one's nakshatra lord being same as lagna lord

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
ddd
one's nakshatra lord being same as lagna lord

Post by ddd » 01 Oct 2016

Hi,

In a chart I know of, nakshatra lord is the same as lagn lord (lagnesh).

Now I know statistically it must be pretty common, roughly 11% of all the charts, will have this. But my question, is this configuration given some name in astrology? And does it signify something?

justchill
Contributor
Contributor

Re: one's nakshatra lord being same as lagna lord

Post by justchill » 21 Dec 2019

I have a similar query? What happens when lagna nakshatra lord and moons nakshatra lord are the same planet?

Like lagna in Aslesha and moon in revathi for a cancer ascendant mercury is the 4th lord. It will be like a double whammy if mercury is not well posited or is weak?

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: one's nakshatra lord being same as lagna lord

Post by Nora » 28 Dec 2019

I think it just means that that particular planet (which is the lord of ascendant and moon) becomes an important reason why you took birth. There may be lots of pending karma revolving around that planet. Ascendant or first house is all about your personality and physical self. It’s who you are and moon is your mental framework. So, that planet controls you at the body and mind level. If Sun is also in that planet’s nakshatra, then it would be body, mind and soul level. Also check the Atmakaraka for the ruling planet of your Soul, if this too happens to be that planet, then regardless of that planet’s strength or benefic or malefic placement, it strongly confirms huge pending karma pertaining to that planet. If it’s benefic, then less pending karma. If malefic, one needs to put in extra efforts to complete the pending karma.

Kind regards

Nora