Guru as Maraka Graha

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
AstroGuru108
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Guru as Maraka Graha

Post by AstroGuru108 » 29 Mar 2017

Hi, Neel Kumar, thanks for your kind reply!

I want to know is your family experiencing any below symptoms:

1. Conflict, Tension & Anxiety in all family members & relatives or relation.
2. Any mental disease in relatives or family.
3. Progeny problem in family.
4. Sudden death in family.
5. Any fight in family or relatives regarding shares in land, property, Money etc.

Regards

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 29 Mar 2017

ash2016..please don't mis-interpret..

I meant that I always pray to God, respect my elders and do good deeds..but I don't beg and plead infront pf any of them.

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

AstroGuru108..
answer to all your questions in NO.

Obviously my family is worried about my career - a love interest broke -up in oct-nov 2016 because i didn't get a job.
but i don't regret it because she was full of drama - it's good in a way that it's over!

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedicmaths » 29 Mar 2017

Hello neelkumar,

For finer understanding of the planets, sage Parasara has given amsa rulers. Sage Parasara
values Rasi, Navamsa , dasamsa and Shastiamsa more than other vargas.

Jupiter is placed in 'utpaata' or calamity in D-60 of your chart. Ofcourse, this amsa would move
to another amsa if a different ayanamsa is used.

Likewise , tenth lord mars is placed in mrityubhaga. Venus, your ninth lord is placed in maraka
karak sthana . Venus is amatya karak ( profession ).

Did the entry of the opposite sex in your life brought in unknown downfall ?

Vimsottari Dasa:

Jup MD: 2010-04-22 (9:52:49) - 2026-04-22 (6:59:56)
Jup AD: 2010-04-22 (9:52:49) - 2012-06-10 (16:10:04)

Pratyantardasas in this AD:

Jup: 2010-04-22 (9:52:49) - 2010-08-07 (3:57:49)
Sat: 2010-08-07 (3:57:49) - 2010-12-08 (9:30:34)
Merc: 2010-12-08 (9:30:34) - 2011-03-25 (23:45:01)
Ket: 2011-03-25 (23:45:01) - 2011-05-10 (18:44:07)
Ven: 2011-05-10 (18:44:07) - 2011-09-21 (2:23:27).. entry of venus.. opposite sex
Sun: 2011-09-21 (2:23:27) - 2011-10-29 (23:07:31)
Moon: 2011-10-29 (23:07:31) - 2012-01-01 (5:13:12)
Mars: 2012-01-01 (5:13:12) - 2012-02-14 (6:57:20)
Rah: 2012-02-14 (6:57:20) - 2012-06-10 (16:10:04)

and did mercury and saturn put an end to your association ?
Vimsottari Dasa:

Jup MD: 2010-04-22 (9:52:49) - 2026-04-22 (6:59:56)
Merc AD: 2014-12-24 (2:25:22) - 2017-03-28 (16:25:12) ......?
Sat PD: 2016-11-20 (21:10:28) - 2017-03-28 (16:25:12) ..... ?

truly yours,
vedicmaths

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

vedicmaths wrote:
29 Mar 2017
Hello neelkumar,

Did the entry of the opposite sex in your life brought in unknown downfall ?

and did mercury and saturn put an end to your association ?
Vimsottari Dasa:

truly yours,
vedicmaths
Yes, oh yes..vedicmaths..

She entered my life in somewhere in May-June 2011..after much futile adjustments, compromises, suddenly matters took a sudden downward whirl at my workplace in 1st-2nd week of July 2011 - and I thought it would be of the best interest to resign from my job amicably (and not burn bridges) in 3rd week July 2011.

