Whitney Houston's musical abilities

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 21 Aug 2006

Hi Indira,
It's my understanding that the 2nd house represents voice and singing, because the 2nd house represents the mouth, speech, food, the quality of one's voice etc. A case in point is an example of a woman with Jupiter in the 2nd house of Libra and K.N. Rao pointed out that this represents training in singing, which the woman had. If you look at the chart of Celine Dion you'll also find Jupiter in the 2nd house, aspected by 2 benefics, Mercury and Venus. I believe this is what gives her her reputed 5 octave range. She is very clear that she doesn't drink or do drugs which is evidenced by the benefic planets aspecting the 2nd house. Celine Dion's chart:

I'm curious where you heard that this was attributed to the 3rd house, and the logic behind this. My understanding is that the 3rd house is fine arts and music but not the quality of one's voice, and singing specifically. Please explain why you say, "Since third house represents voice and singing". Vaughn Paul
Last edited by Vaughn Paul on 22 Aug 2006, edited 25 times in total.

Vaughn Paul
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Vaughn Paul » 22 Aug 2006

Dear Indira and Satya,
Thanks for taking the time to find references Indira. Your explanation of why so many houses relate to singing, particularly operatic singing, is well done.

Yesterday I did some research into this question of the 2nd and 3rd houses and was very motivated to find out what was the correct perspective was. What I came up with is that we're both right as Satya just wrote. A way of explaining this logically is that the 3rd house is the 2nd from the 2nd so according to the principle of bhavat bhavam they should share qualities, just like the 3rd and the 5th represent creative artistic expression, the 5th being the 3rd from the 3rd. Some classic texts refer to the 2nd house as singing and others refer to the 3rd house. It's undisputed that the 2nd house represents speech, mouth etc. I agree with Satya that the 2nd gives the quality of one's voice. If the 2nd house, 2nd lord is not well aspected but the 3rd house is, then it could represent someone with musical abilities but who may not necessarily be a vocalist. Conversely, if the 2nd house is well aspected but the 3rd house (or 5th) isn't, then musical expression is not likely.

It's a little talked about phenemenon that the houses are also masculine and feminine like the signs. The 1st, 3rd, 5th, etc are masculine houses which are expressive, yang, outward moving, whereas the 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th etc. are feminine houses which are more passive, receptive, and inward moving. This is, of course, only one aspect of the houses as the 6th is also a house of competition and fighting which is another aspect. But when we think of the difference between the 2nd and 3rd houses we should note that the 2nd is less expressive and less creative than the 3rd. Therefore, a singer cannot only have a good 2nd house. They may have a nice voice but no motivation to sing or express themselves musically - theyd be more likely to just sing in the shower! Vaughn Paul

devpatel
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Whitney Houston's musical abilities

Post by devpatel » 08 Feb 2011

I agree with the 3rd house being the house of Singing, sounds, vocal cords.

A long time back i attended a US call centre, in my engg. college break. The first month training that
i went under was" Voice and Accent training". Many of us know of it. Everybody joining the call centre
undergoes the training,.. mandatory. The trainer was highly experienced in singing. He had several years
of singing field experience in the US.

believe it or not, i was appreciated the most. I have exalted Rahu in 3rd(taurus), every word i spoke was taken seriously. He was just so impressed hearing my sounds. He stated many time over and over again, that "My sounds are Remarkable".

I was the topper in the Mock test, they call it mock call . I had become famous among the people there. This
happened way back in 2005. Therefore, yes, you will have to consider 3rd house for voice, sounds, vocal cords.

Lal Kitab states that Rahu in 3rd : voice like that of a tiger.

The second house is the speech, hair, face, family, family wealth.

devpatel
Contributor
Contributor

Post by devpatel » 08 Feb 2011

http://www.theja.com.au/index.php?id=vedic_houses.

3rd house (Bratru Bhava):

Called 'Bratru' (brother) house, this is the house of brothers and sisters (siblings), signifies success through own efforts, courage, bravery, adventures, initiative, motivation, fine arts (singing, dancing, directors), voice, matters relating to communication such as writing, shoulders, arms, neck, throat, right ear, hands boldness and short journeys. One is made singer by this house only.

delilah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by delilah » 13 Apr 2011

Perhaps my chart will help others in this matter some. I am virgo lagna with debilitated moon in the 3rd house. Under rulership of the moon in my 11th are Grahas Sun, Jupiter, Merc, and Venus. As a child I did well in singing. As a young child even as young as 5 or 6 my drawings were held up as examples to the class. My first paying job was as a singer at age 12. I sung mostly religious music under the instruction of a voice teacher that gave free lessons at my school. However I did not make singing a career- my parents did not support the activity and so when the teacher left the school when I turned 13, that was the end of that. However I was given a partial scholarship for college to study acting at a top university that gave this scholarship strictly based on one's acting audition and ability. Perhaps if my moon was not debilitated I would have been able to make a living off these things but I was not.