Guru as Maraka Graha

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Guru as Maraka Graha

Post by neelkumar » 25 Mar 2017

Retrograde Jupiter in Aquarius ascendant in my Lagna chart is the perhaps the worst placements as compared to positioning of any other planets.

My Navamsha chart is worse than the Lagna chart with Moon in Pisces Lagna.

Jupiter, now in His Mahadasha, since 2011, has only given me failures, pain and sufferings in all aspects of life - so much so that I, of lately, have started thinking of ending my life. I don't think that I will be able to survive for 16 years of this malicious and awful planet's Mahadasha.

People say Rahu, Mars and Sun bring negative results in their respective Mahadasha. But as I look back - their Mahadasha have been very good and I I have no complaints - and most of positive achievements of my life have been during Mars and Rahu Mahadashas. True, that my Moon Mahadasha was an emotional ride - but still I had done well in life in those adolescent days.

I don't know why I am posting this - but I am so low and lost-out that I should share it with the world - as to how drained I am feeling day after day since the start of Guru Mahadasha.
Maybe, soon, I will put an end to all of these..

मैँ सुरज हुँ - अँधेरा चीड़ के हर रोज़ निकलूँगा,
मुझें क्यॉ रोंक पाओगे, ऊँजला रोंकने वालोँ।

Darshini

Re: Guru as Maraka Graha

Post by Darshini » 26 Mar 2017

Dear Neelkumar,

It is a fact that no planet is fully good or bad in astrology, and so for Aquarius lagna Jupiter becomes a Maraka, and brings difficulties, even though some material gains may also come in his subperiods.

However, such difficult periods of any planet, but especially Jupiter, may be best utilized for spiritual practices and progress. It is a hard work within, which may not always bring external material success, but guaranteed evolution and development for your soul which bring spiritual bliss and satisfaction despite external situation.

If you choose to end your own life prematurely, it brings much suffering for your soul in the future, for you have to be reborn and go through the same difficulties again, and on top of that through new difficulties from your new sin of killing yourself.

There are plenty of good things in your horoscope, but ultimately we cannot be fully happy in this material world, for this is not a place for our soul. We should utilize this life in self-realization to attain spiritual bliss and become eternally happy.

Sincere regards,
Darshini

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 26 Mar 2017

Thanks Darshini..

the point is that I am not interested in being any further spiritual and being emotionally healed and soul-searching and stuff!
I have a clear-cut moot fix to end all my misery - the root cause of all the problems in my life - Jupiter in 2011 took away my job...and I want it back..that's it!

I am already philosophical enough..fiercely intelligent with good communication skills..long and good education/academic life..with a good personality - but all I need is luck - just a little bit of luck - and I have the confidence to overtake the world.
Jupiter has cunningly taken it away from me -and I hate Him for that. I have showed enough respect but he doesn't deserve that from me anymore.

About ending my life - well that was a thought at a weak moment since last night till today morning - I am not a loser to escape like that..so I am already back to my positive self..or atleast trying hard and fast.
I don't believe in palmistry but I know that I don't have even a faintest of luck line in my right hand !

I feel definite/visible effecst during the periods of certain planets- allow me to list them:
1) Venus : get very heath (no beauty) conscious
2) Moon : Depression and low
3) Mars : Very Confident
4) Sun : Unlucky
5) Saturn : Confident and comfortable
6) Rahu: Lucky
7) Ketu : Scared
8 ) Jupiter : Unlucky, helpless
9) Mercury : Happy but not successful

But thanks again.
N

Suresh_Chauhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Suresh_Chauhan » 26 Mar 2017

Hi Neelkumar, I have read many places that Shani is strongest malefic by nature. Even though it is farthest planet from Sun and earth. So the Saturn's dasha as lord of lagna will give you some troubles, it will not be 100% good and beneficial, some injuries, health concerns, monetary losses, etc can happen. That is because of the nature of Saturn, it signifies diseases, death, pain, suffering, loss of reputation, jail, financial issues, etc.

