Saturn - vargottam in simha for vrischika lagna

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
vee3
Contributor
Contributor
Saturn - vargottam in simha for vrischika lagna

Post by vee3 » 10 Oct 2017

Namaskarams to all,

Joyd - Hope you are doing good. Would you be able to explain the significance of Saturn in my chart?

I know it is a lot of observations and questions, but if you can clear these questions, I greatly appreciate your help in understanding.

Other members are also welcome in clarifying my questions.

July, 3, 1979 @ 17:07 in Chennai

1. Saturn is Vargottama in simha navamsa (d1 and d9) - Vargottama implies strong definite results of accrued karma or does it mean a saattvic placement?
2. Shadbala for Saturn highest after Sun in this chart - Denotes the strength. Is it preferable to have low strength for Saturn?
3. Natal Saturn has AV score 1, but if seeing transit wise most other houses have 3 or more - 3+ AV score gives better results in general. Is it same for Saturn?
4. Temporal relationship wise all planets are friends for Saturn except the 2 nodes. Compound relation wise all planets are either friends or neutral. - Does this mean anything? i.e., will Saturn remain either neutral/benefic for all planets in their dashas and vice versa?
5. Lagna lord Mars is inimical. Rasi is also in nakshatra of Mars - Can Saturn ever be a benefic for Mars ruled people?
6. Mutual aspects by 2 malefics - Mars(kendra/lagnadhipathi) and Ketu(from Saturns own kendra house) - Is this like enemies looking at each other?
7. Saturn is in house of Sun(10L) who is placed in 8H(but in pushkarabhaga) from lagna - will this give good strength to 10H?
8. Saturn is in nakshatra of Venus(7L, 12L) who is also placed in 8H from lagna - Param mithra for saturn but placed in 8H -This looks like a bad placement for venus - is it?
9. Saturn is 12th from Moon(AK) in both d1 and d9 - is this a bad placement?
10. Saturn aspects are on 12H(house of venus), 4H(own house but occupied by ketu), 7H(house of venus, but occupied by mars) - Is Saturn purely malefic for mars dasha borns or will it give benefic results since it aspects own house and house of its param mithra?
11. In general can Mars-Saturn mutual aspect ever be beneficial?

Warm regards and hoping I get some clarity with all your help.
Veena

Vidyarthi
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Re: Saturn - vargottam in simha for vrischika lagna

Post by Vidyarthi » 18 Oct 2017

Hello Veena,

The Saturn is in Leo but conjoined with Rahu. Its depositor Sun is in Gemini with Venus. It is in the star of Venus. Hence Rajasik nature prevails.
The strength of Saturn is good for not giving negative results.
Saturn having AV 1 point and conjoined with Rahu renders weakness
Saturn is malefic for all planets except for Venus and mercury.
Saturn does not act as benefic for Aries and Scorpio Asc nativities
Yes the Mars tendency to do good gets hampered by Ketu
No the 10th house is weak being occupied by Saturn who is 6th and 7th house lord from 10th house.
Any planets posited in trik houses loses its beneficience
The position of Saturn 12th from AK indicates your Ishta as Lord Ishwara
Saturn aspects are not good for materialistic prospectus
the Mutual aspect between Saturn and Mars is not good for any nativity. But in the process both gets their malefic effects under check though
Saturn cannot give aspired good results for the fact of aspects and position in the chart
Best wishes

vee3
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vee3 » 19 Oct 2017

Thank you for taking the time Vidyarthi

Nagesh Rao

Post by Nagesh Rao » 19 Oct 2017

I am not sure what 'student' means. We are all students of this fascinating science of astrology, whose understanding can only be understood with a finite link to advaitism and Kashmiri Shaivism. To begin with I would urge you to get out of this mind-set about Sattva being good, Tamas being bad etc. You will see several examples in horoscopes and in the ancient literature [which is the only reference you should go for and not any modern astrologer], that Ketu is a benefic [he gives marriage]; Rahu gives marriage [I got married in Rahu dasa]; Jupiter can destroy you etc etc. So we see that all planets have good and bad swatantrya shakti. All have to be respected. They are maligned unnecessarily. When we pray to the navagrahas in temples we pray to all, not just to Jupiter, Venus, mercury etc. I think the confusion has come about because of latter day attempts of Adi Sankara to simplify matters to common people with his 25 tattvas, where he uses gunas as responsible for creation. But in original Saivism as propogated by Siva to Durvasa, this NOT the case. The three gunas as has been propagated in the millenia afterwards are a maya, a myth of Kali yuga. They do NOT exist. They are malas or kinchukas. I would urge you to read the wonderful book on Kashmir Saivism by Lakshman Jhoo. You can get it on Amazon.

Now that I have given the necessary pre-amble let me try to answer your queries.

a) Saturn is Vargottama in simha navamsa (d1 and d9) - Vargottama implies strong definite results of accrued karma or does it mean a saattvic placement?

