Lagna and its importance?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Dhanusimha
Lagna and its importance?

Post by Dhanusimha » 13 May 2016

Lagna decides the 1st house and lagna specifically is a point or say a degree in a chart. It's neither a planet or a node, nothing. Just a point. Now having lagna at 5 degree dhanu and having lagna at 20 degree dhanu are all the same?
We don't assign a nak to lagna too. Then what is the use of lagna? Apart from determining the houses.
And please enlighten if lagna like planets can be combust by sun?
Will be grateful to learn. :)
Regards

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lagna and its importance?

Post by anxious2711 » 15 May 2016

Hi Dhanusimha,

Lagna represents the rising horizon at birth. It is not a planet and hence cannot be combust.

Lagna at 5 degree Dhanu and at 20 degrees Dhanu is not the same at all, as it the lagna changes in every single divisional charts. And looking at Bhava charts, there can be a lot of differences between those 2 lagna.

Dhanusimha

Post by Dhanusimha » 15 May 2016

Why yes! The divisional chart gets altered.
Thanks, Anxious

Dhanusimha

Post by Dhanusimha » 16 May 2016

From a little observation in last few days, while we are exploring the significance of the degree of lagna, is not it right to conclude that Arudha lagna should be calculated according to the exact longitudinal distance between exact degree of lagna and that of the Lagnesh. I had been assuming my AL to be pisces but the longitudes tell a different and more accurate story.

justchill
Contributor
Contributor

Post by justchill » 22 Jan 2019

I think the Nakshatra that the Lagna is in also is important and it’s lord. It is called the Lagna nakshatra lord.