planets that give occult power

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
MeeraL
Contributor
Contributor
planets that give occult power

Post by MeeraL » 11 Jul 2017

Hello,

What are the planets and conjunctions that make a person with occult power sentive to energy? Is just Ketu and Rahu or also Saturn and Mars in Scorpio?

Thank you.

joyd

Re: planets that give occult power

Post by joyd » 05 Nov 2017

scorpio-Aquarius are first rated occult signs.Any planet in these sign placement activates zeal in occult studies.Uranus-neptune aspects on these sign placed planets or in these signs also good for occult studies.World famous astrologers always have the PAC of Neptune & Sun.Sparkling occult predictions are due to the aspect of Rahu on/in 2nd house[they must be either aquarius or scorpio].Neptunes own sign is Pisces.so when 8th lord or 2nd lord or venus [first rated]in pisces will give excellency in occult sciences.There are other several combinations but these are very key ones.

joyd.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 06 Nov 2017

Besides those that I have written, I also have :

In the Rasi chart :

Uranus in Leo aspecting Aquarius (7th aspect)
Neptune in Libra aspecting Aquarius (the 5th aspect) - Neptune is like Jupiter and give trine aspects
And of course my Jupiter is in Aquarius
My Neptune aspects Sun in Gemini as well and of course my Jupiter aspects Sun. All in Moksha houses.

I have Uranus (ruling Aquarius) and Pluto (ruling Scorpio) in the 2nd house. It is just like having both Aquarius and Scorpio overlaying the 2nd house. Now my Rahu is in the 1st. Rahu is the mouth. Rahu is retrogade so it has just passed through the 2nd house and left its impact there. So it has a strong influence on the 2nd house when it is posited in the 1st house in the chart.

In the Navamsa chart :

My Jupiter is in Pisces in Navamsa in the 8th house. Aspects Mars and Rahu in Scorpio in the 4th house. Note sure where my Uranus and Neptune is in the Navamsa.

joyd

Post by joyd » 06 Nov 2017

Don't include pluto .I mentioned only Neptune-uranus in outer planets category.pluto not related to occult but mass destruction like saturn + Rahu combo in 6th house.

joyd.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 06 Nov 2017

Oops, sorry

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

Post by majestik108 » 06 Nov 2017

I'm sorry but I find this absurd. Why are we mixing Western astrology with Jyotish? Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are not part of Vedic Astrology.

The only reason I see people including them is because they think the rishis didn't know about them and that they are simply advancing the science by adding modern findings to it.

This is wrong. The Rishis DID know about the outer planets (and much more), but they only included the 7 planets and the two nodes because that's their karma, to affect humans and the Earth as a whole.

I mean why stop at Uranus and Neptune? Let's add Phobos, TItan, Ganymede and Io to the upagrahas too then!

joyd

Post by joyd » 07 Nov 2017

Dear majestik.you have not red our great epics with zeal.sorry to say this and at the same time i pity on your understand about outer planets Neptune-uranus-pluto.please the read the following analysis of mine which was taken from Mahabharata..These planets are first described and discovered by sage vyasa.Western astrologer just gave the names to them

planets beyond Saturn & Maha bharatham…

Modern astronomers claimed & boasted that the outer planets are their exclusive discovery but when we carefully read the copy of Mahabharatha published by the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute, pune,one must undergoes severalsurprises after regarding these outer planets description wth their special Sanskrit names..For example-In the third canto of Bhishma ?parva we read:..

There was Sveta Craha then transiting the constellation Chitra. In verse 15, there is a mention of ,Shyamo graha,.Calculating backwards we find that this Sveta planet is no other than Neptune..

The variant reading is 'Maha Patah'. This was no other than Uranus, which as the concluding part of this verse states, was in Sravana. The Shyama planet was shining while Rahu was in Jyeshtha.

Then in Bhishma ?parva we read:

At that time some planet was in Krittika' By calculating backwards we identify this as Pluto.In the conversation between Karna and Krishna in Udyoga parva (Canto 145) Mahapata (Uranus) was said to bein Chitra.

In Udyoga ?parva we read-

The variant reading is - This is Uranus. The great sage Vyasa knew about Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. Indians Were the first to discover these extra-Saturnine planets. Uranus and Pluto are also said to be violent. That Uranus, Neptune and Pluto influenced the course of events was clearly stated by Vyasa….

