Debilitation in D10 always bad ?

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
uspa
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Debilitation in D10 always bad ?

Post by uspa » 26 Jan 2016

Does a debilitated planet in D10 always give a bad career in the Mahadasha of that respective planet ?

vyvasvatha manu
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Debilitation in D10 always bad ?

Post by vyvasvatha manu » 26 Jan 2016

a debilitated 6th lord not owning any kendras/koNas, need not always give a bad career, but then again placement matters :wink:

Astrocrazed

Post by Astrocrazed » 06 Aug 2017

Absolutely not! In fact is quite the opposite. There is an interview with Pdt. Sanjay Rath that explains this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOAHU94twLE
Go to 36:00

majestik108
Contributor
Contributor

Post by majestik108 » 06 Aug 2017

I agree with Astrocrazed. Debilitation is something that needs to be studied carefully before results are predicted. Debilitation isn't necessarily bad if it's receiving benefic support such as a drishti from Jupiter or it's unaspected and it's dispositor is strong. There are many other exceptions but those are a few off the top of my head.

Here's an example chart:

March 9 1972
Time unknown
Brooklyn, New York

This guy is considered one of the greatest lyricists of all time in rap music, but is not widely known in the mainstream. Rap as you may have realised already has a heavy Mercury influence and his Mercury is debilitated in Pisces but dispositor Jupiter is strong in Sagittarius with the Moon and Mercury is unaspected. The result? He's considered one of the greatest storytellers in rap music ever and has a very unique style. Mercury is debilitated but it not INEFFECTIVE. I personally feel like debilitation can bring out a unique side of a planet that is not seen frequently. So like with everything in life, there's good and bad.

Debilitation isn't always bad, exaltation isn't always good. A planet being placed in mulatrikona has a better chance of being positive, in my view, with all other factors remaining constant.

uspa
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by uspa » 06 Aug 2017

Below are my birth details....could someone please look and tell me if my career will come to a complete standstill in my Sun mahadasha as predicted by an astrologer. I currently work in a bank ever since my Venus mahadasha started. Sun is exalted in rasi but debilitated in D10. I did not work during my Venus -Sun dasha.

3rd May 1979, 11:06 pm, Pune-Maharashtra-India

lightray94
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lightray94 » 17 Aug 2017

Astrocrazed wrote:
06 Aug 2017
Absolutely not! In fact is quite the opposite. There is an interview with Pdt. Sanjay Rath that explains this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOAHU94twLE
Go to 36:00

Absolutely true, people tend to go to the fields where debilitated planet sits in. True in my case.