She was someone whom I loved so much that I changed my personality quite a bit..I adjusted for her like crazy, said sorry million of times even though I knew I was right and she was wrong, pampered her to the hilt - I discovered that I (despite being such a confident and 'it's my way or the highway' kinda guy) could change for her...she even tried to distance me from my parents and my only few childhood friends - friends who I love a lot - I couldn't compromise there. There were lot of indirect tones when she spoke - that used to hurt me - but I stayed quiet not to magnify the situation. She used to fight every-time we went out.
I used to take permission from her for everything. I tried to support her emotionally.Yet, she never was happy.
She threatened me several times that she will leave me without rhyme or reason and sometimes a little mistake of mine and many a times her mistakes. She used to forget conveniently the times when she acted in a cruel manner.
She didn't respect me - because, despite trying (she knew I was trying hard), I didn't have a job...now I realize that she didn't even love me - she came to me perhaps because of the fat salary I was drawing.
By the time in Oct-Nov, 2016, I had so much of all these, that when she again said that she will leave me, I let her go.
I feel sad at times..but definitely relieved now.

But, why you asked these? Did you spot something? Please let me know.

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 29 Mar 2017

neel none of these gems is recommended for you.

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedicmaths » 29 Mar 2017

Hello neelkumar,

Forget astrology for a while and take the mantle of an unbiased judge.
Now analyse as to how you quit the job ? what made you such a decision.
Will you accept that you could have continued in the last job if you had compromised...
Was it such a terrible situation that quitting was the only option ?

Jupiter in lagna is most welcome for anyone. Unfortunately, Jupiter had a different
agenda for you. The dharmic content of any planet is seen from navamsa , the direction
in which a planet is going to take one is seen from dasamsa and the inherent hidden
agenda is seen from Shastiamsa. At the same time , the other amsas cannot be neglected
since Sage Parasara would not have mentioned them in the first place otherwise.

Jupiter is placed in Aries and its innate nature is that of Mars. Jupiter is a sattwik graha
placed in a sign ruled by rajas. Will that suti Jupiter ?

Mars is your atmakaraka. Its inherent qualites shades such a Jupiter. Mars directly aspects
Jupiter in rasi and trines it in navamsa, Dasamsa and Shastiamsa.

When you quit Mars was aspecting your tenth house in rasi , mars was transiting
Dasamsa lagna ( your intelligence ) and then natal Jupiter in dasamsa. Saturn was traniting
eight in rasi and mars and rahu were placed 4/10 in rasi, a perfect blend for calamity.

All these happend in the pratyantra dasa of venus in the antar and dasa of jupiter which i have
shown in my earlier posting. Venus pratyantar started on 10th May 2011.

Can you exactly recall as to when you met her for the very first time ?
Christopher Marlowe says " Who ever loved, that loved not at first sight? ". The seed for
downfall could have been karmically planted there.

On the sideline:-
One cannot view a chart purely based on dasas alone. The transit down to the time of any
event plays a part one's life. Western astrology is purely transit based and it cannet be brushed
aside.

truly yours,
vedicmaths

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks vedicmaths for for another lateral perspective - astrology is so vast that it's baffling to know so many different takes and analysis of a same situation - but my inquisitive minds accepts it all - maybe, I finished with my long academic life years ago but still that intrinsic student's trait likes to absorb all because I find them interesting and worth learning - subconsciously - especially it's something about me.

My school/college friends will tell you that I only only at the positive aspects of life. and I excuse myself from the negatives. If there's a quarrel or a stressful/volatile situation, I won't look there.

To answer your questions..look, each and any situation can be avoidable. But that time I felt (even now I feel) that I took the right decision. Actually, most of my previous jobs other than this one, I had quit on a bad note (expect this one and one another) - burnt bridges. With this one, I didn't want to do that. I sensed that time that the situation had more and multiple chances of deteriorating further rather than improving. So, when the CEO (with whom I had good terms) asked me to sit with the juniors and not with the seniors anymore, not call me for meetings - I could sense an effort to make me fee isolated and redundant (though it was just the starting/middle phase) and I had very less probability of turning it around (I am no Superman or a Bollywood Hero!), I thought it would be appropriate to take the clue/hint and resign and walk away with the very first 'letter of recommendation' that the company ever issued to an employee.
So, to sum up, yes I could have stayed, but given my past experiences in other jobs, I didn't want a repeat feeling and thought it to me the best to move on on a good note. Plus, I always, invariably found a new job within next 3 months earlier - so, I had that belief. Also, I was getting older, and age made me quite conscious - that was a factor too to no longer leave on a bad note.