Yes Vargottama means that the nature of the planet enhances. Saturn is considered a malefic on the naisargika level, but may be totally different in a chart. It could for example be a lagnesa. It also means that the maleficity is zero. So Saturn is going to be good for the native.

b) Shadbala for Saturn highest after Sun in this chart - Denotes the strength. Is it preferable to have low strength for Saturn?

NOOOOOO. Look at my pre-amble. That is not the case, please. I don't want to labour this point. You just need to find the answer yourself.

I will NOT bother answering further. Understanding planets and what they are is the primary aim of astrology. Rest of the posting seems to demonstrate a lack of understanding of what planets, astrology and hinduism stands for.

Suresh_Chauhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Suresh_Chauhan » 19 Oct 2017

Nagesh Rao, are you saying Saturn will be positive for this chart? Shani is usually negative for all Scorpio natives unless the malefic nature is cancelled or it is in 6, 8, 12 dusthanas. Here the lagna lord Mangal himself aspects Shani, and Shani in turn looks thru 10th aspect. So some cancellation of negative results could be possible as the nakshatra influences could lessen the harshness.

There is strong Pitru dosh in 10th house - Shani/Rahu conjunction is 2 degrees, very strong. Will impact the 4th house of mother, comforts, vehicles and natural significator Moon. Do not mistake Jupiter plus Mercury and the Moon on either side to be Mild Shubh kartari because Mercury here is malefic ruling 8th and 11th. Jupiter in 9th ruling 2nd and 5th houses is very good, will take care of many problems.

I think there may be many ups and downs in career, domestic life so peace of mind will be less. In D9 too Sun and Moon have been taken over by nodes, that too on 1-7 axis. Relationships will not be easy for the native. Give feedback if the comments as written whether they match life experiences.

joyd

Post by joyd » 19 Oct 2017

Veena-

EXcept sun all the remaining planets in your kundali are in good positions.so dont worry and your saturn's mahadasha is going to be an excellent one.Don't expect any kind of positive result in saturn-sun Period.Among the remaining AD's ,Mars-venus-Mercury-Jupiter-Rahu-ketu-are fully favourable and where as sun AD is bad,saturn is 75% good and Moons AD is 50% good .Saturn is on vital house and 8th house venus ,not under combustion.so be 100% confident on your saturns positive results.
joyd.

joyd

Post by joyd » 20 Oct 2017

especially-saturn-Mars AND saturn-venus are excellent in saturn dasa.

joyd

vee3
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vee3 » 20 Oct 2017

Thank you Nagesh, Suresh and joyd for the responses.

Nagesh-ji - Not everyone is at same level or your level of understanding. I am not an astrologer, so if I understand 1% of my chart correctly, it is a big thing for me. I thank you for taking the time and effort. About hinduism - spirituality is different for each person, so there is nothing to blame or be mean to anyone for where they stand.

Suresh-ji - Not sure about pitru dosh effects(i dont understand what you say here - 4th house significations?) Parents are loving to me and I respect and love them even if I blame them(not too much) for marrying me early without looking properly.

Joyd - I think your predictions that things will be good will turn out true (intuitive feeling or hopeful wish). I expect wavering, worrying mind due to strength of moon. And for this reason I want to have continuous busy work life - so that I dont have time to dwell on past or worry on future and just deal with problems at hand.
Also Jupiter was 75% strength. At the end of JupDasha - I feel a better person.

Some background
career - role-wise stagnant and changed 7 jobs overall but mostly working even if were low paying.
marital life - arranged marriage without delay in '01, From 2002-2011- husband's family commitments were very heavy and some were unnecessary (a big jackfruit and some more on two sparrow heads). So our life was very frugal, no wish fulfillments, dejected life even when both were earning. Year 2011 - eye opener & re-birth year for me. After Nov '12 - better paying job, marital life - wish fulfillment gradually. Commitment level is also just his parents now.
Spouse is a srirama - If I dont see him as a wife, then I wud want him as a son, a cousin, a friend or a grandson etc. I couldn't leave him even when he was wrong or even in my most dejected state.

So on a birds-eye view level - healthy, still married and working!

joyd

Post by joyd » 20 Oct 2017

Veena- Before I depend on intuition, i see the chart in various angles.My use of intuition is only 10% and the remaining 90% things on various hidden angles of a chart.Once again i am assuring you that saturn dasa will give you a positive turn in your life.I don't like hopeful boostings of the things in a chart and sometimes i am very straight forwardly announce my view[even it is a negative one].

joyd.

vee3
Contributor
Contributor

Nagesh-ji - Please dont mistake me. I am not saying you are mean or anything. Just that it is not yet my time to understand them.

vee3
Contributor
Contributor

Wow. Thank you joyd. This is very positive and reassuring.
Also appreciate you spending time and effort to look at chart for free here in this forum. And hoping you don't mind if some silly questions come in between.

Thanks again for looking at my chart at various angles and letting me know of your view.
veena