Case Study - Fortune change (Ongoing thread)

For discussion on planets, houses, signs, nakshatras, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Case Study - Fortune change (Ongoing thread)

Post by rathore » 10 Sep 2013

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... 19&t=23126
Subbu2799 wrote:Dear Moderators,

I have serious problem with my career and not getting job for last 1 year after huge loss in business after From Jan 2010

DOB : 27/06/1974 Time :15:45 pm Location:Chennai

1. Technology /First job in 1993
Gone till Senior management in abroad worked till dec 2009. Made own stupid decision to resign for settling in India. Locally tried didnt get job for sometime in early 2010 , venture into Business and lost huge money/everything as of date. Trying for Job since start of year in abroad/india not able to get.

2. Date of joining the job and date of loss [if that is the case]
DOJ: Sep 1993 Last Job end : 31 Dec 2009

Perosnal/Family front i going thru very tough period

Pls check and let me know any hope on job or any advice

Regds
Subramanian
Rasi-Navamsa.jpg
Dasamsa.jpg
JHORA users: Jhora calculates Avasthas incorrectly & assigns next Avastha. I can get into technical details of Avasthas should one ask.

The native had major downturns in Jupiter-Venus and till date. Here are the major points to consider:

1. Venus in 7th house own sign in exalted Navamsa & Dasamsa in Netrapani avastha
Its also a functional malefic owing to its Mooltrikon in 12th house (expenditure)

2. Jupiter in 4th house in Sayana avastha

3. Venus Jupiter in Exchange in Navamsa (strong relationship). Also in Exchange in Dasamsa. So the Yoga they are participating in is very strong.
Refer: http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... =6&t=23115 for "Strong relationship" rules

4. Venus conjunct Ketu and with no benefic intervention and its dispositor (itself) is conjunct Ketu

5. Jupiter having a debilitated Mars aspect with no benefic intervention and its dispositor Saturn combust

See BPHS screenshot:
BPHS.png
- Jupiter is in Sayana avastha so its divisions (i.e. Pisces where Venus falls in both Navamsa and Dasamsa) are not much auspicious as per the Sloka

- Venus is in Netrapani avastha so its divisions are rendered inauspicious too

Continued..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Case Study - Fortune change (Ongoing thread)

VenusAvastha.png
Notice it says loss of wealth in the 7th house. Why 7th, 10th and Ascendant only? 10th is rank/profession, 7th is 10th to 10th (everyday work), Ascendant is 7th to 7th . So Venus (material comforts) in Netrapani (crying) is either rising -1st, setting-7th or on mid heaven (top)-10th i.e. at the most visible points through which a native makes wealth. See the confidence with which the Sage states that wrt houses! And then see the Dasha results for yourself. Notice Venus is closest to rising degrees than any other planet.

Why in Jupiter-Venus Dasha? Because both planets have a very strong relationship going on (by being in Exchange/Parivartan in two relevant Vargas while being in inauspicious divisions because of said Avasthas at the same time!). Their dispositors (Rashi, Navamsa, Dasamsa) are either in bad company, combust or bad Avastha or all of these (in Rashi only). This is a double-double result which the native experienced. Otherwise it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. Malavya yoga has also been affected here.

Why Sun's sub-period did not give results? Because its in a division of a combust planet in both Navamsa and Dasamsa! Although Mercury combustion may not have much of say especially because its in own sign.

Of course this doesn't mean only bad things would have happened as other factors weigh in too but explains why there is no need of jugglery with so called divisional "charts" to interpret the events otherwise there is a great Raj yoga in Navamsa between 9th and 11th exchange and a great Vipreet Raj yoga in Dasamsa. So Divisions (Vargas) are to be used for Strength, Relationship, Sookshma result analysis and Yogas should NOT be looked into it because they are not "independent charts" with houses, aspects.

Rathore
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I request members learned in Remedial measures to suggest Remedies.

