Sravana nakshatra people?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Sravana nakshatra people?

Post by tandav » 08 Apr 2017

I've read that Sravana nakshatra is ruled by the symbol of reclining Vishnu who closes his eyes and listens (since Sravana is also ruled by the ear) to the universe. Does this mean that Sravana individuals are very gentle and passive? I have met a sravana individual and they are passive, however I have only met them recently, so I could be wrong. But it surprises me how any nakshtra in Capricorn could be so passive. Capricorn is the archetype hustler with a serious face. But passive? It seems odd.

I was just wondering if anyone else could verify this about Sravana individuals. Thanks.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sravana nakshatra people?

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 09 Apr 2017

The thing about Sravana nakshatra is that :

Abhijit is just around the corner.

Moon the planet signifying the mind rules it and is given full play by Vishnu which is represented by Mercury the planet ruling the intellect.

Sravana nakshatra is fully in Capricorn where Mars is exalted and Saturn rules the sign. If either one becomes retrogade, it becomes the other according to one astrologer. Yet aspects by its friends would cause the retrogade planet to revert back to its original status and aspect by its enemies would cause it to switch gear not true to its original status ie. it switches to the other planet in the pair mentioned. Either way, the Mars and Saturn are still strong when they retrogade in Capricorn

Sravana contains the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th padas of the sign Capricorn. These are padas of strength because if counting as if by signs, they are the Moon's own sign and Sun, Mercury and Venus moolatrikona signs. Moon is strong in own sign because Jupiter is exalted there.

If you divide the 27 nakshatras into three groups of 9 each, Sravna is in the last group which is the most powerful and it is ruled by the Moon, technically speaking the planet that controls the rest of the other planets. Moon is prakriti.

Any of the nodes in Sravana means the snake deity has obtained the blessings from God Vishnu and since it is the snake which Visnu is reclining on, the snake is carrying spiritual power on top of its body.

Here Sravana is flanked by Uttara Ashahda and Dhanista both ruled by fiery planets at the peak of their power - Dhanista contains Mars highest exaltation point and Uttara Ashahda deity are the Visvadevas. So any planet transiting towards and away from Sravana are given a breadth of powerful energy including Sravana itself.

Best Regards
Khoo

tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tandav » 09 Apr 2017

Thanks for the detailed description Khoo Ji. From observing my friend, I can second the idea of this nakshatra being mystically powerful.

However my question was regarding the practical nature of this nakshatra, and whether or not they are passive individuals or quietly active. Given the connotations with reclining Vishnu, passive listening may be a key feature of this star. Or is it?

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 09 Apr 2017

They are passive (Moon is the planetary ruler) and reflective (Moon and Mercury which is good for reflection) and if the nodes are in there as well, spiritual, and therefore good for reading Holy Scriptures and contemplating on it (when you read, it is like Listening to God) and hence Jnana Yoga is suitable for them

AND

they are active (Mars is exalted in Capricorn and Saturn rules it) without bothering on the rewards of their activities (unlike Aquarius) so they are good for Karma Yoga and because Capricorn is the natural sign for the 10th bhava, they are builders - so active in a good sense, Whereas 8th bhava (Scorpio) bequeaths empires but the empires are built slowly, the 10th bhava (Capricorn) means empires are built in an all-out effort manner. 10th rules the peak of man's achievement and not a Dusthana and Capricorn symbolism shows ut can flourish in all environment for the attainment of achievement (unlike Cancer which though a strong sign, tends to stay close to home ie. hide under the shell).

And Sravana is FULLY in Capricorn. Abhijit overlapping Sravana also makes Sravana active.

In fact Abhijit overlaps Uttara Ashahda MORE, so that when a planet enters Sravans more than half of the victory is already won, meaning Sravana always plan ahead of time- active mentally.

So Sravana is passive mentally and physically AND active mentally and physically. Both in a good sense.

Caliber
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Caliber » 09 Apr 2017

"However my question was regarding the practical nature of this nakshatra, and whether or not they are passive individuals or quietly active."

