More on Rahu, The Mysterious One

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
More on Rahu, The Mysterious One

Post by shilpa » 11 Mar 2017

More on Rahu

Rahu is the mysterious one….a lot is written about Rahu / ketu and yet they remain the least understood because the nodes have no physical existence....are shadow planets, mathematical points in the universe, the mythological stories surrounding them fascinating.....and their charcateristsic least understood as they act inconsistently….when they will act ?and how much will be their impact? is quite varying......and the impact itself can be good bad or ugly……
Whether it becomes Uccha Or Neecha or has it’s own houses is also highly unverifiable

In a continuous attempt to demystify Rahu here are some empirical rules that I have found verifiable over the years and hence worth sharing….

1)When Rahu is “Prabal” for a chart…i.e strong and positive, at the start of the Mahadasa he gives a hit…..can take away the father, son or a close one in the Ra-Ra period…and then starts the ascendancy of the nataive……and bang at the end of the Mahadasa Rahu if "Prabal" gives a big gift, something materially big as a success / gain.

2)Ra does act like a Yogakarak and produces windfall gains / rise if it is conjunct with a Kendra lord in a Kona house or with a kona lord in a Kendra house..

3) The 6th house the THE BEST place for Rahu to be in the chart…it is very hard for enemies to bring down such a native ……although the native will have many enemies….he will fight and win against all enemies and hurdles / adversities.
*As an aside* This automatically puts Ketu in the 12th house, the house of Mokhsa the bets place for ketu to be as the Moksha Karak.

Natives with Ra-Ket on the 6-12 axis would generally be evolved souls…quite advanced in their quest towards Moksha….with deep understanding of the spirituality, karmic theories and “meaning” of life.

regards

1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

freeloader
Contributor
Contributor

Re: More on Rahu, The Mysterious One

Post by freeloader » 11 Mar 2017

What about rahu in the 3rd house? Is that good also? Because it's upachaya house.

abhishek
Contributor
Contributor

Post by abhishek » 12 Mar 2017

Dear Shilpa ji,

I have rahu-ketu placed in 6-12 axis. I am virgo ascendant, rahu is placed in aquarius aspected by saturn from 4th house. So, i have a well placed rahu, as aquarius is the best rashi for rahu. But what about saturn's aspect..saturn is aspecting his own/mooltrikona sign so is it good or his aspect on rahu is bad? Also sun is placed in 12th house with mercury and ketu. Please share your opinion on this.

Thanks & regards,
Abhishek
If one accepts that whatsoever is happening is as per God's will or Cosmic law then there will not be any complaint or frustration with life. But this acceptance will also come to us as per God's will. - Ramesh Balsekar

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 12 Mar 2017

True Shilpa. Rahu is one planet that has an element of " suddenness " . Anything can happen anytime anyhow anyway under the influence of rahu. All mysterious events and diseases not comprehended by the naked eye or human logic falls under rahu. It is one planet whose remedies are variable across the houses. In the same house, some may benefit by Satvik remedies the others may benefit by rajas. All tantra and spells when under the mysticism of Rahu, give magnified results and are often very difficult to conquer even by most knowledgeable experts.

When you do not know how to pacify rahu, pray Maa Durga.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 12 Mar 2017

abhishek wrote:
12 Mar 2017
Dear Shilpa ji,

I have rahu-ketu placed in 6-12 axis. I am virgo ascendant, rahu is placed in aquarius aspected by saturn from 4th house. So, i have a well placed rahu, as aquarius is the best rashi for rahu. But what about saturn's aspect..saturn is aspecting his own/mooltrikona sign so is it good or his aspect on rahu is bad? Also sun is placed in 12th house with mercury and ketu. Please share your opinion on this.

Thanks & regards,
Abhishek
Pls share your birth, time , place data
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

freeloader wrote:
11 Mar 2017
What about rahu in the 3rd house? Is that good also? Because it's upachaya house.
It is said Rahu does well in Upachaya houses.....and that's one of many such sayings....
Does it ?
I don't know haven't been able to study enough cases closely to validate.
regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Helius wrote:
12 Mar 2017
Capricorn Asc & Moon in Poorvabhadrapada, RA in Arudra (6th house) and KE in Purvashada (12th house) (DOB 01 Oct, 1982. 14:15 Hrs. 13°5′N 80°16′E).

Here RA is aspected by JU from 10th house, Lagna and Rasi lord SA (vargottama) and MA from 11th house (own house & vargottama).

Plz let me know about this placement. Thanks.
Dear Helius,
How was your Sa-Ra period
regards

freeloader
Contributor
Contributor

Post by freeloader » 12 Mar 2017

shilpa wrote:
12 Mar 2017
freeloader wrote:
11 Mar 2017
It is said Rahu does well in Upachaya houses.....and that's one of many such sayings....
Does it ?
regards
Sir i'm asking because my rahu conjuncts many planets(sun,mercury and venus) and aspects many planets(only jupiter and mars non-aspected by rahu). How can i to interpret my rahu? Thanks.