It looks like sight affliction (which I am assuming means Evil Eye) but I am not versed with Remedies. Please suggest as the native has had major changes in his fortune.

Rathore

Subbu2799
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Subbu2799 » 11 Sep 2013

Dear Mr.Rathore,

Thanks for great effort on the case study. I dont have any knowledge about evil eye and their remedies. Pls let me know i will do the same

Regds
Subramanian

satishdesh

Post by satishdesh » 09 Dec 2013

Namaste rathorji

I am really happy to see some one really using avasthas now a days. Very few eastern/western astrologers use this technique now a days. I also heavily depend upon d charts and seldom use this technique.

Regarding your present analysis again there is same problem of correct script and translations. So I am putting this for further conclusions.

नेत्रपाणिं गते लग्नगेहे कवौ सप्तमे मानभे यस्य तस्य ध्रुवं । नेत्रपाते निपातो धनानामलं चानभ्ये वासशाला विशाला भवेत् ।।
यदि शुक्र नेत्रपाणि अवस्था में लग्न, सप्तम या दशम भाव में हो तो हर तरह से धन की प्राप्ति हो । अन्य राशि हो तो विशाल भवन हो ।।
This is from khemraj Mumbai.

I assume you must be knowing Sanskrit a little bit. धनानामलं is having two words, first धनानाम् = n types/no of wealth and अलं = abundant/plenty. So meaning is, he gets many types/from many sources plenty of wealth. But here also translator is silent for netrapate neeepato. Even ganeshdatta Pathak has translated as नेत्र बैठने से धन का नाश होता है. I think he had done sandhi of this word as धनाना & मलं but there can’t be a word like dhanana [धनाना] as root word here is धन means wealth which is having षष्ठी विभक्ती as per present text.

Sorry to indicate contradiction but bphs or Sanskrit text are very difficult to understand now a days. A translator should understand the related context of shloka and he should be an expert astrologer plus should have knowledge of Sanskrit if he decides to translate bphs. But sorry to say that present translations, specially english ones are not up to the mark, sometimes misleading. So we are destined to face such situations.

I am not a Sanskrit expert but as I am having different editions of bphs sometimes I get stuck up and then start going through Sanskrit terms in details.
My prior apologies if this hurts or if my understanding is wrong.
Hope this may help.
Regards
satish

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 12 Dec 2013

Namaste Satish ji,

It is interesting the Khemraj edition has a different interpretation of the same verse. The second part of the verse ( नेत्रपाते निपातो धनानामलं चानभ्ये वासशाला विशाला भवेत् ।।) is translated the same in various BPHS versions. First part has contradictions.

The word निपात seems to point towards a loss, ruin (but I can't be sure as in Sanskrit it can mean something else too). I will request one of the forum members who has got Sanskrit skills to take a look.

Indeed, it can be risky to rely completely on translations. Many translators are not Astrologically sound, moreover there are original copyist errors at some places. An Astrologer has to deal with these uncertainties and make predictions. Moreover it is an asset for an Astrologer to be sound mathematically, grammatically. Here is one BPHS quote that sums it up nicely:

Rathore

satishdesh

Post by satishdesh » 19 Dec 2013

Namaste rathorji

The first part of the shkola is translated correctly in all translations but there are variations in second part.
नेत्रपाणिं गते लग्नगेहे कवौ सप्तमे मानभे यस्य तस्य ध्रुवं this first part is commonly translated as; ven in netrapani avastha in 1/7/10 houses definitely ………

नेत्रपाते निपातो धनानामलं चान्यभे वासशाला विशाला भवेत् this part is having different translations. Only khemraj tried to have धनानामलं as a single word. पात & निपात do have quite similar meanings as in the word nipat also root word is pat means fall, loss, ruin etc. Question here is why they used similar words or do they have different meanings?