Joyd.

joyd

Great sage vyasa himself included these planets at the time kurukshetra war in his of Mahabharatha.can you blame sage vyasa also for including these planets in his war chart analysis ? please Don't reply and comment with half knowledge on vedic issues.

joyd.

joyd

Majestik-read it. you are really enlightened on who invented the Neptune-uranus-pluto trio subject.The usage of extra saturnine planets like shayama/Maha patha[uranus] /swetha..

planets beyond Saturn & Maha bharatham…

Modern astronomers claimed & boasted that the outer planets are their exclusive discovery but when we carefully read the copy of Mahabharatha published by the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute, pune,one must undergoes several surprises after regarding these outer planets description with their special Sanskrit names..For example-In the third canto of Bhishma ?parva we read:..

There was Sveta graha then transiting the constellation Chitra. In verse 15, there is a mention of ,Shyamo graha,.Calculating backwards we find that this Sveta planet is no other than Neptune..

The variant reading is 'Maha Patah'. This was no other than Uranus, which as the concluding part of this verse states, was in Sravana. The Shyama planet was shining while Rahu was in Jyeshtha.

Then in Bhishma ?parva we read:

At that time some planet was in Krittika' By calculating backwards we identify this as Pluto.In the conversation between Karna and Krishna in Udyoga parva (Canto 145) Mahapata (Uranus) was said to bein Chitra.

In Udyoga ?parva we read-

The variant reading is - This is Uranus. The great sage Vyasa knew about Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. Indians Were the first to discover these extra-Saturnine planets. Uranus and Pluto are also said to be violent. That Uranus, Neptune and Pluto influenced the course of events was clearly stated by Vyasa….

joyd.

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

Post by majestik108 » 07 Nov 2017

I've never claimed to be an expert in Jyotish, but I know enough to know that the trans-Saturnine planets were not, are not, and will never be a part of Jyotish.

It doesn't matter what Vyasa did, Parashara didn't mention the planets, neither did Jaimini, Phaladeepika, Varahamihira or Bhrigu. Occam's razor applies here. Neptune, Uranus and Pluto are not part of Jyotish. Their existence was known to the rishis but they didn't include them because they do not affect individuals' karma. They may affect the karma of the environment, but everything in space does.

There is no scriptural basis to your claims.

joyd

Mstik-i have already given scriptural evidence for it in my reply.Hope you skipped those lines.Again i am giving it here for your enlightenment.

when we carefully read the copy of Mahabharatha published by the Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute, pune,one must undergoes several surprises after regarding these outer planets description with their special Sanskrit names.In it there are 3 sanskrit slokas which describes these outer planets.

still you argue on it,please do some tapasya for sage vyasa and ask him his original written copy of Mahabharatha as a boon.

joyd.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 08 Nov 2017

hey, I'm just going to add that I think the main question "majestik108" has is why haven't Parashara, Jaimini, bhrigu, etc... Phaladeepika, Varahamihira and so on mention use of Uranus/Neptune/Pluto, or mention things like Neptune ruling pisces,etc.

Most "astrologers" or and least astrology fans on this forum follow what is in classic astrology texts like BPHS, Brihat Jataka, etc.. and not what the mahabharatha says.
I'm not saying this is the correct way and one should ignore mahabharatha, but just that this is why many people say "no" to outer planets.

so why aren't they used in such texts like BPHS, Jatak Patijat, Phaladeepika,etc. ?

because I am saying they are not mentioned, I am not saying it is wrong to use them....though I don't use them since I don't like to use things that don't have classical (astrology) text backings and techniques (like if I read parashara say "Uranus rules Khumba" then this would be a different story...)

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

Post by majestik108 » 09 Nov 2017

See joyd you're missing my point again completely. These are the three points I'm making:

1. The outer planets are not mentioned in ANY actual Vedic astrological scripture.

2. Vyasa was not known for his Jyotish ability, his father was.

3. The Mahabharata is not a treatise on Jyotish and was never intended to be taken that way.

joyd

Post by joyd » 09 Nov 2017

Maj-2- Vyasa was not known for his Jyotish ability, his father was./That is enough qualification for vyasa for his jyotishya skills.

3-The Mahabharata is not a treatise on Jyotish and was never intended to be taken that way./you are forgotten a key things about our epics.They are nothing but coded astrological dictums in the form of stories[including Ramayana]

JOYD.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 10 Nov 2017

Joyd, how right you are that the scriptures are coded astrological dictums.

That is the reason why Jyotish is considered as the eyes of the Vedas.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 10 Nov 2017

Pretty sure Parashar and any significant Sage also saw Uranus, Neptune, Chiron etc. in their divine eye. But they do NOT matter in Jyotish, hence they don't make it to Jyotish Shastras.
Besides Astrological knowledge is passed on to humans by Gods. And its obvious that Gods know about Pluto, Neptune, Moons of any planets etc. But again they do NOT matter and therefore do NOT get a mention.

