Rahu - Friends, Enemies and Neutrals

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
aftra07
Rahu - Friends, Enemies and Neutrals

Post by aftra07 » 17 May 2017

We know for natural / permanent relationships, rulers of 2, 4, 5 8, 9 and 12th houses from mooltrikona of a planet are its friends apart from the exaltation rasi. Others are enemies; if they become friend and an enemy due to them owning two houses then they are neutral.

For Rahu, when I saw that there are inconsistent information out there, I did the calculations.

I used mooltrikona for Rahu to be Gemini as mentioned in Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra chapter 47, verse 34 - 39, which says: ......"The exaltation Rasi of Rahu is Vrishabh. The exaltation Rasi of Ketu is Vrischik. The Multrikonas of Rahu and Ketu are Mithun and Dhanu. The own Rasis of Rahu and Ketu are Kumbh and Vrischik.".....

************************************************************************************************************************************
When I use Gemini (Mithun) as Mooltrikona, the friends, enemies and neutrals are:

RAHU:
Mooltrikona: Gemini

Friend Conditions:
Exaltation: Taurus (Venus)
2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12: Cancer, Virgo, Libra, Capricorn, Aquarius, Taurus (Moon, Mercury, Venus, Saturn, Saturn, Venus)

Enemy conditions:
3, 6, 7, 10, 11: Leo, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Pisces, Aries (Sun, Mars, Jupiter, Jupiter, Mars)

Friend: Venus, Saturn, Mercury, Moon
Enemies: Sun, Mars, Jupiter
Neutral: (shares friend and enemy): None

This appears to be inconsistent with what I found on the site http://www.barbarapijan.com/bpa/Graha/g ... _enemy.htm

************************************************************************************************************************************
But when I tried with Aquarius (Kumbh) which as per BPHS is own sign, the friends, enemies and neutrals are:

RAHU:
Mooltrikona: Aquarius

Friend Conditions:
Exaltation: Taurus (Venus)
2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12: Pisces, Taurus, Gemini, Virgo, Libra, Capricorn (Jupiter, Venus, Mercury, Mercury, Venus, Saturn)

Enemy conditions:
3, 6, 7, 10, 11: Aries, Cancer, Leo, Scorpio, Sagittarius (Mars, Moon, Sun, Mars, Jupiter)

Friend: Venus, Saturn, Mercury
Enemies: Moon, Sun, Mars
Neutral: (shares friend and enemy): Jupiter

These results are consistent with what I see on the barbarapijjan website. http://www.barbarapijan.com/bpa/Graha/g ... _enemy.htm

Question:
Are there exceptions to Rahu that Friends, Enemies calculations need to be done from their own sign and not mooltrikona sign? (I am assuming what I see on BPHS text is accurate that Rahu's Mooltrikona is Gemini)

Any feedback or inputs please?