If we construct stanza in this way
नेत्रपाणिं गते लग्नगेहे कवौ सप्तमे मानभे नेत्रपाते निपातो धनानामलं यस्य तस्य ध्रुवं चान्यभे वासशाला विशाला भवेत्
{ We can have correct meaning like this but still we need Sanskrit scholar and न्यायविद् astrologer to have correct understanding.}
ven in netrapani avasthha in 1/7/10 houses in every manner will definitely give eye diseases, wealth and good big houses if in other bhavas.

Netrapani avashhta may indicate eye diseases and placement of benefice in 1/7/10 do have benefice influence on houses which give success in wealth creation. 7th is called house of पदोन्नत्ती as this is 10th from tenth.

But still seems to be a puzzle.

Look at the translation of this scanned shloka which shows pathetic state of translation. For example न्यायविद् here is translated in toto as lawyer, logician, where as they can have written as a person who can judge the pro & cons of language rules, effects (शब्दशास्त्रे कृतश्रमः) in synchronization with astrology dictums while declaring grahaphala.

But at least we all can have imp clues from available translations; so big thanks to all translators for their hard work & efforts.

Hope this helps.

Regards
satish

Avni
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Avni » 24 Jul 2018

Hello rathore-ji,

Can you expand on JHora's problems with avastha calculations and what is the correct way one may go about finding out avasthas?

Regards,
Avni.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 24 Jul 2018

You can find the method in many a text and even online. Just follow the calculations and notice the difference between JHORA sayanadi avastha calculations versus your own manual calculation. JHORA is off by one.

For members PM'ing me: My account doesn't have access to respond to PMs. So please don't mind.

Avni
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Avni » 24 Jul 2018

Dear sir, thank you for responding. And thank you for all your illuminating posts. I'm a learner and the Varga thread in particular was of great help to me. Thank you!

Getting back to JHora, the difference seems to be due to the way they count ghatis. They round it off to the "running ghati." However, I'm not sure whether we are to count the running ghati or only which have fully elapsed? In my own case, it is 51.79 ghatis. Should I add 52 or 51 ghatis? BPHS translation I have only said "ghati," while calculations online would round of to the nearest ghati.

Regards,
Avni.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 26 Jul 2018

Avni ji,

The running ghati is the 'time' when the birth happened. So elapsed ghatis and therefore avasthas calculated through them have already concluded. In your case birth happened after 51 ghatis completed and 52nd running. So 52 is considered.

Rathore

Avni
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Avni » 29 Jul 2018

Thank you!

Sir, is there a way I can get in touch with you for the purpose of guidance regarding some texts and/or consultation (with compensation)?

Regards,
Avni.

Sishya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Sishya » 21 Jan 2023

Hi,

In my humble opinion, the native was in the midst Jupiter/Guru-dev's Maha-Dasha. For the records, Jupiter/Guru-dev is Atmakara, has least Shadbala and in Mrita-Avasta. More importantly, the native had started a gruesome or nasty Sade-Sathi or Saturn/Shani-dev's transit across natal placement of Moon/Chandra.

On my part, I'm inclined to think testing/challenging times started a bit earlier (well before the stated date/s), Ketu Antara probably played a part as well. By the way, the partially cancelled Kemadruma Yoga (among other) would have contributed to the situation as well.

Sincerely...

shilpa3
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by shilpa3 » 29 Jan 2023

Hi can anyone offer to see my horoscope in detail i can pay for the same? My details are as under
Date of birth 15th September 1986
Time 11:35 am
Place - Bhandup, Mumbai Maharashtra
Not a blissful marriage on cards but what should I consider to curb down my planetary afflictions? If a guy has same rashi as mine plus we both share Saturn in same houses will it help for a long lasting marriage? The guy is not into any commitment right now but our meeting usually looks like predestined or someone i had met in my last birth like very comfortable and happy.
But he has keen interest in other women as well. Although has zero energy to find them or tolerate them. Very lazy person too.
His birth details are
10th November 1983
Time is 11:30 pm
Place is Nagod madhya pradesh.