

joyd, libra Lagna. Aquarius moon. Venus in 12th. Sun Mars Mercury Ketu in 11th. Jupiter in 9th. Saturn in 3rd.

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

hello tinker,

why are you so secretive about your birth details.. it could be aug 17 or 18, 1989
and birth time around 11 am ( this could vary plus or minus 60 mins or so.

truly yours,
vedicmaths

Tinker
Contributor
Contributor

vedicmaths, it could be because my 1st Lord and 8th Lord Venus is in 12th house.

joyd

In your case venus in 12th from ascendant and 8th from aquarius moon will give Moon results.so if venus dasa or antharas comes,venus spoils your 3rd and 10th house significations.Apart from venus,sun spoils the significations of 11th and gives a serious health problem.venus in 8th from moon will give retention of water in the feet area.If venus and sun are well placed in navamsa and In D-27,you can get some relief from these issues.You are asking blind questions without giving proper birth data.In such cases you will get half answers only.

joyd.

Tinker
Contributor
Contributor

joyd, thanks

Suresh_Chauhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Suresh_Chauhan » 24 Oct 2017

Some people like to self analyse and then not post their birth details. BUt they want to ask all concerned to see their chart and post replies in detail. Why bother, no need to respond.

:)

joyd

Yes suresh-from now onwards quirements must give their gender and birth info along with their questions.I like to answer such complete info questions only.I dont repeat this again and again.so quierents should aware of this hereafter.

joyd.

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

hello tinker,

what dasa and antar are running right now ?

truly yours
vedicmaths

lat
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lat » 25 Oct 2017

Joyd ,
can you please do a reading for my post here?

https://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/w ... 18&t=35659

Tinker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Tinker » 25 Oct 2017

vedicmaths, nevermind here are my details, 18 Aug 1989 11:30 am Trivandrum. Just wanted to know the general effects of having the Lagna Lord Venus in the 8th from moon in my life in general and in my relationships/marriage. Does it mean something like my relationship/marriage will hurt my moon/mind?

hari766
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hari766 » 28 Oct 2017

Tinker wrote:
24 Oct 2017
In my experience the sub period of the planet in/Lord of the house 8th from moon, has been one of total transformation of mental outlook towards various matters. I felt as though I had undergone a rebirth, mentally. I have the Sun as 9th Lord in 9th house, placed 8th from the moon.

Tinker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Tinker » 28 Oct 2017

hari766, thanks for sharing. I had a very similar experience. The planet you have in the 8th from moon is in its own house in good dignity. The planet I have in the 8th from moon is debilitated. The events/experiences that triggered my transformation were quite painful. If you don't mind sharing, how was it for you?

SM1983
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SM1983 » 29 Oct 2017

[quote=Tinker post_id=246006 time=1508854569 user_id=18554]
[/quote]

What is the importance of 8th house from moon? The reason why I am asking,my recent transit of Saturn (Scorpio) is extremely extremely horrible. It made me a dead person. Hope my question relates to the topic.

Libra (Lagna)-Saturn (R)
Scorpio-Jupiter (R)
Aries-Moon+Mercury

Thanks,
SM1983

joyd

Post by joyd » 29 Oct 2017

sm-quoted like this in his above reply"What is the importance of 8th house from moon? The reason why I am asking,my recent transit of Saturn (Scorpio) is extremely extremely horrible. It made me a dead person. Hope my question relates to the topic."
-------------
Most of the times,the answers lies with in our questions,when we try to use our god given Brains.I have seen 99% of astro students are very lethargic regarding this issue.SM-think it deeply why your saturn's scorpio transit is deadly in nature and post your findings here.
-----------------
Tinker- it is very sorry to say that ,retro/exaltation/debili/ are the 3 topics in astrology are very loosely discussed ones very frequently by every one..so don't try to throw the result part on any one of them.In your case,you said it is debilitation.Before coming to a conclusion ,one must have through understanding on it.Loose conclusions never pay and never satisfy a true knowledge seeker.Don't wait for my answers and explanations on your posed question.First allot time to think on it on various angles.If you failed in your efforts,then come to me with what you have worked on it[i mean your findings]..

joyd.

SM1983
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SM1983 » 29 Oct 2017

Hello Joydji,
I don't have much knowledge about this. I felt it is the death of emotional health. I think 8th house is also related to death. If emotional health is not OK, physical health also goes bad. My physical health also not good. It was the phase which I never thought in my dream also.

Sorry for the confusion in yoga section.
Thanks,

Tinker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Tinker » 29 Oct 2017

SM1983,
Saturn's transit in the 8th house from Moon is called Ashtama Shani. It is considered a bad transit in general. In your case, Saturn transiting in Scorpio was in the 8th from your Aries moon. I had a very similar experience to yours when Saturn transited Virgo which is 8th from my Aquarius moon. It began to get better as soon as Saturn left Virgo. Hopefully, you'll feel better soon.

Tinker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Tinker » 29 Oct 2017

joyd,
thanks much for your advice. I will try to follow them.
But, I am quite puzzled and confused as to why you are talking to me about my question to hari766 asking him/her to share how a certain period was if he/she didn't mind doing so.
Besides, I am not waiting for any answers from you.
Anyways, thanks again.

SM1983
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SM1983 » 30 Oct 2017

Thanks Tinker for your reply.Great to listen that you got relief. I am waiting for it. By the way, your Saturn is retro or direct?
Regards,
SM1983

Tinker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Tinker » 30 Oct 2017

SM1983,
I can totally relate to the death of emotional health you are talking about. It was the worst period in my life so far. I was always depressed, anxious and feeling insecure. My physical energy level was very low as well. I felt like everyone around me was my enemy.
After the end of that transit, things happened in such a way that I moved to a different place among better and more loving people. My energy level also increased but very slowly. So be patient, stay positive and try your best. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Saturn in my birthchart is retrograde.

SM1983
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Tinker,

Exactly same experience word by word. My physical energy also very very low. Not a single minute I felt well mentally and physically in last 3 years.Frankly not slept also almost 3 years. A dead body went to office and came back to home.A complete halt. As I mentioned my Saturn also retrograde.

Yes,I am trying hard to be positive. You rightly mentioned "Don't be too hard on yourself". I am just trying to let it go. When ever I tried to question too much about my condition, it came back in much much bigger way. Now I have surrendered completely.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Regards,

SM1983

SM1983
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I am also working in same company and staying at same place last 8.5 years. A change in job and place really can help to forget bad times.

Regards,

SM1983