I have seen often that Shani caused extreme delays and denied marriage to many people. But by nature, Jupiter is benefic, so he will give you some good results, just have to be patient. Many years are left.

Other malefics are kethu and Rahu, whose dashas are generally bad time for most people You can check this with the other astros, they can confirm. I feel Sun, jupiter, Mars, Mercury and Venus are generally good for all people. My 2 cents.

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 27 Mar 2017

:D
Suresh bhai..

I am seriously telling you - I have observed over the years of my life with respect to my chart- that all the so-called benefic planets have been malefic to me and all the so-called malefic planets have been benefic to me in their periods.
Another interesting thing is that the effect of the period of planets show much before than the actual period starts - maybe something to do with the degrees.
And personally, I don't give much importance to transits.

It's just that I feel that my sack of luck has become all empty. And Jupiter is the main culprit. Forget about him allowing it to be refilled..infact he is emptying it.

Also it seems your knowledge in astrology is basic and generalistic - suggest you read and learn more about this subject, then see my chart and then we may have a discussion. :)

Thanks for your 2 cents, but no thanks..Cheers
N

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 27 Mar 2017

This may not help, but hopefully it inspires something...

I saw the topic and thought of my cousin's chart:
Aquarius lagna, jupiter alone in it, and he's in Jupiter Mahadasha now (since late 2005)

Sept 25. 1986
17:58
Toronto, Ontario - Canada

He's had an overall good time so far, was engaged in 2007 or so, and got married in 2015. Wife and him are expected first child this May/June.
He started off struggles...at some desk job he hated back in 2005-2008 or so, then went to school for something else and long story short since 2011 has been thriving and making enough money to have moved into a good new home with his wife, bought a new car,etc.

So it's not all Jupiter as maraka graha's fault....or perhaps it just starts slow (like I said, I remember he wasn't doing too well and was stressed a lot in the early years of the dasha)

Anyway all the best to you and hopefully a more learned member can reply with more details regarding your chart/question.

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks GNE..Hope is all I have :-)

Please don't misunderstand me - I am not being proud or arrogant or egoistic (maybe it's showing that way - but believe me, I have no intentions of being that way) - it's juss that I feel frustrated.
Since July-mid 2011, I left my job amicably with the confidence that I will find a new one in a couple of months - I had done that earlier thrice - I had that belief - but those were during Mars and Rahu Mahadashas.

Learned or otherwise (I understand most of the folks here are learners and students and few are experts) came up with various analysis, explanations, transits and yes hopes - some even accused me of not trying hard enough with lingos like free-will and stuff - but honestly, I have tried beyond my abilities and still trying. I have even compromised to job opportunities with 60% lower than the last salary..but strangely due to weird reasons ( like the people are traveling or the position is kept on hold or internally hired or being rejected in the last stage - so many of them) - I have been keeping patience - I meditate - that helps me to an extent. Next week I will be traveling to a different city for job searching.

Never in my life have I felt so helpless.

Though I never believed earlier but I now sometimes strongly feel that someone cast black magic on me - there were couple of old school-mates who were very jealous of me because I shot up in my career early on - and I could feel their pangs - though in good/positive times, I preferred ignoring them.

You see, it's not that luck or VRY has completely vanished in other (some) aspects of my life - but when it comes to my career, it feels as if someone or something or some planet has cast a lock-down on it no matter how hard I try.

Plus my Jupiter is retro.

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 27 Mar 2017

Aquarius lagna people were running ashtam shani in 2011. Most of 2011 was retro Saturn again aspecting 10th house of work. 8th house is difficult prarabdha. For kumbha lagna the effect magnifies because it is also lagna lord. So it renders the entire chart powerless, unless extreme remedial measures of saturn are undertaken. But IMO no remedial measures work when Saturn takes over. Only consolation one can get is RELIEF in bad times. But problems do not go away. Even i lost my job in mid 2010 and could never secure back. But Vishnu upasana gave me financial aid from other means like property gains n all. So i survived.

so neel should have got gains in patches, like when jupiter transitted gemini there should have been relief as it transsitted over lagna lord and saturn. like that in patches other benefits would have come. but only neel can tell

Nitin21

For kumbha lagna people.. along with Saturn its also Rahu transit that needs attention. It co lords aquarius. When Saturn tranisted virgo.. rahu was transiting over natal nodes for neel. a very bad transit.