Yes, I am passive as well as active. My activeness might have come because I am Aries Ascendant.
God bless you.

astrovedic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by astrovedic » 09 Apr 2017

Caliber wrote:
09 Apr 2017
"However my question was regarding the practical nature of this nakshatra, and whether or not they are passive individuals or quietly active."

Yes, I am passive as well as active. My activeness might have come because I am Aries Ascendant.

They are gently active is befitting.

Calling Sravana to be a positive nakshatra is more apt than tagging it as passive or aggressive. I have many Sravana natives in my family, and one trait that is common to all of them is modesty and courteousness.

It is a very pious nakshatra which is in sync with the earthy and cool sign of Capricorn.

Lord Vishnu is said to have incarnated on earth in the month of Kanya, when Sravana was rising on a Saturday.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 10 Apr 2017

But of course as in all Nakshatras there are good and there are bad.

And there are other factors at work like what Caliber mentioned.

But Sravana because it is one of Vishnu's reincarnation birth, it is usually good.

My Saturn conjunct Ketu in Sravana is good because :

(1) It is the 9th Tara the best of the lot among the nine Taras. It is called Best Friend meaning any planets placed here gives you the superlative help and awesome results.

(2) Saturn is in its own sign and Ketu conjuncting it only amplifies the good result.

(3) Saturn is a Keevala - the highest grade that a planet can aspire to based on some fixed procedure. I have a past post on this. Just a sampling on what was said in the post, my Saturn is the ruler of the Ascendant Lord, it aspects my Ghatika Lagna in the 5th via the backward sextile (because it is retrogade), aspects the Ascendant, aspects the 7th to the Hora Lagna (this is from an article which I re-read recently) etc.

(4) Saturn is digbala and retrogade in the sign Capricorn so its strength is never diminished.

(5) It is dispositing an exalted Jupiter in Aquarius in the 8th which rules the 9th and Saturn also aspecting a power Yogi Point of Venus in Pushya in the Ascendant, all these pointing to magificent Yogas.

(6) It participates in a wish-fufilling yoga with the Moon.

(7) Saturn and Ketu is in a dwardasamsa of Regal Honours.

Saturn rules the 8th so you can see why I am good in Vedic Astrology.

And so on.

Yet for others who do not have such a good horoscope, Sravana can be bad. When it is bad :

(1) The person can be holier than thou - you can almost say they think they act as if they are Gods when they are not. So other people can take offence in their behaviour.

(2) They are hustlers especially while gambling. For this you have to understand that Vishnu is the maintainer of the cosmic Universe, but gambling is a vice that can deplete your resources. Their inner urge to maintain the harmony of their own resources or even to add to it, which makes them attracted to gambling in the first place, means they may try to overcome the fair odds of gambling. Vishnu can also be represented by the Sun, and the Sun represents pastimes, and according to Astroboy the Sun is not aghast to taking unfair meanings in a game of dice.

Stealing is more towards Hasta the sign of the hands. Hasta can steal other people's thoughts too.

But nevertheless for these Sravanians, they are still very friendly and humane, and would not mind lending a helping hand if need be.

Best Regards
Khoo

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 10 Apr 2017

But of course as in all Nakshatras there are good and there are bad.

And there are other factors at work like what Caliber mentioned.

But Sravana because it is one of Vishnu's reincarnation birth, it is usually good.

My Saturn conjunct Ketu in Sravana is good because :

(1) It is the 9th Tara the best of the lot among the nine Taras. It is called Best Friend meaning any planets placed here gives you the superlative help and awesome results.

(2) Saturn is in its own sign and Ketu conjuncting it only amplifies the good result.

(3) Saturn is a Keevala - the highest grade that a planet can aspire to based on some fixed procedure. I have a past post on this. Just a sampling on what was said in the post, my Saturn is aspecting the Ascendant Lord, it aspects my Ghatika Lagna in the 5th via the backward sextile (because it is retrogade), aspects the Ascendant, aspects the 7th to the Hora Lagna (this is from an article which I re-read recently) etc.

