Signification of 2nd Lord in 11th & Then 11th Lord in 9th

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Signification of 2nd Lord in 11th & Then 11th Lord in 9th

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 11 Sep 2014

Hi Learned Members

Ever woundered what happens when 2nd lord goes to 11th and then in turn 11th lord goes to 9th?

2nd, 9th and 11th houses have been called the dawn of fortune houses by an astrologer. 9th and 11th houses are houses of prosperity according to classics understanding with 9th being 11th of the 11th.

Any charts for this?

Theoretically speaking, I would envisage a person's movable assets and savings (2nd house) gets bigger through gains (2nd lord in 11th house) and then through prospecting (9th house) gets even bigger.

Best Regards
Hock Leong

ashtalakshmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Signification of 2nd Lord in 11th & Then 11th Lord in 9t

Post by ashtalakshmi » 11 Sep 2014

Hi Mr.Khoo,
Last edited by ashtalakshmi on 30 Jan 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 11 Sep 2014

Thanks ashtalakshmi.

I hardly read charts these days. But thanks for asking and mabye one fine day I will do it.

ashtalakshmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ashtalakshmi » 11 Sep 2014

Khoo Hock Leong wrote:Thanks ashtalakshmi.

I hardly read charts these days. But thanks for asking and mabye one fine day I will do it.
That's okay, no problem.

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 11 Sep 2014

This chart belongs to James Clavell - famous writer who is known for his books and movies like The Great Escape, Shogun etc. He spent some months as a POW in a Japanese prison camp. After he quit military he became a writer.

DoB: 10th Oct 1924,09.50,Sydney
-------
My take:
2nd lord in 11th - doesn't bring immediate rise in wealth, the accumulation of wealth will be slow and exponential. In this case, 2nd and 3rd is in 11th - during the youth phase these natives will be dependent on family especially elder siblings for money, in the later stage they turn to other sources since 11th indicates public life which means many more sources of income will open up. Saturn in the 11th also indicates strong materialistic perspective on life, James Clavell was a staunch supporter of laissez-faire which is an ideology that involves making money without paying taxes, tariffs to the government.

11th in 9th normally brings fortune from distant places. James Clavell was born in Australia, moved to England, lived in United states and died in Switzerland. This shows that travel was a big part of his fortune.

Regards
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

tripura
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tripura » 11 Sep 2014

Hi! Khoo ji and elipsisji,
My daughter is sagittarius ascendant and her 2nd lord saturn is exalted in libra the 11th house and the 11th house lord venus is in leo in the 9th house, yes she had been struggling a bit ,now shes becoming stable. regarding the travelling part u are 100% correct. She was born in africa, studied there and then some time in india also studying then we moved o the carribean where she learnt many foreign languages (spanish, dutch and papiamentu the local language) in school, then went to university in Florida usa, and now again studying and working in tthe netherlands where she is a citizen, widely travelled and speaks quite a few languages fluently, also works always in good companies and is also respected at her work place.
I may be wrong abt her horoscope but her birth details are as follows
29th july 1983, Monrovia Liberia @ 17.42p,m local time
As yet she is only comfotable financially, nothing big.

ap210585
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ap210585 » 13 Sep 2014

-
Last edited by ap210585 on 07 Jun 2016, edited 1 time in total.

BrahmKumar
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BrahmKumar » 13 Sep 2014

Hi Khoo and Elipsis ji,
My father is having 9th and 11th exchanged. Libra ascendent, Mars in 11th and Sun in 2nd. Here are details: 2nd Dec, 1947, 4:30 AM, Kanpur. But I think he is below average in terms of money.
I would love to get an idea of his money and (off the topic) health currently and in near future.

Best
BK

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 13 Sep 2014

tripura wrote:Hi! Khoo ji and elipsisji,
My daughter is sagittarius ascendant and her 2nd lord saturn is exalted in libra the 11th house and the 11th house lord venus is in leo in the 9th house, yes she had been struggling a bit ,now shes becoming stable. regarding the travelling part u are 100% correct. She was born in africa, studied there and then some time in india also studying then we moved o the carribean where she learnt many foreign languages (spanish, dutch and papiamentu the local language) in school, then went to university in Florida usa, and now again studying and working in tthe netherlands where she is a citizen, widely travelled and speaks quite a few languages fluently, also works always in good companies and is also respected at her work place.
I may be wrong abt her horoscope but her birth details are as follows
29th july 1983, Monrovia Liberia @ 17.42p,m local time
As yet she is only comfotable financially, nothing big.
While her horoscope is good the positions don't exactly match like Khoo said in the first post so the results will vary slightly.
As of Dec 2015 I am no longer active on this forum. If you have any questions related to my topics you can contact me via email by clicking on my username. I very much enjoyed contributing on this forum.

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 13 Sep 2014

BrahmKumar wrote:Hi Khoo and Elipsis ji,
My father is having 9th and 11th exchanged. Libra ascendent, Mars in 11th and Sun in 2nd. Here are details: 2nd Dec, 1947, 4:30 AM, Kanpur. But I think he is below average in terms of money.
I would love to get an idea of his money and (off the topic) health currently and in near future.