So when Saturn transitted libra.. rahu was also transiting the same and Sat-Rahu formed shrapit yoga in 9th. So again a bottleneck. Scandals and scams related to 9th house matters would take forefront. with 9th lord venus in 6th luck will not support much.

Again when Saturn transits scorpio.. then its over natal nodes .. damn it.. the transits did it all for kumbha lagna people.

by the time saturn entered sagi.. tide was over.. but the opportunities have dried up. So its time to start afresh. Long pauses of joblessness can create a lot of issues in the cv. So at this time remedial measures undertaken can give good effect.

Nitin21

Also the power of the dasha lord needs to be seen with regards to placement and effects in navamsha. Here neel has jup+neecha saturn in aries in navamsa. So Saturn gets jup effects and works good. But jup itself gets sacrificed. All in all if saturn appeases then things get better. No point blaming jupiter. tought time for aquarius lagna people born in 1975 time when nodes were in 4-10 axis.

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Astroduffer..thanks :-)

I agree with you regarding the practical repercussions in the job market. Gains - well - you can say that..at times when interests are credited in bank account quarterly..generating hopes when I landed-up in the last stage of a job hiring process or cutting down on unnecessary expenditures, eating only home food, reducing electricity and mobile bills - but then those are preventive measures to sustain!

I understand your stress on transits..but imagine if similar transits (must have) had happened in any (literally any) other Mahadashas - would they have been so detrimental?

Funnily, there are many a articles on retro Jupiter but zilch articles about retrograde Jupiter in Kumbha Lagna.
Furthermore - importance of Navamsha chart is so confusing - for example my Moon is in Pisces Lagna in Navamsha - I wonder how responsible is the bad placement of Moon both in my Lagna and Navamsha chart.

Look, I am looking out for culprits with regards to my career..

Another off-track question - does someone else's chart effect your chart - the person being emotionally close to you?
I was emotionally attached to a person exactly during that period in 2011 until last year end - she progressed (just how vibrantly I did before she arrived in my life) - I felt whether her chart was snatching or drawing energy career-wise from my chart? Interestingly she was and still is passing through Saturn Mahadasha. Possible or..silly thought?

Astroboyprakuchan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Astroboyprakuchan » 27 Mar 2017

Hi neekumar ji,

If Jupiter retrogrades in order to make it behave right, one should feed it spirituality and that too of the right kind.

I suggest you read books of AC bhakthivedantha swami Prabhupadas books if you haven't.

And chant the Lord names for getting through the hardships of Kali Yuga.

Even I myself havent started chanting all that seriously. But when ever I am distressed I just do one round of japa of hare Krishna Maha mantra. And I just feel so relieved after that.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
AB

Nitin21

neel .. the culprit in your career matters is debiliated rahu itself. but Rahu gives good results in 3 6 10 11 in its dashas. So Rahu mahadasha would have been good for you. but other than dasha periods, rahu creates an element of overambitiousness and instability in career here. Dispositor of jupiter is also Rahu which is debiliated in 10th house. So that part of your life is also activated in jupter mahadasha.

Jupiter over here is infact saving grace for you. Infact what has happened here in your case is like the story of mongoose who ran towards the landlady with a bloody mouth when she returned home, only to terrify her and think that mongoose killed her child. So she continuously rammed her with iron rods and killed her, only to see inside a snake lying dead beside her child. mongoose had fought the snake and saved her child. But the lady was too quick to judge and too late to repent.