(4) Saturn is digbala and retrogade in the sign Capricorn so its strength is never diminished.

(5) It is dispositing an exalted Jupiter in Aquarius in the 8th which rules the 9th and Saturn also aspecting a power Yogi Point of Venus in Pushya in the Ascendant, all these pointing to magificent Yogas.

(6) It participates in a wish-fufilling yoga with the Moon.

(7) Saturn and Ketu is in a dwardasamsa of Regal Honours.

Saturn rules the 8th so you can see why I am good in Vedic Astrology.

And so on.

Yet for others who do not have such a good horoscope, Sravana can be bad. When it is bad :

(1) The person can be holier than thou - you can almost say they think they act as if they are Gods when they are not. So other people can take offence in their behaviour.

(2) They are hustlers especially while gambling. For this you have to understand that Vishnu is the maintainer of the cosmic Universe, but gambling is a vice that can deplete your resources. Their inner urge to maintain the harmony of their own resources or even to add to it, which makes them attracted to gambling in the first place, means they may try to overcome the fair odds of gambling. Vishnu can also be represented by the Sun, and the Sun represents pastimes, and according to Astroboy the Sun is not aghast to taking unfair meanings in a game of dice.

But nevertheless for these Sravanians, they are still very friendly and humane, and would not mind lending a helping hand if need be.

Stealing is more towards Hasta the sign of the hands. Hasta can steal other people's thoughts too so they can read minds. Hasta deity is Savitur, the bringer of the dawn, who catch you unaware and when you are off guard.

Best Regards
Khoo

Occitane

Post by Occitane » 05 Sep 2017

I have Moon in Sravana, and I usually identify with the descriptions of this Nakshatra. The thing of "listening", of ancient scriptures is quite curious. All my life I've been around the situation of being among people the one that doesn't talk, but listen. And I've studied much ancient languages and I've always liked to memorize verses of poems/literature of ancient times, almost as if I was subconsciously looking for "scriptural traditions" to follow! I just don't agree so much with the importance of "public reputation" which is often associated, not that this notion is totally wrong, but I don't think that a worry with "public reputation" would be the better expression to describe it. There's a urge for a balanced rythm and a dislike for disharmony.

About passivity, I think Moon in Sravana does contribute to a calm, passive - though mentally active - disposition.

Lala1234
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lala1234 » 12 Sep 2017

I have my ascendant in sravana nak...My mon is the 7th lord and venus is 5th lord both conjunct in the 1st house in sravana nakshatra....

vidyavnair

Post by vidyavnair » 19 Sep 2017

I am sravana, date of birth 9/march/1975 11.21 am madras (chennai). me too was a silent listener but courageous and a keen observer. Always have to swim against the flow without any support from own people instead faced so much hurdles from them regardless of whether it is education , career or life stream ,still always successfully overcome everything with own hard work and will power. Taurus ascendant , 1st lord Venus and 7th lord mars exalted in 9 house and 11th house respectively. kethu occupied 1st house(Taurus),Saturn in 2nd house(Gemini), rahu in 7th(Scorpio), mars,mercury and moon in 9th(Capricorn), sun in 10th (Aquarius),Jupiter and Venus in 11th (pises) ... moon,sun and saturn in pushkara navamsha .

gomzy

Post by gomzy » 16 Oct 2017

I have born in Sravana Nakshatra Pada 4 . A brief of myself being myself a devotee of lord vishnu which i was surprised at the age of 24 around

1. Likes scriptures, religious, memorizing a lot, listens a lot
2. Stay away from crowd, observes a lot
3. Whatever happens in life is recorded, replayed in the mind , sometimes it feels like you have already done this before
4. Very sensitive, diplomacy, knows how to give respect. Very sweet speech
5. Has great responsiblity towards parents and family

thats all i can say

gomzy

Post by gomzy » 16 Oct 2017

more things i forgot to add:

6. Can go for greater self sacrifice to please others,never think of their happiness only...
7. Always ready to help , even strangers..