Best
BK
Its not really exchanged on close observation because the planets fall in different cusps- five planets are in the 1st cusp. Anyway, moon dasa will bring oppurtunities for travelling and money.

mistaxyz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mistaxyz » 13 Sep 2014

Dear elipsis sir. i have 2nd lord retrograde mercury in 11th house(pisces) with sun and venus(retrograde). sun+mercury(R)+venus(R)-11th house(pisces). Mercury is debilitated but i guess its getting neech bhang as its sitting with exalted venus. sun-10 degrees, venus-26degrees, mercury-25 degrees. and 11th lord jupiter(16 degrees) is debilitated in 9th house(capricorn). Some astros say jupiter doesnt harm much in 9th house even if debilitated .One astro even said jupiter is also getting neech bhang but i dont know how. Ill be greatful if you can check these combinations in my chart and tell me what result they will give.Here are the birth details:

DOB-25/3/1985, TOB-10:02 AM, POB-NEW DELHI, GENDER-MALE
REGARDS

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 13 Sep 2014

Please carry on with the thread.........readers and elipsis.....just want to add my opinion.

The thing is 2nd house props the 1st and thus we can see the opulence of the person. 4th even more so because of the fixed assets nature and vehicles.

11th is gains but the propping up may not be there. Sun which is powerful here for public life, is more concerned with his public tasks.

9th is even worse in that respect. The person goes overseas, quite far from his place of residence (the 4th) and unlike the 10th has no connection with the 4th by Nadi Asepects that is. Its connection with the 1st is also sublime (9th aspect). Thus the propping up is not there either.

Yet the person may be prosperous.....................

If we have 9th lord to 11th and 11th lord to 2nd and 2nd lord to 4th, all the propping up effects would be in place. The person makes full use of his prosperity to display his opulence.

astro123
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astro123 » 13 Sep 2014

Hi KHL

I have a slightly diff and re-jigged combination - Have my 2nd lord in 9th and 9th lord in 11th
Beginner/Learner of Vedic Astrology

BrahmKumar
Contributor
Contributor

Post by BrahmKumar » 14 Sep 2014

Quote "Its not really exchanged on close observation because the planets fall in different cusps- five planets are in the 1st cusp. Anyway, moon dasa will bring oppurtunities for travelling and money"

Dear Elipsis ji,
Perhaps I do not understand what you want to say. Please elaborate on the cusps. OR if you have any good resource where I can read about it. Also, as you have mentioned, is his moon dasha going to be better than what he is running of now (of Sun)?

Thanks,

BK

elipsis
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by elipsis » 14 Sep 2014

BrahmKumar wrote:Quote "Its not really exchanged on close observation because the planets fall in different cusps- five planets are in the 1st cusp. Anyway, moon dasa will bring oppurtunities for travelling and money"

Dear Elipsis ji,
Perhaps I do not understand what you want to say. Please elaborate on the cusps. OR if you have any good resource where I can read about it. Also, as you have mentioned, is his moon dasha going to be better than what he is running of now (of Sun)?

Thanks,

BK
Cusps begin from the degree of the ascendant and not from the sign as they show the true position of planets. In his chart 4 planets sit in the first cusp (not 5) which is quite unhealthy considering so many planets affecting the physical body and mind. Moon period will bring opportunities for traveling as its in the 9th house, may be he will travel to holy places as the 9th shows divine fortunes, then as per KP system Moon will also give the results of the 10th house where Saturn and mars sits.

Chart: http://imgur.com/jf0srML

aganapa2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aganapa2 » 14 Sep 2014

Khoo and Elipsis - Good points explained
aganapa2
Last edited by aganapa2 on 18 Sep 2014, edited 1 time in total.

ami
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ami » 14 Sep 2014

Very interesting observation,

I have 2,3rd,4th,7th,8th 9th and 11th in 9th House. 1st, 5th in 11th. I traveled abroad multiple times and enjoyed the stay but never settled abroad, traveled and return to india, So far prosper slowly with own savings but still not very rich.

Amit
DOB-12 JUL 1977 TOB-11.10 AM POB-Bulandhshar(U.P)

sg07
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sg07 » 14 Sep 2014

Hi everyone,
I'm an Aries asc and I have my 11th lord saturn in 2nd and 2nd lord venus in 4th house...and 9th lord Jupiter in 9th house...what is the significance of this placement?
Rgds SG

sagiloyal
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sagiloyal » 15 Sep 2014

Dear Elipsis/KHO,

I am cancer ascendant and my 2nd lord SUN is in 11th house and my 11th lord Venus is in 9th house along with moon. Does this mean I am fortunate ? Nothing so far and so far I am very fortunate in all aspects.

My Date of Birth is 19th- May-1982,
Time: 11:06 AM
Place: Vizianagaram
State: Andhra Pradesh
India.

However I am outside India now.

Thanks.