Retro jupiter only gains cheshta bala. means trying to put lot of efforts time and again. Its aspects on 5 7 9 are a blessing for you. The problem with mahadasha is that jupiter is bereft of strength to give full results on its own. Venus in 6th is not helping you in luck matters. Gulika in 5th is poisoning your intellect.

Jupiter has infact taken it all over itself and allowed Saturn to give results for you. Any antivedic practices or going to shrines of babas and guru ghantals not approved by vedic guidelines will only render your jupiter weak day by day. Try to strengthen it by consistent worshiping Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva.

Do some rahu related remedies whole heartedly and enjoy jupiter blessings too.

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the alternate perspective.

According to JHora and Prashara, debilatation of my Rahu gets cancelled.

Infact there are no debilitated planets in my lagna chart.

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

And yes, Rahu Mahadasha was not just good, I would go to the extent of saying that it was excellent. I studied and oh my God studied so long - a masters and then a MBA degree..studied in US and then very first job abroad. I used to get lot of opportunities in all forays of life during my Rahu Mahadasha.

But I still feel the foundation was laid in the preceding Mars Mahadasha especially when I came in the merit list with Distinction marks in my 10 grade board exams in 1990-1991. Before than period, I knew I was good but I was too lazy to exert pressure to study hard and was satisfied with mediocre results. What hit me that year - I still don't know, except that I just wanted to do well - I wanted to show-off to my teachers, classmates..and my parents..but most importantly, that year I was scared - scared that I had no other option but to do well - I remember slogging like crazy that year -isolating myself, waking early around 2 - 3 Am and studying, so much so that I got my parents worried with the change of my regime..haha!
I am proud of that period - and that helped me in a way to shape-up and build my personality and develop a sense of self-belief and confidence.

So I hope you now understand I shell-shocked I am feeling this period. All I have right now is to talk about my past and nothing for the present and my future :( Often I get dreams of being on top of a building or a high mountain top (don't know I got there) and I don't have any way of climbing down - no stairs, no elevator..other than to jump and break my bones and die - and I wake up sweating and heavy breathing.

Hey astroduffer, thanks dude - I feel you're not only learned but most importantly, you took the effort of going through my 'crazy :-) ' chart and explaining your perspective so much in detail with corollary and lucidity.

Btw - what's chestha bala with respect to my Jupiter? I heard earlier that it's quite high and guess good - but what does it actually imply or help me or does it not? And the moot question - will he ever show positive results or continue with 16 years of doom?

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Oh, one point I missed - I always found the interchanging period of two Mahadashas (I guess it's called sandhi'?) haven't been good..for example in early-mid 2013 I missed my MBBS seat..also, problems at my work place started in November-December 2010. Just observation.

Nitin21

neel - even mars is under jjupiter aspect. Also when rahu dasha operates it acts like mars .. so these dashas were protective of you.

Yes i do get the mindset. That's a typical rahu trait. Suddenness. Suddenly you are high on confidence and next moment you cant imagine how you are gonna sail the next second ...

There are many other spiritual aspects that affect jup operation during its dasha. Even a wrong photo or an idol in home temple will ruin your dasha. Your jup is pratyak taara though, so do not wear pukhraj by any chance.

Start special vishnu upasana for thursdays and slowly you will see results. But more importantly undertake operation rahu more seriously. Then your mars will start showing effect. Work opportunities will come and obstacles will gradually phase out.

AstroGuru108
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by AstroGuru108 » 27 Mar 2017

Hi, Neel, Pls share us about your education in which field & what was your profession & experience, thanks.

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks astroduffer, GNE, Astroboyprakuchan, Suresh_Chauhan, Darshini for your participation and efforts - I am feeling much better now after venting out my frustrations and thoughts and hearing your analyses and suggestions. Thanks again folks - much appreciate.