But vedic maths, I still didn't understand why you linked her entry in my life (I don't remember the exact date but I can say that she arrived just before monsoon season started that year in 2011 in Mumbai - so it must have been around 15th June 2011.) with my resignation? You know, I always linked the two events - I don't know why - more so because, I felt she was drawing energy from my chart. When I met her, she was doing poorly in her career..and almost immediately - in December 2011 she landed up with a plump career opportunity and progress career-wise - she copied all my personality traits- funny), she was and still undergoing Saturn Mahadasha...and when I decided to part ways, she was running Saturn-Venus--Mars.
And what's with my Jupiter-Saturn-Mercury combination?

Ok, she was not beautiful - many physical flaws - no the ideal appearance of a life-partner who I imagined - but I was attracted to her generous personality. But she changed - changed so much that I finally let her go - maybe I ignored lot of her personality changes/flaws because I remembered how good she was in the earlier days..but the cruelty gradually added up so much that I was feeling suffocated, depressed (already with my career and now her behavior and attitude) that I couldn't handle anymore. The entire 2016 we fought - I was always the peacemaker - God knows how many times I begged her to stay back - pleaded to give me some time to get a new job - but finally, I realized even if I get a job, will I be able to accept her tantrums and drama, if/when my good times re-surface again? More so, will I be able to ignore her cruelty and forgive her?

But..wondering, if ever, I will come across good-times in my lifetime anymore? I feel helpless these days. What wrong with my Jupiter? Will this retro Jupiter ever give me good times in His Mahadasha? I was told a retro Jupiter will eventually give good results at the later half (what does this later half mean - I don't decipher - does it mean second half or something else). Right now my pot of luck and good times is empty - will it ever refill or my life will end (being a maraka planet) is the question.

astroduffer: oh, I was told navaratna doesn't do any harm..and the same with diamond - but if you say, I won't wear them - kindly re-confirm. Also, I am wearing a six-mukhi rudrashk around my neck - is that okay?

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Look vedicmaths, astroduffer,
Sometimes I feel that the only positive that I didn't get a job these years is a good thing - because if I did, I would have probably married her by now and my life would have been miserable (maybe - or I might have never known the true colours) and to escape out of that would have been another uphill story!
Last edited by neelkumar on 29 Mar 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 29 Mar 2017

you must remove the gems for your own good.

Wearing rudraksh requires extreme piousness and a disciplined religious routine. Else it will backfire via backdoor.

The kind of situation you are in as of now, recite and listen to Sri Vishnu Sahasranama to get back to equilibrium first. Subsequently, doors of opportunity will start opening up.

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Astroduffer: I was told by an astrologer to specifically wear six-mukhi rudksh for my communication skills - he said I had reflective (situational) communication - when the situation is positive I was a sweet-talker and when negative - I fumbled or become direct (on the face) to vent out. Meethi-churi - he said!
To uniformalise that the six-mukhi rudraksh! Haha!!

AstroGuru108
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by AstroGuru108 » 29 Mar 2017

Hi, Neel,
I have asked the details because your 2nd & 7th house is in affliction, mostly the 7th house.

Below are bad combination for love & married life:

1. There is no match between your Lagna Lord Saturn with your 7th Lord Sun both are enemy.
2. Your Venus is in 6th house, aspected by 6th lord moon, always some emotional cold war in love relation.
3. Your 7th lord Sun is with Mars & aspected by Saturn & Retro Jupiter also.
4. 8th lord mercury in 7th house.

One Good thing Last but not least:
1. Sun is own house, is strong, will always act as a protector & never allow to destroy his house.

Have you ever tried or started a business, do you have any digestion related health issue.

Rgds

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 30 Mar 2017

AstroGuru108 wrote:
29 Mar 2017
Hi, Neel,

One Good thing Last but not least:
1. Sun is own house, is strong, will always act as a protector & never allow to destroy his house.

Have you ever tried or started a business, do you have any digestion related health issue.

Rgds
Thanks AstroGuru108 for your observations:

1) Could you please elaborate on Sun being strong, protector and never allow destroying his own house?
I was born in Surya Mahadasha.