Birth details:

00:46

Istanbul/Turkey(Male)
Last edited by Helios on 12 Mar 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Enabled BBCode.

abhishek
Contributor
Contributor

shilpa wrote:
12 Mar 2017

18 August 1988, Male
Jaipur, Rajasthan
Longitude- 75:50E, Latitude- 26:53N
10:10 am (morning)
Virgo Lagna, Leo navamsa

Regards,
Abhishek
If one accepts that whatsoever is happening is as per God's will or Cosmic law then there will not be any complaint or frustration with life. But this acceptance will also come to us as per God's will. - Ramesh Balsekar

manov

Post by manov » 12 Mar 2017

Hi Shilpaji,

I also have rahu-ketu in 6-12 axis. I recently completed rahu mahadasha and saturn antardasha. It was very hard in mental and professional terms. I felt like I was always controlled by some force, cannot take and follow my own will. Lost job in the end of 2015 then worked really hard to get new job after 4 months. My details are below, please share your analysis and what you see is coming for me in near future.
14-11-1989 male,
solan,HP
00:02
Last edited by Helios on 12 Mar 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unwanted quotes.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

manov wrote:
12 Mar 2017

Hi Shilpaji,

I also have rahu-ketu in 6-12 axis. I recently completed rahu mahadasha and saturn antardasha. It was very hard in mental and professional terms. I felt like I was always controlled by some force, cannot take and follow my own will. Lost job in the end of 2015 then worked really hard to get new job after 4 months. My details are below, please share your analysis and what you see is coming for me in near future.
14-11-1989 male,
solan,HP
[/quote]

How was your Ra-Ra period

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

freeloader wrote:
12 Mar 2017
shilpa wrote:
12 Mar 2017
freeloader wrote:
11 Mar 2017
Does it ?
regards
Sir i'm asking because my rahu conjuncts many planets(sun,mercury and venus) and aspects many planets(only jupiter and mars non-aspected by rahu). How can i to interpret my rahu? Thanks.

Birth details:

00:46

Istanbul/Turkey(Male)

Dear Freeloader,

--Sun the lagna Lord is debilitated but attains Neech bhanga..it also attains N.B by being in mutual quadrant to debilitated Mars which also attains Neech bhanga

so in matters pertianing to Sun as lagna lord and and in it's general siginifctaions you will struggle early in life.....
i.e self esteem, leadership, focus and prioritizing matters are stressful and non productive yet .....neverthless....at some point you will "come of age" and learn your lessons

and then the Raj yogas associated with N.B will kick in and both Mars and Sun will bring hugely positive results....

--rahu will simply magnify the results of Sun and Venus and Me.....

before the N.B Raj yoga kicks in...rahu will aplly the negative / stresfull matters related to Sun....and thereafter the positivity.

---so eventually Ra will be acting positively in your chart

regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

abhishek wrote:
12 Mar 2017
shilpa wrote:
12 Mar 2017

18 August 1988, Male
Jaipur, Rajasthan
Longitude- 75:50E, Latitude- 26:53N
10:10 am (morning)
Virgo Lagna, Leo navamsa

Regards,
Abhishek
Dear Abhishek,

--Ra from a house placement is obviously good in 6th and is in Jupiter's Nk...and jup the dharmakarak is placed in the 9th house fo fortune and dharma.....

Rahu will act like noble Jup and make your righteous, wise , dharmik and brings forward enough blessings that will protect you from enemies / hurdles.

--Ket is also strong....being conjunct with a strong swakshetra sun and in 12th...however Sun itself gets ecplised...a grahan dosha

Get a Rahu Ket / grahan dsha pujan.....they are likely to bring you positive and highs with occasional major unfortunate life events at the start or end of their periods

regards

Astroboyprakuchan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Astroboyprakuchan » 12 Mar 2017

Hi Shilpa,

I have my rahu in my 9th house for Taurus ASC. But my AK is in 5th house in d9 which is vargothama and pushkaramsa which translates to

Astroboyprakuchan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Astroboyprakuchan » 12 Mar 2017

Hi Shilpa,

I have my rahu in my 9th house for Taurus ASC. But my AK is in 5th house in d9 which is vargothama and pushkaramsa which translates to Dharma pariyani. But I am not religious at all. In an another post my Khoo Ji, I came to know that rahu in 9th gives curse of Dharma and ista devta.
I have started visiting Iskon temple as Krishna since the 12th from my AK is moon which is also vargothama debilitated in Anuradha Nakshatra.
Currently I am jobless and have no clue how to proceed.
Please provide me guidance.