From actual Jyotish texts one can see that the five Primordial elements are already assigned to non-luminaries actual Grahas. Here are the assignments (and I am NOT talking about the Planet's nature, that is a different characteristic).

Jupiter: Space Saturn: Air Mars: Fire Venus: Water and Mercury: Earth :arrow:

So are we going to keep inventing primordial elements (Panch-bhootas) as we find more planets? Obviously no. Therefore this thread is a prime example of ignorance and its sister low IQ on the part of so called (usually self proclaimed) 'learned men'.

But lets say one starts considering Uranus (out of sheer idiocy) how do they determine its aspects, rulerships, friendship, effects etc? They can't. Anyone who says 'by experience it can be determined' the answer is - Yeah bite me 😂😂😂

About the part that all epics and scriptures are "nothing but coded Astrological dichtums". This is as ignorant as it gets here on Earth. The Epics at their essence are Lifestyle Texts. That lifestyle includes many social, economic, religious, spiritual, civic, politics, health, rituals, education and other components. Astrology falls under this as just one more mini-component. So there is no need to equate Epics and Scriptures with just "Astrology".

If Jyotish is the eyes of Vedas then Vyakaran (grammar) is the face, Nirukta (Etymology) Ears etc. This is just a model for understanding similar to how 'Kaalpurush' is a model used in Astrology. Therefore it is sheer stupidity to deduce that since Jyotish is the eye therefore all scriptures /epics are just coded Astrology. Scriptures and Epics are much more than Astrology and in terms of limbs of Vedas they are also Grammar, Etymology, Pronunciation etc. In terms of lifestyle they are social, economic, civics and other components mentioned earlier in this post.

Lastly, its good to not be a simpleton, so apply some real thought please.

Suresh_Chauhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Suresh_Chauhan » 10 Nov 2017

To Rathore's write-up, we need to add - Eyes are mere sense organs. They take visual input and convey it to the brain, just like the 4 other sense organs.

Brain is the really important thing, it is the processing power, the seat of intelligence, cognition, memory and all the functionality associated with beiing human.

If the eyes can see, but brain can't process, you still will be just as blind. Hope you understand this.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 15 Nov 2017

Rathore,

I have not read through everything of what you said yet.

But offhand I would say that people of past Yugas they are more intelligent than people of Kali Yuga, the current Yuga. The astrological dicta contained in the scriptures become meaningless to us. Thus Parasara distill the essential concepts to start the trend of Jyotish Shastras. Of course you are also partially correct in the sense that he distill the more important precepts that give the greatest effects. But that does not mean the secondary precepts are so unimportant that it is not deemed worthy of our attention.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 16 Nov 2017

Khoo, until one actually understands the ancient texts one cannot move forward with so called "secondary" precepts. So until you understand the very basic premise of how primordial elements are assigned to planets, and that there cannot be any new "elements" then you are misleading yourself into "secondary" precepts.

An attempt to neutralize the obvious using weak arguments such as current Yug, and what the Sages were thinking while teaching Astrology is just your personal guess based on wrong knowledge accumulated over years. Therefore these replies to your threads are essentially to tell readers that your posts have negative value to offer.

Suresh_Chauhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Suresh_Chauhan » 16 Nov 2017

Rathore,

I think he does not understand the immemorial nature of time. Its a concept that is relevant only to human evolution in solar system. Universe does no care about time.

in fact, using relativity and quantum mechanics one can justify time standing still, time moving backwards and other stuff. This is how the black holes and dark matter in universe work.

But no point trying to explain it to him.

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

Post by majestik108 » 17 Nov 2017

I would like your posts if I could, Rathore and Suresh.

On a side note, it's so refreshing to see vigorous discussion like this on the board. I've seen posts around Astroboy's (the legend) time and this board seemed to be amazing back then.

Gokul1234
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Gokul1234 » 24 Feb 2018

Hi all. Ive just begun to read about jyotisha, but i think the reason why our sages did not include neptune, uranus etc was because of the huge distance. Planets beyond saturn are simply too far away to influence our minds to a measurable level. (The planet next to saturn, uranus is twice as far from the sun, compared to saturn). Kepler's inverse square law dictates that the force between 2 bodies is inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them....im not too sure, but i think this is the same reason why sun and moon have just one box each in our charts. Sun is too big and energetic and the moon is too close.