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 28 Mar 2017

AstroGuru108 wrote:
27 Mar 2017
Hi, Neel, Pls share us about your education in which field & what was your profession & experience, thanks.
Hi AstroGuru108, I am wondering how come your post appeared on this thread now - I didn't see it earlier? Anyways, I am trying below to answer your questions:

1990-1991 : Xth Distinction
1991-1993 :XIth and Xth First Class but it was a disappointing time because I lost my MBBS seat
1993-1996 : BSc Bio Science First Class
1996-1998: MSC Bio Science First Class
1998-1999: Mass Comm First Class
1999-2001: MBA (Marketing and Personnel) First Class

2001 end : Dad's health deteriorated. I started wearing Neelam from August-September. In October he had a successful liver operation and recover . Got both US and UK student visa - I chose USA for Mass Comm..but in March got a job offer in the Gulf - so left US to take up the job in Consumer Insights..bad and (feminine male boss there)..I used to be so confident so days that I frequently challenged his intelligence - that soured - I decided to leave in October 2003 despite getting a promotion and increment in August 2003.
Got a new job in Jan 2004. Nice place..made friends.
Took a new job in Jan 2006- again a nice place to work.
Left in Feb 2007. Must add a relationship broke up during that time in Nov-Dec 2006.
Took a new job in March - but was not happy with the management. Left and got a new job in mid-2007 - again faced lot of office politics there. Adjusted but finally left and got a new job in Jan-Feb 2009.
2008 end till mid-2010 were perhaps the best years of my career overall.

Then I wore a gomed around that time..and things stated drifting apart in October 2010 because the company was merged with a sister-company and a new senior person and I had major ego issues. As usual, he won..the CEO who always liked me became weak..and I thought/sense before things get ugly, I should leave the company on my own amicably - which I did in 2nd-3rd week of July 2011.
The rest of my story of job struggle, frustration, depression and helplessness - you guys already know. I have never faced such a long gloomy period before - all my confidence has evaporated. To add to my failing confidence, a relationship broke off (from both ends) in October end -November beginning 2016.

Oh, I must add, on 14th July 2009 morning, I had a road accident..the auto-rickshaw fell on my right leg ankles - in the middle of a speeding highway - I had no fractures but the marks still remains.

Early on in 2016, I wore a Pukhraj - within a month, my Dad's elder brother - whom I relate with quite a lot personality, mindset and even physical appearance-wise, passed away suddenly. That shook me so much that I immediately removed the Pukhraj - so much was the effect that even now sometimes, I get nervous thinking about the incident. Nonetheless, the entire 2016 was an awful year for me overall - right from the beginning until the end.

Darshini

Post by Darshini » 28 Mar 2017

Hello, Neelkumar,
thanks for your reply.

[quote=neelkumar post_id=237476 time=1490550819 user_id=3687]
the point is that I am not interested in being any further spiritual and being emotionally healed and soul-searching and stuff!
I have a clear-cut moot fix to end all my misery - the root cause of all the problems in my life - Jupiter in 2011 took away my job...and I want it back..that's it!

[/quote]

The planets are only agents of the Supreme Lord delivering us the results of our past karma. They do not create results, we ourselves do. To hate planets for what they give us is like hating the clock for showing that it's too early or too late for the grocery store to be open, or hating our email provider because somebody sent us message containing bad news.

So my point was that any period, good or bad, can be used to grow and develop, or to degrade, that's up to us.

Sincerely, Darshini

AstroGuru108
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by AstroGuru108 » 28 Mar 2017

Hi, Neel Kumar, thanks for sharing the details!

Its nice from 6 years you are learning astrology.

I have seen most of the charts when Jupiter Mahadasha begins it will wipe out all the
things which were got in Rahu Mahadasha. Rahu is the illusion, person creates their own virtual world during his Dasa, but when Dasa ends than everything wipeout.

There is no other opinion, that your Jupiter is the worst planet in your horoscope.

I want to know what are the remedies you have done in 6 years during Jupiter Dasa.

Regards

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 29 Mar 2017

neel i hope you are not wearing gomed or neelam now ? Gomed was suitable only during the dasha and neelam needs to be checked for gochar shani else severe other repercusions may occur.