Details.
11 28 1989.
6 45 PM
Mysore Karnataka India

PS. I am at the end of my ketu MD.

lightray94
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lightray94 » 12 Mar 2017

I have my strong rahu which is bhavottama in 3rd house. As far as rahu antardashas are very good, I'm very successsful in those periods let it be dealing with people, let it be studies, those are very good times for me. Right now I'm running my Moon dasha, in which im struggling with having consistency, being in reality etc. but moon rahu is very good for me :) followed by moon-Ju which I suffered like hell now I'm running Moon saturn which is decent enough.
My rahu is in libra conjunct jupiter in 3rd house in D1, in ardra conjunct asc lord (ak) sun(vargottama) in 3rd house of gemini in Navamsa

abhishek
Contributor
Contributor

shilpa wrote:
12 Mar 2017

Dear Abhishek,

--Ra from a house placement is obviously good in 6th and is in Jupiter's Nk...and jup the dharmakarak is placed in the 9th house fo fortune and dharma.....

Rahu will act like noble Jup and make your righteous, wise , dharmik and brings forward enough blessings that will protect you from enemies / hurdles.

--Ket is also strong....being conjunct with a strong swakshetra sun and in 12th...however Sun itself gets ecplised...a grahan dosha

Get a Rahu Ket / grahan dsha pujan.....they are likely to bring you positive and highs with occasional major unfortunate life events at the start or end of their periods

regards
Thank you shilpa ji.

Against_oddS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Against_oddS » 13 Mar 2017

Hello shilpaji!!!

How is the position of Rahu in 8th house considered as??? Also sits along with Ra is a swakshetri Saturn in Capricorn.
3 may 1990
New Delhi
8:34 am

Saturn which slows everything down and Ra the complete opposite.

manov

Post by manov » 13 Mar 2017

[quote=shilpa post_id=236941 time=1489345394 user_id=3217]
[quote=manov post_id=236937 time=1489342247 user_id=16825]

[/quote]

Hi Shilpaji,

14-11-1989 male,
solan,HP
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi Shilpaji,

My Rahu-Rahu period was between 2009 to Aug 2011. It was a stressful period but in Jan-Feb 2011, I got a job offer in a renowned company. I joined that company in June 2011, still a struggling period.

Regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 14 Mar 2017

manov wrote:
13 Mar 2017
shilpa wrote:
12 Mar 2017
manov wrote:
12 Mar 2017

Hi Shilpaji,

14-11-1989 male,
solan,HP

Hi Shilpaji,

My Rahu-Rahu period was between 2009 to Aug 2011. It was a stressful period but in Jan-Feb 2011, I got a job offer in a renowned company. I joined that company in June 2011, still a struggling period.

Regards
[/quote]

Dear Manov,

Ra sits in Mar's nakshatra and Ma is YK.....and so Nk placement of Ra is good....
and House placement of Ra is also good in the 6th....

the struggle / stress is due to the weakness of lagna and its lord.....lagna is in acute gandaant 0deg13' in fiery Leo on boundary of watery cancer...and Lagna Lord sun is debilitated.

regards

manov

Post by manov » 14 Mar 2017

Hi Shivaji,

So when can I expect good results from rahu. I am still going thru a struggling phase so when can I expect this to change.

Regards

manov

Post by manov » 14 Mar 2017

[quote=shilpa post_id=237012 time=1489502939 user_id=3217]
[quote=manov post_id=236982 time=1489425436 user_id=16825]
[quote=shilpa post_id=236941 time=1489345394 user_id=3217]

Hi Shilpaji,

14-11-1989 male,
solan,HP
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi Shilpaji,

Regards
[/quote]

Dear Manov,

Ra sits in Mar's nakshatra and Ma is YK.....and so Nk placement of Ra is good....
and House placement of Ra is also good in the 6th....

the struggle / stress is due to the weakness of lagna and its lord.....lagna is in acute gandaant 0deg13' in fiery Leo on boundary of watery cancer...and Lagna Lord sun is debilitated.

regards
[/quote]

Thanks Shilpaji.
I am still facing the struggle and stress in my profession, when can I expect things to change?
Are there any indications of job change or relocation?

Regards,
manov

Lata1

Post by Lata1 » 14 Mar 2017

Dear Shilpa ji,

If Rahu in Pushkaramsha degree with saturn (Libra) in fourth house, rahu dasha good or bad to native ?
11th august 2013, 5.16 AM, Rishikesh

regard / Lata

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 14 Mar 2017

Lata1 wrote:
14 Mar 2017
Dear Shilpa ji,

If Rahu in Pushkaramsha degree with saturn (Libra) in fourth house, rahu dasha good or bad to native ?
11th august 2013, 5.16 AM, Rishikesh

regard / Lata
Dear Lata1,
Rahu is conjunct with an exalted shani and acts like an exalted shani.....very strong and largely positive fotr the chart...

will facilitate wealth through properties / business / trading.....since there are plenty of other wealth yogas in the chart.

regards

Rithika srivastav
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Rithika srivastav » 14 Mar 2017

my rahu mahadasa will completed in August 2017 I hve seen very bad condition in this period mental tension depression health issues n skin diseases even doctor cannot get my diseases... plzzz say me how to come out from this situation. my d.o.b is 20 Nov 1996 Monday 9 :15