The Concept of Aram in Thirukkural

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
The Concept of Aram in Thirukkural

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 09 Mar 2017

Hi Learned Members

For those who are not well versed with the Tamil Literature Book of Thirukkural, it basically talks about the spiritual precepts that can guide mundane living, sometimes to the point of discussing about associated sacred objects or even natural phenomenon like rain, to see how a human being can make his life on Earth greater or better.

Aram is one such concept.

It talks about active helping rather than showering sympathy to the other person, but just being a passive onlooker.

6th house if not afflicted gives Aram

12th house if afflicted gives sympathy that has no active helping forthcoming.

12th house if not afflicted gives charity which is is as good as Aram. 12th house and 2nd house strong, gives charity of a higher order as it means the savings are used actively for the benefit of mankind.

Best Regards
Khoo

Astroboyprakuchan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: The Concept of Aram in Thirukkural

Post by Astroboyprakuchan » 09 Mar 2017

Hi Khoo,

What's your take on this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1MLNxg_XABQ

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 12 Mar 2017

Thanks for the link.

Yes, it works, when I tested out on my chart. Although there are many points to note, it is still relatively simple and one can do it in one's head.

You can add the concept of Tara to it as well.

In fact, both systems show I should go into Vedic Astrology professionally with my Guru. I will do well but there will be debts to be paid as well and some hard work involved, although it is also a milk yielding cattle venture. The wealth gained is quite sizable too.

Astroboyprakuchan
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Astroboyprakuchan » 12 Mar 2017

Hi Khoo Ji,

Thanks for your feedback.

What is this Tara concept you are talking about. If I am not wrong Tara equals Nakshatra, which is what we are already using.

Can you give us some Insight on this concept at your convenience.

Regards,
AB