2) Yes, I am think of starting online jewelry business and eventually moving onto export - but waiting for the GST to be implemented around July -I guess - lot of paperwork and licencing - I hope metal related business would be suitable?
I am not from a business-class family - hence lack experience. My chahcha died at a very young age in his 40s due to low BP - he had just started with automobiles spare parts business - the stress of business could have been a cause.

3) I do have bowel related problems - infact everyone from my father's side have that - but I regularly take ayurvedic laxatives - and that cleans my stomach efficiently!

Long ago someone on this thread completely mis-read my physical appearance - I was told that I must be dark- complexioned, tall, fat. On the contrary, I am very fair, slim (I diet - especially during Venus periods - I don't know why - but I get motivated - and people say I have a very good will-power and high concentration ability and good memory- from mars?) and of medium height. I don't wear specs. But I have weak teeth and gums - that's from my mother's side.

AstroGuru108
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by AstroGuru108 » 30 Mar 2017

Hi, Neel, As Sun is in own house & have well degrees and quite strong. Gives you will power & always allow to work with Top Management in a organization.
During Rahu period do you drinking a lot & eating non-veg foods mostly.

Rgds

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

No AstroGuru108,
I don't drink/smoke..and I don't eat non-veg because I belong to a very religious Bengali Hindu family - family are ISKCON followers - I ain't because I was never so religious.
But I used to enjoy and relish rich, fatty, oily, tasty Moghlai, Rajasthani, Andhra and Punjabi food a lot with lots of ghee and dalda during my Rahu period. I grew overweight that time to 82 kilos. In 2015, I went on an extreme diet - reduced my weight to 61.5 kilos. Oh and once in mid-2010, I reached that magic figure after dieting. At present, I am at around 68-70 kilos.

And yes, I have always worked in big/famous/international organisations and always reported to CEOs..expect my first job where I reported to the Head of Department.

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedicmaths » 30 Mar 2017

Hello neelkumar,

Venus period is supposed to bring in contacts with the opposite sex.
i use some more methods to time possible periods for close relationships.

Do you have her birth details ?

truly yours,
vedicmaths

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedicmaths » 30 Mar 2017

hello neelkumar,

you wrote earlier , " But that time I felt (even now I feel) that I took the right decision. "

With no offence meant, i would like place here that jupiter in lagna would always justify things.
Unfortunately, your jupiter is not a plain good jupiter , as i have discussed earlier. It is loaded
with negatives. I personally feel if and only you have survived the onslaught from the CEO,
you could have survived better. Anyway that is a past issue and lots of if and buts are there.

Do you ever try for jobs outside calcutta seriously ? and if not why ?

truly yours,
vedicmaths

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dear vedicmaths

1) I have neither worked nor lived ever in Calcutta. I was born and brought up, studied in Maharashtra.
1st job : Gulf, 2nd : New Delhi, 3rd: Gulf, 4th : Bangalore 5th: New Delhi 6th : Mumbai 7th : Mumbai

2) It's a Catch 22 - what we're discussing about my resignation decision in July-mid 2011.
Frankly, I deliberate a lot before taking any decision - even the smallest of one. For example, today, I am thinking 100 times whether I should go for a commitment with Jio. Most likely, I won't because the offer isn't long-term, though attractive. And I don't trust - what I see through.
But that 2011 decision was like a checkmate - I was very sure that the situation would only deteriorate. It was not only the CEO but influx of new people due to an internal merger and everyone was trying to make a statement.
I learnt the next year, in 2012, the CEO even resigned - and the management has now altogether new faces.
What now - will I ever get a job?

3) I wanted to know why you used my Saturn-Mercury period as a reference for break-up in the relationship?
Is that period now over?
What now - will she come back?

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedicmaths » 31 Mar 2017

hello neelkumar,

i was under the opinion that you were trying to stick to a place to be with her during 2011-16.

try to break the impasse and go for a job even if it is short term. Joblessness for this kind of
long period would only plant doubts in the minds of the people who go through your resume.
Use her absence to move on with your profession.

Saturn separates people and mercury is your 8th lord.

Your question about her come 'back' is surprising.

truly yours,
vedicmaths

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 31 Mar 2017

It was just a fleeting question..I do miss her sometimes..but my mind says it's a welcome relief!..Time will fade it gradually - it's already..