Rahu in 10th is a very very ambitious planet. When its period operates it will give you all to pamper you. But when period ends.. its role is over.. And malefic ill effects start. So gems cannot be worn for all situations.

Gems for retro planets are not advised. Because retro planets already carry a lot of strength to be active. The best one can do for retros is appease by way of possibly kaarak object donations, yantras wearing or keeping in pooja room and all..

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 29 Mar 2017

Darshini..hi..
Darshini wrote:
28 Mar 2017
neelkumar wrote:
25 Mar 2017
Thanx Darshini for the prompt detailed explanation!

If possible, could you perhaps draw a quick SWOT of my Navamsha chart as compared to my Lagna chart?

I know there are no debilitated planets in my Lagna chart but there are many a "Great Enemies" present. Also there are no Vargotammas. Also, Moon is in Pisces Lagna in Navamsha.

I would like to know of any planet that is gaining strength in Navamsha (the way you mentioned in your explanation), debilitation, "Great Friends", Neutral and Enemies.
Hello, Neelkumar,

I repeat that I was only mentioning 'planets gaining strength' in Navamsa chart in this case in reference to neecha-bhanga raja yoga, since this method is mentioned in the scriptures. Since there are no neecha planets in your lagna chart, there is also no neecha-bhanga.
And for other uses of Navamsa chart I have to study and research more.
neelkumar wrote:
25 Mar 2017
What I have learned is Mahadasha supercedes everything - be that transits, antardashas, etc.
One author, C.S. Patel in his book Navamsa in Astrology quotes a verse saying that in Mahadasha planets will predominantly give results according to their position in lagna kundali, while in antardashas and smaller divisions - according to their position in Navamsa. But I have not researched or studied this much, so can't personally comment.
neelkumar wrote:
25 Mar 2017
Also, if you could perhaps de-code my Jupiter in Lagna vis-a-vis Navamsha. I know Jupiter is in a bad placement in my Aquarius Lagna plus retrograde. Frankly, I have run out of luck in this ongoing Guru Mahadasha - hence the curiosity.
Some authors consider Jupiter in Aquarius equal to Jupiter in Cancer, i.e. exalted. But since he is your 2nd and 11th lord and retrograde he will give some malefic influence. That's all I can say so far.

Regards, Darshini
Could you please explain the underlined and bold, Darshini? In one thread, I was told that retro Jupiter will act as the Jupiter in the opposite house - that's Leo...and now, you mention Cancer...am very confused. But whatever, it is, He is not giving any benefic results - is he or he is aspected/aspecting Sun, Mar, Mercury, Saturn? Kindly clarify.

AstroGuru108 : No sire, I ain't learning astrology..I just tend to pick up some tits-bits spending time in this forum and randomly reading articles and watching videos on the internet.
To answer your question - I haven't been doing anything to please Jupiter. Sir, I don't believe in hymns, chants, prayers, spirituality, over-religiousness, palmistry, past life, karma - anything abstract - but I do respect people's opinion that these may work. I believe in astrology because it is scientific - chemistry, maths, geometry, geography, astronomy, geology, etc.
Oh, I must say, an astrologer - the same Johnny who suggested that I wear Gomed and Heera, also said my upcoming Jupiter MahaDasha will take me to new heights and that at some stage of my life I will become very religious and spiritual - he said this in 2010 - I laughed it off then and am still laughing it off now!
I only used to pray to God during my Mathematics and Organic Chemistry exams - that's all. Surprising, I used to score more in them - not because I was good but because I used to be scared of these subjects and hence used to practice regularly out of fear.

astroduffer : I am only wearing a Navaratna ring (which has Pukhraj, neelam, Gomed - but in small size and quantity) and also a diamond for my Venus. Hope it's okay?

ash2016
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ash2016 » 29 Mar 2017

Dear Neel,
With no offence mean to you, you are reposing faith on gems but not on almighty (remedial measures= sincere prayers, good conduct and serving your elders).
Remember, medium is the message and good content is king or queen !
Regards,
Yours,
Ash