But kindly explain o vedicmaths - why you linked my Jupiter-Jupiter-Venus period as her entry = sudden downfall?
I am trying to understand the correlation here - there's is a saying in Hindi 'kisi ko naukri milti hain aur kisi ko chokri !" - so did you mean, if one (love) enters, the other (job) goes - in my chart..and never both together?

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

hello neelkumar,

jupiter and venus are placed 6 / 8 from each other. This can unsettle
the course of life. venus is natural karaka for love and it so happens
venus is also the 7th lord in navamsa, showing a partner.

There are more technical points which i dont want to go into. This
wooul only bring in lot of astrological discussions consuming lot of
time.

Just try to recall after resigning how much time you took to apply
for jobs seriously. How were you spending your time during that
period ? How much constructive was that as regard to search of
jobs ?

Jupiter makes one too much judgemental. A pure jupiter coupled
with a good moon are highly necessary.

truly yours,
vedicmaths

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 31 Mar 2017

it's juss that I feel frustrated.
Since July-mid 2011, I left my job amicably with the confidence that I will find a new one in a couple of months - I had done that earlier thrice - I had that belief - but those were during Mars and Rahu Mahadashas.
It was Jupiter-Jupiter -Saturn when you left the job . Jupiter in Lagna aspected by Mercury the 8th Lord and 5th lord. 5th house is 8th from the 10th house and 8th house is a loss. Mercury is not only aspecting the Jupiter but also with 10th lord Mars[ closely conjunct] and Sun the 7th Lord again 10th from the 10th house. Saturn the pranter dasha lord Saturn is in 5th house, which is 8th from the 10th house. Mercury the karka for communication, afflicted by Mars and Saturn. So there was some issue in that at that time. Next anter dasha was Saturn[5H] then Mercury [ 5L, 8L] is the reason you do not find the opportunity for the job. So it is not the Jupiter but the other combinations in your chart, which made this Jupiter dasha bit difficult.
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

vedicmaths : it's shockingly unbelievable, isn't it - you would be further zapped if you happened to look at my CV for further credentials. I don't blame your disbelief and doubting my efforts - I myself am surprised with my efforts failing.
Anyways, I am now used to all these lines of questioning.

anuradha : I thought my Mercury was good - though, apart from this particular antardasha, other periods of Mercury usually bring out of cheer and happiness in my psyche. Just as moon periods visibly bring in depression and pessimism.
Do you see the dark clouds clearing in the skyline anytime soon..or rather anytime at all?

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

hello neelkumar,

my question was regarding the efforts alone and not anything else.
Questioning itself should not be persumed to be doubting.
I am trying to understand the soul behind this chart. It is not easy to
capture from the charts. All of us including you are trying to understand
the dasa of jupiter in your case. Just a 'retro' will not give such results.
There must be more to it. Thanks for your patience.

truly yours,
vedicmaths

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I completely agree with your view point vedicmaths.

Let's take an example, say when you call the customer service of your internet provider regarding the slow or no internet. The fellow conveniently retorts that something must be wrong with your system/device. Whilst you keep on saying no and give explanations that it's a new device or it was working fine all the time or you maintain it properly - nothing convinces them - and you feel even more miserable and frustrated and there's general environment of non-empathy.
Finally, the chap admits that there are some technical issues from their end.

What I am looking for is to to pin-point that one culprit/problem rather than going all around the universe searching for everything else.
Though I must add - Since mid- 2011, most of the lucky events like getting an interview calls, job applications progressing or for that matter speculations - getting (unbelievable) discounts while purchasing something or even lottery (a couple of times..haha) had happened when she used to threaten me to leave and was out if contact for 2-3 days..these events happened many a times. However, all these events reached their fruitful/positive/successful conclusions except the career ones.
(Also, I always feel from my birth, there is a protective shield that's helps me save from any malice/negatives.)
Such events casted questions on my mind - hence when you first remarked about her entry and sudden downfall, I instantly pepped-up.

Look vedicmaths, I didn't and don't mean any offence to you or anyone else - so kindly don't misunderstand me.